PDA

View Full Version : Is there destiny?

Incel King
10-13-2012, 05:31 PM
I feel that sometimes things that happens to us seems like we can't control them. Is our future in our hands or it's in hands of destiny? What do you think about it? I'm really confused about it.

Tabiti
10-13-2012, 09:42 PM
20% is destiny, maybe. Things we can't control.

Midori
10-13-2012, 09:46 PM
I don't know, but I personally do not believe in fate

Blackout
10-14-2012, 01:42 PM
I do believe in fate / destiny, but we have the choice to do what we want. For example it may be someone's destiny to die in a train crash due to a faulty track. But that person caught that specific train at the time it came themselves. So essentially we act out our own destiny.

ficuscarica
10-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Fate or not - nobody can control his life. You can drop dead in the next second. Your wife or your child can drop dead in the next second. Thatīs how it is. How many people had this or that plan but suddendly found themselves in the hospital or died...

Blackout
10-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Fate or not - nobody can control his life. You can drop dead in the next second. Your wife or your child can drop dead in the next second. Thatīs how it is. How many people had this or that plan but suddendly found themselves in the hospital or died...

Agreed! Life can be quite cruel sometimes, but you just have to learn to live with it.

Or alternatively (not my own view) you could go crazy and get into a high speed chase with the police before getting into a shoot out with them, and if your down to the last bullet you could turn the gun on yourself.

Not what i would recommend, but some people just lose it (like in the film 'falling down'). :icon_wink:

Mortimer
10-14-2012, 02:15 PM

i fully agree;)

Guapo
10-14-2012, 02:19 PM
In a nutshell, yes. Now let's move on.

Virtuous
10-14-2012, 02:38 PM
I believe you make the decisions, but I also believe there's some sort of invisible hand that is pushing you and guiding you through the path that you're meant to walk through and shape yourself.

Incel King
10-14-2012, 03:47 PM
I think that we think that we make decisions and decide our future, but that's actually already destined, but we're still convinced that's our choice.

Piparskeggr
10-14-2012, 03:50 PM
We are all destined to die, otherwise, make the trip one that you'll enjoy.

Flintlocke
10-14-2012, 03:52 PM
No but you can make pretty accurate predictions about the future since the majority of people always behave within certain patterns.

Sarmatian
10-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Most people will answer according to what they feel about their own lives and whether they believe they have control over it. It almost impossible to find a scientific evidence to either of claims.

However research on twins separated at birth made participants believe that at least part of our lives is predefined and cannot be avoided no matter what. Similarities of lives of twins grown up in different countries very often have no logical explanation.

As for my personal opinion see my signature :cool:

Osprey
10-14-2012, 04:20 PM
There's a path set out for everyone.
But only a selected few, who remain truly happy, choose that one.
Most fumble in the dark. That's why they remian unhappy.

el22
10-14-2012, 05:44 PM
* We make choices in life, so we have some control over it.
* We are part of a bigger universe that functions according to some laws, so some things are 'destined' to go in a predicted way
* Again, because each of us is a drop in a ocean, randomness has its saying, so chance, of fate has its part too.

Wonder
10-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Even if you found out that fate exists and your destiny is pre-determined for certain, would it change the way you live? I don't think so, so it doesn't really matter.

Osprey
10-14-2012, 09:07 PM
The key point is embracing and sttrengthening your fate.
Not resisting it or anything.
Its not a game of arm wrestling, its like trying to dry the ocean.....