PDA

View Full Version : Hair colour and dating?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Foxy
05-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Ok it's a very stupid question, but it's just to chill. Please don't troll. Thank you.

(To view full poll, click on the numbers)

Aces High
05-25-2011, 10:56 AM
My wife has jet black hair and dark brown eyes and olive skin.....i wont say where she's from...but we had spaghetti for lunch....so theres a clue..;)

Foxy
05-25-2011, 10:57 AM
My wife has jet black hair and dark brown eyes and olive skin.....i wont say where she's from...but we had spaghetti for lunch....so theres a clue..;)

Southern Italy! It the north they eat rice, in the centre mostly short pasta :D BTW can you vote?

Aces High
05-25-2011, 11:01 AM
She's half Roman/half Sardinian.

Do you mean can i vote in Italy....im not an Italian citizen although do have residency there so i doubt it.I think you have to be a citizen to vote in Italy although i may be mistaken.

Foxy
05-25-2011, 11:13 AM

Do you mean can i vote in Italy....im not an Italian citizen although do have residency there so i doubt it.I think you have to be a citizen to vote in Italy although i may be mistaken.

-_- No I meant if you can vote in the poll! :rolleyes:;)

Rouxinol
05-25-2011, 11:17 AM
http://fotos.sapo.pt/11l2D6WmsP9SV474OBZm/

Peyrol
05-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Brunettes and redheads.

But, sincerely, i don't decide to date a girl only for hairs or eyes colors.

Querubín
05-25-2011, 11:50 AM
I prefer dark blondes with green eyes who dye their hair black :wink:wink:wink:p:p:p:D:D:D

_______
05-25-2011, 11:55 AM
blonde, brown or black :)

mymy
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I think face features are important more than hair color...
Also, it's individual think how some hair color looks on girl.
About guys the same. But I must admit that I pay too much attention on too much light(totally blond) and too much dark guys at first. I find combination of light and dark elements the most attractive somehow.
And btw, red is just a little better on girls than on guys.

_______
05-25-2011, 11:59 AM
just to clarify, i do like red hair on girls :D

Querubín
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
I think face features are important more than hair color...
Also, it's individual think how some hair color looks on girl.
About guys the same. But I must admit that I pay too much attention on too much light(totally blond) and too much dark guys at first. I find combination of light and dark elements the most attractive somehow.
And btw, red is just a little better on girls than on guys.

For that reason, I prefer my ash blonde to platinum blonde. This is because with my eye color hair blond too would give a sense of clarity. However, my blond, although a clear color creates contrast. I also like the red skin as a way to create contrast. In my case I have very red lips and red cheeks I have them all year round but especially in summer.

Smaland
05-25-2011, 02:40 PM
I tend to prefer redheads, but what matters most is a woman's heart and mind. :)

Comte Arnau
05-25-2011, 02:52 PM
I give little importance to a girl's hair color, as I always suspect it isn't her natural color. In fact, I mostly give importance to the facial triangle, hair being but a frame. I've always thought that you know a girl is really beautiful when she'd still be so without her hair.

Electronic God-Man
05-25-2011, 02:56 PM
I don't even care if they have hair.

Mordid
05-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Hair coloyr is not imporant, really. It's personality that I care.

Bloodeagle
05-25-2011, 03:33 PM
I prefer a dark haired woman and dark hair women usually prefer me. I guess opposites attract, with me. However, I do not find blondes or redheads ugly by any means. :)

bluesky
05-25-2011, 03:44 PM
i prefer women with lightbrown,mediumbrown,darkbrown,and black hair with light eyes

Black Sun Dimension
05-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Brunettes of course.

Boudica
05-25-2011, 05:17 PM
brunette.

Winterwolf
05-25-2011, 05:21 PM
The stereotype of silly blonde girls is just wrong, because most of the time fake blonde women give natural blondes a bad image.

I prefer a dark haired woman and dark hair women usually prefer me. I guess opposites attract, with me. However, I do not find blondes or redheads ugly by any means. :)

Seconded.
As a blond I have a preference for brunette and dark haired women and I also noticed that this interest seems to be mutual quite often.

Of course there are also other things which matter (more), but one of the most obvious things you notice first about a woman is her hair and then her face and body, the way she moves, dresses, talks, etc...

Groenewolf
05-25-2011, 05:23 PM
The poll should be multiple choice.

Wyn
05-25-2011, 05:31 PM
I find dark-haired women to be most attractive, but this could simply be because natural blondes are so rare where I'm from and thus I'm less likely to encounter them.

For me though, hair colour only matters in the context of how it works with other features. For example, black (or dark brown, approaching black) hair coupled with light eyes and relatively pale, rosey skin is very beautiful.

Olavsson
05-25-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm generally more attracted to redheads and blondes, but I also admire many with brown hair.
In fact, the only types it is impossible for me to feel attracted by at all, is non-Europeans. I'm probably to racially aware for that, hehe. :D

Agrippa
05-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Hair color is to me of low importance. It must fit to the rest, so to say.

I don't really like red hair though, but even then, I saw some very attractive redheads, for which this color was ok and wouldn't have been a problem.

But probably, if being pinned down to just one hair color and looking for the hair color alone, I prefer light to medium brown slightly.

http://www.neuebilder.net/wp-content/bilder/2011/04/brasilien-giselle-buendchen.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GR1MXXktGi4/TWxoVvGU-KI/AAAAAAAAKyk/m4KE1ykly60/s400/Petra+Nemcova.jpg

Talvi
05-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Ive liked guys of all hair colours. :D

Though medium to dark brown is quite nice though not as common as blonde and light brown here.

Eurocentric
05-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Brunettes.

Pallantides
05-25-2011, 06:46 PM
I prefer brunettes, though all hair colors are ok in my book.:)

Lars
05-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Blondes turns me on the most. By a huge margin actually. <3

poiuytrewq0987
05-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Personally I've been only attracted to girls who have black hair.

http://picsserv.com/img2/hairstyles/300x400/158-partners%20hair%20and%20beauty.jpg

Dario Argento
05-25-2011, 08:46 PM
I've liked girls with all kinds of hair colors. But I'd say I prefer dark brown/black convined with light eyes.

Agrippa
05-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Funny that most are ok with brown, yet so many girls prefer extreme colors like red, blond and black - even color their hair and being told so by the industry.

In most cases the natural hair color fits a girl the best, unless they have a rather muddy tone of blond, brown or red - sometimes. In these cases, they can just strengthen their natural tendency by using a more clear shade, without changing completely. Complete changes rarely make girls much more attractive for me...

Querubín
05-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Funny that most are ok with brown, yet so many girls prefer extreme colors like red, blond and black - even color their hair and being told so by the industry.

In most cases the natural hair color fits a girl the best, unless they have a rather muddy tone of blond, brown or red - sometimes. In these cases, they can just strengthen their natural tendency by using a more clear shade, without changing completely. Complete changes rarely make girls much more attractive for me...

There is nothing I like less than seeing a woman dyed platinum blonde, but roots and black eyebrows. I find it very shocking. Likewise, I think that nature is wise and if we give a color for something. For example, I am very happy with the pigmentation that has touched me.

poiuytrewq0987
05-25-2011, 09:13 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/Megan_Fox-CSH-034432.jpg

Pallantides
05-25-2011, 09:31 PM
I noticed the Mötley Crüe t-shirt before her face...:D

Winterwolf
05-25-2011, 09:45 PM

I doubt that, because your natural eyes movement performs a "Z" and therefore you will automatically look at the top of a picture first, before you realise the bottom of it.

Only if you scrolled up from the bottom of this page it might be likely.

Pallantides
05-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I doubt that, because your natural eyes movement performs a "Z" and therefore you will automatically look at the top of a picture first, before you realise the bottom of it.

Only if you scrolled up from the bottom of this page it might be likely.

D4aob4zlhIk

Himera
05-25-2011, 11:11 PM

This was so ... female- mean ....:p

yes yes yes .. there is nothing worse than very dark people with light blond dyed colour .... I have very dark eyebrows and I like blonde nuance , but I must be always carefull ...
Yeah that natural "pigment shine" of hair is the best....but my mood is very changable , I'don't have a patient for it ...:)

Bloodeagle
05-25-2011, 11:36 PM
D4aob4zlhIk

One of the worse episodes in American music history, imho. Buttrock should just die. :)

Pallantides
05-25-2011, 11:38 PM
One of the worse episodes in American music history, imho. Buttrock should just die. :)

Yeah, I prefer 70's rock myself, but I do own a couple of Mötley Crüe albums:embarrassed

Bloodeagle
05-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I prefer 70's rock myself, but I do own a couple of Mötley Crüe albums:embarrassed

They remind me of the stoners that would chase my punk friends and I around. The same guys who said: "dude" in every sentence. :D

SaxonCeorl
05-26-2011, 12:08 AM
I voted brunettes, but I also like redheads. I go for blondes sometimes, just not as often; having authentic blonde hair increases her chances.

Barreldriver
05-26-2011, 12:12 AM
I love redheads and strawberry blonds. :p

Ushtari
05-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Brunettes, without any doubt. For example whenever blonde swedish girls dye their hair brown, they look 10 times hotter.

Adalwolf
05-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Brunettes and blonds. As far as facial features go, a medium brown and green eyes would be my ideal girl.

Winterwolf
05-26-2011, 12:21 AM
The poll should be multiple choice.

Not necessarily, but I would have divided brunettes from black haired girls.

The poll outcome would have been more realistic. I still would have chosen brunette, but black haired would be my second choice.

Cato
05-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Brunettes.

Hess
05-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Brunettes and Brown eyed people are racially questionable :no no

Cato
05-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Brunettes and Brown eyed people are racially questionable :no no

According to?

Hess
05-26-2011, 02:18 AM
According to?

Skadi and Stormfront

Oreka Bailoak
05-26-2011, 02:21 AM
I saw a really attractive redhead out jogging today. So I picked red.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be more attracted by another color of hair...

Cato
05-26-2011, 02:32 AM
Skadi and Stormfront

Ah yes, wonderful bastions of intellectual opinions.

Hess
05-26-2011, 02:44 AM
Ah yes, wonderful bastions of intellectual opinions.

Typical Skadi members
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/3069780.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=32F168F2F013CA9AA8DACA5F7041CBF4A55A1E4F32AD3138

Typical Stormfront members
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PrfuJwSJ5v8/R4-oTzBgLqI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/9tJ1vThjkHA/S600/gents.gif

Curtis24
05-26-2011, 02:55 AM
The reality is that, for me, hair color is incidental to the beauty of the woman. I would probably prefer a more beautiful woman of any hair color over a less beautiful one of any other hair color.

That being said, all things being equal, I have had an aversion to blonde hair, and prefer black, red, or brown. Can't really say why...

Jack B
05-26-2011, 03:27 AM
I, and my whole family except for my grandmother and female cousin (who are both redheads) have dark hair, but I do find myself really attracted to nice looking redheads like these Irish girls:

http://www.d1120645.cp.blacknight.com/frontlineactors.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/LisaByrne-Large.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3015/2984091156_af95c2c32d.jpg

I remember being obsessed with a very cute redhead in school, I can't really even explain why (there were more more naturally blondish girls in the class, and brunettes obviously), it's probably just in my blood haha, I couldn't care less if the whole world would think red haired girls are ugly it just seems to be instinctually in me to find the the good looking ones really attractive, it's probably some kind of subconcious self preservation thing or something lol

Groenewolf
05-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Skadi

Which just shows you have not read anything there, besides being for Germanics only:rolleyes:.

Not necessarily, but I would have divided brunettes from black haired girls. The poll outcome would have been more realistic.

That would indeed be a better division. Since those two hair colors are of a different kind. The different colors of brown hair are not black.

Sahson
05-26-2011, 03:38 AM
Redheads all the way, the blondes, and then women with light brown hair.

Peasant
05-26-2011, 03:41 AM
Only African hair and really curly hair puts me off. As for colour, depends on how well it fits their complexion or something.

Magister Eckhart
05-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Absolutely blondes. I don't really care for platinum blonde; anywhere from a golden to a dirty blonde, really. I think blonde really looks best on women with Borreby and Alpine features. Women with longer, sharper features in my opinion typically look better with darker hair, while women with rounder, softer features look much better with blonde hair. I should add that women who dye their hair disgust me.

Groenewolf
05-26-2011, 03:52 AM
For myself it would be a split between blonds and brunettes.

Hess
05-26-2011, 04:03 AM
Which just shows you have not read anything there, besides being for Germanics only:rolleyes:

I've read a couple of threads on there, actually. I would say that some of the topics on there are interesting, but others are quite ridiculous.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=140948

this thread proves that some Skadi members are A)pretty shit at Taxonomy, and B)obviously harbor distrust for anyone who isn't "Germanic enough" for their taste.

By Skadi's standards, 60% of Europeans would be considered Mulattoes, Gypsies, and Turks :thumb001:

hajduk
05-26-2011, 06:33 AM
I think the pure-blooded Slavs should be "saved" from living among their filthy mongrelized armenoid/mongoloid/animaloid countrymen.

Well, according to what I've read in the book The Races of Europe by Coon, the Slavs are our brothers, like the Celts and Balts. They were all originally Nordic. All early sources state that they were tall and blonde and indistinguishable from the Germanic tribes, only one source (Ibrahim ibn Yakub) states that the Bavarian Slavs were dark-haired. All the original Slavs were dolichocephalic, long-faced, and lepthomorphic, and started to degenerate racially only between the 15th and 19th centuries, when they suddenly, and inexplicably became brachycephalic and ugly.

I don't hate them, even though adapting an anti-Slav attitude seems to be a prerequisite to becoming a Germanic preservationist. I have seen Poles, Czechs, and even Croats who really surprised me with their Nordish looks.

I usually associate Poles with mongoloid and gypsy admixture, but they no doubt have a lot of Jew blood too.

I think that's a bit far fetched there, considering that we once controlled a good deal of Poland, intermixed, and that the Jewish influence is no more (Holocaust). Mongoloid influence is really a myth, at least this far West, and the Gypsies are down in Armenia and whatnot.

lol :D

jerney
05-26-2011, 07:54 AM
I've always had a strong preference for brown hair, especially dark brown

Svanhild
05-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Blondes, redheads, brunettes, in that order.

billErobreren
05-26-2011, 08:19 AM
strawberry blondes & redheads mainly but that's hardly in the top of my head when I look for a woman

Lucretius
05-27-2011, 09:56 AM
fair skin with dark or brown hair would be great..but also redheads,which are very uncommon in Italy are beautiful.:D

Magister Eckhart
05-27-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm surprised to see the majority going to the brunettes. How the other preservation forums must be passing judgement on us! :P

Querubín
05-27-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm surprised to see the majority going to the brunettes. How the other preservation forums must be passing judgement on us! :P

That's not very rare in southern Europe. For example, many women say they do not like blondes but they want their children to be fair. I do not say the same about redheads because they exist on the topic of Irish horrible but ...
In the north, in some countries it is rare to be brown. So it is normal because they prefer to call more attention.

Rosenrot
05-27-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm very surprised to see that the Brunettes are winning! I tought the blondes would be far in first place.

Laubach
05-27-2011, 01:00 PM
The hair colour is not important, i prefer the features, the type of hair, and light skinned women. But, i choose blonde, because my Fiancée is

Blossom
05-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Haircolor is one of the last things I'm lookin at...features are so damn important. But, firstly first, mind, soul and body ;) that's it. Once he passed all exams, lol, about how he is, how he acts, his ambitions and stuff related to life, success, and love, then I have a look...and check if all things about his body are OK.

Haircolor is somehow in the middle,...medium place all over the things I'd look for his look. So in case he pass all exams, I prefer them light color (even a light brown) ...dont like hairy guys so, light hair would be more pleasant to me haha.

So yes, he's a blonde. :love0022:

Falkata
05-27-2011, 01:34 PM
I dont really care about hair colour although an exotic colour like light blond, raven black or red gets my attention at first sight at least.
I´ve noticed during all my life that I´m more succesful with blondes though so I guess all that you´re saying about that the opposites attracts is somehow true

Bridie
05-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Blonde men are very rarely attractive. So rare, in fact, that I've yet to see one. I theorise that they do exist though... to pull off pale hair, a man would have to have especially rugged/masculine facial and body characterists to counteract the feminine quality of his hair.

Redheaded men are rarely attractive either, due to the pale, pale skin (another feminine looking trait).

I guess that leaves only brunettes for me. :)

antonio
05-27-2011, 02:19 PM
I´ve noticed during all my life that I´m more succesful with blondes

Then you better keep away from me...though Im not myself a blonde. :D

Zephyr
05-27-2011, 02:27 PM
The hair colour doesn't attract me per se. Its texture yes, I definitely prefer women with slick hair and fair skin. Slick brown, slick auburn, slick golden.

Svanhild
05-28-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm surprised to see the majority going to the brunettes.
Most board members now are from countries where brunette or black hairs are predominant.

Foxy
05-28-2011, 01:10 PM
That's not very rare in southern Europe. For example, many women say they do not like blondes but they want their children to be fair. I do not say the same about redheads because they exist on the topic of Irish horrible but ...
In the north, in some countries it is rare to be brown. So it is normal because they prefer to call more attention.

Well I am a Southern European with black hair and I have voted honestly blonde hair on men. I am not able to judge female beauty but I have always considered Eastern European brunettes more beautiful. However it's not true that we Southern Europeans vote brunettes only becouse we are mostly brunettes. Indeed among the votes to blondes there's also my vote. :D
Also it's not true that Southern Europeans want fair children. Maybe in Spain, in Italy fair people are considered uglier. A friend of mine once even told me that she wants a black man and have nigga children. Not mulattos but all blacks. This is of course the exaggeration, but it's evident that Italians have a strong tanning mania.

Foxy
05-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Most board members now are from countries where brunette or black hairs are predominant.

The users that have voted blondes and those who have voted brunettes til now (in red Southern Euro users and in blue northern users):

blondes (dark blonde, golden blonde and platinum)

Arrow Cross, ash86, DanM, Efim45, HomesickSonnets, Lars, liia, Lorene, Magister Eckhart, Matritensis, Olavsson, Svanhild, SwordoftheVistula, Veleda 14 26.92%

brunettes (brown and black)

Aces High, Agrippa, Bloodeagle, bluesky, Boadicea, Cato, Celtic Knight, Comando Borracho, Daos, Eurocentric, Forget Me Not, Gamera, Iberia, Labrador, Monolith, Pallantides, Pukama, ranger, SaxonCeorl, Talvi, TatyZ, Tribuno, Ushtari, Winterwolf

Counting for Northern Europeans also users with a northern European ancestry.

Please don't mix personal tastes with an other South VS North dispute. ;)

Libertas
05-28-2011, 01:32 PM
I've never heard blond people described as ugly in Italy...sorry.

Foxy
05-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I've never heard blond people described as ugly in Italy...sorry.

In the past no, today yes. Or maybe is a fact merely of my region, but here almost every girl likes dark men (I am an exception). And I have never heard that here people want fair children. :confused:
The most liked look here is dark hair + light eyes.

Libertas
05-28-2011, 01:46 PM
In the past no, today yes. Or maybe is a fact merely of my region, but here almost every girl likes dark men (I am an exception). And I have never heard that here people want fair children. :confused:
The most liked look here is dark hair + light eyes.

Dark hair and light eyes is a very good look.

According to novelist Alberto Moravia in his book "La Ciociara" the people of Frosinone province, next to your Abruzzo, only blondes were considered beautiful, a question of rarity perhaps.

Ibericus
05-28-2011, 01:52 PM
No. In the north the browns are the large majority.

Foxy
05-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Dark hair and light eyes is a very good look.

According to novelist Alberto Moravia in his book "La Ciociara" the people of Frosinone province, next to your Abruzzo, only blondes were considered beautiful, a question of rarity perhaps.

In which century, excuse me? I live here, I think I know the tastes of people here. I have not said that blondes are considered ugly, I just said that most women prefer brunette men and that we don't want fair children more than brunette children. Blondes or brunettes is the same.
Beauty also depends a lot on fashion. In the past blonde hair were an angelic trait. Today people seem to prefer a more trasgressive or exotic look. Just watch the last 2 misses Italy:

Brunette
http://realityshow.blogosfere.it/images/francesca%20testasecca%201.jpg

Olive skinned
http://www.massainfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Maria-Perrusi.jpg

and both have wonnen against two blondes. :P

Libertas
05-28-2011, 02:00 PM
In which century, excuse me? I live here, I think I know the tastes of people here. I have not said that blondes are considered ugly, I just said that most women prefer brunette men and that we don't want fair children more than brunette children. Blondes or brunettes is the same.

Moravia and his story are from the 20th century as you must be aware.

In post 77 above you did say blondes are considered uglier in Italy.

Foxy
05-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Moravia and his story are from the 20th century as you must be aware.

In post 77 above you did say blondes are considered uglier in Italy.

Yes and I repeat it again, blonde men are considered uglier in Italy, girls that like blonde men are less than women that like brunette men. I dunno if the same count with men. Ask them.

Mordid
05-28-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm into green hair.
http://s.bebo.com/app-image/6312195130/6312171416/PROFILE/i.idlestudios.com/img/q/u/08/03/27/GREEN_HAIR.jpg

Libertas
05-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Beauty also depends a lot on fashion. In the past blonde hair were an angelic trait. Today people seem to prefer a more trasgressive or exotic look. Just watch the last 2 misses Italy:

Brunette

Olive skinned
http://www.massainfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Maria-Perrusi.jpg

and both have wonnen against two blondes. :P

These girls are attractive because they have light eyes and dark hair.

Old stars like Sofia Loren look more exotic to European eyes than these 2 girls.

Rouxinol
05-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Very beautiful.

http://photos-2.posh24.com/p/1108985/z/lady_gaga/lady_gaga_pink_hair_black_eyes.jpg

Mordid
05-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Very beautiful.

http://photos-2.posh24.com/p/1108985/z/lady_gaga/lady_gaga_pink_hair_black_eyes.jpg

Are you kidding me, mate ?

poiuytrewq0987
05-28-2011, 03:15 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1R-X6xOuHwo/SnwzgTLjP5I/AAAAAAAAENc/HquqOxzS00A/s400/Miss+Serbia+2009,++Dragana+Atlija+1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1R-X6xOuHwo/SnwzX07AC1I/AAAAAAAAENE/KU-BYimIkI0/s400/Miss+Serbia+-+Dragana+Atlija5.jpg

<3

Rouxinol
05-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Are you kidding me, mate ?

:)

Well, blue hair looks better:

http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/blue-hair.jpg

Zephyr
05-28-2011, 04:30 PM

Mamma mia, che bona!!! :smilie_liebe9:

Lucretius
05-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Mamma mia, che bona!!! :smilie_liebe9:

Direi proprio di si:D

la bombe
05-28-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't care about hair color and looking back, all of the men I've been with have had dark blonde to black hair and I've liked guys with red hair. Attractive is attractive, regardless of hair color and I think facial features and overall coloring is more important.

Although I must admit that my one hair color weakness is a ginger beard :p

http://calamitykim.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/29/james_mcavoy.jpg

Aviane
05-29-2011, 12:10 AM
I perfer Redheads or Brunettes first (especially with blue or green eyes).

But I do like Blondes also (especially when they are French, British, German, Austrian, Slovene for example).

Loki
05-29-2011, 08:03 AM

This is inevitably what is happening. I think these kind of polls attract a large percentage of dishonesty. And, I think Mary Bryant has never visited Scandinavia. Men in Denmark are so attractive, they make me jealous.

As for me - I think I need to know on whether I should vote on first eye-catching attraction, or choice made from knowing which pick would provide the most fulfilling, satisfying company. I would vote differently based on this distinction.

Debaser11
05-29-2011, 08:25 AM
All things being equal in terms of facial shape, red hair and blond hair are both superlative endowments for a woman, imo.

That being said, any Western woman who takes care of their mind and body is Heavenly compared to any other woman on the planet be they a gook, spook, spic, or "A" rab. :)

Magister Eckhart
05-29-2011, 09:59 AM
The users that have voted blondes and those who have voted brunettes til now (in red Southern Euro users and in blue northern users):

blondes (dark blonde, golden blonde and platinum)

Arrow Cross, ash86, DanM, Efim45, HomesickSonnets, Lars, liia, Lorene, Magister Eckhart, Matritensis, Olavsson, Svanhild, SwordoftheVistula, Veleda 14 26.92%

brunettes (brown and black)

Aces High, Agrippa, Bloodeagle, bluesky, Boadicea, Cato, Celtic Knight, Comando Borracho, Daos, Eurocentric, Forget Me Not, Gamera, Iberia, Labrador, Monolith, Pallantides, Pukama, ranger, SaxonCeorl, Talvi, TatyZ, Tribuno, Ushtari, Winterwolf

Counting for Northern Europeans also users with a northern European ancestry.

Did you really have to pick blue for the North? :mad: I mean, that has some serious connotations for us here in the States... and I'm not keen on being called a blue-belly. :p

In all seriousness, I still say I'm surprised by this. I can't believe that there are so many Northern Europeans favouring darker pigmentation. No wonder the blonde gene is dying out. I hope their tastes restrict themselves to dark-haired women. Then again these days we're all programmed by advertising and pop culture to think swarthy, muscular, confident women are more attractive. All it does is make miscegenation seem less of a leap.

Loki
05-29-2011, 10:10 AM
I can't believe that there are so many Northern Europeans favouring darker pigmentation. No wonder the blonde gene is dying out.

If pigmentation was the only criteria in mate selection ... then perhaps things would have been different. But in reality it is not even the most important one. Pigmentation is no longer a wildcard to a good relationship life. In modern life, sexual selection is probably less based on evolutionary goals than in the past - and more on individual, selfish needs. Hence the lower birthrate in Europe - people who have less difficulty in life are less bothered by the survival chances and prospering of their offspring (or even if they want any).

I hope their tastes restrict themselves to dark-haired women.

Not necessarily. For the same reasons as above.

Magister Eckhart
05-29-2011, 10:13 AM
If pigmentation was the only criteria in mate selection ... then perhaps things would have been different. But in reality it is not even the most important one. Pigmentation is no longer a wildcard to a good relationship life. In modern life, sexual selection is probably less based on evolutionary goals than in the past - and more on individual, selfish needs. Hence the lower birthrate in Europe - people who have less difficulty in life are less bothered by the survival chances and prospering of their offspring (or even if they want any).

Not necessarily. For the same reasons as above.

My implication that this is problematic stands. Indeed, I shall make it explicit: this is a problem. We need to think about preserving our blood before we can entertain any notions of preserving our culture.

Talvi
05-29-2011, 11:07 AM
In all seriousness, I still say I'm surprised by this. I can't believe that there are so many Northern Europeans favouring darker pigmentation. No wonder the blonde gene is dying out. I hope their tastes restrict themselves to dark-haired women. Then again these days we're all programmed by advertising and pop culture to think swarthy, muscular, confident women are more attractive. All it does is make miscegenation seem less of a leap.

Dude, this thread is about hair colour. Brown hair doesnt make anyone swarthy.

Although there are members on this board who have told me to get a tan because I look sick :(

Falkata
05-29-2011, 11:58 AM
This is inevitably what is happening. I think these kind of polls attract a large percentage of dishonesty. And, I think Mary Bryant has never visited Scandinavia. Men in Denmark are so attractive, they make me jealous.

As for me - I think I need to know on whether I should vote on first eye-catching attraction, or choice made from knowing which pick would provide the most fulfilling, satisfying company. I would vote differently based on this distinction.

Well Mary Bryan called portugues people "mulattos" in other thread so I dont think she´s a southern with anti northern views. She´s not even a southern european actually

Sabinae
05-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Umm.... all types...hair isnt the main point.

Bridie
05-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Well Mary Bryan called portugues people "mulattos" in other thread so I dont think she´s a southern with anti northern views. She´s not even a southern european actually
Don't misrepresent what I've said. I said that there are MANY mullattos (many seeming to have very old, minor admix) in Portugal. I never said that these mullattos were native Portuguese.

Rouxinol
05-29-2011, 02:53 PM
http://s11.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/c/k/ck0gn63z7llbz3lg.jpg

la bombe
05-29-2011, 03:40 PM

Huh? Brown hair =/= darker pigmentation and brown hair is hardly some rarity in many Northern European countries. I don't think it takes advertising or pop culture for people to find brunettes attractive.

Mordid
05-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Having dark pigmentation does not make you swarthy or looks Southern European. It's facial feature and skull what's important trait.

For instance, this Polish guy look heavily pigmented.
http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac236/david100_photo/4.jpg?t=1306683961

Does he looks Southern European ? No...

Bridie
05-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Truth be known, shiny, healthy, thick, natural hair is always beautiful, irrespective of colour.

Saruman
05-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Blondes, nothing to do with my recent "anthro knowledge", as I used to even pay attention long time ago to bottle blondes. It's far from absolute but I always had some degree of preference for that trait.

Bloodeagle
05-29-2011, 03:56 PM
I can't believe that there are so many Northern Europeans favouring darker pigmentation. No wonder the blonde gene is dying out. I hope their tastes restrict themselves to dark-haired women.

My wife is fairly swarthy, being half Greek, but my blonde genes are so intense, that they have plowed right over any swarthy genes that got in their way. :p My kids have even inherited my pasty white skin. How's that for recessive. :cool:

Nurzat
05-29-2011, 03:59 PM
natural redheads with freckles and brown/grey/blue eyes (not black or green)

http://www.impactlab.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/redheads-233.jpg
http://************/3tkj6fq

Falkata
05-29-2011, 04:07 PM
My wife is fairly swarthy, being half Greek, but my blonde genes are so intense, that they have plowed right over any swarthy genes that got in their way. :p My kids have even inherited my pasty white skin. How's that for recessive. :cool:

Another examples of recesive genes :rolleyes:

Banderas - Melanie Griffit family

http://blstb.msn.com/i/45/69ADC40465EB67D8DD0278B8F15.jpg

Figo, his swedish wife and their offspring

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o171/desportugal_album/Desportugal/luis_figo_e_mulher_inter_siena_desp.jpg

Agrippa
05-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Skin pigmentation being inherited codominant/intermediate, while hair and eye color is clearly distinguished by light being subdominant/recessive, dark dominant.

Fact is however, that:
- children are as a rule often lighter than adults and darken during maturation
- many dark phenotypes everywhere in the Europid sphere, but especially in Europe, have already RECESSIVE GENES FOR LIGHT PIGMENTATION in their genome.

If that is the case, the chances rise to 1:1 for having light (eye and hair) pigmented children...

Karl der Große
05-29-2011, 10:28 PM
I don't judge women by their hair color, but theirs facial structure and bodies though yes I do have a slight preference for blonds.

Efim45
05-29-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm more attracted to whoever's willing to spend time with me, if you know what I mean...:D

Max
05-29-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm more attracted to whoever's willing to spend time with me, if you know what I mean...:D

That doesn't sound very Christian...
http://yearintheoffice.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jesus-facepalm.jpg

Magister Eckhart
05-30-2011, 12:31 AM
natural redheads with freckles and brown/grey/blue eyes (not black or green)

http://www.impactlab.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/redheads-233.jpg

Jail-bait much?

Why don't you have a seat over there...

http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/images/thumb/f/fc/Hanson_exploitable_fixed_fromleft.png/100px-Hanson_exploitable_fixed_fromleft.png

Talvi
05-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Just to mention about hair/eye pigmentation and such..

My aunt has brown hair and pure brown eyes. She has two kids, one is blonde with blue eyes (she is already 15 or something so I doubt her hair is going to get darker), the other is light brown with grey eyes.

Bridie
05-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Jail-bait much?

Why don't you have a seat over there...

http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/images/thumb/f/fc/Hanson_exploitable_fixed_fromleft.png/100px-Hanson_exploitable_fixed_fromleft.pngShe's probably not that young. Western redheads tend to look younger at an older age than other types. Paedomorphic facial traits seem to be common among them.

Allenson
05-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Well, I like them all but if I had to choose one as my favorite, I would choose "strawberry blonde"...meaning, somewhere between red and blonde. Think Nicole Kidman. :)

MST3K
05-31-2011, 08:22 AM
I like them all, but I love a curly Brunette.

Äike
06-06-2011, 03:05 PM
The most beautiful woman who I have ever met is a redhead, thus I voted for the redheads.

Laudanum
06-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Blondes.:)

Amapola
06-06-2011, 05:56 PM
I am attracted to chocolate curls.

Albion
06-09-2011, 03:26 PM
In this order:

Dark brown / black haired European - its quite rare around here but I've noticed it on a few English and Irish ladies and they've usually looked great.
Red head: Same as Dark brown / black
Blonde
Light brown

Mighty Atom
06-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Brunettes all the way. :thumb001:

Libertas
06-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Brunettes all the way. :thumb001:

Preferably blue-eyed ones.

safinator
07-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Brunettes, but hair color isn't really important.

Rachel
07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
I dont pick color when it comes to hair but i do pick length. I like guys with a full head of hair. Though blad men are gaining on me.

Trog
07-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I was in a meeting last week at work and there was a female there who was leading things. Anyway, she had light blonde hair, silver blue/grey eyes and honey-toned skin and she looked amazing. I decided then that her combination is one of the most striking and prettiest in women.

I traditionally go for men with dark hair.

Hess
07-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I dont pick color when it comes to hair but i do pick length. I like guys with a full head of hair. Though blad men are gaining on me.

Yes, "blad" men are quite good looking indeed :thumb001:

Rachel
07-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Yes, "blad" men are quite good looking indeed :thumb001:

"Bald" No one said my spelling was perfect, and without my Mac i am clueless as to what is spelt correctly. ( cause i am currently working on a PC , however macs automatically check everyword for mispellings;)

Lithium
07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
I am mostly attracted by natural blondes (mostly dark blondes in Bulgaria) and redheads, maybe because I carry the redhead gene too.

Hess
07-05-2011, 03:41 PM
"Bald" No one said my spelling was perfect, and without my Mac i am clueless as to what is spelt correctly. ( cause i am currently working on a PC , however macs automatically check everyword for mispellings;)

:lol: I'm in the same boat as you, I type really fast and my iPhone corrects all my mistakes. It's easy to tell when I'm posting from my PC becaus mi postss strt lookin lik tat

Odoacer
07-06-2011, 02:29 PM
I don't really have any preferences for hair color.

blaidd
07-30-2011, 02:01 AM
I like blonde men. All my boyfriends have been blonde Scandinavians. My current boyfriend is a Norwegian with platinum blonde hair. It's a shame he'll go bald one day. LOL.

But I'd go with a brunette or redheaded guy if he was attractive and a good person, it's just that I like the look of blonde hair. I'm blonde myself so I guess my obsession isn't that weird.

http://i.imm.io/7Dnl.jpeg

*swoon* :cool: Blondes... ♥

BeerBaron
07-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Dark hair and light eyes.

Though I am guilty of going off on redhead tangents, finding a hot redhead is rare, so its hard to resist.

Riki
07-30-2011, 02:43 AM
Hair coloyr is not imporant, really. It's personality that I care.

"I'm always such a liar because I'm Polack"

Its your statement:D.

Bakura
07-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Natural redheads

Bard
07-30-2011, 06:31 PM
I voted redheads, especially if the hair color is vivid and their beauty stunning, by the way the hair colour is not so important as long as it's natural, I just don't like women who use dyes on their hair.

CelticTemplar
07-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Redheads > Blondes > Brunette

Piparskeggr
07-31-2011, 05:44 PM
Can't really answer; hair colour is just part of the criteria. I've seen women with beautiful, healthy looking full heads of hair down to mid back, but recoil when I see their face...

blaidd
08-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Since Hellhammer has brown hair, I now prefer brunettes. :cool:

poiuytrewq0987
08-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Since Hellhammer has brown hair, I now prefer brunettes. :cool:

:eek: What about your blond-haired Norwegian boyfriend? :aufsmaul_2:

Casper
08-04-2011, 03:00 AM
Blondes and Brunettes never dated a ginger girl

Beorn
08-04-2011, 03:02 AM
LOL! I swear the thread was asking if I was more attracted to 'blondes, brunettes, or retards'.

Hands down it must be the retards. They are more compliant in bed.

blaidd
08-04-2011, 03:13 AM
:eek: What about your blond-haired Norwegian boyfriend? :aufsmaul_2:

I love him more then anything ever, but his hair is now blue. Blue wasn't an option. So I voted the haircolor of my love on TA. :D

Pallantides
08-04-2011, 01:55 PM
So I voted the haircolor of my love on TA. :D

Lol I thought you were refering to this Hellhammer...
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7560/hellhammer29ci.jpg

rhiannon
08-04-2011, 02:08 PM
Light brown/sandy blonde hair....light eyes.

Lorene
08-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Im' surprised by the amount of red hair votes.

Blossom
08-04-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm damnfully attracted by this one...blond-haired angel...:rolleyes:

Absinthe
08-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Doesn't matter, it depends on the general appearance, personality and charms...

But because this thread needs some juice, here it is: even though I have always thought to like fair men, I find myself strangely attracted to dark haired men with dark eyes, especially if they have fair skin, thin and straight eyebrows, and a really piercing look in the eyes. (photo example)

Must be the unconscious "bad boy" stereotype. :p

BeerBaron
08-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Doesn't matter, it depends on the general appearance, personality and charms...

But because this thread needs some juice, here it is: even though I have always thought to like fair men, I find myself strangely attracted to dark haired men with dark eyes, especially if they have fair skin, thin and straight eyebrows, and a really piercing look in the eyes. (photo example)

Must be the unconscious "bad boy" stereotype. :p

so you're into the sociopath look eh? :p

Talvi
08-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Not that other colours arent nice but...

Dark hair with this haircut:
http://sixteendates.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/jordancatalano1.jpg

http://www.mainstreetmallonline.com/fanstuff/members/buhhoe1/listings/matt49.JPG

OMG! Such a delight!

Curtis24
08-05-2011, 07:09 AM
I am attracted to beautiful women, the beauty is more important than the hair color. Beautiful redhead beats plain-looking blonde etc.

Wölfin
08-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Consciously, in theory I would say I am more attracted to brunettes (from light brown to jet black) with light eyes.
Second I'd say redheads because I find they look so beautiful, but my attraction to them over the years, I've realized, is more admirative than sexual.
And last I'd say blonde.

But in Practice, I'd say I've been attracted to, especially natural or natural-looking blondes in a consistent manner almost as much as brunettes (at least if you look at my celebrity crush quotient).

However, I've come to realize it is probably because I am most strongly attracted to light eyes, and while I prefer brunettes because the contrast is more striking, it doesn't rule out blondes because many, especially the natural blondes, have light eyes.

So in reality my order of preference is probably
Light Eyed Brunette +/- Light Eyed Blonde > Light Eyed Redhead > Dark eyed Brunette > Dark eyed Redhead > Dark eyed Blonde.

So I'm not sure what to vote :D

larali
09-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Love redhead boys. Especially the dark red color. Bright orange is nice too. I also love dark haired dudes- black/ dark brown, or medium brown. I am not especially attracted to pale blond boys but that's in general. Husband has dark blonde/ brownish hair.

Han Cholo
09-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Brunettes definately for me.

Panopticon
09-12-2011, 09:25 AM
I prefer light brown to brown hair with light eyes.

rhiannon
09-12-2011, 11:44 AM

You're fucking AWESOME:) 70s rock kicked ass over the 80s.....by far!

Hevneren
09-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Depends on the person. Some fit red hair better than others, some fit blond hair better and some fit brown hair better. Probably a boring and diplomatic answer, but there it is. Hair colour is low on my list, although I prefer natural hair colours to fake colours and bleached blond hair. I actually have an aversion to the washed out bleached blond bimbo fad.

Moonbird
09-26-2011, 02:39 PM
I prefer men with dark hair. Men should be tall, dark and handsome.

Albion
09-26-2011, 02:54 PM

What do women mean by 'dark'? Dark as in lightly tanned?

Moonbird
09-26-2011, 03:00 PM
What do women mean by 'dark'? Dark as in lightly tanned?

Dark hair. :)

SilverKnight
09-26-2011, 03:18 PM
All of the three.
In order -
1 -Redheads
2- Brunettes
3- Blondes

Albion
09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
So much for men preferring blondes. :rolleyes:

Hevneren
09-26-2011, 03:27 PM

Why? I fit at least one criteria (another is for others to judge). :p

mdou3
09-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Love me some blondes :)

Transmontano
10-04-2011, 05:17 AM
I like it all as long as I like it.

I don't like blonde, brunette or redhead. In a purely physical sense it depends how it all balances out with the face underneath, kind of like how a certain haircut suits one person and not the next and vice versa.

But if I had to choose and everything else being equal, I gravitate toward more or less the middle of the spectrum as far as eyes, hair and skin tone.

Then again getting to know someone and experiences can change my mind dramatically 180 degrees whether at first I thought they were an angel or a plain Jane.

I usually don't like these kinds of questions but ironically I voted anyway.

I can't count the times some woman said they like them tall, dark and handsome but then they go head over heels for some very short, pasty skinned, bald guy.

It also rubs me the wrong way when some people say men or women should be like XYZ rather than speaking for themselves as if imposing their taste on others and indirectly insulting people who don't fit their ideal...

I wonder if these people think they would be most others' first choice. Usually they probably aren't.

Loki
10-04-2011, 07:24 AM
I like dark Mediterranean girls. :) Not only cute, but they have better temperament than blondes, it seems. And easier to get on with.

BanjaLuka
10-04-2011, 08:32 AM

I did tarot card reading for you and the cards have spoken :cool:

In near future, you shall meet a tall, dark & handsome mysterious stranger who will change your life forever. ;):cool:

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/zorro-da.jpg

:lightbul:

Loki
10-04-2011, 08:50 AM

That would describe me perfectly. Here's me with a cute redhead:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4541/tumblrlrkmbq49nv1qb6qt8.jpg

Contra Mundum
10-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Hair color is irrelevant to me.

Incal
10-04-2011, 04:34 PM
It depends on my mood.

The Alchemist
10-04-2011, 04:41 PM
I love nordic men with brown hair and deep blue eyes...

morski
10-04-2011, 05:15 PM

If you have residency you are eligible to vote for local\regional government since you are citizen of the UK, hence the EU. You can`t vote for parliament, though.

StonyArabia
10-05-2011, 05:36 AM
None. They just don't appeal to me.

Davy Jones's Locker
11-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Overall strawberry-blonde or dark blonde/light brown would be my fave. I don't really like very light (eg almost white) or very dark hair.

Not too bothered though, there are more important attributes when considering the attractiveness of a woman.

Hurrem sultana
11-10-2011, 02:28 PM
I am a natural blonde,now brunnete

and i prefer guys with dark hair,dark or brown eyes and at least 185 cm tall ;):D:thumb001:

Pallantides
11-10-2011, 03:00 PM
That would describe me perfectly. Here's me with a cute redhead:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4541/tumblrlrkmbq49nv1qb6qt8.jpg

Darth Vader got good taste in women.

The Alchemist
11-10-2011, 03:03 PM
I like from medium blond to black, but always with a cold tone, i don't like all reddish/warm tones at all!!!!

Tarja
11-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Any, besides red. Well, maybe strawberry blonde but I don't think men can pull off vibrant shades of red in the same way that women can. So yeah, I'll have to exclude them.

Which is a shame, since I'm from a land of gingers. :D

Pallantides
11-10-2011, 03:13 PM
http://www.readaboutcomics.com/images/030904_conan02.jpg

The Alchemist
11-10-2011, 03:15 PM
http://www.readaboutcomics.com/images/030904_conan02.jpg
Kill all gingers!!!! :D :thumb001:

Flintlocke
11-10-2011, 04:08 PM
You evil racist nazis! :p

I don't discriminate I like all pretty girls :)

Libertas
11-10-2011, 06:10 PM
I like from medium blond to black, but always with a cold tone, i don't like all reddish/warm tones at all!!!!

I do like reddish and auburn tones.:)

Artek
11-10-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't pay attention to hair color :)

The Alchemist
11-11-2011, 06:08 AM
I do like reddish and auburn tones.:)

I hate them!!!!! In fact, i've got an horrible light brown/reddish hair color, and i do whatever possible to keep them in an ash tone, i've damaged them much cause of my obsession of ash tones :( I know i should accept it, but i find red so extremely unattractive :(

Libertas
11-11-2011, 07:03 AM
I hate them!!!!! In fact, i've got an horrible light brown/reddish hair color, and i do whatever possible to keep them in an ash tone, i've damaged them much cause of my obsession of ash tones :( I know i should accept it, but i find red so extremely unattractive :(

You shouldn't think like that.

Accept what you are and what you have and move on.:):)

jerney
11-11-2011, 07:05 AM

I have lots of red in my hair and I don't really like it either. I think it looks fine on other people, I just hate it for myself, I don't know why.

The Alchemist
11-11-2011, 07:07 AM
I have lots of red in my hair and I don't really like it either. I think it looks fine on other people, I just hate it for myself, I don't know why.

I can understand you. I think it simply doesn't fit on me!!! I like ash blonde or brown.

Hurrem sultana
11-11-2011, 09:41 AM
brunettes most popular i can see:D

red on girls can be good but it is a big NO when it comes to guys,i just don't like it

Absinthe
11-11-2011, 09:45 AM
brunettes most popular i can see:D

red on girls can be good but it is a big NO when it comes to guys,i just don't like it
:p

http://www.picshag.com/pics/082010/redhead-vs-ginger.jpg

ikki
11-11-2011, 09:51 AM
haircolor on girls change all the time. its very confusing.

Unurautare
11-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Light pigmentation is a + . I'd want kids that look like me.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg11/scaled.php?server=11&filename=imagine12.jpg&res=medium

Kazimiera
04-27-2012, 09:33 PM
I have been a person of many hair colours and noticed that people treat you differently depending on what your hair colour is.

I am naturally blonde and had endless nonsense. Guys would whistle at me in the street and call out things like "Come f*** me Barbie"! I got plenty of male attention but most of it was men who wanted one-night stands. The final straw happened to me one night in a pub where a group of some very large and very drunk men held me by my arms and pulled my pants and underwear down. Then they pushed me against the bar counter and and pulled my legs apart to check if I was a "real blonde".

The next day I dyed my hair black. And then the world changed. I did not get as much male attention, but the attention I did get was of a more serious nature. Men were more interested in having a relationship than getting laid. Women are nicer to me, people in general are much nicer. Black hair is definitely more "low key" than blonde.

I much prefer having dark hair over light hair.

How do you as women see this? Any experiences like this when dying your hair?

Men, how do you feel about women with different hair colours?

Hurrem sultana
04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
I see no big difference,,,i am a natural blonde with dyed brown hair right now

lepa
04-27-2012, 09:38 PM
I prefer my natural hair colour, it fits me best.

2Cool
04-27-2012, 09:45 PM
I prefer brunettes.

juizdelinha
04-27-2012, 09:45 PM
redheads>brunettes>blondes

Vixen
04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
My hair is naturally dark brown (looks black) and I don´t like how it contrasts with my very pale skin. I dye it red, it looks less harsh and more natural.

Mraz
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM
I like black hairs.

Foxy
04-27-2012, 10:05 PM
God, the interpretation of haircolour changes from country to country.

I've found an interesting article about how Italian men imagine the blonde and the ravenhead to be.

The BLONDE in Italy is seen as an innocent, pure woman, unwary, a prey for the hunter-man. The blonde is vulnerable and ingenuous.

The RAVENHEAD is shameless and self confident, aggressive, dangerous, sexually hot. She's partially allowed to slightly surpass the limit of elegance.

The blonde is seen like the princess to save and therefore she attracts hunter-men.

The ravenhead is seen as a hunting-panther and therefore attracts men who like to be provoked.

I am and feel definitely ravenhead and I like to be ravenhead (that is diffent from the simple brunette). It's true that it scares some guys who look at you like if you have a horsewhip hidden in your slips, but I really don't feel like a princess to save. I like to stay on the dark mysterious side and to attract only men with enough "balls" to face me.

Source (http://www.adessodonna.net/2011/06/bionda-o-mora-lui-chi-preferisce.html):

Lasciando da parte l’indole personale della donna, l’uomo vede la bionda in un modo preciso e, per certi versi, pretende il rispetto delle regole stabilite ormai da tempo epocale. Si tratta di uno schema mentale legato alla sessualità, dove la donna dai capelli dorati deve essere prima di tutto sprovveduta. Questa è una caratteristica essenziale per stimolare in lui la naturale predisposizione alla caccia di una facile preda da conquistare. Deve essere, pertanto, distratta e poco attenta a ciò che la circonda, e mostrare lasciva fiducia nell’uomo, libero così di muoversi tra le sue difese abbassate o, ancor meglio, assenti. La donna, ignara del pericolo, permette all’uomo la principale forma di violazione, attivando in tal modo la procedura sessuale maschile nei suoi confronti a livello concreto. Il desiderio appare, di conseguenza, forte e deciso, incrementato dalla strada che, a parer suo, risulta spianata. Nell’ottica maschile, è indispensabile che la bionda si imbarazzi facilmente così da renderla a suoi occhi ancor più vulnerabile, a maggior ragione se il suo pudore viene da lei ripetutamente dimostrato e, ovviamente, costantemente violato. Per l’uomo, la bionda viene rappresentata come la pecorella smarrita che per puro caso si trova nel mezzo di un branco di lupi e, ignara del pericolo, si affida ad uno di essi per essere aiutata a ritrovare la strada di casa.

Per quanto concerne la mora, l’uomo pretende il rispetto delle caratteristiche stabilite per il caso, cioè deve essere principalmente sicura di sé e spudorata, non deve pertanto mostrare dubbi sulle proprie potenzialità e capacità, inoltre deve stupirlo con una dose consistente di egocentrismo, a volte elegantemente oltre i limiti del buon costume, ma senza forzature di genere. La mora deve presentarsi con una naturale disinvoltura e di carattere deciso e aggressivo, punti decisivi per risultare all’ottica maschile come decisamente pericolosa. Ha quindi il compito di irrompere nel suo contesto come una concreta e potente minaccia sessuale. Appare evidente, alla luce di quanto detto, che non può e non deve dimostrare tentennamenti, deve essere particolarmente calda e, una volta iniziata la procedura sessuale maschile, lui si deve sentire predato dalla corvina cacciatrice, che ha anche il ruolo di determinare il percorso di realizzazione, in termini di concretezza. La mora viene rappresentata nella visione maschile come la pericolosa fiera cacciatrice che, affamata, lo bracca, senza apparente impegno, come vittima per soddisfare i propri bisogni e le proprie necessità.

I think the origins of these stereotypes are both from literature. The blonde rapresents in the Italian mindset the angel-woman of the Medieval chançons who saves the man with her purity.
The ravehead appears in literature with the romanticism and even more with Scapigliatura, that prefers gothic features and a mysterious look in women, that with their gaze devour the soul of the man.

brunette
04-27-2012, 10:07 PM
I love my brunette hair because I have streaks of multi colours in it mostly red. It shines in the sun and it's curly also.

Europa
04-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Brunettes mostly,but that doesn't mean I've never liked blonds.I can't stand redheads with freckles...

Alvarado
04-27-2012, 10:15 PM
I dislike redheads, not sure why.

Útrám
04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm indifferent to hair pigment. I just prefer women with attractive facial features. A good waist to hip ratio is a plus too.

Kazimiera
04-27-2012, 10:21 PM
God, the interpretation of haircolour changes from country to country.

I've found an interesting article about how Italian men imagine the blonde and the ravenhead to be.

The BLONDE in Italy is seen as an innocent, pure woman, unwary, a prey for the hunter-man. The blonde is vulnerable and ingenuous.

The RAVENHEAD is shameless and self confident, aggressive, dangerous, sexually hot. She's partially allowed to slightly surpass the limit of elegance.

The blonde is seen like the princess to save and therefore she attracts hunter-men.

The ravenhead is seen as a hunting-panther and therefore attracts men who like to be provoked.

I am and feel definitely ravenhead and I like to be ravenhead (that is diffent from the simple brunette). It's true that it scares some guys who look at you like if you have a horsewhip hidden in your slips, but I really don't feel like a princess to save. I like to stay on the dark mysterious side and to attract only men with enough "balls" to face me.

I think the origins of these stereotypes are both from literature. The blonde rapresents in the Italian mindset the angel-woman of the Medieval chançons who saves the man with her purity.
The ravenhead appears in literature with the romanticism and even more with Scapigliatura, that prefers gothic features and a mysterious look in women, that with their gaze devour the soul of the man.

Precisely the reason why I dye mine pitch black. :D

Kalitas
04-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Well, I prefer blondes with blue/grey eyes, but I also like redheads and brunettes :)

Lábaru
04-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Brunette and redhead or reddish brown, or any shade of brown.

Melina
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
My hair is naturally blonde but I have dyed it black,brown and red. And yes I feel that with blonde hair more men look at me.

Tarja
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
I've had all varieties of hair colours and I don't feel that I've been treated any differently as a result of them. I seldom get attention, and certainly not more now that I'm back to blonde. :) It's ridiculous to assume a blonde would be more 'up for it', but I suppose that's just how it is.

Artek
04-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Blondes>pale ravenheads>redheads>bronze .
Anyway, having bronze hair doesn't disqualify any girl in my eyes,
I just evaluate this single trait - hair colour. The rest is more important, IMO.

ficuscarica
04-27-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm indifferent to hair pigment. I just prefer women with attractive facial features. A good waist to hip ratio is a plus too.

Excellent posting. The man knows what he is talking about. A hip that is good for child-bearing and a healthy, beautiful face count most. :thumb001:

For hair I prefer dark brown, but I´m ok with everything else, too - as long as the whole package fits. I can´t stand it when women dye their hair. I want a woman that I like, not a fake that I like.

Favorite hair colour is something like this:
http://media7.onsugar.com/files/2011/09/36/5/1891/18915455/cfc34616ed9e1e30_Hair_Color_Photos_A.jpg
a warm dark brown

Arne
04-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Mine Prefference goes out to mainly Redheads/Brunettes and Blondes.
It really depends on the beauty of each own.
I have to admit my promiscuity which makes it hard to reduce myself only to one haircolour.
It´s often about how she is dressed up.

Supreme American
04-27-2012, 11:05 PM
I've never dyed my hair in my life. I'm a brunette.

PetiteParisienne
04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
My hair is naturally dark blonde, but I've been dying it black or red on and off for years. I really love having my hair black, but it can be a bit harsh with my facial features. My sister is a natural red-head, so I look good with red hair, too. Red is hard to maintain, though, so I might go back to my natural colour soon.

Chronos
04-27-2012, 11:20 PM
I seriously could not care less.

Hair color is of a almost inexistent importance when it comes to a potential significant other. It seems like a very banal thing to ponder upon.

Chronos
04-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Red is hard to maintain, though, so I might go back to my natural colour soon.

Have you tried this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henna ?

Incal
04-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Hair color is irrelevant to me when it comes to choose a woman.

PetiteParisienne
04-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Have you tried this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henna ?

I have done red with henna before. It's a b*tch to apply, but very therapeutic for the hair.

Talvi
04-28-2012, 12:13 AM
I have done red with henna before. It's a b*tch to apply, but very therapeutic for the hair.

But unfortunately after you have had chemical red, henna just doesnt look red enough and people will start commenting how your hair is suddenly more brown.

My hair is naturally brown but I prefer to be a redhead.
As for guys... I prefer darker hair.

Vixen
04-28-2012, 12:25 AM
I´ve recently started using a new type of permanent hair color called Inoa, from L´Oreal. It´s amonia-free and doesn´t dry out you hair like other dyes.
I use shade 6.46:
http://i49.tinypic.com/149x0x.jpg

Comte Arnau
04-28-2012, 12:35 AM
I've learned to ignore a woman's hair. It was a source for constant disappointment. Not easy in the beginning, though.

Atlantic Islander
04-28-2012, 12:37 AM
I've been dying my hair red since I was thirteen, I've also dyed it black a few times.

Arne
04-28-2012, 12:40 AM
I wanted to add additional Lines onto this Thread :)
Natural Haircolour rules the most on Females..
Just my opinion.
But i like red lipgloss on them etc.. without too much makeup

Nordish Persephone
04-28-2012, 12:43 AM
Everyone on here knew what I would vote! :p

Arne
04-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Everyone on here knew what I would vote! :p

You voted Black i´m right..

Dacul
04-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Brown hair or brown with reddish nuance (auburn),dark reddish is nice also.
Least I like is black and very light blonde.

Arrow Cross
04-28-2012, 01:29 AM
Blonde > black > everything else, though the winner does not triumph by an overly huge margin. I simply find light hair more aesthetic, but the mystery provided by its opposite is also a grateful factor. Especially when contrasted against signature European paleness of skin, as in the case of the OP. http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

That said, overall, hair colour ranks rather low in what I find relevant in a woman's appearance.

~Nik~
04-28-2012, 01:29 AM
Light chestnut. It is the color of my actual girlfriend.

SilverKnight
04-28-2012, 04:06 AM
I prefer brunettes, but could go for redheads as well...

CelticViking
04-28-2012, 04:28 AM
I prefer
1. Blonde
2. Light Brown
3. Red
4. Dark Brown.
5. Black/ Darker Brown James Bond.

Libertas
04-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Brown hair or brown with reddish nuance (auburn),dark reddish is nice also.
Least I like is black and very light blonde.

I agree with most of this but I like black hair with blue eyes and pale skin.

Light blonde is unattractive just like grey hair in the elderly.

Matilda
04-28-2012, 07:09 AM
I´ve recently started using a new type of permanent hair color called Inoa, from L´Oreal. It´s amonia-free and doesn´t dry out you hair like other dyes.
I use shade 6.46:

I've tried Inoa too. It look good but faded out in only 2 weeks.

Matilda
04-28-2012, 07:14 AM
I've been black, brown, blonde, orange, red and green.
Blonde gets more attention from random men on the street.
Red and black makes me look more mature.
With green hair people looked at me like I was a freak.
I'm stuck with light brown now.

The Alchemist
04-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Everyone says that i look better with light hair, especially medium blond, but i'm sick of dyeng them too much. I like the way i look with a natural looking light brown. But i have to admit that with blonde hair i get much more attention, but i dislike that stereotype of "sexy blonde". I couldn't care less about it.

Vixen
04-28-2012, 06:07 PM
I've tried Inoa too. It look good but faded out in only 2 weeks.

Yup. That´s the only problem I have with it. Fades too quickly.

Saruman
04-28-2012, 06:10 PM
A variety but I always had a thing for blondes!:D

Bardamu
04-28-2012, 06:23 PM
I have been a person of many hair colours and noticed that people treat you differently depending on what your hair colour is.

I am naturally blonde and had endless nonsense. Guys would whistle at me in the street and call out things like "Come f*** me Barbie"! I got plenty of male attention but most of it was men who wanted one-night stands. The final straw happened to me one night in a pub where a group of some very large and very drunk men held me by my arms and pulled my pants and underwear down. Then they pushed me against the bar counter and and pulled my legs apart to check if I was a "real blonde".

That sounds pretty bad. You should definitely reappraise the people you choose to drink with. So far as the question goes, I prefer traditional and modest white women, whatever their hair color. I don't wish to see any of the precious recessive traits of Europeans go extinct, so in that sense I prefer the most endangered, which is red heads.

rashka
04-28-2012, 06:31 PM
If so many men prefer blonds then why do they always go after the brunettes?

Artek
04-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Maybe the best blondes are already taken ;D

Chronos
04-28-2012, 06:49 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if this "blonde" thing is a conspiracy.

jerney
04-28-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm light brown, but prefer dark brown hair on myself. I'm also pretty fond of red hair lately

Arsen_
04-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Hair color of women is not a criteria for choice to me but only dark-haired women have ability to make me either really happy or extremely sad.

Quorra
04-28-2012, 08:22 PM
I like black hairs.

:laugh2:

Maddy
04-28-2012, 08:23 PM
I think the best hair color for a person is usually what their natural color is....I really think all hair colors are equally beautiful....on both men and women

Mraz
04-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Black hairs and pale skin is the best combination.
I believe that the hair color can influence your opinion
about someone.

Anthropologique
04-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Redheads.

Quorra
04-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Black hairs and pale skin is the best combination.
I believe that the hair color can influence your opinion
about someone.It's cute lol (your English)