PDA

View Full Version : Obama wants to make war in Syria

Loki
08-21-2012, 01:19 AM
It is very clear ...

Obama warns Syria chemical weapons use may spark US action (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19319446)

The Lawspeaker
08-21-2012, 01:21 AM
I think it was the plan all along. The West has become as addicted to war as an heroin addict to his shot.

Farah
08-21-2012, 01:23 AM
It's ironic how chemical weapons are now seen as the red line, as if all the dozens of war crimes that have been committed so far and the thousands that have been killed are not shocking enough? :confused:

The situation in Syria is truly devastating..I hope there will not be a US invasion, but the Assad dictatorship has to fall soon by the hands of the people -there is too much bloodshed against innocents.

Anusiya
08-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Only to be replaced by some other madman.

"By the people." Pff...

Smaland
08-21-2012, 01:53 AM
As much as I care about and respect the U.S. military, it should be admitted that it has been forced to become a Roman legion for the new world order. Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, the only reason we should have gone to Afghanistan was to find Osama bin Laden, and the Libyan conflict posed no threat to the U.S.

Western politicians may want to use war to meddle in global politics, but I have no interest whatsoever in foreign conflicts.

Frigga
08-21-2012, 02:08 AM
Wow, and he's a Nobel Prize recipient. :picard2:

MST3K
08-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Only to be replaced by some other madman.

"By the people." Pff...

Yes, or a puppet directly under US control just like Egypt and Libya. They lapsed into a government ran by the same people NATO fought to expel. Obama does not deserve his peace prize, then and now...I guess you can say it was the first affirmative action peace prize.

Melina
08-21-2012, 02:32 AM
It is very clear ...

Obama warns Syria chemical weapons use may spark US action (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19319446)

Of course he wants war. How else can you defend the interest of your investors without working to hard and sacrificing your own skin?

Bobcat Fraser
08-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Hegemony was the main goal, and this will be used to further the plan. The tragedy in Syria can be used to the strategists' advantage, an accident that can be used to reach their goal. It's also likely no coincidence that Iran is between Afghanistan and Iraq. It's the jewel in PNAC's crown. To the planners' dismay, Iraq is now on much better terms with Iran, though, which makes things more complicated. There's almost always a Joker or a wild card in the deck. Libya was one such example. Look at Khadafy's replacements.

Grizzly
08-21-2012, 02:48 AM
The Bankers main goal is for instability in the region.. There is no such thing as democracy in the Middle East. I won't be surprised if Iran is next the agenda and a "rebellion" all of a sudden sprouts out.

As far as I'm concerned this may end up being another Libya but I don't think Iran or Russia will let it happen. US is really getting frighteningly aggressive in world affairs..

StonyArabia
08-21-2012, 04:25 AM
The Bankers main goal is for instability in the region.. There is no such thing as democracy in the Middle East. I won't be surprised if Iran is next the agenda and a "rebellion" all of a sudden sprouts out.

Wrong, the U.S want to stabilize the region after they proped up a Shia fundmentalist regime in Iraq that has become the puppetof Iran rather than that of the U.S. The Shia crescent was and is danger on American and Western interset at large and it also angered America's allies such as Jordan and Saudi Arabia in which Iran is threat. Syria being Iran's only alley in the region, and is ruled by a Shia Alwaite minority, and which has greatly supported the Shia Hezbollah, which acts like the de facto government in Lebanon. With removing Assad, and brining a Sunni led regime it would help balance the situation after the destabilization that occurred post 2004.

As far as I'm concerned this may end up being another Libya but I don't think Iran or Russia will let it happen. US is really getting frighteningly aggressive in world affairs..

Assad has lost support of the majority of the Syrian people actually. Russia is only doing bluffs and it knows that facing the U.S will cost her big time, it's crippled and an overrated nation. The only thing that Iran is doing is sending Basj fighters, and helps in funding the crippled Assad regime. Assad regime has saw defactions in the highest sector which means it has ended, and with it the Iranian influence, but most importantly the death of the Shia cresent and weaking the current Iraqi government as well which the U.S actually desire. No the U.S will not do anything toward Iran because it want establish a balance in the region through Syria nothing more and nothing less.

Loki
08-21-2012, 04:34 AM
Wildeagle, the point is that the US has no business in the ME. They're only doing it for Israel, as Obama has actually said in his video ... Israel wants a weak and carved up Syria and its big buddy the US will see that it happens, no matter the cost in human life. Appalling.

Siberyak
08-21-2012, 04:43 AM
It would be even worse if the American Sheeple stood by and let our government wage another costly war.

Loki
08-21-2012, 04:58 AM
It would be even worse if the American Sheeple stood by and let our government wage another costly war.

Sheeple indeed. They're already whipping up this 'chemical weapons' strawman as a pretext for war, and next you'll see puppet David Cameron calling for war, too. Will the American people support a war? Of course! They're addicted to bloodshed, it's like watching a horror movie for them, they'll probably eat popcorn while watching the news developments.

Siberyak
08-21-2012, 05:03 AM
Sheeple indeed. They're already whipping up this 'chemical weapons' strawman as a pretext for war, and next you'll see puppet David Cameron calling for war, too. Will the American people support a war? Of course! They're addicted to bloodshed, it's like watching a horror movie for them, they'll probably eat popcorn while watching the news developments.

The people of the usa are so dumbed down that they don't even care in my opinion. As long as the baseball game is on then it's no worries. Our government will continue to toe the line and get away with murder all over the world.

StonyArabia
08-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Wildeagle, the point is that the US has no business in the ME. They're only doing it for Israel, as Obama has actually said in his video ... Israel wants a weak and carved up Syria and its big buddy the US will see that it happens, no matter the cost in human life. Appalling.

I agree, that the U.S has no business in the ME. However since 2003 Iraq war, the U.S created a Shia cresent in the region, that basically stretched from Iran to Lebanon. This not only angered the U.S closest allies in the Middle East such as Jordan and Saudi Arabia it alienated them. What is happening in Syria is basically what happened in Iraq in reverse. The U.S sees's Iraq as a mistake in the geopolitical situation, and through Syria it sees the solution. Indeed it's pretty sick but so is the Assad regime. I think the fall of Assad will alter the Middle East into something not foreseen, it will have no effect on Israel, since Syria has never been in conflict with it, but rather it would just strengthen the American grip and end's Iranian as well Russian influence in the Middle East. Syria is also wanted by the Americans because of it's important strategic geographic location.

Food
08-21-2012, 05:19 AM
http://shermanave.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/obama-winking.jpg

Loki
08-21-2012, 05:32 AM
I agree, that the U.S has no business in the ME. However since 2003 Iraq war, the U.S created a Shia cresent in the region, that basically stretched from Iran to Lebanon. This not only angered the U.S closest allies in the Middle East such as Jordan and Saudi Arabia it alienated them. What is happening in Syria is basically what happened in Iraq in reverse. The U.S sees's Iraq as a mistake in the geopolitical situation, and through Syria it sees the solution. Indeed it's pretty sick but so is the Assad regime. I think the fall of Assad will alter the Middle East into something not foreseen, it will have no effect on Israel, since Syria has never been in conflict with it, but rather it would just strengthen the American grip and end's Iranian as well Russian influence in the Middle East. Syria is also wanted by the Americans because of it's important strategic geographic location.

Who said a post-war Syria would be Sunni? As I said, America is only doing this for Israel's interest, no other reason. And it could get really messy there ... do you even think about the cost in human life, or are geopolitical games more important?

Jedthehumanoid
08-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Does this region have oil?

Bobcat Fraser
08-21-2012, 06:41 AM
My last post is the following. I support our military to the utmost, and I believe in a very strong defense. As part of my regard and respect for our troops, it pains me to see them used for reasons that would be foreign to the Founding Fathers. Let's help our troops by bringing them home, because these endless wars are taking away too many young lives full of promise.

Siberyak
08-21-2012, 06:46 AM
My last post is the following. I support our military to the utmost, and I believe in a very strong defense. As part of my regard and respect for our troops, it pains me to see them used for reasons that would be foreign to the Founding Fathers. Let's help our troops by bringing them home, because these endless wars are taking away too many young lives full of promise.

That's right because there are to many young adults who are coming back in body bags. They are being duped by our government into fighting the "bad guys"

Grizzly
08-21-2012, 06:06 PM
That's right because there are to many young adults who are coming back in body bags. They are being duped by our government into fighting the "bad guys"

What's worst is how patriotism and the military go hand to hand in this country. If you don't support the war efforts in the middle east you are seen as unpatriotic and get labeled anti-american, communist, etc. The media uses it as propaganda to gain support for the wars.. Not to mention Military ads are everywhere in this country and there's always some sort of tribute to the military and the freedoms they protect.

It's ironic as they are doing the opposite of protecting our freedoms and safety and what other BS they feed us.

Anarch
08-22-2012, 01:46 PM
The US should be backing Assad, like they should've backed Saddam. Taking down Assad will open a massive vacuum that'll be filled (as it already is being) by Al-Qaeda, who will in turn destabilise the middle east and seek to strike at the foundations of the world economy by bringing down the Saudi monarchy. Is anyone actually stopping to think of the what 'democracy' means for these people?

The Lawspeaker
08-22-2012, 01:48 PM
The US should be backing Assad, like they should've backed Saddam. Taking down Assad will open a massive vacuum that'll be filled (as it already is being) by Al-Qaeda, who will in turn destabilise the middle east and seek to strike at the foundations of the world economy by bringing down the Saudi monarchy. Is anyone actually stopping to think of the what 'democracy' means for these people?

Al Qaeda doesn't exist as it is a pure CIA phantom. Islamic fundamentalism however does exist.

Farah
08-22-2012, 02:01 PM

So it just has to be choosing between bad and worse, it's that black and white? This is fear-mongering rhetoric that is particularly popular among the pro-Assad Syrians - Do you really think all those people have been dying for months now, just so that 6th century barbarians will rule them. Come on, this portrayal of our people to be stupid is insulting. Yes radical Islamists exist, even among the ranks of the opposition fighters, but it's just a typical propaganda tool used by dictatorships - to perpetuate an atmosphere of fear, that without them the nation will fall - in order to stay in power. Democracy won't come overnight or not even in a decade maybe, but it will naturally take lots of time because our region has never had a stable tradition of democracy - It's an experiment, there will be ups and downs, but isn't that expected.

el22
08-22-2012, 02:20 PM
I think it's common knowledge in America that, for a president to be remembered at all, he must either start a new war, or successfully conclude the current one(s).
Elections are coming... and it's more easy to start a new one anyway.

Grizzly
08-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Al Qaeda doesn't exist as it is a pure CIA phantom. Islamic fundamentalism however does exist.

Maybe Islamic fundamentalism does exist now but it's pretty much directly created by the US/West actions abroad. When you topple and destroy countries, raid their resources, kill their civilians, etc, what do you expect will happen? That being said it's still not a major threat for us and it's blown out of control by the media to be used as a propaganda weapon for the rich moguls who own this country. Here's terrorism put into perspective (http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=0472), although I don't know how legit these stats are

Terrorism is the "greatest threat of the 21st century". But only according to the US, the UK, and Israel.

In the corporate mass media news, we hear the word "terrorism" many times almost every day, but what about the real problems in the world today?

Next time you leave your house, beware, because crossing the road is many hundreds of thousands of times more of a threat to your life than terrorism.

THE TRUTH ABOUT TERRORISM

0: People killed in the USA by terrorism/WMD in 2006.
(Thousands killed by the US and its allies in foreign countries.)

0: People killed in the UK by terrorism/WMD in 2006.

0: People killed in the USA by terrorism/WMD in 2005.

52: killed in the UK by terrorism/WMD in 2005 (all on "7/7").

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2004.

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2003.

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2002.

2,752: in USA killed by terrorism in 2001 (all on "9/11").

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2001.

0: People in the USA killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.

0: People in the UK killed by terrorism/WMD in 2000.

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

1.2 MILLION: People in killed in road accidents EVERY YEAR.

430,000: Americans killed by cigarettes EVERY YEAR. (The equivalent of 9/11 repeated every two days forever.) Bush's response to a real threat? His election promise to stop the Justice Department's law suit against the tobacco industry.

400,000: Americans die each year from obesity (while much greater numbers around the world starve to death).

11,000: the people killed in America every year by guns, a human tragedy equivalent to a new 9/11 every 3 months.

8,437: Civilians killed by US/UK attacks in Iraq in 2003.

3,800: Civilians killed by US/UK attacks in Afghanistan by 2002.

135,000: Deaths from cancer in UK alone EVERY YEAR

3 MILLION: Killed by HIV/AIDS in 2003.

780,000,000: People starving to death RIGHT NOW.

1.2 BILLION: People "living" on less than $1 a day.

513,000,000: Number of people without access to safe drinking water.

2,500: Palestinian civillians killed "by accident" in Palestine by the Israeli army - and that's just since September 2000.

14,000: Palestinian people whose homes have been demolished by Israeli bulldozers - and that's just since October 2000. Families who do not escape in time are crushed to death - often at night in their beds

It's awful that the average American idiot has the IQ of a sheep and actually thinks terrorists hate us because we like McDonalds, American Football, NASCAR and any other American cultural icons.

StonyArabia
08-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Who said a post-war Syria would be Sunni? As I said, America is only doing this for Israel's interest, no other reason. And it could get really messy there ... do you even think about the cost in human life, or are geopolitical games more important?

No one knows what will happen post-war/Assad Syria but, the government that will be replaced will not be an Alwaite regime, and certainly it would not be Iranian friendly. Not only for the interset of Israel, but also for Jordan and Saudi Arabia. With Jordan and Saudi Arabia doing everything in toppling the Assad regime. The Americans clearly view the geopolitical situation and is important to protect their interset, for them the game is rather more important human lives. When Assad falls, the government that will take place would be the Free Syrian Army. The reason the U.S is doing this, by taking Assad out it would be killing two birds in one stone, Hezbollah would be extremely crippled and the influence Iran would end. This what Israel wants and this what Jordan and Saudi Arabia as well the Gulf states want. America made Iran a regional power and it's time to finish it in totality. Assad has murdered many people and is like madman that's not letting go, but he has fallen it's only a matter of time.

Willem
08-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Another MENA county possibly invaded by the US, what a surprise ...not.

StonyArabia
08-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Another MENA county possibly invaded by the US, what a surprise ...not.

It's tied to the mess they did in Iraq. The Americans think the Middle East as chessboard, however this time they might actually doing something right in confining Iranian influence and helping in making Hezbollah disappear since it relies heavily on Iranian and Syrian support.

Sophie
08-22-2012, 07:02 PM
It's tied to the mess they did in Iraq. The Americans think the Middle East as chessboard, however this time they might actually doing something right in confining Iranian influence and helping in making Hezbollah disappear since it relies heavily on Iranian and Syrian support.

Iran doesn't really have any influence in the region at all. Most of the regional power is in the hands of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and of course NATO.

http://www.anunews.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/aa-Iran-map-of-surrounded-by-US-bases-good-one1.png
http://griid.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/us_bases_surrounding_iran.jpg

StonyArabia
08-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Iran doesn't really have any influence in the region at all. Most of the regional power is in the hands of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and of course NATO.

http://www.anunews.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/aa-Iran-map-of-surrounded-by-US-bases-good-one1.png
http://griid.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/us_bases_surrounding_iran.jpg

It does via the Shia cresent, when the Iraqi government was replaced by Shia fundmentalist that has become an Iranian puppet, which the Americans want to end this Cresent. Turkey, Saudi Arabia and America all want to end this and hence why they want Iran to be outside of Near Eastern politics.

Sophie
08-22-2012, 07:10 PM
It does via the Shia cresent, when the Iraqi government was replaced by Shia fundmentalist that has become an Iranian puppet, which the Americans want to end this Cresent. Turkey, Saudi Arabia and America all want to end this and hence why they want Iran to be outside of Near Eastern politics.

The Shiite crescent is named after the geographical distribution of Shiites in the Near East. It is not a military alliance. :)

And just because the Iraqi people and Iranian people share the same religion, it doesn't make Iraq "a puppet" of Iran.

Virtuous
08-22-2012, 07:14 PM
War? Nah, only a peace keeping operation for the best interests of the Syrian population, and for human rights.

StonyArabia
08-22-2012, 07:15 PM
The Shiite crescent is named after the geographical distribution of Shiites in the Near East. It is not a military alliance. :)

It's both actually, the Shia ruled regimes of Syria, Iraq and the Hezbollah de facto ruled Lebanon are allies of Iran.

And just because the Iraqi people and Iranian people share the same religion, it doesn't make Iraq "a puppet" of Iran.

The Iraqi government was placed by the Americans, but this bit them, since they are friendly and try to obey Iranian orders if this not puppet I have no idea what, hence why they want to cut Assad. Why do you think the Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey all want to end the Assad regime and were not happy about the regime change that the Americans did in Iraq, because Iran gained more power than before.

Grizzly
08-22-2012, 07:49 PM

Is that why the US is using Al-Qaeda in Syria?

US will topple the Assad regime for their own interests. Probably to defeat a threat for big daddy Israel, control the resources in Syria, for the rich moguls to profit off the devastation and to create an oil pipeline through Syria to ports..

Mani
08-23-2012, 07:12 PM
The Shia strategy in the middleast is to survive. The purpose of existence for any nation and people is to survive. The degree and quality of survival varies from nation to nation. I am afraid without Iran's relatively sophisticated intelligence and military might, the degree of survival for shia's will be low. The sunnis of the region are surviving very well and have been for centuries, they are very cunning and clever politicians. It is only recently that shias have gained some influence and power in Iraq that the sunnis are throwing a fit ... they would like to drink the blood of the shias once again if they could believe me . . .

The majority of sunnis had no problems rebelling against the Ottomans in favor for the British to come and draw lines on the map and replace muslims with 'puppet' arab foreign kings to rule instead of having the Iraqi people sharing the power.