PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Zardoz
07-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi,

A friend of mine recommended this site to me and, after having a look around, I see that it was a good recommendation on my friend's part. :)

I hope that I can both learn from and contribute to this site. I'm glad to be here!

Zardoz

Loki
07-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Another Canadian - welcome! :)

Jamt
07-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Welcome here Zardoz. What does Zardoz mean?

Vulpix
07-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Hi and welcome Zardoz :wave!

Beorn
07-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Another Canadian - welcome! :)

When's the hunting season?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.greendaily.com/media/2009/03/putin-hunting-seal-ban.jpg

LOL! Nah, you're alright me old mucker. Good to see you joined up. Welcome to the Apricity! :)

anonymaus
07-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Hello! Your name reminds me of a rather disturbing visual.

http://geekofalltrades.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/zardoz.jpg

Perhaps you should just change it to Hirsute :D

Aemma
07-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Heya Zardoz, welcome here. Nice to see another Canuck on board! Are you a friend of Beornie's then? :) Please make yourself at home, poke around (though you have been already it seems ;)) and jump right in!

Cheers for now!...Aemma :)

Psychonaut
07-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Howdy! :wave:

Zardoz
07-05-2009, 12:30 AM
So, let's see, I'm a hatchling in a red diaper being hunted by Vladimir Putin...good start! :eek:

Jamt, Zardoz is a sci-fi movie from the early 1970s, anonymaus has posted a pic of the star (Sean Connery); it's a cult film, you either love it or hate it, I love it!

Aemma, it was actually someone else who invited me. I'll leave it to him to let the forum know if he wants, either way, I'm glad that he brought this site to my attention. Good to see Canuckville so well represented! :thumb001:

Thank you, Loki, Foxie and Psychonaut for the warm welcome!

Zardoz

Loyalist
07-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Finally another Anglo-Saxon Canadian; we might just catch up to our Frankish and Norman countrymen after all. ;)

Welcome to the Apricity!

The Lawspeaker
07-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Welcome aboard, Zardoz. :smilie_flagge17:
We have a great number of Canucks right here- one of them pretty influential so I am sure you'll fit right in.

Please tell us a bit more about yourself ?

Birka
07-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Welcome, and as a Penguin fan, thanks for the Canadian ice hockey players.

Osweo
07-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Owdo, ZArdoz! :yo:

And Hello, red underpants high boots nightmares!

Zardoz
07-05-2009, 01:17 AM
Thank you for the welcome, Loyalist. Loyal She Remains! :thumb001:

Birka, glad the Pens won! Maybe next year the Leafs...um, never mind...

Lawspeaker, what would you like to know? I love to read (I've always thought that the best novels come from England, France and Russia), I'm a political junkie, I love history. I've never been in trouble with the law. I work for a living. I've been to university, if that counts for anything. I've lived in Canada and the States and have travelled a bit. I speak reasonably good French, passable Russian, can say "Please", "Thank you" and introduce myself in German and can order beer and swear in Hungarian (it's a long story on that last one! lol)

Hope that helps, I'm getting writer's cramp! :D

Zardoz
07-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Thank you, Oswiu! Yes, the red underpants were a great hit at work; strange though, no one sits with me at lunch now...

Thorum
07-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Glad to see you made it. You will make a fine addition to the odds and sods here.

:p

Jump in and have fun!!

http://patrifriedman.com/gallery/hot_tub/hot_tub.jpg

Lady L
07-05-2009, 01:25 AM
Hello and Welcome :)

Osweo
07-05-2009, 01:27 AM
'Пассабль' а? Молодец!

У тебя хороший вкус в делах литературе, а знаещь: я никогда в жизне не читал французский роман! :-О Где начинать?

Прожил ли тъи несколько лет среди руссище швейнами? Я сам работал там почти 10.

Zardoz
07-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Thanks Thorum and Lady Lyfing! :)

Beorn
07-05-2009, 01:33 AM
http://patrifriedman.com/gallery/hot_tub/hot_tub.jpg

Is that picture actually related to you, Thorum? As 'me' is a female! :confused:

Zardoz
07-05-2009, 01:36 AM
'Пассабль' а? Молодец!

У тебя хороший вкус в делах литературе, а знаещь: я никогда в жизне не читал французский роман! :-О Где начинать?

Прожил ли тъи несколько лет среди руссище швейнами? Я сам работал там почти 10.

Thanks! Russian literature is easily among the best in the world, in my opinion! Where to begin with French literature? Try "Madam Bovary", it's one of my favourites, or try Camus if have an Existentialist bent :)

I've never lived or worked in Russia, I did visit once and would love to go back some time!

The Lawspeaker
07-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Lawspeaker, what would you like to know? I love to read (I've always thought that the best novels come from England, France and Russia), I'm a political junkie, I love history. I've never been in trouble with the law. I work for a living. I've been to university, if that counts for anything. I've lived in Canada and the States and have travelled a bit. I speak reasonably good French, passable Russian, can say "Please", "Thank you" and introduce myself in German and can order beer and swear in Hungarian (it's a long story on that last one! lol)

Everything down to the number of your PIN :D Nah- what are your ideas on preservationism ? What field of history are you particularly interested in and ... how the heck did you learn to swear in Hungarian ? ;)

Zardoz
07-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Everything down to the number of your PIN :D Nah- what are your ideas on preservationism ? What field of history are you particularly interested in and ... how the heck did you learn to swear in Hungarian ? ;)

I knew it! A data mining operation! :eek:

On a more serious note, I believe that every race except the white race seems to be able to have a group of their own. People of European stock seem to be treated differently and have even internalized guilt about our past mistakes (every race has made mistakes in the past, only we punish ourselves). I am not Politically Correct and I believe that PC thinking is very dangerous for Europe, Canada, the States, Australia and New Zealand.

History? I'm very interested in both World Wars (really just the same war with a 20 year break). I like Canadian history, Russian history, American history...

Okay. I learned to swear in Hungarian about 20 years ago because I had a Hungarian friend who went back to Hungary for a visit and I asked to tag along. I got to see Budapest, Lake Balaton, Pecs, etc. I learned some choice words on that trip lol.

Brynhild
07-05-2009, 04:07 AM
G'Day from Australia, and welcome to the forum!

Tolleson
07-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Birka, glad the Pens won! Maybe next year the Leafs...um, never mind...

Holy Crap...Not a Laffs fan. :eek: There has to be a virtual Apricity Vaccine for that "condition" required when signing up. I'm going to chat with the Admins about this one. :D

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay. :wavey001:

There can never be too many Canucks. :thumb001:

Zardoz
07-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks Brynhild! Hope all is well Down Under!

Don't worry Tolleson, I'm under no delusions about the Leafs, I'm just a bit of a dreamer... ;)

Germanicus
07-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Welcome Zardoz:)

Zardoz
07-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Welcome Zardoz:)

Thank you, Germanicus! :)

Tony
07-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi,

A friend of mine recommended this site to me and, after having a look around, I see that it was a good recommendation on my friend's part. :)

I hope that I can both learn from and contribute to this site. I'm glad to be here!

Zardoz
Hi Zardoz , glad to see you're speaking to us , the chosen ones ;)

kbGVIdA3dx0

Frigga
07-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Welcome!

I love the movie Zardoz!!! :D

Basically, I just love John Boorman films! :D ;)

sturmwalkure
07-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi! Welcome to the Apricity Zardoz! :)

Zardoz
07-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Hi Zardoz , glad to see you're speaking to us , the chosen ones ;)

kbGVIdA3dx0

:thumb001: Thanks for the trailer and for the welcome! Zardoz was truly a great movie! I have it on DVD as part of my sci-fi collection.

Zardoz
07-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Welcome!

I love the movie Zardoz!!! :D

Basically, I just love John Boorman films! :D ;)

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to send you a loaf of green bread and a copy of The Wizard of Oz! :D

Zardoz
07-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Hi! Welcome to the Apricity Zardoz! :)

Thanks! It's great to find a place that I feel comfortable in!

Groenewolf
07-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Welcome.

Zardoz
07-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Welcome.

Thank you! :)

Tolleson
07-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Don't worry Tolleson, I'm under no delusions about the Leafs, ... ;)

Nor I of the Sens! :thumb001: