PDA

View Full Version : Classify Vlad Tepes

accepthetruth
08-25-2012, 10:19 AM
http://urbantitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dracula-www.cinemadahistoria.blogspot.com_-913x1024.jpg
http://l8nytsimmer.webs.com/vlad_tepes_orig_edit-x01.jpg

finþaų
08-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Looks very Taurid. Upper-class men (and women) were very often portrayed with salient and convex noses back in the olden days.

A couple of examples from around my parts:

http://i.imgur.com/2QSxy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0MHXA.jpg

Methmatician
08-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Honestly looks like a light-skinned Turk.

vladandrew
08-25-2012, 10:53 AM
This is not how Vlad Tepes looked like at all.This image was created by Germans in typical habsburg look,look at his chin and lips.Vlad the impaler was described as short with green eyes and a redface,a very long hair over his shoulders and moustache

Insuperable
08-25-2012, 10:55 AM
--

Archduke
08-25-2012, 11:01 AM
He was Slavic.

And like vladandrew said, Vlad was not looking like that.

Anusiya
08-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Yes, a very bad person. :D

Insuperable
08-25-2012, 11:12 AM
--

Dacul
08-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Moldavia and Muntenia leading class was neither slavic neither turkic,but gothic.
Look at Mircea the Elder,who was closed relative to Vlad the Impaler (paternal grandfather of Vlad the Impaler):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mircea_I_of_Wallachia
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/MirceatheElder.jpg
He was red haired,long faced,with blue eyes.
That is clearly gothic descent,from Scandinavia.
I guess they mixed with romanians,normally but they still had scandinavian descent more than usual romanian has.
Think usual romanian have over 15% northwestern european admixture which is from goths mainly,because these settled in Romania.

kvarc
08-25-2012, 10:15 PM
he does have a Slavic name...... but his Cuman by origins

Onur
08-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Moldavia and Muntenia leading class was neither slavic neither turkic,but gothic.
Look at Mircea the Elder,who was closed relative to Vlad the Impaler (paternal grandfather of Vlad the Impaler):

He was red haired,long faced,with blue eyes.
That is clearly gothic descent,from Scandinavia.
I guess they mixed with romanians,normally but they still had scandinavian descent more than usual romanian has.
Mircea the Elder was the grandson of the Cuman founder of Wallachian state in 14th century. So he was a christianized Cuman Turk by origin.

His blue eyes, red hair doesn't mean he was a Scandinavian. Cumans was already famous with their blond appearance. Even the word Cuman means blondish.

These are just their christian names they took after their baptism or when they ascended to the throne. But most of these early Cuman rulers in 13-14th century also had their own true Turkic names. Some of them are still known today.

It was same for the Cuman rulers of the 2nd Bulgarian kingdom. They are known with their christian names like Boris, Vladimir etc. but the earlier rulers also had their own Turkic names too.

Anusiya
08-25-2012, 11:44 PM
:picard1:Will you eventually conclude in something? A Turk claims he is Cuman, that he is blond with blue eyes, a Romanian says he had green eyes and he was short, another one says he is Goth-Skandinavian:picard1: I smell that you are propagating political views here, instead of sheer historical interest.

Turk? Yeah, that's why he sported the "pole dancing" thing eh?:tongue

Insuperable
08-25-2012, 11:52 PM
@Onur
Will you ever get tired of your bullshit?
You trying to connect everything with something Turkic or Turkish is becoming kind of stupid.
We all know your agenda but it is funny to watch your inspiration sometimes

Onur
08-26-2012, 12:07 AM
:picard1:Will you eventually conclude in something? A Turk claims he is Cuman, that he is blond with blue eyes, a Romanian says he had greek eyes and he was short, another one says he is Goth-Skandinavian:picard1: I smell that you are propagating political views here, instead of sheer historical interest.
He claims that he was a Scandinavian but mine is not a claim but it`s a fact.

The royal house of Basarab (Basar-oba in Turkic) has been found in 14th century. They were Cumans and they founded the very first Wallachian state in the world just as the Bulgar Turks created Bulgaria in Danube. And Romanul claims that the direct grandson of the Cuman king Basaroba is a Scandinavian. I don't know how he managed to claim something like this, ask him. He only said that it`s because his hair was red and eyes blue :)

Insuperable
08-26-2012, 12:12 AM
He claims that he was a Scandinavian but mine is not a claim but it`s a fact.

The royal house of Basarab (Basar-oba in Turkic) has been found in 14th century. They were Cumans and they founded the very first Wallachian state in the world just as the Bulgar Turks created Bulgaria in Danube. And Romanul claims that the direct grandson of the Cuman king Basaroba is a Scandinavian. I don't know how he managed to claim something like this, ask him. He only said that it`s because his hair was red and eyes blue :)

:picard1::picard1:

Zmey Gorynych
08-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Looks like a poorly painted Dinarid with a CM influence. I see that claiming each others famous people is the second most popular thing in the Balkans.

PS: his grandfather also looks like a Dinarid despite his fairer pigmentation

vladandrew
08-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Well my statements are based on pure texts this is how Vlad the Impaler was described by Nicholas of Modrussa, who wrote:

He was not very tall, but very stocky and strong, with a cruel and terrible appearance, a long straight nose, distended nostrils, a thin and reddish face in which the large wide-open green eyes were enframed by bushy black eyebrows, which made them appear threatening. His face and chin were shaven but for a moustache. The swollen temples increased the bulk of his head. A bull's neck supported the head, from which black curly locks were falling to his wide-shouldered person.

i am not a propagandist like others here are

vladandrew
08-26-2012, 10:51 AM
The Very first Romanian state was the voivodship of Gelou the Transylvanian principality,and the voivodship of Litovoi and his brother Barbat my friend,as it is known today in history

vladandrew
08-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Vlad the Impaler and the hosue of Basarab is considered a Romanian house and they are considered Romanians,the rest who claim they were goths,turks,slavs,persians or amerindians are nothing more than mentally ill or propagandists

Dacul
08-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Mircea the Elder was the grandson of the Cuman founder of Wallachian state in 14th century. So he was a christianized Cuman Turk by origin.

His blue eyes, red hair doesn't mean he was a Scandinavian. Cumans was already famous with their blond appearance. Even the word Cuman means blondish.

These are just their christian names they took after their baptism or when they ascended to the throne. But most of these early Cuman rulers in 13-14th century also had their own true Turkic names. Some of them are still known today.

It was same for the Cuman rulers of the 2nd Bulgarian kingdom. They are known with their christian names like Boris, Vladimir etc. but the earlier rulers also had their own Turkic names too.

He was not any cuman.
The description shows him as of gothic descent,Vlad.
Propagandists are those who are denying that most romanian admixture is northwestern+ balto-urals+caucasian,which at most romanians makes over 75% of their genetics!
thracians=scandinavians+slavs,so northwestern+balto-urals.
Dacians=iranic people so caucasian admixture.

Atlantid and med admixture are very few in usual romanian.
Usual romanian find even Milano climate too warm for him to support it.
And Milano is one of the most coldest place in Italy.

Romanians have very few/none central asian + east asian admixture which shows that sadly,we did not mixed with cumans.

vladandrew
08-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Why do you consider that Thracians were scandinavians this is absolutely ridiculous and has no logic?when people migrated to Europe they stopped in the balkans and eastern Europe they didn't arrived in Scandinavia from the fertile crescent.There is no such thing as scandinavia,all nations in Europe are mixed you can't say thracians are slavs or scandinavians because slavs and norse are themselves mixed

vladandrew
08-26-2012, 11:11 AM
He was a goth HAHAHAH that's really funny?i do not care at all about what phenotypes people have,i care about nationalism and patriotism,we are all very mixed,Mircea the Elder and Vlad the Impaler were absolutely Romanian,Dacians were not iranic

Dacul
08-26-2012, 11:17 AM
He was a goth HAHAHAH that's really funny?i do not care at all about what phenotypes people have,i care about nationalism and patriotism,we are all very mixed,Mircea the Elder and Vlad the Impaler were absolutely Romanian,Dacians were not iranic

Goths are part of forming of romanian people.
I said he had mostly gothic ancestry,yes.
As for dacians iranic people,I suggest you go read some history,starting with "Pierit-au dacii" by mr Hasdeu and also look on some autosomal tests.
Also,go take a look at how people from north Iran are looking you find identical faces at some romanian peasants.
Dacians were related to sarmatians which no one doubts were iranic people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatians
Look what Ovidius tells about dacians,that they were very closed to sarmatians.

vladandrew
08-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Yes you are right EVERYONE WAS TURKISH Stalin,Che Guevara,Genghis Khan,Roosevelt,Hitler,Mussolini,Vlad the Impaler lool,Mickey Mouse,Charlie Chaplin all were Ottomans in disguise

Onur
08-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Vlad the Impaler and the hosue of Basarab is considered a Romanian house and they are considered Romanians,the rest who claim they were goths,turks,slavs,persians or amerindians are nothing more than mentally ill or propagandists
It was Romanian only by geographical connection. The place you called as Romania was formerly Cumania before 13th century and it was recognized as such by the catholic Papacy too.

Educate yourselves before entering any argument about this issue;
http://books.google.com/books?id=7DJWyg97IggC&lpg=PP1&pg=PA134

vladandrew
08-26-2012, 11:21 AM
The Iranian people themselves were very mixed you cannot say the Dacians were Iranians it's like saying the Scottish are Germanic

vladandrew
08-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Geographical?they speaked Romanian,they were Orthodox(cumans were catholic),they ruled over wallachia a Romanian principality,how were they turks?you are pathetic and typical pan-turanist propagandist with no history knowledge what so ever,cumans were not turks just like the Spanish are not French even if they descend from Romanised Celts

Insuperable
08-26-2012, 11:25 AM
@Onur
You claim everything like you have been there.
Stop talking in a definitie sense.
That family was most likely of Romanian origin

vladandrew
08-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Be carefull or they will claim soon enough that croatians are actually turkish lol

Dacul
08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Romanians also have some celtic ancestry,lol.
Forgot that.But average romanian have over 50% northwestern admixture + balto uralic admixture - that means we are nordish nation also.
Meh.

Insuperable
08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Be carefull or they will claim soon enough that croatians are actually turkish lol

He already posted something about Avars lol

Onur
08-26-2012, 11:31 AM
nvm, involving a discussion with a bunch of balkanites was a mistake as always

Insuperable
08-26-2012, 11:35 AM
A Turk adressing in a superior way, a joke of a millenia

vladandrew
08-26-2012, 11:35 AM
You probably believe the mongols,japanese,koreans and tibetans plus the Bhutanese are turkic too right?

kvarc
08-26-2012, 03:28 PM
You probably believe the mongols,japanese,koreans and tibetans plus the Bhutanese are turkic too right?

one Turk a knew personally also mentioned Indians :D

Anusiya
08-27-2012, 03:59 AM
nvm, involving a discussion with a bunch of balkanites was a mistake as always

Makes you wish you never laid foot here, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

accepthetruth
08-27-2012, 04:35 AM
wow, I made this for classification and instead i get a bunch of romanian history made by armchair historians, which I can read about elsewhere, and more of the usual stock that the apricity has to offer : bullshit bickering between balkans and turks, all who are equally boring. get over it . This is not worth the 1000 pop up notifications.

MODS: please close this thread, as no one wants to classify the painting of Vlad Tepes, and even it was painted or thought up by germans, looks more menacing anyways.

Neanderthal
08-27-2012, 04:38 AM
Dinarid, approaching to Iranid in leptomorphism and hypertrophy.

rashka
08-27-2012, 04:49 AM
I think it says in Wikipedia that his grandmother was Greek - Lady Calinica. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calinica)

Anusiya
10-08-2012, 02:45 AM

Well, he was no Romanian either :coffee:...

Sophie
10-08-2012, 02:48 AM
He looks pretty typical for the Balkans region.

FilhoV
08-23-2017, 11:37 AM
The agendas on this thread. Typical anthro faggit bullshit

DarknessWin
08-23-2017, 12:52 PM
Vlad belong to EV13 haplo, so he is native Balkanian ,
original Dacian

He was a Hero

itilvolga
08-23-2017, 01:55 PM

Yeah, also Basarab is a word with Cuman/Pecheneg origin (Turkic)

RN97
08-23-2017, 02:02 PM

Basarab's name is of Turkic origin.[7][8] Its first part is the present participle for the verb bas- ("press, rule, govern"); the second part matches the Turkic honorific title aba or oba ("father, elder kinsman"), which can be recognized in Cuman names, such as Terteroba, Arslanapa and Ursoba.[9] Basarab's name implies that he was of Cuman or Pecheneg ancestry, but this hypothesis has not been proven.[8][10][11] At least four royal charters from the 14th century refer to Basarab as a Vlach.[12] Charles I of Hungary referred to him as "Basarab, our disloyal Vlach" in 1332.[1][11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basarab_I_of_Wallachia

The absence of Eastern Asian lineages in the Basarab men can be interpreted as a lack of evidence for a Cuman origin of the Basarab dynasty, although it cannot be positively ruled out.
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0041803

you should worry more about the amount of Turkish persons of significance with non-Turkish origin. Vlad Tepes was Romanian.

Lollipop
08-23-2017, 02:03 PM
Vlad belong to EV13 haplo, so he is native Balkanian ,
original Dacian

He was a Hero

He did not belong to EV13.It's a myth.Latest descendent from Basarab house died more than 400 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basarab_I_of_Wallachia

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0041803

you should worry more about the amount of Turkish persons of significance with non-Turkish origin. Vlad Tepes was Romanian.

romanians today named Basarab are not related with the Basarab house.

DarknessWin
08-23-2017, 02:03 PM

Yeah , all the world its turkish.
Turkish dna spread to the world like a virus

But tell me something , turks were mongoloids east asians.
But modern day Turkish population are mostly Armenoids and Anatolids , native population

So you are turks only in the name , in reallity you are caucasians and anatolians.
Cant find real turks in modern turkey but you say that Romanians are Turks ???
This is really a great joke

Lollipop
08-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Vlad tepes did not look like the paintings from the Habsburg era.They are made up with no basis in reality.

[Vlad] was not very tall, but very stocky and strong, with a cold and terrible appearance, a strong and aquiline nose, swollen nostrils, a thin and reddish face in which the very long eyelashes framed large wide-open green eyes; the bushy black eyebrows made them appear threatening. His face and chin were shaven, but for a moustache. The swollen temples increased the bulk of his head. A bull's neck connected [with] his head from which black curly locks hung on his wide-shouldered person.

Niccolò Modrussa's description of Vlad the Impaler/

DarknessWin
08-23-2017, 02:05 PM
He did not belong to EV13.It's a myth.Latest descendent from Basarab house died more than 400 years ago.

All great conquerors of the past millennium belong to EV13

Hitler,Alexander,Napoleon,Mussolini,Vlap tepes

and also the best minds like Einstein ,Wright Brothers etc

Lollipop
08-23-2017, 02:07 PM
All great conquerors of the past millennium belong to EV13

Hitler,Alexander,Napoleon,Mussolini

and also the best minds like Einstein ,Wright Brothers etc

I don't give a shit.Vlad was not EV13.

RN97
08-23-2017, 02:07 PM
Vlad tepes did not look like the paintings from the VIctorian era.They are made up with no basis in reality.

Niccolò Modrussa's description of Vlad the Impaler/

http://i.imgur.com/ex5TNky.jpg
A woodcut depicting Vlad on the title page of a German pamphlet about him, published in Nuremberg in 1488

Lollipop
08-23-2017, 02:08 PM
A woodcut depicting Vlad on the title page of a German pamphlet about him, published in Nuremberg in 1488

He looked similar to that maybe, but not this.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg/1200px-Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg

itilvolga
08-23-2017, 02:12 PM
Yeah , all the world its turkish.
Turkish dna spread to the world like a virus

But tell me something , turks were mongoloids east asians.
But modern day Turkish population are mostly Armenoids and Anatolids , native population

So you are turks only in the name , in reallity you are caucasians and anatolians.
Cant find real turks in modern turkey but you say that Romanians are Turks ???
This is really a great joke

Can't find? Well, you can find many real Turks in Turkey, your little race only have one common phenotype so you think like all Turks have strong Mongoloid features as Kipchak Turks :picard1: Well, our great race has many phenotypes because also we live in many different geographies (adaptaion) and Oghuz Turks are half Europid half Mongoloid for sure. Now, you can come here and look at our people. You will find many "real Turks" with that description :thumb001:

DarknessWin
08-23-2017, 02:14 PM
Can't find? Well, you can find many real Turks in Turkey, your little race only have one common phenotype so you think like all Turks have strong Mongoloid features as Kipchak Turks :picard1: Well, our great race has many phenotypes because also we live in many different geographies (adaptaion) and Oghuz Turks are half Europid half Mongoloid for sure. Now, you can come here and look at our people. You will find many "real Turks" with that description :thumb001:

90% of modern turks are Anatolids .LOL

DarknessWin
08-23-2017, 02:17 PM
I don't give a shit.Vlad was not EV13.

they took a sample from his family and it was EV13
FFS

Lollipop
08-23-2017, 02:25 PM
FFS

No, they did not.Basarab's house died 400 years ago.They only tested romanians with the name Basarab.

Voskos
08-23-2017, 02:27 PM
Cromagnid.

Luca
08-23-2017, 03:44 PM
FFS

You have a source on that?

itilvolga
08-23-2017, 03:55 PM
90% of modern turks are Anatolids .LOL

Anatolian Greeks (from Smyrna, Constantinople, Cap. etc) are clearly Anatolids, we are not... Also when Turks came to Anatolia, there is only 9 million Anatolians and today, our popualtion is 80 million, how much we can be Anatolids for your math skills lmao you talk about Armenian and Greek people who thinks like they're Turkish (because of Ottoman's political way about "one nation")
Typical Anatolian Turk
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/56/b8/ce/56b8ce2f891b7a8504a8e6ca1805515d.jpg

Typical Anatolian Greek
http://cdn-pictures.namez.com/pictures/270/cropped/2eGiyI-kh17_c3Vp_wkdBNHKAycjLiXiPJt1UeC9B70HAIjABPuU2ykWg 4dzTrVrlUEKostas-Mitroglou.jpg

DarknessWin
08-23-2017, 04:12 PM
Anatolian Greeks (from Smyrna, Constantinople, Cap. etc) are clearly Anatolids, we are not... Also when Turks came to Anatolia, there is only 9 million Anatolians and today, our popualtion is 80 million, how much we can be Anatolids for your math skills lmao you talk about Armenian and Greek people who thinks like they're Turkish (because of Ottoman's political way about "one nation")
Typical Anatolian Turk
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/56/b8/ce/56b8ce2f891b7a8504a8e6ca1805515d.jpg

Typical Anatolian Greek
http://cdn-pictures.namez.com/pictures/270/cropped/2eGiyI-kh17_c3Vp_wkdBNHKAycjLiXiPJt1UeC9B70HAIjABPuU2ykWg 4dzTrVrlUEKostas-Mitroglou.jpg

There not exist anatolian Greeks, its just Hellenized and this man is turkish actually with turkish surname

9 million anatolians while Turks were about just half a million riders from steppes LOL

Anatolid phenotype actually dont exist in modern Greece while Turkey is full of Anatolids,
what you try to hide bitch ???

Odin
08-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Dinarid.

ovidiu
04-11-2018, 03:21 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg

He seems to have a strongly Taurid physiognomy in that famous painting (Dinarid almost leaning toward Armenoid), with that typical bony emaciated facial structure. He might not have looked that exaggeratedly so though in reality.

----

I wonder about the supposed Turkic/Pecheneg/Cuman/Kipchak origins of the House of Basarab. Even though the name is of that origin that they don't really appear that way for the most part. And sources of the time all unanimously referred to them as Vlachs.

If you look at contemporary depictions of them, the founder of the house, Basarab I, and other early members of the family did not look Turkic/Turanid at all but rather native southeast European

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/Basarab_I_of_Wallachia.jpg

Radu Negru

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Negru.Voda.pictura.jpg

Radu I

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Radu_I.jpg

Mircea I of Wallachia who ruled a century before Vlad the Impaler

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/MirceatheElder.jpg

Michael I

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/Mircea_and_Mihail.jpg

Mihai Viteazu from the Draculesti line, stemming from Vlad II Dracul, father of Vlad Tepes

http://storage0.dms.mpinteractiv.ro/media/1/1/4728/16799332/2/mihai-viteazul.jpg?width=605

Roman I, son of the founder of the Musatin dynasty of Moldavia, closely related to the Basarab family and of ultimately Wallachian origins probably

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/56/Roman_I_Musat.jpg/800px-Roman_I_Musat.jpg

Alexander the Good

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Fresco_of_Alexander_the_Good_and_his_consort_Lady_ Ana%2C_Sucevi%C5%A3a_Monastery%2C_Romania_%2816th_ century%29.jpg

Stefan I

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/Stamp_of_Moldova_345.gif

Stefan III the Great

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NTO-C-zX6wc/ThSTKpRwS0I/AAAAAAAATUw/To8GxFNdCI4/s1600/Icoana%2BStefan%2Bcel%2BMare.jpg
(almost looks kind of like George Harrison or something lol)

I'm not saying that there were no rulers of this origin there; there certainly were chieftains of these peoples before the formation of Wallachia in the 13th century. And it is possible that if you go further back in time in the Basarab family they may have some partial or distant origin from them. Or maybe they just adopted their name because of the influence that they had as a ruling elite stratum in the region. Who knows. I guess they won't allow an actual DNA test done on the remains.

I think a similar case may have applied for Peter and Asen the founders of the Second Bulgarian empire. They supposedly had some Vlach connections or roots.

NSXD60
04-11-2018, 03:49 AM
John Smithoid
http://i67.tinypic.com/16hneza.jpg

The Blade
04-11-2018, 01:35 PM
Noble man. He seems to have been Dinaric.

Wrong
04-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Textbook Dinaric according to the famous painting.

ЛыSSый
04-11-2018, 01:39 PM
ordinary steppen hohol. nothing interesting

nightrider+
04-11-2018, 01:46 PM
He looks inbred more than anything. The moustache can't hide the strong mandibular prognathism.

Wrong
04-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Dinaro-Alpine according to this description:

A good description of Vlad Dracula survives, courtesy of Nicholas of Modrussa, who wrote:

He was not very tall, but very stocky and strong, with a cruel and terrible appearance, a long straight nose, distended nostrils, a thin and reddish face in which the large wide-open green eyes were enframed by bushy black eyebrows, which made them appear threatening. His face and chin were shaven but for a moustache. The swollen temples increased the bulk of his head. A bull's neck supported the head, from which black curly locks were falling to his wide-shouldered person.

TrevorXdX
06-10-2021, 02:24 PM
Pred. Dinarid