PDA

View Full Version : Apple iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S III

Su
10-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Which one is the best one and why? Please vote and explain it.

Lábaru
10-12-2012, 03:28 PM
for my galaxy s3, reasons? for me it is a basic requirement change the battery, when the phone is low on battery I reemplace it for a fully charged one, with the iPhone I cannot do it, because the back cover is not removable.

I have other reasons, like the android system and software freedom, but that's (the battery) the most important.

Loki
10-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Definitely the Apple iPhone5!!

The iPhone5 is a newer model with newer technology, and the brand is by far the best.

Loki
10-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Which one is the best one and why? Please vote and explain it.

I owned the Galaxy SIII and the Apple iPhone4S. Even the 4S is better than the SIII. The SIII feels cheap, too large and awkward. And is prone to falling.

Lábaru
10-12-2012, 04:00 PM
OMG Loki is a taliapple xD

Lábaru
10-12-2012, 04:08 PM
let's go compare real specifications :)
http://1.androidauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/samsung-galaxy-s3-vs-iphone-5-specs.jpg

Loki
10-12-2012, 04:14 PM
The Samsung is too big .. especially for a lady. And get a white phone :)

Lábaru
10-12-2012, 04:24 PM
The Samsung is too big .. especially for a lady. And get a white phone :)

Hehe women love big things, Loki ;)

Watch this video, the fragility of iPhone5 is a problem.
OSFKVq36Hgc

Su
10-12-2012, 04:37 PM
I found this article but it's back from 2010, I just wonder if there is any improvement etc about this subject:

Use Your Android Phone as a Wireless Modem

You know you can surf the Net on your Android phone--but did you know that the same phone can also enable you to surf the Net from your PC?

We're talking about something called tethering. In a nutshell, tethering allows you to use your smartphone like a wireless modem: You connect it to your computer, then use its 3G connection to get online.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/190265/use_your_android_phone_as_a_wireless_modem.html

Ohhhh soon we will have 4G just wondering how it will effect above functon.

Loki
10-12-2012, 04:39 PM
I like the iPhone 4S :)

Loki
10-12-2012, 04:39 PM

iPhone5 also has 4G

Su
10-12-2012, 04:45 PM
iPhone5 also has 4G

What about Samsung Galaxy S III ?

Han Cholo
10-12-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't use this technology. This is for me the definition of consumist. Yes, I know you're going to tell me I already use a PC with Internet and I am fully aware of that, but I've never understood this overt apps, iPhones, Androids, Blackberries, etc... For me it's enough to have a cellphone where I can call and receive calls, take pics and videos, USB and bluetooth. That's basically the technology at the time I started using cellphones.

I see those FB publications of even food, feet, and other crappy stuff from iPhones and Blackberries it's annoying. It's almost as if they were showing off they just adquired one.

Loki
10-12-2012, 05:20 PM
What about Samsung Galaxy S III ?

Same

Lábaru
10-12-2012, 05:33 PM
watch this video, loki :)

eRKIWfE6Fws

xajapa
10-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I have an iphone, my in-law the Galaxy. It seems there are more apps, and more free apps with the iphone. I do make use of many of the apps, so this is why I prefer an iphone.

Su
10-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Does Apple iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S III have flash player? Coz I want to watch movies on my mobile (not youtube movies).

iNird
10-12-2012, 08:03 PM
I found this article but it's back from 2010, I just wonder if there is any improvement etc about this subject:

Tethering is also available on Android systems. Just a note, you will have to jailbreak your phone to tether on the iphone.

Does Apple iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S III have flash player? Coz I want to watch movies on my mobile (not youtube movies).

Apple doesn't support flash IIRC.

Anyways both are great devices. SG3 has better specs but the Apple is more fashionable and smaller (though Samsung has released a smaller SG3.) Android is also more customizable and the Apple Operating system is more user friendly.

iNird
10-12-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't use this technology. This is for me the definition of consumist. Yes, I know you're going to tell me I already use a PC with Internet and I am fully aware of that, but I've never understood this overt apps, iPhones, Androids, Blackberries, etc... For me it's enough to have a cellphone where I can call and receive calls, take pics and videos, USB and bluetooth. That's basically the technology at the time I started using cellphones.

I see those FB publications of even food, feet, and other crappy stuff from iPhones and Blackberries it's annoying. It's almost as if they were showing off they just adquired one.

I used to be like that but for me having a smartphone comes in handy. Hey if you're lost I can use my phone as a GPS. If I'm bored on the train I can use the smartphone to browse the web (same thing when I'm at work.) Feeling hungry? Let me look for restaurants nearby and check their ratings. If I'm at the store I can scan the barcode and find comparative prices and reviews.

It's not essential but it's one of those things where once you have one you won't go back.

Su
10-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Tethering is also available on Android systems. Just a note, you will have to jailbreak your phone to tether on the iphone.

Another question which of the phones are easy to deal with if l want to use them as a modem for my lap top>?

iNird
10-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Another question which of the phones are easy to deal with if l want to use them as a modem for my lap top>?

Android probably. I believe you have to jailbreak to tether with the Iphone.

Also depends on your carrier. In the united states the cellphone companies will allow you to tether for an additional fee. Ofc you can get around this by rooting the phone or jailbreaking it.

Also if you jailbreak the iphone you can watch flash vidoes. SG3 has a bigger screen so it will be better for watching movies.

Su
10-12-2012, 08:21 PM
^
What mobile do you have?
I think Samsung Galaxy S III is the best option for me then.

Äike
10-12-2012, 08:22 PM
For simplicity and easy use pick the iPhone 5, for more power/more Ghz and more advanced operation system (Android) pick the Samsung Galaxy S III.

Of course if design, brands and materialism is important to you, pick the iPhone 5. It's a piece of status of some sorts, because of all the hype.

Loki
10-12-2012, 08:30 PM
^
What mobile do you have?

I had it. Extremely plasticky and prone to falls. The iPhone 4S instead felt solid.

Äike
10-12-2012, 08:33 PM
I had it. Extremely plasticky and prone to falls. The iPhone 4S instead felt solid.

Indeed. The S III is made of "strong"(I'm not sure how it is compared to ordinary plastic) plastic, while the iPhone 5 is made out of aluminum. The iPhone 5 feels more solid when holding it.

Su
Ohhhhh because of android system, l can't open up files like word, pdf etc from the emails, right?

iNird
^
What mobile do you have?

I bought my significant other an Iphone 4s and I like it. I haven't tried out the Iphone 5 yet.

I own some shitty phone right now but I'm looking to buy a new one. Honestly both phones are great. I used to be an apple hater but I've changed. I would pick whichever phone is cheaper.

Also Apple has good resale value. Even if you buy it for $650 dollars you can still sell get atleast half of it back in a few years.

iNird
10-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Ohhhhh because of android system, l can't open up files like word, pdf etc from the emails, right?

This shouldn't be an issue with either phone with the correct app

Su
10-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Which phone offers free apps the most ?

Äike
10-12-2012, 08:38 PM

The Galaxy S III with its Android system. Android has a lot of free apps, while iPhone barely has them and most apps are rather expensive, at least when compared to the sold apps in Android.

Lábaru
10-12-2012, 08:43 PM

buy a iphone, it is easier to use, android is for more advanced users. Both S.O have thousands of free apps.

iNird
10-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Apple does have good customer support as well.

I would buy the Apple if it wasn't $650. Ridiculous. I will wait next year when the new ones come out. I would of bought the 4s if it supported 4g.

Absinthe
10-12-2012, 09:26 PM
I vote for Samsung Galaxy SIII because I've seen it and it kicks ar$$ :thumbs

I very much dislike I-phones and everything that starts with an I- , by the way.

Loki
10-16-2012, 06:34 AM
The iPhone 5 has upgraded Siri ... and enabled for the UK as well. You just talk to your phone, and order a pizza! Easy as that. It finds all restaurants closest to you. Samsung doesn't have it ..

Loki
10-16-2012, 06:49 AM
This is a bit over the top but hilarious! :D

nYG6QA9gF0o

The thing I loved about my iPhone 4S was Siri ... I just told her: "play jazz music", and then she'd play a selection from my phone and I could relax nicely :thumb001:

Miss Jane
10-16-2012, 06:52 AM
Galaxy SIII without a doubt. iPhone have too many problems over all, too low quality for my taste. Even in the stores here where you buy cellphones the iPhone 5 (and all other iPhones) only have 12 months of warranty while all Samsungs (and Nokia, Sony, Motorola and so on) have 24 months. Because the quality of the iPhone becomes so bad after a while so the store doesn't want to give more than 12 months warranty.

Loki
10-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Now also ... I found the Samsung to be too touch-sensitive ... you just touch the damn thing and something would happen. The iPhone on the other hand, seemed much more sturdy. Once I'm in an app, I could confidently touch my screen and such, without me exiting the app or such. A much better product :) Remember, I owned both at the same time .. and I would even prefer the iPhone 4S over the Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Midori
10-16-2012, 06:59 AM

Pretty much summed up my thoughts. I don't like all this new shit either, it seems kinda complicated for a member of the older generation like me

Loki
10-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Pretty much summed up my thoughts. I don't like all this new shit either, it seems kinda complicated for a member of the older generation like me

You're only 20 .. :picard2: :D

Loki
10-16-2012, 07:11 AM
buy a iphone, it is easier to use, android is for more advanced users. Both S.O have thousands of free apps.

Especially for girls, they all seem to pick the white iPhones here in England. All women here walk around with white iPhones, not Samsungs ...

Miss Jane
10-16-2012, 08:40 AM
I've tried out both iOS and Android and I very much prefer Android. It's not more difficult to use than the iOS and it works great. The only thing that I think is worse with Android is that it lags a bit more than iOS, but all in all it's just a way better experience (both to work with and the apps you can get). Which is also one of the reasons for why I chose Galaxy SII instead of the iPhone S4.

Loki
10-16-2012, 08:48 AM
What I liked about the Samsung, is better connectivity on WiFi, and it gives me a sound when email has arrived.

beaver
10-16-2012, 08:57 AM
What said my best freind (his is a Don Cossack)
the more expensive the pone, the most stupidhis owner

Lábaru
10-21-2012, 05:04 PM
rofgMueCOqo

dralos
10-21-2012, 05:16 PM
i've iphone4 and i dont think i'll be buying iphone5 since its not that different i think

Su
10-31-2012, 02:07 PM
By the way I got a 24 months contract for Samsung Galaxy S3 and honestly the screen is so huge, at the moment I am not regretting it :D

Icosahedron
10-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Nexus 4

Atlas
10-31-2012, 02:49 PM
I miss my dumb phone.

Lábaru
10-31-2012, 03:15 PM
50 Reasons Why Galaxy S3 Is Better Than iPhone 5
BPJDogdsAb8

Jerreiche
10-31-2012, 03:18 PM
I have got this phone since 2002, never failed me

http://cdn.conversations.nokia.com.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Nokia-8210.jpg

now keep your ridiculously overpriced smartphones with your angry birds, this bird's battery lasts me over a week. Never let me down in the middle of nowhere when my friend's iphones and galaxies where totally uncapable (such as hiking trips, or el camino de santiago itself) it never losses connection, and the sound is crispy and clear. It has also saved me a few houndred euros in replacements and upgrades over the last 10 years.

IMO smartphones are a scam. For ultraportable internet and app devices, get yourself a tablet or a netbook. I am seriously considering that nexus 7 now that it has 3g

Su
10-31-2012, 03:18 PM
BPJDogdsAb8

You really dislike iphone5 :D

Loki
10-31-2012, 03:19 PM
What did you get then, Eyes? :) You will see all girls in London walk around with white iPhones, not Samsungs ;) It's a man's toy :D

Su
10-31-2012, 03:25 PM
What did you get then, Eyes? :) You will see all girls in London walk around with white iPhones, not Samsungs ;) It's a man's toy :D

I know, all the girls I know got iphone5 and all the guys I know got samsung :D

I took also samsung galaxy s3 and I have got kind of no clue how to deal with it, I keep asking my male colleagues to help me :D

Lábaru
10-31-2012, 03:26 PM
I have got this phone since 2002, never failed me

http://cdn.conversations.nokia.com.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Nokia-8210.jpg

now keep your ridiculously overpriced smartphones with your angry birds, this bird's battery lasts me over a week. Never let me down in the middle of nowhere when my friend's iphones and galaxies where totally uncapable (such as hiking trips, or el camino de santiago itself) it never losses connection, and the sound is crispy and clear. It has also saved me a few houndred euros in replacements and upgrades over the last 10 years.

IMO smartphones are a scam. For ultraportable internet and app devices, get yourself a tablet or a netbook. I am seriously considering that nexus 7 now that it has 3g

xD come on, that's a nokia8210, I had that model years ago and the battery was crap, just one day with a few of calls.

Jerreiche
10-31-2012, 03:27 PM
xD come on, that's a nokia8210, I had that model years ago and the battery was crap, just one day with a few of calls.

maybe your nokia was faulty. Mine works spot on, as does my mom's who bought it at the same time.

up to 150h are the official specs o'the phone. In my case and my mom's I can testify that is troo

Loki
10-31-2012, 03:31 PM
BPJDogdsAb8

It's wayyy too complicated. You need to study a manual intensely in order to use all of those functions ... and if you do something accidentally, it does something you don't want it to do. It is too sensitive, I've tried it... No thanks, Apple iPhone for me! :thumb001:

Loki
10-31-2012, 03:32 PM
I know, all the girls I know got iphone5 and all the guys I know got samsung :D

I took also samsung galaxy s3 and I have got kind of no clue how to deal with it, I keep asking my male colleagues to help me :D

That's what I said, it's too complicated. :( The Apple is much more user-friendly, I warned you :p

Su
10-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Samsung is freaking sensitive , that's true, but it's ok. I love whenever I need to touch the screen to unlock it, I love that water sound and the picture of it :D

Loki
10-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Samsung is freaking sensitive , that's true, but it's ok. I love whenever I need to touch the screen to unlock it,

It becomes annoying when you're busy in an application, and then just accidentally touch it and it does something else ...

Su
10-31-2012, 03:44 PM
It becomes annoying when you're busy in an application, and then just accidentally touch it and it does something else ...

I am a proper noob at the moment, so probably you're right :D

arcticwolf
10-31-2012, 03:44 PM
Droid Razr Maxx

Lábaru
10-31-2012, 03:47 PM
maybe your nokia was faulty. Mine works spot on, as does my mom's who bought it at the same time.

up to 150h are the official specs o'the phone. In my case and my mom's I can testify that is troo

of course not, I had that model and two of my friends also, 64gr, is very light phone but with a bad battery, in fact I have it here, in a drawer.

Loki
10-31-2012, 03:52 PM
of course not, I had that model and two of my friends also, 64gr, is very light phone but with a bad battery, in fact I have it here, in a drawer.

As for Nokia, this was my old phone:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0WAWm9moO5s/TWzh8yp26YI/AAAAAAAABj8/Y_Kb9x6hl7A/s1600/nokia_c2_01.jpg

A very good phone! I still have it, and use it when I want to carry something small in my pocket. Much smaller than these huge new smartphones.

Because of the large size, I may even prefer the iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5 ...

If you want a large screen, go all the way and get an iPad. I want a phone goddammit! Samsung Galaxy SIII is way too large as a phone in your pocket ...

Lábaru
10-31-2012, 04:12 PM
As for Nokia, this was my old phone:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0WAWm9moO5s/TWzh8yp26YI/AAAAAAAABj8/Y_Kb9x6hl7A/s1600/nokia_c2_01.jpg

A very good phone! I still have it, and use it when I want to carry something small in my pocket. Much smaller than these huge new smartphones.

Because of the large size, I may even prefer the iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5 ...

If you want a large screen, go all the way and get an iPad. I want a phone goddammit! Samsung Galaxy SIII is way too large as a phone in your pocket ...

I had this Nokia3310, 3-4 days of battery even calling a lot, much better battery than nokia8210.
http://blogtecnologiainformatica.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/nokia-3310.jpg

but let's be honest, I do not really miss these old phones, my smartphone is much better, the solution for the battery is to have an external charger and two batteries, I can post on TA walking on the street, on work, I can check my email and I can watch YouTube videos resting in my bed.

P.S. Galaxy tablet better than Ipad xD I have it for read comic, of course.

Loki
10-31-2012, 05:52 PM
P.S. Galaxy tablet better than Ipad xD I have it for read comic, of course.

I don't have a pad yet, hopefully when I have some money :)

Blackout
10-31-2012, 05:54 PM

Loki
10-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy sales revealed in court battle (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/9466656/Apple-iPhone-and-Samsung-Galaxy-sales-revealed-in-court-battle.html)

Samsung sold just 1.4m Galaxy tablets while Apple sold 34m iPads, court documents show.

The documents do not show details for returns, although previous evidence revealed that Best Buy, the American retailer, told Samsung that customers were returning the Galaxy Tab tablet when they discovered it was not an iPad.

Apple sold 62.8m iPhones, while Samsung sold 21m smartphones (and this number includes not only the Galaxy, but all Samsung smartphones - whereas Apple only has the iPhone).

There is much hype and talk about the Samsung, but the Apple remains the best product, quality, and with a clearer screen (Retina Display).

Äike
10-31-2012, 06:34 PM
There is much hype and talk about the Samsung, but the Apple remains the best product, quality, and with a clearer screen (Retina Display).

On the contrary. It's all hype about the iPhone while numerous phones have better quality and better screens.

The iPad Mini just sucks with no excuses.

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Kindle-Fire-HD-iPad-Mini-comparison.jpg

Loki
10-31-2012, 06:48 PM
The Kindle Fire seems like a good buy indeed!

I was talking about the newest large iPad, not the mini.

Äike
10-31-2012, 07:04 PM
The Kindle Fire seems like a good buy indeed!

I was talking about the newest large iPad, not the mini.

Apple MacBooks are also good, I bought one recently, but on the smartphone market the iPhone is starting to fall behind.

Loki
10-31-2012, 07:09 PM
Apple MacBooks are also good, I bought one recently, but on the smartphone market the iPhone is starting to fall behind.

I will definitely buy an iPhone next time I buy a smartphone. As I said, I owned Samsung Galaxy SII and SIII, and iPhone 4S. I prefer the iPhone 4S, it looks and feels more quality. But the SII is also very nice ... the SIII is too big :(

Caismeachd
10-31-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't like apple products very much, but I found the iPhone 4 to be less buggy and annoying than my Galaxy S 2. I don't know how well android is these days, but it seems to be hit or miss depending on the model of phone. I loved my first droid phone (the first available model) but hated all the droid phones I had afterwards because they were so buggy. Apple iphone's OS seems to be more refined and stable to me.

PurpleHonda
12-14-2012, 12:35 AM
I just switched from an iPhone 5 to an S3. I love the s3 so much more than the iPhone. I guess I just like Android more than iOS. I also found a bunch of Samsung Galaxy S3 cases (http://www.zazzle.com/samsunggalaxy+s3+cases)online and although there are definitely more iPhone 5 cases, the S3 cases are still pretty awesome.