PDA

View Full Version : Romania's demographic crisis

poiuytrewq0987
08-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Romania’s population has shrunk by more than 2.6 million since 2001, to some 19.04 million people, according to official data announced by National Statistics Institute, INS.

“After counting around 50 per cent of census data, we are able now to deliver the first official data,” Virgil Voineagu, INS president, said on Monday. “The final results will be announced next year.”

One reason why the total figure has shrunk is because anyone who stays out of the country for more than 12 months is not counted as being part of the population.

More than 900,000 people were reported as having left the country for a longer period of time, while over 600,000 Romanians were reported as temporarily absent.

Many Romanians have left to work abroad in recent years. The ageing of the population, and a rise in the number of families without children are other demographic trends revealed by the survey.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/romania-s-population-in-sharp-decline-census-reveals

sevruk
08-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Romania’s population has shrunk by more than 2.6 million since 2001, to some 19.04 million people, according to official data announced by National Statistics Institute, INS.

“After counting around 50 per cent of census data, we are able now to deliver the first official data,” Virgil Voineagu, INS president, said on Monday. “The final results will be announced next year.”

One reason why the total figure has shrunk is because anyone who stays out of the country for more than 12 months is not counted as being part of the population.

More than 900,000 people were reported as having left the country for a longer period of time, while over 600,000 Romanians were reported as temporarily absent.

Many Romanians have left to work abroad in recent years. The ageing of the population, and a rise in the number of families without children are other demographic trends revealed by the survey.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/romania-s-population-in-sharp-decline-census-reveals

Welcome in EU!

Adrian
08-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Welcome in EU!

What's your point?

You don't have any reason to feel comfortable, in terms of demography.

Russia's Demographic Crisis

Decreases in Fertility Rate: Russia’s fertility rate first plateaued in the turn of the 20th century with about 6.5-7.0 births per woman, which decreased to 1.85-1.90 births per woman by the 1960-1970s, explained Zakharov. Since then, the birth rate has dropped to about 1.6 births per woman.

No Significant Changes in the Future: Public opinion surveys about the desired and expected number of children support the forecast that Russia’s fertility rate will remain somewhere between 1.5-1.7 births per woman for the foreseeable future, in spite of monetary incentives to have more children, Zakharov added.

Immigration Rate: Around 500,000 net migrants per year are needed to replace losses in Russian population, stated Zakharov. The number of migrant workers in the country is increasing rapidly, with more than two million registered labor migrants in 2010 and as many as six to seven million total labor migrants in Russia, according to the Independent Center of Migration Studies. In 2005, migrant workers constituted 1 percent of the total number of people employed; in 2010, they were 10 percent.

Source (http://carnegieendowment.org/2012/01/26/russia-s-demographic-crisis/9aml)

Incal
08-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Since most of the Romanians who left are gypsies wouldn't that be good news actually? In any case, if Romania ever needs my services, I'd be glad to help.

dralos
08-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Since most of the Romanians who left are gypsies wouldn't that be good news actually? In any case, if Romania ever needs my services, I'd be glad to help.
whats the point of that,if you help them,you raise number of noneuros in romania again so that makes the benefit that gypsies are gonna useless:D

Incal
08-27-2012, 06:24 PM
whats the point of that,if you help them,you raise number of noneuros in romania again so that makes the benefit that gypsies are gonna useless:D

Like if I cared lol.

Sabinae
08-27-2012, 06:45 PM
I know a lot of people who have left for working abroad...and they are good people, and not of gypsy ancestry. Quite a bunch of them are general practicioners, radiologists, orthopedists, dentists, engineers, chemists, physicians. Many of them might never return...

Pobre Diablo
08-28-2012, 03:13 PM
We should import a couple million africans, maybe that way we'd get a national football team that doesnt suck ass :mad:

morski
08-28-2012, 03:16 PM
We should import a couple million africans, maybe that way we'd get a national football team that doesnt suck ass :mad:

Do I smell a troll?

Pobre Diablo
08-28-2012, 03:18 PM
I know a lot of people who have left for working abroad...and they are good people, and not of gypsy ancestry. Quite a bunch of them are general practicioners, radiologists, orthopedists, dentists, engineers, chemists, physicians. Many of them might never return...

And the types you listed are overwhelmed by the sheer number of romanians (not gypsyes) who work as maids, farm or construction workers, lawn mowers and what have you, we're basically the mexicans of europe and since our glorious capitalist education system is in such a terrible state, unfortunately we'll continue on being just a source of cheap slave labor.

Pobre Diablo
08-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Do I smell a troll?

I don't know, when's the last time you took a bath? :D

morski
08-28-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't know, when's the last time you took a bath? :D

Yep, I think it's troll.:rolleyes:

Mary
08-28-2012, 03:51 PM

Yes, that's exactly what has happened. A lot of the Gypsies in Rumania left for Western Europe. That's what the demographic decline is about.

RussiaPrussia
01-16-2013, 10:39 AM
What's your point?

You don't have any reason to feel comfortable, in terms of demography.

Source (http://carnegieendowment.org/2012/01/26/russia-s-demographic-crisis/9aml)

the central asian immigrants are not counted in the statistics, count them and russia has up to 150 million people which is an increase since the collapse over what russia used to have. The report doesnt mention that and let it looks like russias population (143 million) increases only by immigration.

It also doesnt mention that russians have a higher birth rate than americans and now have natural population growth and just pick fertility rate.

RussiaPrussia
01-16-2013, 10:41 AM
this is what eastern europe gets from open borders like people in east germany said

der letzte macht das Licht aus

Pro_Patria
01-27-2013, 01:07 AM
I despise gypsies.

Guapo
01-27-2013, 01:12 AM
Gypsies despise me.

Daos
01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Crisis? There is no crisis. The less we are the better. Unemployment is high enough.

Our politicians know what they are doing. A higher unemployment rate leads to lower inflation and also forces people to look for (better paid) jobs abroad. Most people don't sever their ties with their families so they send money back home. It's a win-win situation for our politicians, as long as we remain obedient servants and don't riot.

The corrupt prosper, the poor leave and the poorest (gypsies) multiply; we have a bright future ahead...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TAZtN0hZXok/Thbut8sC4sI/AAAAAAAAIBs/ld04D3g9hZk/s1600/children_of_third_world_12.jpg