PDA

View Full Version : How strongly do you experience emotion?

Kazimiera
10-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Some people experience emotion intensely, almost physically whereas others do not experience emotion as strongly.

I would consider myself someone who does not experience emotions in a very strong way. I am very slow to anger (if ever) and not much bothers me. If people are bitchy at work, so be it. I just go along and do my thing. I am not easily offended and don't have anger issues.

I don't get excited very quickly and I don't get down easily either. My family calls me "The Panzer" because I just trod along at the same pace and take whatever comes my way in my stride. If something needs to be done, I do it.

I rarely, if ever, make choices based on emotion. And if I have decided to do something, then I do it. I'm not confrontational (mainly too laid back to get worked up about something) and I very rarely have issues with other people.

I don't panic in crisis and very little fazes me. I just get along and do what needs to be done.

I rarely suffer from feelings of guilt because I accept things happen the way they do. No use crying over something that you cannot change.

Sometimes I get the feeling that perhaps I am too "cold". Or that I should more worked up over things. My husband gets cross when people drive like idiots, I don't even notice. Sometimes I think that maybe I am missing out on life by being the way I am, but I have always been this way. I see people become upset about things and I wonder why, because it is not something I would get upset about. Should I maybe be feeling more?? Or maybe I just am the way I am and should carry on being me.

Comte Arnau
10-13-2012, 01:11 AM
A volcano inside, an iceberg on the outside. As any genuine Scorpio.

Schneider
10-13-2012, 01:14 AM
I have muted emotions, and even then I show little to none. This gives others less to use against me.

Midori
10-13-2012, 01:18 AM
A volcano inside, an iceberg on the outside. As any genuine Scorpio.

Same here. I'm a virgo though..

Rosenrot
10-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Very strongly, the maximum I can get of them. and I love to analyze every sensation carefully. I am a emotion junkie, althoug I don't show it in my visage.

It is the med roots, isn't it?

Frigga
10-13-2012, 01:21 AM
I feel them strongly. I'm much too easily governed by my emotions.

Kazimiera
10-13-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm just so relaxed I sometimes wonder if something is wrong with me.

My hubby will shout at the TV, or the computer, or swear if they cellphone isn't cooperating. My mom gets worked up over programmes on TV.

To me it just seems like such a waste of energy on something you cannot change. If the computer isn't working, then I can sit for hours and fix it. I don't throw my toys out the cot. I have endless patience.

Damiăo de Góis
10-13-2012, 02:07 AM
Since people are talking about signs, i'm a capricorn which means i'm a cold bastard.

Kazimiera
10-13-2012, 02:12 AM
Since people are talking about signs, i'm a capricorn which means i'm a cold bastard.

CRAP-ricorn! :lol00002:

Smaug
10-13-2012, 02:14 AM
I'm also quite cold, and very rational. Few things shake me emotionally, and even if it happens I will rarely let people realize it. I'm not saying this is a good thing, it is right on the other hand...

Damiăo de Góis
10-13-2012, 02:16 AM
CRAP-ricorn! :lol00002:

What, you don't like capricorns? Not everyone gets to be a goat-fish :p

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VI_dpqW3mDc/UFcqmcG73BI/AAAAAAAABvQ/S--km4nBrc8/s1600/2.jpg

Kazimiera
10-13-2012, 02:21 AM
What, you don't like capricorns? Not everyone gets to be a goat-fish :p

Or a Pan-Mermaid. :p

http://sweetmarieproductions.com/mozartland/images/Pan.jpg

+

http://cowshell.com/uploads/_sketches/mermaid.jpg

I wanna see 23andme and FTDNA try figure this one out!

Kalitas
10-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Well, I'm very passionate and over-sensitive. I tend to get carried away by emotions, always acting without thinking of the consequences. And sometimes that is a problem because I end up being influenced by everybody.

Siberian Cold Breeze
10-13-2012, 02:55 AM
I quick react to emotions(actually to everything,including door bell) but I am not sure its because I feel emotions stronger than other people . Problem my emphaty is uselesly strong ,sometimes i can feel excsessive sympaty to others ,feeling for them ,but forgetting myself (not ignoring or subpressing, I basicly get too much involved ) .
I suspect my ego is not centered properly I can easliy get lost in others ..

Tabiti
10-13-2012, 05:56 AM
In public I'm an absolute stone skin, an iceberg. Maybe this is one of the reasons people don't like me much. However, better not to be around me when I'm angry at home. There are flying objects :D
In fact, the only feeling I show much is anger. Even for one of my dogs I cried alone in the bathroom, so no one saw me. Didn't cry for my grandfather and grandmother.
Not that I don't feel at all, I just can't express it. My personality is quite emotional, but often feel empathy. I'm often too tightly closed in my own shell to pay attention to the surrounding world. Method of survival, maybe.

Absinthe
10-13-2012, 08:46 AM
I become very easily moved, angered, happy, sad, etc. But I try to control my reactions, especially the angry ones.
I always try to be very polite and calm when expressing my anger to someone, but my words are sharp.

TheNepenthe
10-22-2012, 12:22 PM
In a civilized world where people seemingly can't give less a f*ck - without ceasing to be civilized - about others and their emotions especially, being cold is one of the best things that can happen to you. Not a virtue exactly, but certainly most beneficial.

Your emotions = your Achilles' heel
Be sure you're going to get shot if you got it.

Corvus
10-22-2012, 12:43 PM
I am not a very emotional person.
I always try to stay cool calm and collected and try to avoid
anger, rage but also exaggerated joy and happiness or sadness.

I suppose I have a kind of Northern mentality