PDA

View Full Version : What do you feed your dog/cat?

Skandi
08-26-2012, 07:15 PM
A question that comes up regulaly on pet forums.. but the replies are very biased I think so wondering what will be the answer here, if you use more than one pick the main :)

Kazimiera
08-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I feed my cat Hill's kibbles. And shredded tuna in salt water. I've tried getting her to eat other things too but the tuna is her favourite for some reason.

Germanicus
08-26-2012, 09:31 PM
We feed our dogs Pero SBT it's especially designed for Staffies.

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n449/ruffusruffcut/pero-staff_bull_terrier.jpg

ficuscarica
08-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Our dogs get the heads and lower legs as well as the intestines of wild boar and deer. Sometimes they get regular dog food or our old food (esp. meat ofc) when we don´t have these game leftovers.

They love wild boar heads... better don´t try to take a head away from them. :D
It is a hilarious sight when a dachshund carries around a wild boar head almost as big as the dog himself. ;)

Mechanolater
08-26-2012, 09:49 PM
I eat meat just about every day, so whenever I make lunch I just prepare a little extra for the dog. She eats alot of chicken, beef, and pork. She won't touch dog food. I've tried all kinds, she just won't eat any of it.

MandM
08-26-2012, 09:58 PM
i feed my dog BARF" Bones And Raw Food"

The Lawspeaker
08-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Thread title changed at the OT's request. Carry on, please. :)

Caismeachd
08-27-2012, 12:45 AM
If I had the time and effort I would always feed chicken breast, rice and flax oil. (I would do that occasionally for my dog as a treat). But I would buy natural health food made of quality components. I forget the name of the brand. I wouldn't buy any commercial dog food. Especially after what happened with the pet food poisoning a few years ago.

I think this is the brand I used to get my dog but I can't remember http://www.bynaturepetfoods.com/productpages/organicdog.php

Svipdag
10-16-2012, 01:57 AM
IAMS dry cat food is always available in a gravity feeder. She can have as much of it as she wants whenever she wants it. She seems to like all flavors of the regular IAMS dry food equally, so I just grab whatever comes to hand when I'm shopping.

Every evening she gets a small can (3 oz.) of Fancy Feast wet cat food. She has definite likes and dislikes in this area. I have found four flavors which delight her: Whitefish & cheddar cheese, chicken and cheddar cheese, tuna and cheddar cheese, and turkey and cheddar cheese.So, I alternate them throughout the week.

She disdains chicken and turkey without cheddar cheese and will not touch beef or liver. She enjoys all fish flavors, but not equally. Oddly enough, she is not enthusiastic about trout, which smells so good, I'd eat it myself.

"Chacun a son gout." - Montaigne, after a French proverb

Lábaru
10-16-2012, 02:12 AM
http://media.mediazs.com/bilder/orijen/con/pescado/pienso/para/gatos/2/300/132054_orijen_fish_cat_2.jpg

and little pieces of my fillets of turkey.

Annihilus
10-16-2012, 02:17 AM
Raw commercial and home cooked, cats and dogs eat the same.

rhiannon
10-16-2012, 02:20 AM
We have 7 cats, 2 dogs I can't stand, and 4 kids requiring varying amounts of financial support. There is no way we could afford to give the pets anything high end. We stick with Purina products on the most part.

Blackout
10-16-2012, 02:59 AM
Raw meat.

Frosty
10-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Dried or wet commercial.
I have already 5 neutered cats so i try to give them food especially for castrates to avoid urinary problems,but it depends on month budget.Never feed with raw meat or bones because of worms invasions.

Tabiti
10-16-2012, 06:36 AM
My cat eats exactly one brand of dried commercials and one brand of wet commercials. He only changes tastes like "chicken with peas", "beef with carrots", "fish with carrots" and so on. You can place in front of him meat, milk, fish, eggs or even other brand of commercials and there's no reaction. However, sometimes he tries chocolate?:picard2:
My dog has gum problems and eats only wet commercials. She eats everything in general, but we give her dog commercials, sometimes chicken meat, livers, egg yolks and so.

Dacul
10-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Lol got more cats (3 pieces) ,so they eat both dried and wet cat food.
Also,my mom feeds them with cooked meat and milk and raw fish lolz.