PDA

View Full Version : How much you would be upset if someone would tell you that you are not beautiful?

Dacul
08-21-2012, 08:26 PM
The thread is mainly addressed only for women and girls.

Tony
08-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Since I don't give a shit about others' opinion I ... wouldn't give a shit in that case as well.
I've a great ego and would think she's somewhat mentally ill.
And then, after 2 to 3 minute passed thinkin' at her illness I'd started again not giving a shit.

Linet
08-21-2012, 08:34 PM
The thing is...if he/she says it out of honesty :angel without to try to hurt me then yes...i would feel hurt :cry2 but i wouldnt hold hard feelings :icon_no:. Personal taste is personal taste :love0041:. If someone says it in order to hurt me :Pruegelknabe:...i wouldnt bother :fhmm:, people like that just dont deserve it :mocking:.

Kazimiera
08-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Beauty is the be-all and end-all of the world. I've met people who have found me stunning (go figure) and others who don't like me at all. Everyone has their preferences. Someone told me once that I was ugly. It doesn't faze me in the least. But when people tell me I'm gorgeous it's the time when alarm bells start ringing.

Azalea
08-21-2012, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't get upset at all. I don't have a mainstream look so there are probably a lot of people out there that don't like my looks. But ofcourse, it also depends on the person who says it.

Balmung
08-21-2012, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't care.

Hell, i call myself ugly, or tell people i have aids on Xbox live/Steam/internet services/real life to prevent internet crazies from wanting to find me. I recall this one incident with a furry on Xbox live (fuck those people creep me out). Got the aids bit from my sister, she used to tell dudes that when they became "obsessive" in highschool.

Willem
08-21-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm a tall, blond, blue eyed Nordid, you can't hurt my feelings. :D

Tony
08-21-2012, 09:11 PM
No, seriously I'd get quite upset at it.
With the upsettin' lastin' accordin' to the importance of the person who would tell me that.
If she's a close friend there ain't no need to be such a boor and hurt my feelings no?if she ever did such bs I'd pay her back with everything I never told her.

If it's a person I for wich I don't feel anything special well who cares after all, I just laughed at her face when it happened and then ignored her.

Dacul
08-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Well I do not care too much either if people are saying me I am not beautiful,but I was waiting for women to vote here or at least express their opinion.
I see Linet was sincere,while Ashina is telling she would not get upset,but it depends who is telling her that which means,I suppose,that if someone close to her would say to her she is not beautiful she would get at least a little upset on that person.
Also what Kazimiera said is interesting.
I did not noticed till now that most women are getting very glad if you tell them they are beautiful,lol.
And I was wondering if most women will get very upset/upset/and so on if you would tell them they are not beautiful,meh.

PetiteParisienne
08-21-2012, 10:17 PM
It wouldn't be the first time I'd have heard it. I wouldn't be bothered.

Lithium
08-21-2012, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't care that much, it's all about their perception of beauty and their stereotypes about other people.

Virtuous
08-21-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm a tall, blond, blue eyed Nordid, you can't hurt my feelings. :D

because you don't have any :P

Dacul
08-21-2012, 10:22 PM
It wouldn't be the first time I'd have heard it. I wouldn't be bothered.

Well I noticed most jewish women are very resting as persons,the only problem is the fact a lot are zionist.

Behemot
08-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Feelings ? What feelings ?
:p

Seriously.......nope......It would not upset me at all....it's perfectly normal for some people not to like how I look :)

Tony
08-21-2012, 10:43 PM
I don believe a single female TA member who said she wouldn't b uspet, no way:taped-shut:

Behemot
08-21-2012, 10:47 PM
I don believe a single female TA member who said she wouldn't b uspet, no way:taped-shut:

Tell me one reason why would I be upset ? :confused:

Tony
08-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Tell me one reason why would I be upset ? :confused:

Because it seems to me that most of the girls/women here take her look, image in high importance (not that is a bad thing eh) so it's hard for me to think you wouldn't react badly if this botton of the look were pushed negatively.

Arthas
08-21-2012, 10:52 PM
I would thank them for being honest.

Behemot
08-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Because it seems to me that most of the girls/women here take her look, image in high importance (not that is a bad thing eh) so it's hard for me to think you wouldn't react badly if this botton of the look were pushed negatively.
That depends....
If someone is highly concentrated on their look it can develop :
a) severe egocentrism and narcism,so whatever you say to them ,they won't hear because they are so in love in their own reflection.....
b) severe insecurity,where you always have to approve on that person's looks ,or you can't even persuede them thatthey look good because of the high dose of self criticism

If someone is concentrated on their looks on some normal scale ,than you have:
a ) perfect consciousness about human diversity and postitive attitude of themselfs ,so the fact that someone doesn't like them,just turns out -logic
b ) temporary angry mode ,but controlled and after consideration,it goes like the example a)

Hurrem sultana
08-21-2012, 11:04 PM
Depends on who said it,if its a guy i like..i would feel :(

if it is an ugly girl..i would just feel :D

Veneda
08-21-2012, 11:14 PM
I'd feel the same way, if someone said I was beautiful. I learned to be resistant both to criticism and compliments.

Skrondsze
08-21-2012, 11:24 PM

I agree with you. I think every woman, even if she knows she is ugly (rare cases), would be upset. They may fake their feelings at the moment but deep inside they know they were hurt, even if they know that person who said that was just trying to offend them.

As for me, I don't like being called ugly but I also don't like when somebody says that I'm handsome or cute or good looking because it's obvious that they are either lying (in case they say I'm ugly or not good looking) or just trying to be nice lol (in case they say I'm good looking), but of course I wouldn't compare being called cute to being called ugly, it's just that both aren't true.

Beauty is rational (objective, unbiased) and something very precise and subtil , I would say even factual in most civilized societies. Everybody should be able to place themselves in a scale. For me, I'd give me a 5/10 so any comments above (beautiful, cute, etc) wouldn't affect me much, but if I'm called ugly it would of course affect me a bit.

Γέλως
08-21-2012, 11:30 PM
I would probably sue him. Nobody has the right to question my beauty!

Su
08-21-2012, 11:50 PM
It wouldn't upset me at all since I love myself the way how I am. :cool:

Frigga
08-22-2012, 12:16 AM
I am far too sensitive to how others perceive me, but I've toughened up a lot more than compared to how I used to be in school. I've had many people over the years tell me that I'm not beautiful, or that I'm fat, or ugly. As long as there is no maliciousness in the words, and as long as that person likes me for other qualities besides my looks, I am able to have a cordial relationship with someone.

Hubby thinks I'm beautiful just as I am, and to be honest, that's all I really care about. :)

carol
08-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Different men have different tastes. As long as my man thinks that I am beautiful, that is what really matters to me. Of course, it also depends on why someone would be telling me that to begin with. If it was a stranger or someone I had just met, I would think him a clown. A good friend would be a different matter, and I probably can already tell when someone finds me pretty :) . I get plenty of compliments, so I wouldn't feel bad!

Drawing-slim
08-22-2012, 02:23 AM
Would be the most refreshing thing i've ever heard said to me, so of course i would thank them.
Kinda gets old been called handsom and beautiful man all the time:coffee:

Quorra
08-22-2012, 02:32 AM
I stop traffic and have had many men and women tell me I'm gorgeous over the years.

I've also had people tell me I'm shit. So maybe beauty is in the eye of the beholder or maybe people have other reasons for saying what they say.

I think this is pretty much the same for most women. The compliments far outweigh the criticism so it's quite easy to disregard.

However if someone feels the need to point out you are not beautiful, it's probably a sign they have a fairly abrasive personality and I'm not interested in people like that.

I'm not very good looking, but you wouldn't know that from the compliments I get.:D

Hong Key
08-22-2012, 02:51 AM
Been called a fat ass before but ever been called ugly, (Borrebys are beautiful) last night my friend said I’m very photogenic after she film me but then by the end of the night she called me all kinds of bad things but ugly was not one of them. Damn Slavic chicks.

Also I almost never tell her directly how pretty she is. Even though I want to scream it every 5 mins. YOUR FUCKING BEAUTIFUL. Instead I’ll give her indirect compliments.

Siberian Cold Breeze
08-22-2012, 02:52 AM
I have a mirror too:)
I know ,I m not a Miss World ,but not ugly either .
I would think ,perhaps i m not type of that person..

Sophie
08-22-2012, 02:55 AM
I have a mirror too:)
I know ,I m not a Miss World ,but not ugly either .
I would think ,perhaps i m not type of that person..

What if the mirror breaks? :eek:

Jk :D

WinterIsComing
08-22-2012, 03:01 AM
I think I would try to consider how much I cared about what that person thought of me, and how greatly I valued their opinion. Having said that, I could very well end up being hurt regardless of who said it, as I tend to be a bit on the sensitive side.

StonyArabia
08-22-2012, 03:14 AM
I don't look for physical traits but rather personal qualities is what makes the person beautiful:) Beauty does not last forever but the content of the heart do and this how a person should be judged. I think when people judge others on physical beauty because they are shallow, and those who parade themselves as beautiful because they lack something and want compensation.

spaz
08-22-2012, 03:19 AM
It would upset me, even though I agree with them. I'm aware that I am ugly, and that most people are judgmental about appearance. I don't need to be reminded.

StonyArabia
08-22-2012, 03:27 AM
It would upset me, even though I agree with them. I'm aware that I am ugly, and that most people are judgmental about appearance. I don't need to be reminded.

You are probably not ugly iam sure you are quiet beautiful:)

Siberian Cold Breeze
08-22-2012, 03:27 AM
What if the mirror breaks? :eek:

Jk :D
At least I have only one face unlike you...Janusian freak

we are not friends..so no jokes with me.

rhiannon
08-22-2012, 03:28 AM
My reaction would be almost entirely dependent on the context in which it was said.

If I were seeking a truly honest opinion, I'd be acting like a spoiled little child if my response were poor.

However, if the person was telling me in such a way as to sound mean or cruel? They could likely go fuck off somewhere.:mad:

spaz
08-22-2012, 03:33 AM
You are probably not ugly iam sure you are quiet beautiful:)

I look like a deformed rat. :D

Aurora
08-22-2012, 03:36 AM
I would not get very upset.

I've been told that so many times since a young age that I am used to it. It has hurt my feelings, some people have been rude about it & that is hurtful.

rashka
08-22-2012, 03:56 AM
There is no need to tell a person you personally know that they are not beautiful or unattractive. It is something that would be obvious to them so it's not nice to say it to their faces. Most people are average looking so they are not cosidered ugly. LOL. No one can be 100 percent perfect and even a face with perfect features can look ugly. I had gotten the word pretty and cute many times but even so I don't like such flattery.

ZpgY5S3AcSw

Germanicus
08-22-2012, 04:29 AM
I'd be furious, so furious I'd get my billet knife out and shred his/her tyres....kidding*

Food
08-22-2012, 04:57 AM
I'd be furious, so furious I'd get my billet knife out and shred his/her tyres....kidding*

http://pimg.tradeindia.com/00228699/b/0/Shredded-Tyres.jpg

Sikeliot
08-22-2012, 04:58 AM
I don't care if people find me beautiful or not. I show the world who I am every day, and if people don't like it, that's not my concern.

Midori
08-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Feelings ? What feelings ?
:p

This :laugh:

MST3K
08-22-2012, 08:02 AM
It wouldn't bother me at all....but I am cute. :cool:

Talvi
08-22-2012, 11:01 AM
I would be very sad :(

But im more cute than anything else. I guess the problem would be when they said I was unattractive.

Corvus
08-22-2012, 11:02 AM
I don`t care at all.
It is not my aim to be admired by everyone :D

Arbėrori
08-22-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't care, because at the end of the day, it's just me & my mirror.:cool:

Why should I care what the inferior looking think about me...
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gjqkOqJV1qhx3ir.gif

Pallantides
08-22-2012, 02:49 PM
I'd run home crying, then I'd lock myself in my bedroom and eat a whole box of chocolates to quench the pain.

Mraz
08-22-2012, 02:51 PM
People who use that argument to hurt are very immature.

el22
08-22-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm self confident and I would never ask someone's opinion on how I look.

So the only way for someone to evaluate my looks would be if they volunteer to do so, which more likely means that they are not trying to do me a service, but rather trying to turn my humor down.

I wouldn't be upset, but I would feel less sympathy for those people.

Atlantic Islander
03-29-2013, 06:34 AM
I wouldn't be upset, it's best to be realistic. I'm aware of the fact that I have unconventional features.

Mark
03-29-2013, 06:38 AM
I can only applaud their candor, as I am SO not beautiful. :(

Aredhel
03-29-2013, 06:39 AM
It wouldn't bother me, I don't care if someone thinks I'm ugly

Laubach
04-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Honestly, I do not care for it

Mortimer
04-25-2013, 09:35 AM
depends if he/she wants to Insult me and calls me straight up "ugly, fat" etc. and makes fun of me i would not like him, if it is out of honest opinion that im not attractive then i would be upset and think about it and would be still sad but dont hold any bad Feelings towards him. i would be just sad about myself and think about it. i voted other

Baldur
04-25-2013, 09:39 AM
I would be very sad and depressed.

YellowRose
05-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I chose "Other".

I guess it would depend on who was telling me that. If it were someone close to me or someone I loved and cared about, I suppose it would hurt my feelings.

Lobotomist
05-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Hm, i would rather have a person telling the truth, than lying to me. But then again, it depends on who tells me. If someone closely related, i would think it's bad, but some stranger; i wouldn't care.

BLUEU
05-03-2013, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't be upset at all, wouldn't care.

Queen B
05-03-2013, 04:25 PM
No.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so its obvious that I m not everyone's cup of tea.