PDA

View Full Version : PKK threatens France after detention of leader in Europe

Su
10-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Alleged Kurdish militants have threatened retaliation against the French government after a PKK leader in Europe, Adem Uzun, was detained by French police last week, according to Fırat news agency, daily Radikal reported today.
France is guilty of being part of a conspiracy for taking Uzun into custody, the Kurdistan Communities Union (KCK), the alleged urban wing of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), said in a statement.
“The Kurdistan freedom movement and the Kurdish people will use its right to retaliation and to make decisions against France’s benefits, unless France abandons its hostile attitude against Kurds,” the statement said.
Police detained Uzun and another man in Paris on Oct. 6, while two others were detained Oct. 7 in the northwestern communes of Evron and Saint-Ouen-l’Aumone.
October/12/2012
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/pkk-threatens-france-after-detention-of-leader-in-europe-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=32263&NewsCatID=359

Another source:
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/10/12/266263/pkk-threatens-france-on-detained-leader/

Same news from a WESTERN source, Reuters:

Guys this time I have got the news article from A WESTERN source:

Kurdish groups warn France after alleged PKK leader arrested

(Reuters) - The Kurdish National Congress, a coalition of Kurdish groups across Europe, said on Friday it considered the arrest of one of its members in France as a "head-on attack" against the Kurdish people to satisfy Turkey.

Adem Uzun, deemed by Ankara to be the main leader in Europe of the banned Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) armed separatist group, was detained this week pending trial on suspicion of belonging to a terrorist association and trying to acquire weapons.

Clashes in recent months between the Turkish army and PKK militants - classified as a terrorist organisation by Turkey, the United States and the European Union - have been among the heaviest since the group took up arms 28 years ago.

"With this arrest, France has met the expectations of (Turkish Prime Minister) Erdogan," the Kurdistan National Congress (KNK) said in a statement.

"The KNK considers the arrest of Adem Uzun to be a head on attack against the Kurdish people and we hope the French state will reverse this decision."

A French official at the public prosecutor's office said Uzun, who had been under surveillance for several months, was arrested on suspicion of being involved in the purchase of anti-tank missiles for his organisation, including one contract worth 1.2 million euros (970 thousand pounds).

The official said Uzun and two other men belonged to the PKK and had been detained as part of the investigation. Ankara had not yet asked for his extradition, the official said.

A government source in Ankara said he was wanted by Turkish authorities.

Another arm of the PKK, the Kurdistan Communities Union (KCK), threatened Paris directly on Wednesday.

"The KCK ... calls on the French state to desert its hostile attitude against Kurds. Otherwise, the Kurdistan freedom movement and Kurdish people will exercise their rights to retaliate, and will be obliged to make decisions against the interests of the French state." it said.

LONG-RUNNING CONFLICT

The conflict has cost Turkey dearly since the militants took up arms in 1984, both in human and economic terms. There is growing public pressure on Erdogan to bring an end to the bloodshed.

Erdogan on September 27 accused France and Germany of not doing enough to combat the PKK saying they were allowing terrorist leaders to travel freely across Europe.

He has said Turkey will halt its operations against the militants once they lay down arms.

Turkish intelligence officials have had contacts with senior PKK figures in Europe in recent years to try to end a conflict that has claimed more than 40,000 lives but talks broke down.

According to Turkish media, Uzun was part of those talks. He was due to attend a conference on Saturday looking at the future of Kurds in Syria to be held at the French parliament with prominent Iraqi, Turkish and Syrian Kurds.

Turkish analysts suspect Assad of allowing a Syrian Kurdish movement believed to be linked to the PKK, the Democratic Union Party (PYD), to take control in parts of northern Syria to stop locals from joining the rebel Free Syrian Army.

Assad has denied allowing the PKK to operate on Syrian soil and the PYD denies any association with the PKK.

A strong PKK presence in Syria, where Kurds make up about one million of the 21 million population, could also complicate efforts to solve Turkey's Kurdish problem. ($1 = 0.7712 euros)

(Additional reporting by Thierry Leveque in Paris, Ece Toksabay in Istanbul and Patrick Markey in Baghdad; Editing by Jon Hemming)

Source: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/10/12/uk-france-kurds-turkey-idUKBRE89B10Q20121012

ChildOfTheJin
10-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Adam Uzen is a leading figure in the KCK. He has nothing to do with the PKK. Nice try!

The Lawspeaker
10-13-2012, 01:40 PM
All the more reason for some good-old collective punishment: they threaten a European country ? O.K.. take hostages and chuck them in internment camps. For each European they kill: shoot 100 internees. That will teach them a lesson.

Demhat
10-13-2012, 01:40 PM
presstv=Ahmedinejad shitpaper. Hurriyet= Turkish version of presstv. Come up with real sources.

ChildOfTheJin
10-13-2012, 01:43 PM
All the more reason for some good-old collective punishment: they threaten a European country ? O.K.. take hostages and chuck them in internment camps. For each European they kill: shoot 100 internees. That will teach them a lesson.

I doubt you are even Dutch. You are probably a Turk who is ashamed of being one. All the Dutch people I know support Kurds, you are obviously a Turkish troll.

Su
10-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Guys this time I have got the news article from A WESTERN source:

Kurdish groups warn France after alleged PKK leader arrested

(Reuters) - The Kurdish National Congress, a coalition of Kurdish groups across Europe, said on Friday it considered the arrest of one of its members in France as a "head-on attack" against the Kurdish people to satisfy Turkey.

Adem Uzun, deemed by Ankara to be the main leader in Europe of the banned Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) armed separatist group, was detained this week pending trial on suspicion of belonging to a terrorist association and trying to acquire weapons.

Clashes in recent months between the Turkish army and PKK militants - classified as a terrorist organisation by Turkey, the United States and the European Union - have been among the heaviest since the group took up arms 28 years ago.

"With this arrest, France has met the expectations of (Turkish Prime Minister) Erdogan," the Kurdistan National Congress (KNK) said in a statement.

"The KNK considers the arrest of Adem Uzun to be a head on attack against the Kurdish people and we hope the French state will reverse this decision."

A French official at the public prosecutor's office said Uzun, who had been under surveillance for several months, was arrested on suspicion of being involved in the purchase of anti-tank missiles for his organisation, including one contract worth 1.2 million euros (970 thousand pounds).

The official said Uzun and two other men belonged to the PKK and had been detained as part of the investigation. Ankara had not yet asked for his extradition, the official said.

A government source in Ankara said he was wanted by Turkish authorities.

Another arm of the PKK, the Kurdistan Communities Union (KCK), threatened Paris directly on Wednesday.

"The KCK ... calls on the French state to desert its hostile attitude against Kurds. Otherwise, the Kurdistan freedom movement and Kurdish people will exercise their rights to retaliate, and will be obliged to make decisions against the interests of the French state." it said.

LONG-RUNNING CONFLICT

The conflict has cost Turkey dearly since the militants took up arms in 1984, both in human and economic terms. There is growing public pressure on Erdogan to bring an end to the bloodshed.

Erdogan on September 27 accused France and Germany of not doing enough to combat the PKK saying they were allowing terrorist leaders to travel freely across Europe.

He has said Turkey will halt its operations against the militants once they lay down arms.

Turkish intelligence officials have had contacts with senior PKK figures in Europe in recent years to try to end a conflict that has claimed more than 40,000 lives but talks broke down.

According to Turkish media, Uzun was part of those talks. He was due to attend a conference on Saturday looking at the future of Kurds in Syria to be held at the French parliament with prominent Iraqi, Turkish and Syrian Kurds.

Turkish analysts suspect Assad of allowing a Syrian Kurdish movement believed to be linked to the PKK, the Democratic Union Party (PYD), to take control in parts of northern Syria to stop locals from joining the rebel Free Syrian Army.

Assad has denied allowing the PKK to operate on Syrian soil and the PYD denies any association with the PKK.

A strong PKK presence in Syria, where Kurds make up about one million of the 21 million population, could also complicate efforts to solve Turkey's Kurdish problem. ($1 = 0.7712 euros)

(Additional reporting by Thierry Leveque in Paris, Ece Toksabay in Istanbul and Patrick Markey in Baghdad; Editing by Jon Hemming)

Source: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/10/12/uk-france-kurds-turkey-idUKBRE89B10Q20121012

The Lawspeaker
10-13-2012, 02:16 PM
I doubt you are even Dutch. You are probably a Turk who is ashamed of being one. All the Dutch people I know support Kurds, you are obviously a Turkish troll.

I don't.. simply because I hate any fucking foreign terrorists. And that's what you lot are to me: a race of terrorists.

Pecheneg
10-13-2012, 02:16 PM
presstv=Ahmedinejad shitpaper. Hurriyet= Turkish version of presstv. Come up with real sources.

Yea, Roj TV / ANF news agency is the best.

He is just some dude behind his PC with an Asian fettish

and you are also another guy behind your pc, what else did you expect in internet forum?

Su
10-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Yea, Roj TV / ANF news agency is the best.

and you are also another guy behind your pc, what else did you expect in internet forum?

Hey I got also the same news with threatening France from Reuters and posted the article with the source, let's see what the pkk terrorists will say :bored:

Anatolian Eagle
10-13-2012, 02:24 PM

It always amuses me to see such comments, "Everyone else in Europe supports Kurds, those who don't are 100% Turks" :D:D:D Please keep it up! I'm sure those British and French police involved in PKK arrests are infact Turks in denial.

The Lawspeaker
10-13-2012, 02:29 PM
It always amuses me to see such comments, "Everyone else in Europe supports Kurds, those who don't are 100% Turks" :D:D:D Please keep it up! I'm sure those British and French police involved in PKK arrests are infact Turks in denial.

I can't remember the last time Turks or even Moroccans (especially the latter being scum of the earth) threatened Europeans with violence if they did not get their way. But the Kurds have shown what they are like: and that's why I think that we should indeed use the harshest methods at our disposal to crack down on them. If they want to take their little war into our countries and sow the storm of terrorism then we should unleash upon them the whirlwind.

Anatolian Eagle
10-13-2012, 02:29 PM

I responded to you in another thread but here it is written in yet another "shitpaper", or worlds' top one reliable source in earth in your eyes.

http://ikjnews.com/?p=5334

Any new excuses, or are you going to tell me PKK thanked France for their arrests?

Cannabis Sativa
10-13-2012, 10:15 PM
"Everyone else in Europe supports Kurds, those who don't are 100% Turks"

Not everyone in fact. They lost their reputation in Germany after the last euro crisis. Perhaps leftist organizations and parties in Germany may provide them some welfare checks. It is a well known fact that left hand Germans have been in a great love with kurds and ultraislamists for last two decades.

http://www.trt.net.tr/trtworld/en/newsDetail.aspx?HaberKodu=cdae3360-80be-40a0-845e-643716253e19

Some old news, but Herr Friedrich accused German Left Parties for legalizing the demonstrations of PKK in Germany. Whoever he is, i do know less about this man but at least he made a confession.

ChildOfTheJin
10-14-2012, 11:15 AM
I can't remember the last time Turks or even Moroccans (especially the latter being scum of the earth) threatened Europeans with violence if they did not get their way. But the Kurds have shown what they are like: and that's why I think that we should indeed use the harshest methods at our disposal to crack down on them. If they want to take their little war into our countries and sow the storm of terrorism then we should unleash upon them the whirlwind.

PKK doesn't represent the Kurdish people nor do I support them threatening France. That is not Kurdish culture. The only reason why I support the PKK is because of the PKK, Kurds have gained more rights, but still isn't a lot.

The entire Kurdish nation isn't taking our war into your European countries, but those Kurds that do, have adopted Western culture. Turks have created an organization called Bozkurt which threatens all those who hate Turks in Europe. That organization (which does not represent the Turkish people in Europe) has created this war.

There are idiots in all ethnic groups, including the Dutch, my sister has a good Turkish friend.

And for Gods sake, stop insulting us.

The Lawspeaker
10-14-2012, 11:18 AM
PKK doesn't represent the Kurdish people nor do I support them threatening France. That is not Kurdish culture. The only reason why I support the PKK is because of the PKK, Kurds have gained more rights, but still isn't a lot.

The entire Kurdish nation isn't taking our war into your European countries, but those Kurds that do, have adopted Western culture. Turks have created an organization called Bozkurt which threatens all those who hate Turks in Europe. That organization (which does not represent the Turkish people in Europe) has created this war.

There are idiots in all ethnic groups, including the Dutch, my sister has a good Turkish friend.

And for Gods sake, stop insulting us.

And now you're trying to be peacenick. But you and I know this is just takkiyah. :)