PDA

View Full Version : How did you meet your partner?

Mary
10-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Was it love at first sight? Was it a shotgun wedding? Did you lure them to your place and put them in a well in your backyard? Tell us your stories!

Hurrem sultana
10-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Aww mary finally opens a normal thread.Tell us your story!

Mary
10-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Aww mary finally opens a normal thread.Tell us your story!

I will I just figured I would let someone else go first.

Frigga
10-10-2012, 10:57 PM
I was doing the dance club scene at a local honky tonk bar that allowed 18-20 year olds, and one of my friends brought him with her, as he was the best friend of her intended, who was at basic training. I didn't think much of him as I was in a bad relationship with someone else. That went sour a few weeks later, and when talking with that friend, she mentioned the guy that she had brought to the bar, and told me that he had really liked me. I was surprised, as I didn't think of myself as a catch, and had thought of him as a bit of a dork. But I called him, and left my pager number. He called me back within the hour. That was over 12 years ago, and we've been together ever since. Even if he does drive me batshit crazy half the time. :D

Mary
10-10-2012, 11:55 PM
We met in high school, chemistry class. I was very attracted to him from the beginning. I suggested we do homework together and invited him to my place. I was trying to get him into bed but he refused. He said I wasn't ready because I was a virgin. Then he didn't sleep with me for 6 months. That sucked. In the end I did get laid and we're still together until this day.

Leadchucker
10-11-2012, 01:02 AM
It's as though it was supposed to be, no googly eyed story or big drama, it just happened. We met in 9th grade high school class in 1966 and have been together since. :blink:

Ozzy
10-11-2012, 02:49 AM
Well, first, it came down to the realization that I'd be forever alone. And then I sort of.. looked down at my hand.. and I don't know if it was love at first sight, but we've grown quite attached since that day. I'd like to be buried together, but hopefully I die first..

rhiannon
10-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Match.com back in 2002. I thought he was kind of dorky in a very sweet way....he really took to me and in the end, broke me down rather fast. We married a little over a year later:)

Tabiti
10-11-2012, 07:08 AM
I usually wait until sunset...in some dark corner or behind a tree...

Talvi
10-11-2012, 07:16 AM
I met my current boyfriend in the smoking room of my favourite bar.

Absinthe
10-11-2012, 09:32 AM
I met my current BF on Facebook, we were both on a Julius Evola admiration group and he added me.

I was in an unhappy relationship at the time, with a guy in his 40s who was an awesome guy as a person and a friend, but overall uninterested in love and commitment (he was a Buddhist who believed against any form of commitment to people or places).

The dude who added me on FB was, on the other hand, a decade younger than myself. I would have never thought this would be possible as in my life I was never attracted to younger men, considered them immature and uninteresting.

Nevertheless we became friends from Facebook, started chatting a lot, and then we started meeting and grew very fond of each other (I did not see him sexually at the time, but I admired him for his maturity and knowledge, which were remarkable for someone his age).

He expressed a love interest in me but I made it clear from the first encounter that I am in a relationship with another man. As we knew each other better, I confided the details of my relationship and he even offered me advice on how to handle it.

At some point we slipped and slept together, during a period where my regular partner and I had silently fallen out, even though we had not openly discussed the end of our relationship, but it was certainly implied by his disappearance.

The love interest of a much younger, very handsome and intelligent man flattered me. We dated for a short period of time during which my normal boyfriend was entirely absent and indifferent.

Then, at some point, my former boyfriend re-appeared in my life and asked for reunification.

I weighed things and decided that even though I was smitten with the young guy, the older guy, due to his age, and overall life circumstances, would be a better candidate for a long term relationship and potentially marriage, than the younger dude who was merely a student at the time.
Plus, I had been very in love with the older guy in the past, and had spent a year with him, so this relationship seemed like a better investment.

So I explained my decision to the younger guy and he entirely respected it. He never bothered me after we broke it off.

We spent three months apart, during which, my reunification with the older guy sucked. It very soon became apparent that he was no longer interested in me sexually, and that his only reason for reuniting was insecurity and the fear of growing old alone.

I also grew to miss my former lover more and more, and eventually came in contact with him, only to see how he is doing.
He confessed that he had been having a rough time coping with my absence and that he missed me as well.

So that was that - we met, we realized we had been in love the whole time, we are together eversince, for more than two years.

I dumped the other guy in 30 seconds over coffee and cookies, saying that it is obvious that our love interest has died and there is no point in beating a dead horse.

Me and the younger guy became an item and we are still very caring of each other, he has been extremely supportive and strong by my side and for that reason I cherish him, even though we both know that this relationship has no long term future.
Besides, our life plans are different (plans I do not want to reveal here) so we just try to make the best of our experience while it last, until the time comes that our ways will part :)

And that, is my soap opera. :p

Corvus
10-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Nowhere. That`s the problem :rolleyes:

Tarja
10-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I enjoyed it.

Han Cholo
10-11-2012, 10:59 AM
I deleted 2 posts: a unnecesary trolling one-liner and the follow-up answer. Please keep on topic and don't make these kind of stupid remarks if you don't have substantial question about the stories or if you lack a love storie to share.

Arthas
10-12-2012, 04:48 AM
I haven't got a current partner.

The last time I met a potential partner was on a Geography field trip to this campsite thing, there was a socially awkward but somewhat cute girl there from another school that we did activities with, but because we were both socially awkward neither of us said anything to each other. Then there's also the fact that she lived over 100 miles away from me so nothing would ever have come from it anyway.

Strong female:male ratio in this thread...

Mortimer
10-12-2012, 04:56 AM
didnt met her yet

PetiteParisienne
10-12-2012, 09:49 PM
We met at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 2008. :love:

Virtuous
10-12-2012, 09:52 PM
meh...

Mans not hot
10-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Sexcam.

Germanicus
10-12-2012, 09:59 PM
I had been in hospital for several weeks, I was taken to a new ward several floors beneath the one I had been staying in.
A nurse on this new ward was very attractive, we got on we'll, we shared jokes and interacted in a friendly way.
On leaving hospital a few weeks later we said our goodbye.
In a supermarket a few months later I bumped into her again, we chatted and exchanged phone numbers, I promised to call her, which I did.
We went out for meals together for a while and both realised we had feelings for each other... The rest is history.

Aurora
10-12-2012, 10:09 PM
When I was 17 I went to buy some dried mangos at a health food store. I must have looked very good that day because when I first walked in a guy working there was sweeping and stopped to talk with me and he did compliment me. When I was waiting in line my husband was about to be my cashier, but another cashier opened and called me over. My husband told the bagger to ask for my phone number. She asked me and I said, "no" :) the bagger said, "he's reaaally nice." and I said "who is it?" I thought it was the guy that talked to me when I first walked in. She pointed to my husband and I thought he was very handsome, so I gave her my number to give to him. He called me that evening and it turned out he lived 3 blocks up the street from me. :) We've been together since and that was 9 years ago.
He said there was a light around me that day and he had never been so attracted to anyone like that before. Awwwwwwwwwww.

Queen B
10-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I met him in 2006, at first, indroducing each other from common friends. We were just going to dates for a couple of months, but neither of us seemed to try too much to something more than just dates.
(Dates -> Going out and share kisses, no sex involved)

After him I met my boyfriend of 5 years. During that he asked me to ''try again'', and always want to meet again, etc.

Some months ago, we spoke and I told him I m single again. He asked me to be together, and we are every since.

larali
10-12-2012, 10:16 PM
What up Mary?? lol.

I met my husband at a party at his apartment. He thought he was going to get some but did not. So he asked me on a date. HAHAHA

Atlas
10-13-2012, 07:20 PM
I encountered my left hand when I was 12. At the time my penis was so itchy I became interested in shaking him vigourously several times a day. Since then we've been great friends.

Sure there has been some girls here and there but none as faithful as my blessed left hand.

Kazimiera
10-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I met him in a pub. It had been about 8 months since I was widowed and my hormones were beginning to wake up again. I wanted to get laid and I wanted to get laid NOW. He looked okay so I walked up to him and asked him outright if he wants to "exchange bodily fluids". I think he was so dumbfounded that he said yes. We hit the sack and it was the worst sex I ever had.

I wanted to get rid of him after that because I wasn't interested in a relationship. I told him I just used him for sex and that he shouldn't take it too hard. But he was persistent and stuck around. And now we are happily married. Just for the record: the sex has improved.

:lol00002:

Melina
10-14-2012, 12:00 AM
I encountered my left hand when I was 12. At the time my penis was so itchy I became interested in shaking him vigourously several times a day. Since then we've been great friends.

Sure there has been some girls here and there but none as faithful as my blessed left hand.

DUde.. WTF..:picard1:

Kazimiera
10-14-2012, 12:02 AM

It's so nice to hear stories where you just know in advance that these two will stay together forever.

:love:

Melina
10-14-2012, 12:16 AM
It's so nice to hear stories where you just know in advance that these two will stay together forever.

:love:

Unless there is an accident and he looses his left hand.. :rolleyes:

Kazimiera
10-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Unless there is an accident and he looses his left hand.. :rolleyes:

Prosthetics. Feels like someone else! :D

Atlas
10-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Prosthetics. Feels like someone else! :D

If true, your story is pretty cool as well, starting off a casual sex and still together is something interesting to read.

Melina
10-14-2012, 12:35 AM
As for me, I have had a lot of opportunities to have a boyfriend but I am so focused on my college and work. I don't like socializing that much and I am a little quiet about my personal life. Never liked getting to close to men.

Kazimiera
10-14-2012, 12:35 AM
If true, your story is pretty cool as well, starting off a casual sex and still together is something interesting to read.

Yip. It's true. I'm the kind of person who doesn't believe in all this flirting and trying to read body language and that crap. I don't have this innate need to have a partner, so if my advances get blown off it's not a big deal. I don't have this tender little soul that will be crushed if someone doesn't want to do the funky monkey with me.

I believe in being straightforward. This way it leaves no room for misinterpretation. There isn't this wondering: did she/he mean it? did I just hear what I think she/he said?

No, I go the jugular from the first moment. And it works for me. Of course I have been told to get lost before. But that's the way life works. You win some you lose some. And you also can't expect to be everybody's type either. This way at least you know from the get-go whether the person is into you or not.

I picked up my first husband in pretty much the same manner. Except that instead of using the words "exchanging bodily fluids" I used "I have a proposition for you". He went for it. I also tried to get rid of him and he stuck around. He was quite persistent and I eventually gave in.

The method works for me. The idea is not to pick up a partner. I have never really had a need to have a partner. If I want to get laid, then I'd go out and get laid. No emotional attachments. Nobody gets hurt and everyone knows what is expected of them. The guy can go to sleep safe in the knowledge that I won't be bugging him with phonecalls, pestering him and stalking him. I think its a very honest way to go about it. Of course, it's not for everyone. But then again, life would be boring if we were all the same.

Han Cholo
10-14-2012, 02:47 AM

Most good relationships tend to start like this.

Talvi
10-14-2012, 02:51 AM
I believe in being straightforward. This way it leaves no room for misinterpretation. There isn't this wondering: did she/he mean it? did I just hear what I think she/he said?

I think the confusion in the beginning is exciting!!! Doesnt it make you feel young and giggly?

Kazimiera
10-14-2012, 02:53 AM
I think the confusion in the beginning is exciting!!! Doesnt it make you feel young and giggly?

There is nothing exciting about confusion. I hate nothing more than being with this person and you can't read them because you don't know them well enough yet.

Giggly? ME? :picard1:

:D

Talvi
10-14-2012, 03:05 AM
There is nothing exciting about confusion. I hate nothing more than being with this person and you can't read them because you don't know them well enough yet.

Giggly? ME? :picard1:

:D

Im not sure what you mean by "being with a person" since most people arent together with people who they arent sure if they really are in a relationship with.

Not being able to read people and know all about them is quite a natural thing too. :D

Im afraid I dont see your problem.

Kazimiera
10-14-2012, 03:08 AM
Im not sure what you mean by "being with a person" since most people arent together with people who they arent sure if they really are in a relationship with.

Not being able to read people and know all about them is quite a natural thing too. :D

Im afraid I dont see your problem.

What I mean is in the beginning, when you start seeing someone there is this confusion and feeling of uncertainty because you don't know them well enough yet. I don't like that feeling.

Osprey
10-14-2012, 03:29 AM
Being the prettiest and the most conservative redhead in the entire school, it brought the wrath of the libtards and the lust of the dark skinned men upon her.
Once, those apes actually got the balls to harass her. Me and my pals intervened. She got attracted to me since then.
We took it slow and steady to the point that we've decided to stay together for life.
Our interests, likes and hobbies match, we like each other physcially and we try to give ourselves a little room, meaning that we don't get mushy all the time. So, that the repulsion created by too much familiarity does not creep in........

Kazimiera
10-14-2012, 03:44 AM
Being the prettiest and the most conservative redhead in the entire school, it brought the wrath of the libtards and the lust of the dark skinned men upon her.
Once, those apes actually got the balls to harass her. Me and my pals intervened. She got attracted to me since then.
We took it slow and steady to the point that we've decided to stay together for life.
Our interests, likes and hobbies match, we like each other physcially and we try to give ourselves a little room, meaning that we don't get mushy all the time. So, that the repulsion created by too much familiarity does not creep in........

Cute! :love:

Just one question: as you are so militant about couples having the same phenotype, do you also have red hair?

Piparskeggr
10-14-2012, 03:48 AM
Location: Norwich University, the military college in Vermont, USA

29 August 1977 just after lunch. My friend John and I were watching the freshmen march back to barracks after the meal. We were there for the 2 week training period as I was the cadet sergeant in charge of sick call at the infirmary and John was one of my clerks.

Being healthy 20 year old men, we were scoping out the new female cadets, making the usual sort of primal comments young men do...

When one is a freshman at Norwich, you march in single file everywhere when not in a mandatory unit size formation, in the gutter, calling out your company name...during training especially, any upperclassman who is designated cadre can pull you out of line and grill you on things you are supposed to be learning about customs, courtesies and history of the school.

After a little while this short, fair skinned, dark blond young woman comes marching up the hill looking very intense, like she had just bitten off the finger of the last cadre-man who had stopped her and she was waiting for another to stop her so she could spit it out in their face.

I turned to John, pointing at her, speechless for a moment..."John, that's the one I'm going to marry."

I first spoke to her when she had injured her lag while running and was in the formation I led at meal times for the cadets who could not march in formation about 2 1/2 weeks later. We became friends.

Anita dated a couple of other cadets. If she had chosen one of them instead of me, I'd have offered to be his best man at the wedding. It was always her choice.

http://assets17.medhelp.org/cdn/1324324769/medhelp_images/user_photos/245245?1324324769
(The picture's a little beat up, been in my wallet since I first got it about a month after the dance.)

Our first date was a formal dance on 11 February 1978, 9 days after I 1st asked her out.

We got engaged on 11 July that year and wed on 26 June 1982.

Some days it has been hard to find the petals amongst the thorns, but if you have no scars, you haven't been trying.

Piparskeggr
10-14-2012, 03:52 AM
BTW...the photo album part of my profile seems to be off line?

Smaug
10-14-2012, 03:53 AM

Very similar to my own story. But with me it happened with Right Hand.

morski
10-14-2012, 03:54 AM
In the club. Massively drunk. Had to court her for the next four months, though. Tough lass.:)

Osprey
10-14-2012, 04:19 AM
Cute! :love:

Just one question: as you are so militant about couples having the same phenotype, do you also have red hair?

No.
I have a theory.
I think when highly evolved humans chose less evolved humans, it shows nothing but a bleak future.
Take it, like elf women choosing orc men.
It shows they are not happy with what they have.
Less evolved humans will always try to choose the better option.
But its up to the better genetic potenial to maintain a level, to which the rest of the humanity can look up.
Males are logical, so even if they commit genetic felony, they'll always come back at a later age, because they know what's superior and whats not.
Females, however are not, hence my concern.
(Blond, Red equaly genetic potential, when combined with a highly evolved phenotype like Keltic/Nordid )

Talvi
10-14-2012, 07:54 AM
No.
I have a theory.
I think when highly evolved humans chose less evolved humans, it shows nothing but a bleak future.
Take it, like elf women choosing orc men.
It shows they are not happy with what they have.
Less evolved humans will always try to choose the better option.
But its up to the better genetic potenial to maintain a level, to which the rest of the humanity can look up.
Males are logical, so even if they commit genetic felony, they'll always come back at a later age, because they know what's superior and whats not.
Females, however are not, hence my concern.
(Blond, Red equaly genetic potential, when combined with a highly evolved phenotype like Keltic/Nordid )

And your gf knows your views on highly evolved logical men and stupid women?

Osprey
10-14-2012, 08:09 AM
And your gf knows your views on highly evolved logical men and stupid women?

Yup she's very logical and racist.
She dislikes everything from wogs to arabs to asians to blacks.

Arthas
10-14-2012, 12:00 PM
I predict that I will meet my first (and hopefully last) girlfriend at University.

The Uni I'm going to is 70% female :D

Piparskeggr
10-16-2012, 05:46 AM
{snip}

The Uni I'm going to is 70% female :D

The uni Anita and I attended was 95% male at the time.

Arthas
10-16-2012, 07:53 AM
The uni Anita and I attended was 95% male at the time.

I guess that's one of the advantages of feminism ;)

Mago
10-25-2012, 11:31 AM
delete edit

Laly
09-26-2020, 05:03 PM
I met my husband at a ball, where I had invited a cousin of mine as my dance partner. He came with a friend of his, who then invited me to the cinema, and he later became my husband.

Celestia
09-26-2020, 05:07 PM
I’ve met 90% of my partners through work.

Herr Galke
09-28-2020, 10:17 PM
Ok So since I've never been in a relationship (but deff not a virgin) let me share my fuckups/failed attempts..

In HS:

I was flirting with a girl in my art class, and it was mutual. Furthest I got with her was us playing footsie with each other. Then someone told her, that I was telling my friends, about how nice of an ass I thought she had. I remember the next day, she wouldn't even look at me when I said hi to her in the hallway.

Very cute tall blonde was asked on the school bus if she wanted to be my gf. I must've been retarded because I declined.

Another blonde texted me and tried to make small talk but I didn't gt the hint (my fault)

In college:

This skinny tall brunette I liked in my film class. I acted like a simp and bought her a big heart shaped box of chocoltes and gave it to her at lunch for Valentine's day. She just laughed and walked away with the box.

At work:

There's this attractive blonde coworker that I have, asked her out to bowling. Turns out she's a lesbian - and her gf is this anorexic person that has a busted face and donald duck lips WTF.

Daco Celtic
09-28-2020, 10:24 PM
Vlach singles party

PaleoEuropean
09-28-2020, 10:31 PM
It was already attached to my arm

Mr.G
09-28-2020, 10:31 PM
I’ve met 90% of my partners through work.

Same

Chris596
09-28-2020, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't call a girlfriend my partner (if I'll become a husband then we will be partners of course).

Anyway, I've met my ,,partner'' on Facebook, 2 days later we already had a date. Eventually this became a serious relationship which lasted for 9 months (we broke up more than 1 year ago). She was a middle class Hungarian girl.

And now I'm single like a dead bush in the desert, my profile description is just a joke: HUNgarian

Latinus
09-28-2020, 10:36 PM
It was already attached to my arm

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/image.php?u=24285&dateline=1598136264

PaleoEuropean
09-28-2020, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't call a girlfriend my partner (if I'll become a husband then we will be partners of course).

Anyway, I've met my ,,partner'' on Facebook, 2 days later we already had a date. Eventually this became a serious relationship which lasted for 9 months (we broke up more than 1 year ago). She was a middle class Hungarian girl.

And now I'm single like a dead bush in the desert, my profile description is just a joke: HUNgarian

Likewise, girlfriends come and go, not really partners.

Lucas
10-01-2020, 09:43 PM
Well, I met my wife on local chat (for people from my town). It was time when chats were popular in Poland instead of dating apps or FB:)
We met the same day or day later, don't remember and just it, we started to be together. But we married many years later.

JosephK
10-01-2020, 09:50 PM
We met in college.

One night I saw the most amazing-looking girl I'd ever seen in my life, head shaved around the sides, little dyed-red tail on the top, leather motorcycle jacket with Minor Threat painted on the back, like Tank Girl (this is 1989 or'90). I was in love, but she was with some artsy dude. The next day, I was trying to describe her to my friend while we were in the cafeteria, when he points out the window behind me, "you mean her?" He ran outside to grab her and brought her to our table. Turns out they went to high school together.

The rest is history. Actually we dated for two years then broke up. 5 years after that, I reached out to her (email existed by that point, I thought it wouldn't be so intrusive), we started dated again and got married in 2004.

Alexandro
01-18-2021, 01:07 PM
Nothing too special, met online about two years ago. We were friends for quite some time after this, maybe like four or five months, but eventually there was a realization that we both wanted more out of our relationship, I suppose.

AnthropologistHK
01-19-2021, 01:10 PM
I met my last and former girlfriend in college.

Westbrook
01-19-2021, 01:58 PM
I was a customer where she works. Idk what love at first sight is but we did click right away, like we'd been friends for years.

lutegavel
01-20-2021, 07:40 AM
Still searching for the one :smilie_liebe9:

The Blade
01-23-2021, 10:53 PM
My last thing was a one-night stand (met her at a bar) but this doesn't count as a partner in the true sense. My last true partner so far was a chick I met at the university. I'm not against relationships but I don't commit that easily. I like having options and then I pick.

Celestia
01-23-2021, 11:21 PM
We met through work. Neither of us work at the same place anymore either lol

Redmar
01-24-2021, 12:35 AM
Been in a relationship for about three years now and it's my first one, depends what you consider a partner, but I'm pretty sure she's going to be my "partner". Anyways, we met at a concert that exclusively hosts speedcore/punk/hardcore/country Frisian music. Got introduced to her by acquaintances of mine, pretty much love at first sight, if you believe in the law of attraction, that's it. She is a farmers girl from a sort of rivalling village compared to mine (Friendly football rivals). From there it went pretty quick, from "friends" to a relationship in no time.

Annie999
01-24-2021, 02:06 AM
Met my husband 5 years ago through a dating app. We chatted for like 10 minutes and decided to meet up the same evening, it was a super spontaneous thing. I made it clear I wasn’t interested in anything other than having a coffee and talk, he said he was on the same boat. It was love at first sight, we became inseparable after that.

Ylla
01-24-2021, 05:35 AM
I met him at university on the first night. He was the only person I spoke to all night and we clicked straight away. And then we dated about 3 months later when I knew it was serious.

stellan
01-24-2021, 06:31 AM
over the internet. we clicked right away and i've never met someone so similar to me. he makes me incredibly happy

Kivan
01-24-2021, 06:39 AM
I met her in the internet.

I was suprised how we were so alike in many things like taste for music, political views, etc. :wedding:

Hithaeglir
01-24-2021, 11:45 AM
He was spending a week over here attending lectures. We matched on Tinder and the discussions were surprinsingly good. He asked me out on a Wednesday, as he had to fly back on Friday. I could only do the weekend and he overstayed for that xD. Went in expecting something casual and fun, I ended up meeting an amazing person. Then the rest is pretty much history, after a year of us flying back and forth, he proposed and moved here.

Harley
03-13-2021, 05:11 AM
I met him on TA lol.

When I posted my 23andme topics, he was very informative about it and helpful.

There was a dc server that we both were a part of and he flirted with me, though I am pretty stupid about these types of things and kept shooing him away from me because I was embarrassed. We started talking and then met a week later. After our first meeting, I asked him if we’re supposed to be dating or what lol.

I was initially attracted to his attention to detail. I know that’s a weird thing to say. He’s a clown. I don’t agree with his humor most times or understand it, but I know that he cares deeply about a lot of stuff he puts his heart into. I’m hoping eventually I become one of those deeply cherished things.

Robocop
03-13-2021, 06:11 AM
Well, she was working in one firm I was often going, and when see her, I went there more than often lol, little by little... I just... seduced her with my superior IQ and charm...haha.

El_Jibaro
07-06-2021, 04:05 PM
On aliexpress.

Nah...through common interests, life goals, friends, etc. We talked from time to time in passing, but I became really obsessed with this cool Porteña chick with a funny accent and finally asked her out one day...we're married now. We both had just ended long term relationships, she a relationship of 2 years with a Murcian (:yuck:) and I of 6 with a Catalana who bore my child in a less, erm, intelligent part of my life jeje. Pero surgió, apareció sin buscarlo y encontré a la que yo llamo mi 100%.

JosephK
07-15-2021, 05:11 PM
My sister has a cool story. She was single for about 4 years after her divorce. She was spending lots of time on some gardening forum. One day she found somewhere iwantblacks app (https://www.besthookup-sites.com/iwantblacks-review/) and decided to register there. She went on one date only and she is not single anymore)))))

What's 'cool' about that? I guess your sarcasm font isn't working...?

InfamousAngel99
07-15-2021, 05:45 PM
On a dating website.
We were birth obsessed with Baldur’s Gate 3 at the time, so we started talking about it and then got to know each other more.

JosephK
07-15-2021, 05:54 PM
On a dating website.
We were birth obsessed with Baldur’s Gate 3 at the time, so we started talking about it and then got to know each other more.

EH?!?!? When did Baldur's Gate 3 become available? I thought it was still in beta

Celestia
07-15-2021, 05:55 PM
We sat right next to each other at work. We didn't hit it off right away because he is reserved and very sarcastic and I'm a goof and awkward. We eventually got to know one another better and hung out after work, and that's when the relationship began. We've been together for 5 years and were separated for about a year. The separation is what ultimately saved our relationship in the end. We will have two kiddos together. ^_^

Cristiano viejo
07-15-2021, 05:55 PM
I saw her in tv and contacted her. Yes, I was weak :noidea:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?348570-Classify-my-last-girlfriend-the-Spanish-Desir%E9-Cordero

JosephK
07-15-2021, 06:02 PM
We sat right next to each other at work. We didn't hit it off right away because he is reserved and very sarcastic and I'm a goof and awkward. We eventually got to know one another better and hung out after work, and that's when the relationship began. We've been together for 5 years and were separated for about a year. The separation is what ultimately saved our relationship in the end. We will have two kiddos together. ^_^

See, now that's how relationships are supposed to start... No apps, bars, whatever

InfamousAngel99
07-15-2021, 06:02 PM
EH?!?!? When did Baldur's Gate 3 become available? I thought it was still in beta

It’s still in beta. We were both playing the beta at the time :)

Celestia
07-15-2021, 06:04 PM
See, now that's how relationships are supposed to start... No apps, bars, whatever

Very true! Although they say don't mix work with pleasure.. I think all of my serious relationships were with someone I met at work haha

InfamousAngel99
07-15-2021, 06:05 PM

That’s amazing! Congrats!
Separation can actually really help a relationship. My mom and dad were dating for a few years than broke it off for a few months, and then got back together. They’ve been married for 25+ years now.
I hope your relationship continues to flourish!

Aldaris
07-15-2021, 11:11 PM
In here. By doing what Northern Spaniards and Central Europeans are known for doing the best.

RenaRyuguu
10-05-2021, 11:25 PM
I didn't meet mine yet but hope too soon. Like in a month in real life.

RenaRyuguu
10-22-2021, 06:01 PM
I'm hoping to meet my soulmate Freddie Fox via fanmail soon

Ellethwyn
12-31-2021, 07:17 AM
I kind of met my husband when I was in his line at the grocery store, he was a bagger there. I was 16, and he was 19. The cashier next to his opened up, so they called me over. He said he was kind of relieved, because he really wanted to ask for my number, but thought I'd say no. So he was happy to have the other bagger ask for my phone number for him. When she asked me for my number, I said, "No." simply because I do not give my number out like that. She then proceeded to tell me how he is a really sweet guy, and that I should definitely give him a chance. I said, "Who?" I did not even know who was asking. She pointed to him.

The day before, my roommate (I was emancipated at 15 years old, living with roommates, and working a part-time job while I went to school) had told me a great way to gauge a guy's personality is to look at his shoes. So, I looked at his shoes, and saw he was wearing some all black skate shoes. I figured, ok he is not a prep or jock. That is good for me. He had a pretty boy face, so remembering the shoe tip helped a lot. I gave the lady my number, and that evening he called me.

It turned out he lived just a few blocks from me. We spent everyday together since our first night hanging out. We had a lot in common as far as loving the outdoors, music, and both being introverted and homebodies. We had a very strong physical attraction, as well.

He proposed to me when I was 17. After he proposed to me, we started planning our elopement. I really did not want a big wedding. We saved for a year for our elopement in Belize. We were going to go as soon as I turned 18. Well guess what happened as soon as I turned 18? We got pregnant. So, instead of an elopement, because I was too sick from all the pregnancy hormones to travel, we had a tiny courthouse wedding. It was so not romantic, but as soon as we said our vows, we both felt we were swept away in a whirlwind, and felt all warm and tingly. It was awesome. It was a spiritual moment.

We've been together for 19 years now, and have two kids, who are now teenagers. You never know where you'll meet your future spouse! I was not expecting to meet anyone that day. And I was convinced at 16 years old that there was nobody out there for me. I was hopeless.

Celestia
12-31-2021, 07:50 AM
I kind of met my husband when I was in his line at the grocery store, he was a bagger there. I was 16, and he was 19. The cashier next to his opened up, so they called me over. He said he was kind of relieved, because he really wanted to ask for my number, but thought I'd say no. So he was happy to have the other bagger ask for my phone number for him. When she asked me for my number, I said, "No." simply because I do not give my number out like that. She then proceeded to tell me how he is a really sweet guy, and that I should definitely give him a chance. I said, "Who?" I did not even know who was asking. She pointed to him.

The day before, my roommate (I was emancipated at 15 years old, living with roommates, and working a part-time job while I went to school) had told me a great way to gauge a guy's personality is to look at his shoes. So, I looked at his shoes, and saw he was wearing some all black skate shoes. I figured, ok he is not a prep or jock. That is good for me. He had a pretty boy face, so remembering the shoe tip helped a lot. I gave the lady my number, and that evening he called me.

It turned out he lived just a few blocks from me. We spent everyday together since our first night hanging out. We had a lot in common as far as loving the outdoors, music, and both being introverted and homebodies. We had a very strong physical attraction, as well.

He proposed to me when I was 17. After he proposed to me, we started planning our elopement. I really did not want a big wedding. We saved for a year for our elopement in Belize. We were going to go as soon as I turned 18. Well guess what happened as soon as I turned 18? We got pregnant. So, instead of an elopement, because I was too sick from all the pregnancy hormones to travel, we had a tiny courthouse wedding. It was so not romantic, but as soon as we said our vows, we both felt we were swept away in a whirlwind, and felt all warm and tingly. It was awesome. It was a spiritual moment.

We've been together for 19 years now, and have two kids, who are now teenagers. You never know where you'll meet your future spouse! I was not expecting to meet anyone that day. And I was convinced at 16 years old that there was nobody out there for me. I was hopeless.

That was so sweet, sounds like destiny ^_^

Alexandro
12-31-2021, 08:33 AM
I met her in late 2017 or so. Probably through being in the same social circles or something. For a couple months we were just friends with similar interests and life goals, but it turned into something else with the passage of time.

....And that's about it. We've been in a relationship since 2018.

Mejgusu
12-31-2021, 10:54 AM
2019 I ordered a bucket in kfc and I was waiting for it. There were a lot of people and I was annoyed that I had to wait. When my order was ready they didn’t say the number but only „bucket to go is ready“, and I wanted to take it. But she also ordered it and I was kinda disappointed because I didnt want to miss my bus. Then the guy from kfc said the number and it was my order but unfortunately I already missed the bus, so I reacted a bit angry. When I walked to the bus station she also came and had to wait for the same bus. She apologized but I said its ok because it is only a kfc bucket, nothing else although even that would be enough for me to brawl. When the bus came whe were still talking with each other and we changed numbers and at the beginning it was more like a friendship. During the beginning of Corona it started to be serious and it is still keeping going.

Ellethwyn
12-31-2021, 07:41 PM
That was so sweet, sounds like destiny ^_^

Thanks:D Yeah, i think it was destiny. Especially because 3 years prior i was in a new age shop, i was 13 and joking around in there with a friend. I saw a sign in the back that read "psychic readings" and i then started making fun of psychics. A voice from behind me said, "let me see your hand". I turned around and the was an old wrinkly lady with long white hair. I told her i didnt have any money. She just said let me see your hand. She described my husband to me and said something very personal about him. I did NOT believe her. But it all came true. It blows my mind.

Celestia
12-31-2021, 08:09 PM
Thanks:D Yeah, i think it was destiny. Especially because 3 years prior i was in a new age shop, i was 13 and joking around in there with a friend. I saw a sign in the back that read "psychic readings" and i then started making fun of psychics. A voice from behind me said, "let me see your hand". I turned around and the was an old wrinkly lady with long white hair. I told her i didnt have any money. She just said let me see your hand. She described my husband to me and said something very personal about him. I did NOT believe her. But it all came true. It blows my mind.

Wow!!! I had a similar situation with a psychic about my son! How crazy! Life is full of unexplainable surprises. I’ve learned to just roll with the tide.

placebo
12-31-2021, 08:13 PM
i haven't met yet….

Perunovsin
12-31-2021, 08:15 PM

That old hag may have hypnotized you, lol

lei.talk
12-31-2021, 08:27 PM
at the end of our weekly mensa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensa_International)/ucsd (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_California,_San_Diego) "philosophy forum",
as i was removing the tape-casette of leonard peikoff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Peikoff)'s final lecture
of the philosophy of objectivism (http://www.peikoff.com/courses_and_lectures/philosophy-of-objectivism/) - from behind me:

mother-to-be http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif I want to have...
...your baby. https://i.imgur.com/svOxpmw.png her girl-friend

after turning and recognising two attendees
from the penultimate lecture of the previous week: "which one of you?"

mother-to-be http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif If the plural of mouse
is mice...is the plural of spouse
spice? https://i.imgur.com/svOxpmw.png her girl-friend

not looking up from the copy of
harry binswanger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Binswanger)'s The Biological Basis of Teleological Concepts (http://www.amazon.com/dp/0962533602)
the girl-child's grand-father (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?2206&p=2319866&viewfull=1#post2319866) asked:
How old are they?

mother-to-be http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif Fourteen. https://i.imgur.com/svOxpmw.png her girl-friend

You are in trouble.

mother-to-be http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif If electricity comes from electrons,
does that mean...
morality comes from morons? https://i.imgur.com/svOxpmw.png her girl-friend

You are in double-trouble.
and the yellow high-lighter
resumed moving over Life-Based Teleology and the Foundations of Ethics (https://estore.aynrand.org/collections/philosophy/products/life-based-teleology-and-the-foundations-of-ethics-booklet)
as he hummed a popular commercial jingle (http://youtu.be/iboOB0JfjTw).

(hoping a sufficiently lengthy delay
would allow boredom to arise)

"your proposition will require some negotiation.

while you both appear healthy (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?26444&p=390939&viewfull=1#post390939),
documentation will be necessary"
(tapping the blood-donor card (http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/eligibility-requirements/eligibility-criteria-topic#lifestyle)
prominently displayed on my pocket-protector (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?40891)).

mother-to-be http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif These last two lectures
will make more sense...
...after hearing the first ten. https://i.imgur.com/svOxpmw.png her girl-friend

ever cautious,
walter heubscher's original casettes (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?108043&p=2310241&viewfull=1#post2310241)
were safely locked in a file-cabinet in my palaestra (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?2829&p=65200&viewfull=1#post65200).

slipping the final two tape-copies in to their binder,
"please return these next week." (hoping for the opposite:
please disappear and not complicate my perfectly balanced life).

the next week, they re-appeared
carrying a thick stack of tractor-feed printer-paper - announcing:

mother-to-be http://www.theapricity.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif Here is a verbatim transcript...
...of the twelve lectures. https://i.imgur.com/svOxpmw.png her girl-friend

and i was surprised.

the next week,
they produced the prose version
neatly out-lined (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#list), with the question-answer sessions
moved to the end of the appropriate lectures
(on the tapes the questions are submitted on paper
and answered the following week)

and i began to worry.

later, i would learn
why they were super-achievers:

one had been replaced by a younger brother
as the sole object of parental attention

and the other by a younger sister (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?782&p=1488498&viewfull=1#post1488498)

which drove them to excel (scholastically and athletically)
in an attempt to regain their previous position. unsuccessfully.

advanced (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Placement) and baccalaureate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Baccalaureate) studies, ballet,
piano (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?48307&p=1893988&viewfull=1#post1893988), swim-team, choir (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choir), gymnastics...

even with that extra-ordinary amount of effort
their younger syblings did not vanish.

their parents had "groomed" them
for unusual requests by older men.

the only unusual aspect of their same-gender attachment
is that it has lasted
for the decades of our union.

hormonally driven teen-aged girls
frequently have "best friends" that spend the night
on week-ends of late studying

and these same girls have dreams of sex
that include noisy orgasms (as do boys)

which the visiting girl (sleeping in the same bed)
can not avoid noticing
and - some times - participating.

typically, these relationships fade
as the girls imprint on a male sexual partner.

to this day, my son's mother and her girl-friend
hold hands (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?2206&p=273143&viewfull=1#post273143) and speak as one (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?243&p=239381&viewfull=1#post239381). :heartbea:

the lasting love
of which most can only dream (https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?2206&p=273143&viewfull=1#post273143).

Mejgusu
07-07-2022, 11:06 AM
2019 I ordered a bucket in kfc and I was waiting for it. There were a lot of people and I was annoyed that I had to wait. When my order was ready they didn’t say the number but only „bucket to go is ready“, and I wanted to take it. But she also ordered it and I was kinda disappointed because I didnt want to miss my bus. Then the guy from kfc said the number and it was my order but unfortunately I already missed the bus, so I reacted a bit angry. When I walked to the bus station she also came and had to wait for the same bus. She apologized but I said its ok because it is only a kfc bucket, nothing else although even that would be enough for me to brawl. When the bus came whe were still talking with each other and we changed numbers and at the beginning it was more like a friendship. During the beginning of Corona it started to be serious and it is still keeping going.

Unfortunately this relationship ended months ago. But I am happy, I know what I want and what I don’t want now and experiences are very important. Maybe next time I will meet someone after buying kebap or something else, but the life will always offer an opportunity for you.

Victor
07-07-2022, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately this relationship ended months ago. But I am happy, I know what I want and what I don’t want now and experiences are very important. Maybe next time I will meet someone after buying kebap or something else, but the life will always offer an opportunity for you.

I think that girls who don't like kebab with onion and sourcream are not worth attention xD

Odelia
08-19-2022, 05:16 AM
Facebook argument believe it or not (over religion and politics) ! It started out with a bang. Then we got to know each there, went for a date and we fell for each other! Wouldn't regret anythin :cool: