PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Semitic cartoon draws criticism of Austria's far-right party

microrobert
08-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Anti-Semitic cartoon draws criticism of Austria's far-right party

An anti-Semitic cartoon posted on Facebook by Heinz-Christian Strache has sparked criticism and anger.

http://www.globalpost.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/gp3_small_article/anti_semitic_cartoon.jpg

An anti-Semitic cartoon posted on Facebook by far-right Austrian politician Heinz-Christian Strache has ignited criticism and anger from the Jewish community and politicians.

The cartoon features a caricature of a banker with a hooked nose and Star of David cufflinks, and has been likened to propaganda used by Nazis in the 1930s by Austrian Jewish leader Oskar Deutsch

Anti-Semitic cartoon draws criticism of Austria's far-right party | GlobalPost (http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/120820/anti-semitic-cartoon-draws-criticism-austria-far-right-party)

MarkyMark
08-21-2012, 03:17 AM
While it is offensive, I've had enough of people being politically correct. Let Osterreich be anti-semitic.

Corvus
08-22-2012, 04:22 PM
H.C Strache at his best LOL :D

Dacul
08-22-2012, 06:40 PM
What is in that caricature anti-semitic?
I see there written "die banken" and "die regierung" - lol - does that means jew in german and I do not know?
(from what I knew "die banken" means "the banks" and "die regierung" means "the government.)

Corvus
08-22-2012, 07:30 PM
What is in that caricature anti-semitic?
I see there written "die banken" and "die regierung" - lol - does that means jew in german and I do not know?
(from what I knew "die banken" means "the banks" and "die regierung" means "the government.)

It is not visible on first sight, the buttons of the jacket show some specific symbol

Dacul
08-22-2012, 07:31 PM
It is not visible on first sight, the buttons of the jacket show some specific symbol

Ye,so,aren't most bankers jewish?
I find the cartoon excelent,lol.

Anusiya
08-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Ye,so,aren't most bankers jewish?
I find the cartoon excelent,lol.

No, most bakers are NOT Jewish, contrary to "popular demand" :P