PDA

View Full Version : Flying to Russia

Thorum
07-07-2009, 02:07 PM
My wife and our two girls (22 months and 3 years) are flying this Sunday to my wife's hometown of Blagoveschensk (far East Russia). Almost 9,000 miles (14,000km)!! Each leg of the flight will be roughly 9 hours. It is going to be rough with it just being her and the 2 girls.

Anyone like to give us tips, pointers or suggestions on ways to make such a long flight easier? We are bringing a small DVD player so far for the kids...

:)

Angantyr
07-07-2009, 10:36 PM
If you are flying by Aeroflot, particularly via Moscow, they usually have the sense not to sit Russians beside non-whites, even without asking. That always struck me as one of the most customer conscious things an airline could provide.

I have never travelled with children to Russia, though. However, I would suggest that you bring lots of Cheerios for the kids and aspirin for yourselves.

Psychonaut
07-07-2009, 11:32 PM
When we flew to Hawaii it was about a nine hour flight too. We gave Merrick a dose of Benadryl when we got on the plane and he ended up sleeping for the bulk of the trip. :)

SwordoftheVistula
07-08-2009, 04:05 AM
Dunno about the kids. On long flights I just skip sleeping the night before, and then drink alcohol before the flight, so I pass out and sleep the entire time. Maybe your wife at least can do this.