PDA

View Full Version : What is your mtDNA Haplogroup

Pages : [1] 2 3

Angantyr
07-03-2009, 01:33 AM
What is your mtDNA Haplogroup. We already have a poll for our yDNA Haplogroup, now the ladies can participate.

Of course, there are more mtDNA Haplogroups than yDNA Haplogroups given the different reproductive patterns of men and women, so the poll is necessarily broader.

Angantyr
07-03-2009, 01:39 AM
I am U5a2c, which is found mostly in northern Europe and has its highest concentration amongst the Lapps.

Thanks, mom!

quotablepatella
07-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Mine's H, one of the most common. not sure which kind of H it is.

Psychonaut
07-03-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm H4, which a rare subclade found in small numbers here:

http://wiki.hmtdna.org/lib/exe/fetch.php/results/h4/h4_map.png?w=500&h=&cache=cache

Angantyr
07-06-2009, 03:39 AM
I cannot believe only three people posted. Is nobody interested in their direct maternal ancestry? The identical question with respect to direct paternal ancestry received more responses by an order of magnitude.

Brynhild
07-06-2009, 04:27 AM
I cannot believe only three people posted. Is nobody interested in their direct maternal ancestry? The identical question with respect to direct paternal ancestry received more responses by an order of magnitude.

I've only just seen this myself, keep your shirt on! :P

I posted this Thread (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3717) a while back. I accidentally pressed HV on the poll, when I am, in fact H.

I would love to know more about my maternal line, but since it's Irish and the Four Courts were destroyed by the IRA, I don't like my chances of finding any more out for the moment. I would, however, like to go to my ancestral home and hopefully have the time to do my own research. There is the possibility of the local parish records and such that are still kept.

Barreldriver
09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
I am in Haplogroup H, I've had all 3 regions tested. I have 20 exact matches from the same family that came from Region Nordjylland, Denmark in the 1800's.

Trog
10-18-2009, 06:42 PM
I am U3, which is reported to originate around the Black Sea area.

Global Distribution of mtDNA.

http://www.hmtdb.uniba.it:8080/hmdb/onlinehelp/img/HaplogroupsMap.jpg

Barreldriver
10-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Seems I've got some more exact matches, one from Finland, another from Sweden, and one from Southeastern England, the Swedish line is related to my Danish matches from North Jutland.

Trog
10-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I think you really need to get your 23andme done, barrell. I've never met anyone so obsessed with every minute percentage of ancestry, lol.

Tabiti
10-18-2009, 06:47 PM
I think to test my mtDNA in the next few months. I have to choose between two labs - National Genographic and Family Tree DNA. Which one would you recommend me?

Barreldriver
10-18-2009, 06:52 PM
I think to test my mtDNA in the next few months. I have to choose between two labs - National Genographic and Family Tree DNA. Which one would you recommend me?

Go with FTDNA, because #1 they test more, and have haplogroup assurance, #2 your results will be eligible for the genographic project anyways, so there's really no need to test with the Genographic.

My only issue is FTDNA only does 2 HVR regions, SMGF/Genetree does 3 HVR regions and tests as many markers that are in the CRS for comparison against the CRS.

Barreldriver
10-18-2009, 06:53 PM
I think you really need to get your 23andme done, barrell. I've never met anyone so obsessed with every minute percentage of ancestry, lol.

I like to be thorough. :P

Bjólf
10-18-2009, 07:35 PM

I have had no problem with FTDNA. You can allways get their cheapest product, and buy an upgrade later in life without having to send in a new sample.

Barreldriver
10-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I have had no problem with FTDNA. You can allways get their cheapest product, and buy an upgrade later in life without having to send in a new sample.

I think that's only as long as the sample lasts, I thought there was a three year life span before the sample had to be thrown out.

Bjólf
10-18-2009, 07:48 PM
I think that's only as long as the sample lasts, I thought there was a three year life span before the sample had to be thrown out.

Probably, anyways three years is quite long time.

Another good thing now is that they have a discount sale on the Full Genome Scan of the mtDNA, for only $449 at the moment (persons allready tested HVR1 and HVR2 also get a discount for upgrading). I would strongly advice people to take the chance while it is possible.

Barreldriver
10-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Probably, anyways three years is quite long time.

Another good thing now is that they have a discount sale on the Full Genome Scan of the mtDNA, for only $449 at the moment (persons allready tested HVR1 and HVR2 also get a discount for upgrading). I would strongly advice people to take the chance while it is possible.

What is provided with their full genome scan? Is it medical or does it do 23andMe stuff?

My FTDNA page is showing a full mtDNA scan, SNP's, 3 HVR regions, whole spiel for $229.00

Bjólf
10-18-2009, 08:22 PM
What is provided with their full genome scan? Is it medical or does it do 23andMe stuff?

The FGS is scanning of the entire mtDNA genome (all 16 659 SNPs), while 23andme only test about 3000 SNPs on that part, but ofcourse scans your other chromosomes which in the end makes allmost 600K scanned SNPs.

My FTDNA page is showing a full mtDNA scan, SNP's, 3 HVR regions, whole spiel for $229.00

Yes, you probably have the "standard" mtDNA product, with only HVR1 tested?

Wölfin
10-18-2009, 08:24 PM
I don't know yet, but I'm most definitely curious to know for sure.

Goidelic
10-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Well, my maternal side is all Gaelic Irish, but I have a strange mtDNA haplogroup. It is W, but apparently present all over Europe & parts of the world for that matter, rather international. It is classified as European but present elsewhere all over. It's high for Finns! :thumb001: Probably another reason I love Finns so much, their culture, music & found one in Austria. :p I am anciently part Finnish. :D
I guess this gives me another reason to make more Finnish guess threads. :p

Ireland

A 0
B 0
C 0
D 0
H 47.65
I 2.34
J 14.06
K 7.81
T 9.37
U 9.37
V 7.03
W 2.34
Z 0
Other 0

Haplogroup W

Highest incidences of W are found among Finns/Estonians (5.45%) and European Russians (2.33%), suggesting Eastern Link.

Haplogroup W appears in the western Ural Mountains and the eastern Baltic, though it is also found in India as well as Spain, Finland, Poland, Iran, Pakistan and Thailand. Its ancestral haplogroup was Haplogroup N.

Barreldriver
10-18-2009, 09:38 PM
The FGS is scanning of the entire mtDNA genome (all 16 659 SNPs), while 23andme only test about 3000 SNPs on that part, but ofcourse scans your other chromosomes which in the end makes allmost 600K scanned SNPs.

Yes, you probably have the "standard" mtDNA product, with only HVR1 tested?

I have HVR I, II, III tested with SMGF, and as many markers tested that are in the CRS.

The sale for the "full mtDNA scan" on FTDNA according to my home page was $229.00.

Angharad
10-20-2009, 09:36 AM
I am U3a. My maternal line is Norwegian, and I have matches in Norway, Germany and USA.

la bombe
10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Mine is U5b1, a Saami halpogroup found primarily in northern Scandinavia. My maternal line is from the UK.

Allenson
10-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Still waiting........ I'm in batch 326 and the expected date is November 1........

asulf
10-22-2009, 06:29 AM
The paternity tests are banned in France, where all DNA test must be done within the framework of legal proceedings with the consent of the person tested. Laboratories caveat that results of DNA tests carried out this procedure are admissible in court without mentioning the penalties. Normal, is domiciled abroad, they run no risk. However, the analysis results of DNA tests can be seized at customs and the offense is punishable by one year in jail and 15,000 Euros fine (in 2007).
my mtDNA Haplogroup must be mutant, or seeds of insurrection in any case, it confirms my detachment d be of French nationality, I just feel my Germanic ancestors howl in every corner of my cell, the cries of freedom.
ENJOY this country is saying freedoms! and rights of man!
I live in a place that turns out to be a huge joke

Aino
10-23-2009, 12:42 PM
I am H3. It is the second most common branch of H after H1, and most common in Iberia and Sardinia.

I have only two high resolution matches (HVR1 + HVR2). One has British, the other German ancestry. However, I am not sure if they are H3 as they haven't taken a deep clade test.

Allenson
10-30-2009, 04:31 PM
OK, just got my results--I went cheap and only did the HVR1 tested for now.

So, I'm an H.

Yawn. ;)

With just the HVR1 tested, I'm only one position away from the Cambridge Reference Sequence....

The furthest back I can trace my materal line via the paper trail is to a woman by the name of Sarah McFadyen who was born circa 1797 & died in 1860 in Tignish, Prince Edward Island, Canada. I have not yet been able to place her family in the Old World but I suspect either Ireland or the west coast of Scotland. Many McFadyens who moved to Canada came from the Isle of Mull off the west coast of Scotland.

chap
10-30-2009, 04:59 PM
H1 here, means I can jump higher and run faster than most other people.

Colonel Frank Grimes
10-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Mine is U5a1

Pallantides
01-09-2010, 06:42 AM
N1a

It was common among the early central European neolithic farmers but is extremely rare today... feels like I belong to a dying race lol.

kosmonomad
01-09-2010, 02:55 PM
MtDNA H28 which is a newly proposed subclade. Some matches in Sweden and some more with swedish family names in Finland and Estonia. Also matches in Ireland and a couple more in the US. So it's two migration lines. This was surprising to find.

Polako
01-10-2010, 05:34 AM
I'm H7.

Electronic God-Man
02-20-2010, 02:56 AM
N1b. Just got the results.

lO3ca5FshCY

Electronic God-Man
02-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Can I ask someone who knows better what the deal is with N1b?

I try to find information about it and I just get a hundred Jewish DNA blogs. So my understanding is that it is typically Jewish, however I also see that a lot of Ukrainians, Poles, and Lithuanians have this mtDNA. This maternal line of mine is from Lithuania.

Is N1b common in Eastern Europe or has it most likely been brought there by Jewish people?

Psychonaut
02-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Can I ask someone who knows better what the deal is with N1b?

I try to find information about it and I just get a hundred Jewish DNA blogs. So my understanding is that it is typically Jewish, however I also see that a lot of Ukrainians, Poles, and Lithuanians have this mtDNA.

Is N1b common in Eastern Europe or has it most likely been brought there by Jewish people?

You'll get loads of Jewish results for R1a1 too, which shocked me at first. I think, like in other things, they're just more vocal. From what I understand, Jews are only in possession of these haplogroups due to intermixture with Eastern Europeans. After all, N1b has its origins in Siberia, right?

Pallantides
02-20-2010, 09:48 PM
After all, N1b has its origins in Siberia, right?

I think N1 originated in the Middle East or Central Asia,
N1b has not been detected among Siberians, but N1a is found Southern Siberia and N1e among Buryats in south east Siberia.

Psychonaut
02-20-2010, 09:54 PM
I think N1 originated in the Middle East or Central Asia,
N1b has not been detected among Siberians, but N1a is found Southern Siberia and N1e among Buryats in south east Siberia.

Ah, I must've mixed up the two.

Electronic God-Man
02-20-2010, 09:56 PM
You'll get loads of Jewish results for R1a1 too, which shocked me at first. I think, like in other things, they're just more vocal. From what I understand, Jews are only in possession of these haplogroups due to intermixture with Eastern Europeans. After all, N1b has its origins in Siberia, right?

From what I've seen, N1b originated in the Near East or Caucasus. It's most prevalent in the "Middle East, Egypt, the Caucasus, and Europe". And it has been found in Siberia.

I'm just not sure if the Siberia/Eastern Europe N1b's are mostly due to a much earlier migration via the Caucasus or Near East.

N1b is considered one of the "founder" haplogroups for Ashkenazi females. It shows up in 10% of them.

:confused: :)

PS. I don't have access to it, but this article (http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v17/n12/full/ejhg2009101a.html) talks about N1b in Siberian and Uralic populations.

Electronic God-Man
02-21-2010, 03:46 AM
I put my mtDNA sequence into the search engine at mitosearch.org (http://www.mitosearch.org/) and got some matches.

The closest were an Ivanauskas and a Krasauskis both from Kaunas, Lithuania. 0 difference in our sequences.

There were some with a +1 difference: Kupriute (Buckunai, Alytus, Lithuania), Stonkus (Aleksandravas, Lithuania), Gabinska (Tallinn, Estonia), Cimohowski (Poland), and Lysenko (Malin, Ukraine).

So there must be plenty of Lithuanians (& Co.) with that certain sequence of N1b.

On the other hand, I looked up all N1b results for Lithuania and a slight majority of them were women with obvious German Jewish maiden names. F.e. Goldstein, Blum, Tenengold, Gold, Feldstein.

Goidelic
02-21-2010, 04:48 AM
I put my mtDNA sequence into the search engine at mitosearch.org (http://www.mitosearch.org/) and got some matches.

The closest were an Ivanauskas and a Krasauskis both from Kaunas, Lithuania. 0 difference in our sequences.

There were some with a +1 difference: Kupriute (Buckunai, Alytus, Lithuania), Stonkus (Aleksandravas, Lithuania), Gabinska (Tallinn, Estonia), Cimohowski (Poland), and Lysenko (Malin, Ukraine).

So there must be plenty of Lithuanians (& Co.) with that certain sequence of N1b.

On the other hand, I looked up all N1b results for Lithuania and a slight majority of them were women with obvious German Jewish maiden names. F.e. Goldstein, Blum, Tenengold, Gold, Feldstein.

Hmmm... I really doubt your Lithuanian ancestor had some Jewish ancestry way back when. This is most likely due to Jews intermarrying ethnic Europeans and raising their offspring under the "Jewish ethnoreligious identity" not becoming Christian and converting while being ethnic Lithuanians, that is virtually unheard of.

Jews are a part of every haplogroup known to mankind, just some more than others and the stereotypical Y-Haplogroup J1, but that is also common amongst Arabic peoples as well, but still an ultimate ancient Middle Eastern "Semitic" ancestor is the link, but still autosomal DNA dictates phenotype, and many Middle Eastern/Ashkenazi Jews are racially different than Arabs despite possessing the same haplogroups, different variants, and despite being "Semitic Middle Eastern" people.

I'm sure your N1b is ultimately of a different subclade, probably of an ethnic Lithuanian variant. One could speculate that you had an ancestor way back when who was kicked out during the Sephardim and fled to Lithuania to produce a family marrying only ethnic Lithuanians for generations but the Jewish haplogroup stayed, but I think that's highly unlikely for such a story.

Like Psychonaut said there will be plenty of Jews with R1a1. Jews come in all shapes and sizes, and like I said, Jews possess every subclade of every haplogroup known to mankind due to endogamous relations/interbreeding. :D

Electronic God-Man
02-22-2010, 02:42 AM
Interesting find:

Fifty-six of the 57 Ashkenazi Jews, the Spanish-exile Jews, and the Moroccan Jew, who shared 16176A, could be assigned to this same lineage. The single Ashkenazi and all other mtDNAs with 16176G did not harbor the mutations at 11928 and 12092. Curiously, the 16176A transversion probably occurred twice in the phylogeny of N1b. Indeed, we have found lineages with 16176A in Slavic-speaking populations both in the Balkans and in Ukraine, but these possessed HVS-I mutations different from those present among the Jews, and they did not harbor the mutations at 11928 and 12092; thus, they are clearly phylogenetically distinct from N1b genomes of the Ashkenazi Jews.
-Behar, et al.

According to the Genographic (National Geographic and IBM) Project: "One important sub-group, namely N1b, constitutes one of the four major Ashkenazi Jewish founder lineages. These N1b lineages are characterized by the mutations 16145A, 16176A, 16223T, 16390A, 16519C.

My N1b sequence: 16145A, 16176G, 16209C, 16223T, 16390A, 16391A, 16519C, 73G, 152C, 263G, 315.1C

HUZZAH!

poiuytrewq0987
03-12-2010, 06:11 PM
T2 or better known as the Royal T. :D

Nglund
04-14-2010, 05:23 PM
I belong to mtdna J1c...Typically Germanic/Indo-european:tongue:

http://www.geneticancestor.com/Forster2004Festschrift.pdf

Treffie
06-16-2010, 10:13 AM
I belong to mtdna J1c...Typically Germanic/Indo-european:tongue:

http://www.geneticancestor.com/Forster2004Festschrift.pdf

Yay! J1c2 here :thumb001:

Average frequency of J Haplogroup as a whole is highest in the Near East (12%) followed by Europe (11%), Caucasus (8%) and North Africa (6%). Of the two main sub-groups, J1 takes up four-fifths of the total and is spread on the continent while J2 is more localised around the Mediterranean, Greece, Italy/Sardinia and Spain

Within Europe, >2% frequency distribution of mtDNA J is as follows:

J* = Ireland - 12%, England-Wales - 11%, Scotland - 9%, Orkney - 8%, Germany - 7%, Russia (European) - 7%, Iceland - 7%, Austria-Switzerland - 5%, Finland-Estonia - 5%, Spain-Portugal - 4%, France-Italy - 3%

J1a = Austria-Switzerland - 3%

J1b1 = Scotland - 4%

J2 = France-Italy - 2%

J2a = Homogenously spread in Europe. Absent in the nations around the Caucasus. Not known to be found elsewhere.

J2b1 = Virtually absent in Europe. Found in diverse forms in the Near East.

Wölfin
07-28-2010, 06:05 PM
T2 or better known as the Royal T. :D

I am T2b...

Ćscwyn
08-09-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm interested in getting an mtDNA test but I'm not entirely sure who to go with or what to go for.

Am I right in thinking that to fully establish mtDNA haplogroup and subclade, HRV-1, HRV-2 and coding region need to be tested and then there is an additional test for subclade?

Can anyone recommend a good DNA-testing service?

Curtis24
08-14-2010, 06:59 PM
I'd like to find out. How can I do so?

EDIT: woops, saw the above post *embarassed*

Liffrea
08-14-2010, 07:50 PM
J no sub clade as the marker only has three exact matches one in the Scottish Highlands, one in East Anglia and one in Germany. Mine seems to have been the continental variety travelling up the Danube and Rhine as opposed to the coastel variety via Spain and into the western British Isles.

dhunter93
08-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Interesting find:

-Behar, et al.

My N1b sequence: 16145A, 16176G, 16209C, 16223T, 16390A, 16391A, 16519C, 73G, 152C, 263G, 315.1C

HUZZAH!

We have a close mtdna code mine is :

N1B

16145 A

16176 G

16223 T

16390 A

Common 145 1766 223 390

12-17-2010, 01:10 AM
H1b Finland since recorded times

Brynhild
12-17-2010, 05:13 AM
I'm interested in getting an mtDNA test but I'm not entirely sure who to go with or what to go for.

Am I right in thinking that to fully establish mtDNA haplogroup and subclade, HRV-1, HRV-2 and coding region need to be tested and then there is an additional test for subclade?

Can anyone recommend a good DNA-testing service?

I had the basic test with Family Tree DNA. Apparently, you can upgrade to within 3 years without sending in a second sample. I'd better do that soon.

I'd like to find out. How can I do so?

EDIT: woops, saw the above post *embarassed*
:P

Find which one appeals to you, and make enquiries. Mine was a swab from the inside cheek while others can just spit. When you order the kit, you get specific instructions on how to do it.

Äike
01-25-2011, 11:47 AM
My mt-DNA haplogroup is H1.

Oreka Bailoak
02-28-2011, 04:05 PM
My mt-DNA is H1a1. I've traced my maternal side to eastern England in the 1600's.

Don Brick
02-28-2011, 04:45 PM
H13a1a1a. :)

Graham
03-02-2011, 06:22 PM
k1C2
It's lonely here in haplogroup K.
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2066/hapkmap1.png

Pallantides
03-03-2011, 04:57 AM
What about us with mtDNA N1a...

N1a is a rare haplogroup that currently appears in only 0.2% of European populations

loneliness!

TheCelt
04-19-2011, 12:57 PM
mtdna H but ive only taken the initial test so far.

Olavsson
04-19-2011, 06:29 PM
I am H3, which is the most common variation of H after H1.

Do anyone know approximately when this group arrived in Northern Europe?

Myth
05-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I am H1

Barreldriver
05-02-2011, 05:55 PM
I've done the FMS/FGS and 23andMe so mine got updated to H3.

Rocket
05-02-2011, 10:59 PM
I was labeled as H5b in 23andme before but now I am labeled as H36.

Stygian Cellarius
05-02-2011, 11:10 PM
I've done the FMS/FGS and 23andMe so mine got updated to H3.

:lol:

I also have the FTDNA mtDNA FGS and got to add a "1" to my H4a. Which I had already discovered myself with 23andme raw data. :ohwell:

Barreldriver
05-02-2011, 11:24 PM
:lol:

I also have the FTDNA mtDNA FGS and got to add a "1" to my H4a. Which I had already discovered myself with 23andme raw data. :ohwell:

I did the FGS before I did 23andMe. :(

d3cimat3d
05-09-2011, 09:55 AM

poiuytrewq0987
05-09-2011, 10:04 AM

Could be from a conquest by the Gaguaz Turks of Goth women. :lightbul:

d3cimat3d
05-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Could be from a conquest by the Gaguaz Turks of Goth women. :lightbul:

Yeah that would be my #1 fantasy scenario.

There might be some truth behind it though, since Gagauzes from my moms village Congaz (well actually she's from just down the road) are loaded with I1a.

http://i51.tinypic.com/168c2o3.png

http://edoc.ub.uni-muenchen.de/5868/1/Varzari_Alexander.pdf

But it could be from the Varangians too, so who knows. Realistically, I think all the Gothic women long since left the area by the time Gagauz Turks arrived.

Boudica
05-10-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm looking to get this done. What is the best way to go about doing it/is it ok to order online?

Sicilianu101
05-12-2011, 05:55 AM
I have a U mtDNA haplogroup, but I specifically have U6a which is native to North Africa.

Odoacer
06-02-2011, 08:26 AM
T, specifically T2b3.

Frederick
06-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I am one more of the rare sons of mother "Katrine"

K1a4a1

Actually its K1a4a1a, but thats not a legit Haplogroup yet. ;)

Here are maps of FTDNAs K1a4a1 and its parental haplogroup K1a4:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4329/k1a4a1.jpg

Rochefaton
06-11-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm lucky enough to share the same mtDNA haplogroup as Inquiring Mind; T2b.

Pallantides
06-12-2011, 11:41 PM
I think the American outlaw Jesse James also shared the same mtDNA as you!:)

I share the same mtDNA (N1a) with a couple of early European farmers, a French Megalithic fellow, a medieval Dane, a couple of Hungarian nobles and a Scythian.

Seeing it's so rare nowadays, I feel like I belong to some ancient almost extinct elder race like those encountered in various Fantasy and Sci-Fi settings:D

Damboriena
08-06-2011, 12:19 AM
H3

Amapola
08-06-2011, 12:23 AM
J1c5

Nglund
08-06-2011, 10:42 AM
J1c5

Haha, if only that had been J1c2....:D

Amapola
08-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Haha, if only that had been J1c2....:D

Is it yours? J's are the best :thumbs up

Treffie
08-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Is it yours? J's are the best :thumbs up

And mine ;)

Amapola
08-06-2011, 12:06 PM
-
Editted: I thought you meant Jefferson :P

Amapola
08-06-2011, 12:11 PM
And mine ;)

Coming from vikings?

Treffie
08-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Coming from vikings?

Probably coming from Celtic females who were taken by the Vikings :)

Nglund
08-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Probably coming from Celtic females who were raped by the Vikings :)

Fixed :D

Peasant
08-06-2011, 12:19 PM
How did T1 subgroups get here then? :D

http://i51.tinypic.com/2vt35fk.jpg

Apparently...

Top 10 locations for T1 by highest frequency:
1. Romania - 8.51%
2. Parsis (Pakistan) - 6.80%
3. Bulgaria - 6.38%
4. Portugal (Northern) - 6.38%
5. Azerbaijan - 6.25%
6. Armenia - 5.76%
7. Brahui (SW Pakistan) - 5.30%
8. Mazandarian (N Iran) - 4.8%
9. Macedonia - 4.5%
10. Pathan (NW Pakistan) - 4.5%

D:

Nurzat
08-06-2011, 12:23 PM
uebereuropean and extremely rare H14

Nglund
08-06-2011, 12:40 PM
How did T1 subgroups get here then? :D

http://i51.tinypic.com/2vt35fk.jpg

Apparently...

Top 10 locations for T1 by highest frequency:
1. Romania - 8.51%
2. Parsis (Pakistan) - 6.80%
3. Bulgaria - 6.38%
4. Portugal (Northern) - 6.38%
5. Azerbaijan - 6.25%
6. Armenia - 5.76%
7. Brahui (SW Pakistan) - 5.30%
8. Mazandarian (N Iran) - 4.8%
9. Macedonia - 4.5%
10. Pathan (NW Pakistan) - 4.5%

D:

You pakibahstid :D:D

rhiannon
08-06-2011, 01:15 PM
I have NO idea! It would certainly be great to find out...but haven't a clue where to start, lol.

Damiăo de Góis
08-06-2011, 06:08 PM
J1c1 here

Nglund
08-07-2011, 12:54 PM
J1c1 here

Another relative :eek:.
Don't tell me and Treffie that we're half-Iberian now :eek: :eek:!!!

Frederick
08-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Latest map of mine, after a several people (a Fin, a Pole and an Ukrainian) with a certain mutation got their own subgroup.

The remaining people with the same mtDNA subclade:
http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/7021/mtdna.jpg

The relation of Haplogroup to subclade:
Scandinavia: 8% of customers in my Haplogroup, 10% of these in my subclade (0.8% of all Scandinavian customers)

British Isles: 10% in the Haplogroup, 4% of them in my subclade (0.4% of all British customers)

Western Europe (France, Lower countries, Germany): 9% in my Haplogroup, of wich are 1% my subclade (0.09% of the customers)
Wich means, the massive spots in Germany are caused by the large number of people who tested, rather than real "relative distribution".:rolleyes2:

Spain is in rated "southern Europe" and the statistic doesnt even list the subclade. The main Haplogroup is at 5% there.

But it seems a quiet rare clade anywhere in the world, if looking at the numbers.

Strange.... my grandmother had 7 children and her mother had 10 children. Her grandmother had 9 children. All quiet fertile... why is this lineage driven to extinction? :(

Marino
08-07-2011, 05:23 PM
W1e

Damiăo de Góis
08-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Another relative :eek:.
Don't tell me and Treffie that we're half-Iberian now :eek: :eek:!!!

Most of us here are H something. Us Js are a small elite. :cool:

Graham
08-07-2011, 05:44 PM
K1c2, most common area is Ireland. Otzi was another branch of K1. Haplogroup K is actualy a subclade of haplogroup U8. So could have clicked U and K on the poll.

K1c2
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13144&stc=1&d=1312738444http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13145&d=1312738603

Scrapple
08-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow this thread is over 2 years old and I am the first and only V.

Frederick
08-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Wow this thread is over 2 years old and I am the first and only V.

Yeah. should be 2. ;)

Similiar to K.
K is at 6% in all of Europe and 6% in the middle east.
Close to 10% in North-Western Europeans.
But in this forum there is only 3.28%

Neanderthal
08-08-2011, 05:29 PM
R2-D2

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3xB979gWhR6wQJuPN0Rlir8Najx5kF N3OQU8JsYPTnqsOb7EHYg

Tarja
08-10-2011, 12:14 AM
I got the first of my results back tonight, and my mtDNA Haplogroup is V. I believe this to be Northern Scandinavian, but I will have to do some more research. :)

Pallantides
08-10-2011, 12:29 AM
I got the first of my results back tonight, and my mtDNA Haplogroup is V. I believe this to be Northern Scandinavian, but I will have to do some more research. :)

Haplogroup V appears at levels of about 40% in the Sámi and around 12% in the Basque, also you share mtdNA haplogroup with Bono of U2 and Benjamin Franklin.

Scrapple
08-10-2011, 07:26 PM

Alright I am no longer the only one! My V came from NW Ireland.

Graham
08-10-2011, 07:40 PM

If your not on the 23andme relative finder, i'm doubting 23andme. Peasant's the only one here so far. :)

Scrapple
09-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Well my little familytreedna HVR2 mtdna V group as finally grown (after about a year) to 4 people. It seems Scotland has entered the picture and as it now stands it is Ireland 3 - Scotland 1. Stay tuned in for more exciting developments.

larali
09-14-2011, 01:32 AM
Lots of Hs here, I guess that makes sense. Mine's H1.

Frederick
09-14-2011, 02:06 AM
K is still increadable low.
2.94%

Why is that?

Belgium: 13%
Ireland: 11%
Denmark: 10.5%
Austria: 10.5%
Netherland: 10%
Switzerland: 10%
England: 9.5%
Wales: 9.5%
Germany: 9%
Portugal: 7.5%
Iceland: 7.5%

and so on.....

But 2.94% in here? Come on! :P

Boudica
09-14-2011, 02:16 AM
Mine is H7.
http://english.martinvarsavsky.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Maternal-Haplogroup.jpg
23andme says that it is found highest amongst Scandinavians and Basques. It is supposedly rare and I've been able to find out a bit about it but not as much as I'd like to :D

StonyArabia
09-14-2011, 02:23 AM
Interesting Yes mtDNA H is one of the most common European markers. It's origins are most likely Anatolia or the Caucasus. It spread into Europe during the Ice age. H1 is typical of Iberia as well.

Kadu
09-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Mine is H7.
http://english.martinvarsavsky.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Maternal-Haplogroup.jpg
23andme says that it is found highest amongst Scandinavians and Basques. It is supposedly rare and I've been able to find out a bit about it but not as much as I'd like to :D

That's the info they give for the H haplogroup as whole, but not for H7 specifically.

H7 frequency map according to Álvarez-Iglesias et al 2009

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/Kadu_album/H7dispersal.png

Most of the H7 people that I'm sharing with are French, followed by Eastern Europeans.

H7 haplogroup project on Ftdna

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/mtdna_h7/default.aspx

d3cimat3d
09-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Most of the H7 people that I'm sharing with are French, followed by Eastern Europeans.

I guess this is the Celtiberian maternal haplogroup then, seeing how it's present in Galicia.

Kadu
09-14-2011, 07:28 AM
I guess this is the Celtiberian maternal haplogroup then, seeing how it's present in Galicia.

Well, I associate it more with the Völkerwanderung of the Germanic peoples into Iberia. I'm also of a similar subclade, H7a, which definitely peaks in Western Germany, and the Low countries. However the H7 levels in Iberia are so low - in numerical terms I mean - that we can't make a strong case out of this conjecture.

Frederick
09-14-2011, 04:46 PM
here is the map of the "H7 Members" project group on FTDNA:

Check for "all members".
The other things are mutation clusters inside of H7

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/mtdna_h7/default.aspx?section=mtmap

xor eax, eax
10-31-2011, 06:19 AM
I belong to a seemingly rare subclade of H, H4a1. While it appears to be most common in Northern Europe, my great grandmother was an Italian immigrant and all known relatives prior were also Italian.

lI
11-01-2011, 08:39 PM
uebereuropean and extremely rare H14
Mine too, different subclade though.

Supreme American
02-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Just got my results... H1 maternally. No paternal DNA available.

http://i39.tinypic.com/35k3bmf.png

13,000 years ago, not long after the end of the Ice Age. At that time much of Europe was covered by glacial ice sheets that descended southward from Scandinavia and extended across the alpine regions of the Pyrenees and Italian Alps. People who had formerly inhabited continental Europe sought refuge in the warmer climates of southern France, the Iberian and Italian peninsulas.

The H1 mutation likely arose in a woman living on the Iberian peninsula. Even today, almost 25% of the Spanish population carries the H1 haplogroup. With the waning of the Ice Age, some populations grew rapidly and expanded northward from the Iberian refuge. Others turned southward, crossing the Strait of Gibraltar into northern Africa.

Following the Atlantic coast northwards, hunter-gatherers carried H1 into what would become the British Isles. As the ice sheets retreated farther they carried the haplogroup as far as Scandinavia. The H1 haplogroup remains quite high in the present-day populations of Britain and Ireland as well, ranging from levels of 15% to 40%.

About 13% of present-day Europeans trace their maternal ancestry to the H1 haplogroup. Though it is of western European origin, it also reaches significant levels outside Europe, from Morocco and Tunisia to Lebanon and east into Central Asia

cilicia
02-12-2012, 02:55 AM
I belong to a seemingly rare subclade of H, H4a1. While it appears to be most common in Northern Europe, my great grandmother was an Italian immigrant and all known relatives prior were also Italian.

This is what all my matches say as well, but I have not had full FGS yet. Mine was originally from Germany. H4 is one of the very oldest branches of H.

Jerry
02-12-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm a Finnish H1

StonyArabia
02-12-2012, 03:17 AM
J1b the highest frequencies occur among the Desert tribemen of Arabia

Moromans
02-12-2012, 03:43 PM
I have just joined this forum and saw this thread. My mtDNA is T2b. My background is mostly English although I have some Dutch, German and French. There seemed to be very few Ts on this forum. I did see a few. I have read Ts are present in Western England and Ireland.

Odoacer
02-16-2012, 04:41 PM
I have just joined this forum and saw this thread. My mtDNA is T2b. My background is mostly English although I have some Dutch, German and French. There seemed to be very few Ts on this forum. I did see a few. I have read Ts are present in Western England and Ireland.

Yes, I am one of those Ts: T2b3. My direct materal line traces back to England. :)

orangepulp
02-17-2012, 10:19 AM
I am plain H with no subclade.

Azalea
02-27-2012, 11:19 PM
My mtDNA is C4a1 (http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6088/6155621775_70e3379953_b.jpg) so I voted for 'other'.

Gordost
02-28-2012, 12:13 PM
My mtDNA haplogroup is U4. :)

~Elizabeth~
03-21-2012, 01:25 PM
H1c

Su
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
I am H29 and it's very rare, serious now !

MNKraut
03-31-2012, 04:37 AM
I am T2b

~Elizabeth~
04-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I've already voted for H. I was H1c but my new subclade/subhaplogroup is H1c12

http://phylotree.org/

http://phylotree.org/tree/subtree_R0.htm

Albannach
05-21-2012, 07:57 AM
I'm mtDNA K. I don't know much about this haplogroup. Does anyone know when K first arrived in the British Isles? Did it arrive with the Indo-Europeans or does it predate them?

Mistic
05-21-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm from J group.

Viljuska
06-09-2012, 01:13 PM
My mtDNA haplogroup is HV but I don't know which one.
23andme tests single positions all over the mtDNA but no complete region. If a subgroup is determined by a position not tested it can not be seen by their test, therefore it is possible that I belong to a subgroup of HV.

Artek
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
My mtDNA is U4, rare one :)

The Exiled King
07-02-2012, 06:16 PM
My mtDNA is U4, rare one :)

Yay mtDNA U brother!!!

fergusgiselle
07-21-2012, 08:27 AM
23andme placed me as I, I ran my data through another group which said either 1 or a few of the subclaves could be possible. My second cousins are i3, I would love to hear from anyone else from this haplogroup.

CatBird
07-22-2012, 11:42 AM
My Mtdna is H1B

Atlantic Islander
08-03-2012, 10:45 PM
H1

StonyArabia
08-03-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm from J group.

Nice, me to:)

Su
08-03-2012, 10:48 PM
I am H29 and I am sure nobody in this forum nor in ABF and nor in AS has got H29, it's just freaking rare!

Mechanolater
08-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Mother truckin' C. Matches were just about split between Europe (Spain, Germany, and Sweden) and the Americas (Caribbean, Brazil, and the U.S.). There was a Sephardic wildcard in there, too. Someone needs to track down and invite one o' those Icelandic C carriers so I'm not the only long-headed C. Or, maybe... Hey, Turks... Y'know, C's Asian... How 'bout lettin' me roll with you all?

StonyArabia
08-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Mother truckin' C. Matches were just about split between Europe (Spain, Germany, and Sweden) and the Americas (Caribbean, Brazil, and the U.S.). There was a Sephardic wildcard in there, too. Someone needs to track down and invite one o' those Icelandic C carriers so I'm not the only long-headed C. Or, maybe... Hey, Turks... Y'know, C's Asian... How 'bout lettin' me roll with you all?

You might have Turkic ancestry or Amerindian probably the latter. C is quite common in the Americas.

Mechanolater
08-03-2012, 11:02 PM
You might have Turkic ancestry or Amerindian probably the latter. C is quite common in the Americas.

Possible. Don't know how them Amerinds got to Sweden, though. lol

*Edit*
Besides C having been found in some Icelandic folk, I found this while browsin'.

http://racehist.blogspot.com/2011/09/haplogroup-c-mtdna-in-caucasoids-does.html

I'm lookin', man. I'm lookin'.

Damiăo de Góis
08-03-2012, 11:20 PM
C is clearly an American or Asian haplogroup, according to 23andme:

http://oi45.tinypic.com/dvpkl4.jpg

Azalea
08-03-2012, 11:21 PM

Welcome to the mtDNA C club!

Mechanolater
08-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the mtDNA C club!

Jumpin' for joy.

Azalea
08-03-2012, 11:25 PM
You should. Its a big honour to carry this haplogroup. ;)

Pallantides
08-07-2012, 11:11 AM

*Edit*
Besides C having been found in some Icelandic folk, I found this while browsin'.

Yes mtDNA haplogroup C is found among Icelanders at a low frequency(it's believed it might come from an Amerindian women that came with the Vikings back from the New World) so it's possible it could have ended up in Sweden as well.

Kazimiera
10-04-2012, 05:45 PM
I1b here!

esker1970
10-23-2012, 06:27 AM
I am V* from Northern Portugal :)

Didriksson
11-05-2012, 11:55 AM
T2b.

Jackson
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Mine is U5a1b4 - Earliest known ancestors along this line i believe are from 17th century Kent, England.

My father's mt-dna is J1c8 - That line comes from Cheshire, or possibly Lancashire before that.

Shtrun
11-07-2012, 08:29 AM
H16

brandyriddle
11-07-2012, 09:38 AM
I am a H8 .H8's home-turf covers the region from eastern Turkey, around the Black and Caspian Seas, southern Russia, northern Iran/Iraq, reaching to the western parts of Afghanistan, and back to Lebanon and Israel. Most of the research of our haplogroup has been in the Caucasus region.

Lonedweller
11-23-2012, 07:51 AM
J1c4

Geni
12-04-2012, 10:39 AM
J1c(not complete)

Desz
12-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't know... but, want to find out. Very interesting.

Jackson
12-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Some J1c's coming out of the woodwork here. My father is J1c8. It has a strange distribution, a load around the south Baltic and some others in Britain.

Barreldriver
12-15-2012, 12:19 AM
My mtDNA had been updated at FTDNA as H3ap, not sure what the addition of "ap" means. :p

Artek
12-15-2012, 08:26 AM
My mtDNA had been updated at FTDNA as H3ap, not sure what the addition of "ap" means. :p
It's simply a subclade, next to yours should be in alphabetical order - H3aq, H3ar, H3as, etc.

Barreldriver
12-17-2012, 12:41 PM
It's simply a subclade, next to yours should be in alphabetical order - H3aq, H3ar, H3as, etc.

Ah, so they changed up mtDNA nomenclature quite a bit since I had last checked, hadn't known they further divided H3 recently.

Artek
12-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Ah, so they changed up mtDNA nomenclature quite a bit since I had last checked, hadn't known they further divided H3 recently.
Probably they start to appreciate informative values of mtDNA (not so high as Y-DNA but still acceptable)

Jackson
01-06-2013, 01:33 AM
Paternal Grandfather is H1b. Found out a couple of weeks back but forgot to post.

Jackson
01-06-2013, 01:52 AM
More specifically my Grandfather is H1b4, and my Grandmother and father J1c8a.

Caismeachd
01-06-2013, 06:17 AM
U5. I am cromagnid übermensch.

Maleficent
01-08-2013, 11:53 PM
I just got my 23andme results back on January 4th of this year. My mtDNA is U2e1a, which is a subclade of U2e, which in turn is also a subgroup of U2, which is of course a sub of U. U2e1a is very rare. I was hoping to be a rare haplogroup, since it seemed really cool, but at the same time, it's kind of a mystery. There is less information out there about rare haplogroups, after all. Anyway, my mother's mother's mother has a German maiden name, so the best I can think of is that my mtDNA comes from my German blood. 23andme said that I am South/Central Asian descent along my maternal line, but I know that U2e is specifically a European subclade, and that some of Europe's earliest inhabitants belonged to U2.

Atlantic Islander
01-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Can't get much more boring than H1.

Jackson
01-09-2013, 01:59 PM

Have you used James Lick's mthap tool?

http://dna.jameslick.com/mthap/

orangepulp
01-14-2013, 02:45 PM

Oh yes it can, I'm just plain H with no subclade.

Atlantic Islander
01-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Have you used James Lick's mthap tool?

http://dna.jameslick.com/mthap/

Yeah, still plain H1:

Best mtDNA Haplogroup Matches:

1) H1

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1:
HVR2: 263G
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1 (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ (16519C)

Perfect Match! Your results are an exact match to this haplogroup.
Matches(7): 263G 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 15326G
Extras(0): (16519C)

2) H1w

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1w:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 8966C 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1w (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 8966C ⇨ H1w ⇨ (16519C)

Imperfect Match. Your results contained differences with this haplogroup:
Untested(1): 8966

2) H1bw

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1bw:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8478T 8860G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1bw (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 8478T ⇨ H1bw ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 8478

2) H1s

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1s:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8572A 8860G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1s (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 8572A ⇨ H1s ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 8572

2) H1(T16189C)

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1(T16189C):
HVR1: 16189C

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1(T16189C) (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 16189C ⇨ H1(T16189C) ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 16189

2) H1ae

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1ae:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 15326G 15553A
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1ae (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 15553A ⇨ H1ae ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 15553

2) H1ai

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1ai:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 15088T 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1ai (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 15088T ⇨ H1ai ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 15088

2) H1bv

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1bv:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 12681C 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1bv (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 12681C ⇨ H1bv ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 12681

2) H1p

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1p:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 13470G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1p (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 13470G ⇨ H1p ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 13470

2) H1bj

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1bj:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 10295G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1bj (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 10295G ⇨ H1bj ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 10295

2) H1t

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1t:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 9986A 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1t (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 9986A ⇨ H1t ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 9986

2) H1bp

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1bp:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 10003C 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1bp (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 10003C ⇨ H1bp ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 10003

2) H1ag

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1ag:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 14869A 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1ag (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 14869A ⇨ H1ag ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 14869

2) H1(C16239T)

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1(C16239T):
HVR1: 16239T

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1(C16239T) (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 16239T ⇨ H1(C16239T) ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 16239

2) H1q

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1q:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 4859C 8860G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1q (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 4859C ⇨ H1q ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 4859

2) H1by

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1by:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 9921A 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1by (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 9921A ⇨ H1by ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 9921

2) H1j

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1j:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4733C 4769G 8860G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1j (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 4733C ⇨ H1j ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 4733

2) H1bq

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1bq:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 14467G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1bq (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 14467G ⇨ H1bq ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 14467

2) H1(T152C)

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1(T152C):
HVR2: 152C 263G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1(T152C) (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 152C ⇨ H1(T152C) ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 152

2) H1r

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1r:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 9356T 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1r (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 9356T ⇨ H1r ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 9356

2) H1u

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1u:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 9923T 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1u (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 9923T ⇨ H1u ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 9923

2) H1h

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1h:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 7013A 8860G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1h (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 7013A ⇨ H1h ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 7013

2) H1v

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1v:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 10314T 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1v (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 10314T ⇨ H1v ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 10314

2) H1aq

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1aq:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 13386C 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1aq (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 13386C ⇨ H1aq ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(1): 13386

3) H1ae1

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1ae1:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8470G 8860G 15326G 15553A
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1ae1 (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 15553A ⇨ H1ae ⇨ 8470G ⇨ H1ae1 ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(2): 8470 15553

3) H1aa

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1aa:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4131G 4769G 8860G 15326G

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1aa (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 16189C ⇨ H1(T16189C) ⇨ 4131G ⇨ H1aa ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(2): 4131 16189

3) H1ag1

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1ag1:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 6272G 8860G 14869A 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1ag1 (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 14869A ⇨ H1ag ⇨ 6272G ⇨ H1ag1 ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(2): 6272 14869

3) H1i

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1i:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 6237A 8860G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1i (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 152C ⇨ H1(T152C) ⇨ 6237A ⇨ H1i ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(2): 152 6237

3) H1t1

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1t1:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 9986A 14129T 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1t1 (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 9986A ⇨ H1t ⇨ 14129T ⇨ H1t1 ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(2): 9986 14129

3) H1bb

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1bb:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 11864C 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1bb (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 152C ⇨ H1(T152C) ⇨ 11864C ⇨ H1bb ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(2): 152 11864

3) H1v1

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1v1:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4313C 4769G 8860G 10314T 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1v1 (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 10314T ⇨ H1v ⇨ 4313C ⇨ H1v1 ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(2): 4313 10314

3) H1j3

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1j3:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4733C 4769G 5249C 8860G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1j3 (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 4733C ⇨ H1j ⇨ 5249C ⇨ H1j3 ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(2): 4733 5249

3) H1ai1

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1ai1:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 6722A 8860G 15088T 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1ai1 (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 15088T ⇨ H1ai ⇨ 6722A ⇨ H1ai1 ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(2): 6722 15088

3) H1ad

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1ad:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 3504C 4769G 8860G 15326G

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1ad (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 16189C ⇨ H1(T16189C) ⇨ 3504C ⇨ H1ad ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(2): 3504 16189

3) H1ah

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1ah:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4769G 8860G 8950A 12507G 15326G
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1ah (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 8950A 12507G ⇨ H1ah ⇨ (16519C)

Untested(2): 8950 12507

3) H1j1

Defining Markers for haplogroup H1j1:
CR: 750G 1438G 3010A 4733C 4769G 8860G 15326G
HVR1: 16129A

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H1j1 (plus extra markers):
H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 3010A ⇨ H1 ⇨ 4733C ⇨ H1j ⇨ 16129A ⇨ H1j1 ⇨ (16519C)

No-Calls(1): 16129A
Untested(1): 4733

alfieb
01-28-2013, 09:39 AM
Best mtDNA Haplogroup Matches:

1) H2a2a1

Defining Markers for haplogroup H2a2a1:
HVR2:
CR:
HVR1:

Marker path from rCRS to haplogroup H2a2a1:
H2a2a1(rCRS)

Perfect Match! Your results are an exact match to this haplogroup.

H2a2a1. A very Northern European haplogroup. My Sicilian-speaking, short, swarthy grandmother from a rural mountain community was quite perplexed when I told her about this two years ago. :lol:

Partizan
02-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Boring H.

Otto Prohaska
02-16-2013, 04:12 PM
H2a2a1.

Same here.

Weirdly, so is my dad: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?71217-Anybody-else-s-parents-have-the-same-mtDNA-haplogroup

Jackson
02-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Same here.

Weirdly, so is my dad: http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?71217-Anybody-else-s-parents-have-the-same-mtDNA-haplogroup

Funny coincidence lol. Wonder how common that is, probably not very.

Gaita
02-17-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm J1c2c, same as King Richard III.

Mazik
02-17-2013, 11:23 AM
My mtDna is V and my maternal grandfather got T2b.

Jackson
02-17-2013, 11:29 AM
My mtDna is V and my maternal grandfather got T2b.

T2b or not T2b? That is the question.

(Credits go to Jonny from ABF xD)

Nihtgenga
02-17-2013, 01:09 PM
U5a2

evon
02-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Ancient European U5b1b1-T16192C! :D Found from North Africa to Northern Scandinavia..Also i have done a FGS, not just 23andme, so my results is 100% secure.....

Nihtgenga
02-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Ancient European U5b1b1-T16192C! :D Found from North Africa to Northern Scandinavia..Also i have done a FGS, not just 23andme, so my results is 100% secure.....

What is FGS? I am looking to get more test done but I am not sure which are the best to take.

evon
02-17-2013, 01:44 PM
What is FGS? I am looking to get more test done but I am not sure which are the best to take.

FGS = Full genome sequence, its the most comprehensive mtDNA test on the marked.

http://www.familytreedna.com/faq-mtdna.aspx#34

Taking the mitochondrial full genomic sequence, FGS, test will:

- Be the only or final mtDNA test that you will ever need to take.
- Improve the quality of your matches for geographic and ethnic origins.
- Provide the highest level of confidence in a match for genealogical research.
- Allow your assignment to a subclade within your haplogroup.
- Help science advance knowledge of mutation rates for mitochondrial DNA and discover new branches of your haplogroup.

Nihtgenga
02-17-2013, 01:50 PM
FGS = Full genome sequence, its the most comprehensive mtDNA test on the marked.

http://www.familytreedna.com/faq-mtdna.aspx#34

There seems to be a surname project I could use for a discount too. :)

Actually that is probably for yDNA.

Evon, is the Y-DNA37+mtFullSequence the best option?

evon
02-17-2013, 01:56 PM
There seems to be a surname project I could use for a discount too. :)

if you do a FGS, please add your data to Genebank (http://www.genealogywise.com/group/haplogrouph/forum/topics/why-we-need-to-get-our-dna?xg_source=activity), its what scientists often use, its also what i and countless others use via Ian logan (http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_by_group/haplogroup_select.htm) and genebank (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/Blast.cgi?CMD=Web&PAGETYPE=BLASTHome) directly when looking into mtDNA linages, its where i have found my closest mtDNA matches outside of FTDNA's database and the FGS project i am part of..

Otto Prohaska
02-17-2013, 02:09 PM

I'm waiting for mine now. It's a week past the original due date, and they've given me another due date almost a month away. Others in my batch have already received their results, though, so hopefully it'll be done soon.

Otto Prohaska
02-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Funny coincidence lol. Wonder how common that is, probably not very.

I'd think not, especially with a haplogroup that seems fairly rare and parents of very different ancestries.

Nihtgenga
02-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Actually I see there is a Y-DNA67+mtDNAPlus test on there. Is that the best one to get overall? Or is Y-DNA37+mtFullSequence better?

evon
02-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Actually I see there is a Y-DNA67+mtDNAPlus test on there. Is that the best one to get overall? Or is Y-DNA37+mtFullSequence better?

it depends, STR markers are mostly used in determining recent shared ancestry, such as according to surnames, so if that is what you are after i would get a 67, if you are more into deep ancestry i would get the FGS and 37 STR.. if you have little money i would get a 23andme test first to see what results you get, if you belong to a distinct mtDNA linage or YDNA linage it might be worth investing in one of the above mentioned tests..

Otto Prohaska
02-17-2013, 02:46 PM

Your case may be different, but I'm glad I only tested my Y to 37 markers initially. I have zero 37 marker matches, so testing STRs beyond that would be kind of pointless for me right now. But at 37 markers, the R1a1a project administrator was able to place me into a specific cluster and recommend a couple of individual SNPs I could test (at $29 each) to narrow down my Y subclade as much as possible.

Nihtgenga
02-17-2013, 03:05 PM
it depends, STR markers are mostly used in determining recent shared ancestry, such as according to surnames, so if that is what you are after i would get a 67, if you are more into deep ancestry i would get the FGS and 37 STR.. if you have little money i would get a 23andme test first to see what results you get, if you belong to a distinct mtDNA linage or YDNA linage it might be worth investing in one of the above mentioned tests..

I already have a 23andMe test. I'm not really interested in recent shared ancestry. Looking at the surname project I have a different y-group than everyone on it. They seem to be all R1b while I am I2a1b1. I am not positive which branch but Ken Nordvedt told me almost certainly Disles based on my ancestry. It would be nice to know for sure though. If it is not Disles then it is Dinaric(I hope not lol). If it is Disles it is really rare it seems and I'm not sure how much it helps me anyhow. It would just confirm what I already know, that my ancestry is from the British Isles. Over 90% according to Dr. McD with the rest coming from Germany. I do have a little chunk of East Euro that would be nice to know about but it could very well be just via Germany. So anyhow I think the FGS + 37 option sounds good to me. That test would confirm whether or not I am Disles with certainty?

Otto Prohaska
02-17-2013, 03:18 PM
I would email the I2a project administrator and ask if 37 markers is enough for accurate subclade placement within I2a.

Carlito's Way
03-31-2013, 08:16 AM
H7a but i havent found any information on that mtdna :(

The Lively Rock
04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Haplogroup X2 here

Kazimiera
04-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Hahaha! I've got the same haplogroup as Cynewald! :rotfl:

evon
04-21-2013, 09:32 AM
H7a but i havent found any information on that mtdna :(

http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_by_group/h7_genbank_sequences.htm

Black Wolf
04-22-2013, 10:37 PM
U5b2c2 here. A proud maternal line descendent of the Cro-Magnons of Upper Paleolithic and Mesolithic Europe! :)

Mani
05-17-2013, 06:56 PM
My mtDNA is U5b1b1a.

Norrbottning
06-02-2013, 01:12 AM
My mtDna is Z1a :)

Carlito's Way
06-06-2013, 09:31 PM
http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/sequences_by_group/h7_genbank_sequences.htm

thanks

Hevo
06-19-2013, 03:19 PM
--

Atlantic Islander
06-19-2013, 08:53 PM
H and it's subgroups ftw.

MfA_
06-19-2013, 09:00 PM
H and it's subgroups ftw.

J is a subgroup of H :p

H2a2a1(rCRS) ⇨ 263G ⇨ H2a2a ⇨ 8860G 15326G ⇨ H2a2 ⇨ 750G ⇨ H2a ⇨ 4769G ⇨ H2 ⇨ 1438G ⇨ H ⇨ 2706G 7028T ⇨ HV ⇨ 14766T ⇨ R0 ⇨ 73G 11719A ⇨ R ⇨ 4216C ⇨ R2'JT ⇨ 11251G 15452A 16126C ⇨ JT ⇨ 295T 489C 10398G 12612G 13708A 16069T ⇨ J ⇨ 462T 3010A ⇨ J1 ⇨ 8269A 16145A (16222T) 16261T ⇨ J1b ⇨ 8460G 16235G ⇨ J1b3 ⇨ 15530C ⇨ J1b3b

Philo
06-20-2013, 07:55 AM
K1a1b1a, found on Otzi.

Kazimiera
06-20-2013, 01:10 PM
K1a1b1a, found on Otzi.

Now we know for certain he was Jewish! :D

Philo
06-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Now we know for certain he was Jewish! :D

:D
He was the main rabbi around the Alps!

Graham
06-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Otzi, cousin of my distant family. Good man, so they said. Creator of Muesli, also a Jew apparently.. Jew Muesli.

Absolucid
07-07-2013, 03:47 PM
According to 23andme, I belong to haplogroup T2f1.

Unable to find much useful information on this haplogroup. I'd very much appreciate anyone able to comment or enlighten me with something on this seemingly rare mtDNA clade.

Thank you,

Sean

MfA_
07-07-2013, 05:54 PM
According to 23andme, I belong to haplogroup T2f1.

Unable to find much useful information on this haplogroup. I'd very much appreciate anyone able to comment or enlighten me with something on this seemingly rare mtDNA clade.

Thank you,

Sean

Hi, your mtdna seems Eastern European according to this study(page17)
http://download.cell.com/AJHG/mmcs/journals/0002-9297/PIIS0002929712002042.mmc1.pdf

Mikula
07-08-2013, 08:42 AM
V - as Velda. Quiet rare, here

safinator
07-18-2013, 11:11 AM
K2a, apparently not very common.

Maleficent
08-16-2013, 07:30 PM
My paternal grandmother's mtdna is H13a2. H13a2 is a subclade of H13 and H13 peaks in Dagestan.

Thrax
08-21-2013, 03:22 PM
U5a1b. Pretty rare in Greece I think.

SSlava
08-27-2013, 09:49 AM
T2

Hvr1 differences from rsrs

t16126c
a16129g
t16187c
c16189t
t16223c
g16230a
t16278c
c16294t
c16296t
t16304c
c16311t

hvr2 differences from rsrs

c146t
c152t
c195t
a247g
309.1c
309.2c
315.1c
522.1a
522.2c

MfA_
08-27-2013, 09:57 AM
J1b3b
A73G, A263G, C295T, T489C, A750G, A1438G, A2706G, G3010A, T4216C, A4769G, C7028T, G8269A, A8460G, A8860G, A10398G, A11251G, G11719A, A12612G, G13708A, C14766T, A15326G, C15452A, T15530C, C16069T, T16126C, G16145A, C16222T, A16235G, C16261T

http://abload.de/img/desktop_2013_08_27_1207ug7.png

Equilibrium
08-27-2013, 10:11 AM
J1b3b
A73G, A263G, C295T, T489C, A750G, A1438G, A2706G, G3010A, T4216C, A4769G, C7028T, G8269A, A8460G, A8860G, A10398G, A11251G, G11719A, A12612G, G13708A, C14766T, A15326G, C15452A, T15530C, C16069T, T16126C, G16145A, C16222T, A16235G, C16261T

http://abload.de/img/desktop_2013_08_27_1207ug7.png

Did you took a mtDNA test from FtDNA?

Vojnik
08-27-2013, 10:20 AM
U4c1.

MfA_
08-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Did you took a mtDNA test from FtDNA?

nope, 23andMe pride..

Equilibrium
08-27-2013, 11:50 AM
nope, 23andMe pride..

Can you link me to that tool you used? :p

Thor2009
09-01-2013, 08:15 AM
K2b1a here; I don't know of many others in this subclade.

Artek
09-09-2013, 05:38 PM
K2b1a here; I don't know of many others in this subclade.
K is a brother of mtDNA U, we should both get rid of those damn neolithic invaders! (H,J,T,N)

Armatus
09-18-2013, 07:43 PM
U4a1b2 here, absolutely no info on the internet about that subclade.

Insuperable
09-18-2013, 07:50 PM
K is a brother of mtDNA U, we should both get rid of those damn neolithic invaders! (H,J,T,N)

I read that T2 might be present during Upper Paleolithic. HV is paleolithic and some Cromagnons were checked for N haplogroup

Artek
09-18-2013, 08:09 PM
I read that T2 might be present during Upper Paleolithic. HV is paleolithic and some Cromagnons were checked for N haplogroup
I know, just kidding. H was also present in Paleolithic samples in Iberia, thus absent in Germany.

I don't have much info as well about mine, which is U4a1b.

Jackson
09-18-2013, 11:27 PM

Good to have another I & U combination on the forum. Btw what is your y-dna also known as, is it one of the northern groupings of I2?

Armatus
09-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Good to have another I & U combination on the forum. Btw what is your y-dna also known as, is it one of the northern groupings of I2?

http://i.imgur.com/fItbWFY.jpg

It's actually not even listed on the ISOGG site, but it's downstream of I2a1a-M26 (Origin: CEU probably Germany). Seems like it's a Central-Nortwestern Subclade (L1299&PF5084 are private). Pretty small group considering the huge Southwest European CTS11338 Group and the (wrong) association of M26 with Sardinia (which was clearly a founder effect there). Not a very common haplogroup in germany but probably one of the oldest hgs in germany at all.

Tropico
09-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Lol I participated in the YDNA since it was E-V13 but my mtDNA isnt European. lol Nor Caucasian.

noricum
09-19-2013, 04:36 PM
H5-T16311C!

Black Wolf
09-19-2013, 11:07 PM

I doubt T2 is Upper Paleolithic. So far no mtDNA haplogroup T remains have been found in pre-Neolithic European remains. It is much more likely that most of if not all T came to Europe during and after the Neolithic.

Black Wolf
09-19-2013, 11:16 PM

K is also most likely Neolithic.

Insuperable
09-19-2013, 11:23 PM
I doubt T2 is Upper Paleolithic. So far no mtDNA haplogroup T remains have been found in pre-Neolithic European remains. It is much more likely that most of if not all T came to Europe during and after the Neolithic.

It is just said that it might be present during UP, nobody said anything for sure. Probably since it has high prevalence in Baltic and other northern European countries.

Kazimiera
09-19-2013, 11:46 PM
What would mtdna I be? Paleolithic or Neolithic?

Black Wolf
09-20-2013, 12:19 AM
It is just said that it might be present during UP, nobody said anything for sure. Probably since it has high prevalence in Baltic and other northern Europeans countries.

Unlikely but I may be proven wrong some day.

Insuperable
09-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Unlikely but I may be proven wrong some day.

On what basis do you say "unlikely"? Because so far no remains were positive for T2?

Black Wolf
09-20-2013, 12:28 AM
On what basis do you say "unlikely"? Because so far no remains were positive for T2?

Yes and quite a few have been tested from Upper Paleolithic and Mesolithic Europe so far. But like I said I could be wrong as there are still many more to test.

Artek
09-20-2013, 11:20 AM
That T2 found in the classic example of Cro-Magnon (this one: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/cromag1.jpg) was confirmed as a contamination.

K is also most likely Neolithic.
Rather so, along with many H, T2, J etc. At least from what we know for today.

On the other hand we have remains from Mesolithic site at Uznyi Oleni Ostrov and 1 of 5 samples was H, 3 of 5 were U and the remaining one was C. We have also one T2b from so called Pitted Ware while rest was mostly U4 and one T* from Bolshoy Oleni Ostrov.

Still, U dominates almost everywhere. We need more samples anyway.

SkyBurn
09-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Haplogroup H1

http://thecampblogbymike.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/hg-h-1-and-2.jpg

Same as Atlantic Islander :D

Equilibrium
09-20-2013, 11:36 AM
HV4

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6514/xfq4.png
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0032851

Black Wolf
09-20-2013, 04:37 PM
That T2 found in the classic example of Cro-Magnon (this one: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/cromag1.jpg) was confirmed as a contamination.

Rather so, along with many H, T2, J etc. At least from what we know for today.

On the other hand we have remains from Mesolithic site at Uznyi Oleni Ostrov and 1 of 5 samples was H, 3 of 5 were U and the remaining one was C. We have also one T2b from so called Pitted Ware while rest was mostly U4 and one T* from Bolshoy Oleni Ostrov.

Still, U dominates almost everywhere. We need more samples anyway.

Yes that is correct the so called ''Cro-Magnon 1'' T2 result was confirmed to actually have been much younger than was thought. I believe their sample came forma finger bone that was dated to only the Middle Ages. So no T2 there for sure.

The T2 sample from the PWC (Pitted Ware Culture) most likely came from admixture with TRB Neolithic farmers in Sweden as well as the later T sample found at Bolshoy probably came from admixture with farmers. I have been in contact with a few people who are well respected withing the genetic genealogy community and they even think it may be possible that the older H and J samples from Oleni Ostrov may have come from older contacts with Neolithic farmers further south. I find this a little harder to believe though.

Yes we do need more samples indeed.

Black Wolf
09-20-2013, 07:47 PM
It will be interesting to see the mtDNA results of larger numbers of Upper Paleolithic and Mesolithic Iberian and Italian remains once they have been properly tested. I have a feeling that a good amount of H will show up among Iberian remains. When it comes to Italy I believe so far there has only been one really reliable sample from Upper Paleolithic Italy tested and it is U5b2b1 from remains in Continenza. The Paglicci samples are rather uncertain I am afraid.

Libertas
09-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Is mtdna U connected to prehistoric hunter/gatherers in Europe?

Gaston
09-22-2013, 02:00 PM
I expected an H but more H1 or H3 and I end up with H7.

Only some mtdna U clades and subclades. There were other non-U mtdna too.

Jackson
09-22-2013, 09:53 PM

Well about 80% of lineages in Europe from the period that have been found in aDNA are U5 & U4 if i remember correctly.

Kazimiera
09-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Nobody ever talks about mtdna I. :cry

Artek
09-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Nobody ever talks about mtdna I. :cry
mtdna I was found in Irong Age "Denmark" :patpat:

Black Wolf
09-25-2013, 12:04 AM

The U2, U4 and U5 subclades of U certainly are.

Kazimiera
09-25-2013, 12:11 AM
mtdna I was found in Irong Age "Denmark" :patpat:

An 8 word answer. Not even a paragraph! :fhmm:

And no lengthy discussion either. I see now how important (or not) we are in the bigger scheme of things. :tsk:

Black Wolf
09-25-2013, 12:12 AM
An 8 word answer. Not even a paragraph! :fhmm:

And no lengthy discussion either. I see now how important (or not) we are in the bigger scheme of things. :tsk:

Well to be honest I think it is simply because there has not been much research done on your haplogroup. Also not much has been found in any ancient remains yet.

Kazimiera
09-25-2013, 12:15 AM
Well to be honest I think it is simply because there has not been much research done on your haplogroup. Also not much has been found in any ancient remains yet.

Precisely! We aren't important. And there aren't enough of us for anyone else to care! :cry

Black Wolf
09-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Precisely! We aren't important. And there aren't enough of us for anyone else to care! :cry

Cheer up buttercup lol!

Kazimiera
09-25-2013, 12:42 AM
Cheer up buttercup lol!

:puppy_dp:

Black Wolf
09-25-2013, 01:11 AM
:puppy_dp:

In time Ms. Ink in time.

Wulf Talented
12-17-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm W1, W1g specifically.

Jizo
01-09-2014, 05:09 PM
My mtDNA is H, the biggest line in Europe. I still do not know if I am in any particular subgroup. I have way to much matches, from the whole of Europe plus Turkey(mostly Greeks and Armenians, also some Turks) and a lot of Polish and Russian Jews. Soon I will upgrade to Mega test and I would have done everything I could possible do with me myDNA and a lot of my matches, would be gone and only the really close one's will stay. My mtDNA group H is 41.9% in a sample of over 850 tested Bulgarians, spread evenly through out the whole country :)

Azalea
01-09-2014, 09:07 PM
mtDNA H is a super Western Euroasian haplogroup. It's also very, very common in the Middle East.

Romo
01-09-2014, 11:45 PM
Im h15a

Caismeachd
01-09-2014, 11:51 PM
U5b2a

We survived this long. You are all of our mutated bitches.

Romo
01-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Cu cu

Nehellenia
01-12-2014, 06:24 AM
Mine is U8b and i was genetically linked to Italians, which is interesting because my mtDNA line is supposed to be Scottish :P

kurtbitter
01-13-2014, 07:20 AM
I just learned i'm W mtdna and i don't know further information about it.I just knew my maternal side from south slavic countries.