PDA

View Full Version : Social media campaign tries to brand Turkish song as Greek

Anatolian Eagle
10-14-2012, 08:20 PM
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/images/news/201210/n_32364_4.jpg
The image used for the Wikipedia page of 'Athillas Thasos.'

Turkish social media users have started a campaign to pass Turkish singer Atilla Taş off as a Greek after his song, “Yamyam Style” – inspired by the global phenomenon “Gangnam Style” – caused embarrassment when it was posted on YouTube.

People began commenting on Taş’s YouTube video, describing him as a Greek singer and pretending to express their admiration for him as a supposedly Greek musician with comments like “I Love Greece! I Love Athillas Tashos!” “Greeks are very lucky, they have Athillas Thasos” “Best of Greece,” “I love You, Greek music.”

Another video was uploaded onto YouTube introducing the singer as “Athillas Thasos” instead of Atilla Taş.

The movement spread quickly across social media, jumping to 9Gag and Twitter, while the hashtag #athillasthasos briefly trended worldwide.

A Wikipedia page was also created for Athillas Thasos, but administrators have since placed a large notice at the top explaining that the page is set for deletion due to its lack of citations.

Turkish social media users are continuing to comment on the video.

As of this morning, the original “Gangnam Style” video by South Korean rapper PSY has attracted over 457 million views on YouTube.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/social-media-campaign-tries-to-brand-turkish-song-as-greek.aspx?pageID=238&nID=32364&NewsCatID=374

Athillas Thasos is definitely my favorite singer in Greece. :D

Azalea
10-14-2012, 08:21 PM
So pathethic but so funny at the same time. :lol:

ChildOfTheJin
10-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Lol, poor guy, the Turks don't want him anymore :D

Onur
10-14-2012, 08:27 PM
lol this is so funny, haha :)

But the title is wrong. People are trying to brand Attila Taş as a Greek singer, not only his ripoff song.

Annihilus
10-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Atilla Taş is a son of a bulgarian father and an armenian mother. He lives in Greece and is a great supporter of the swiss national team. Also he supports the syrian leader Bashar al-Assad.

Lol, what did this guy do?

Arsen_
10-14-2012, 11:23 PM
The same way the singer called Ajdar from the first video published 14.02.2007

UNWr-XbQTlQ

they now (13.10.2012) publish the same song and call him Ajdaryan and write comments like this: "Oh my god this is the best Armenian singer i have ever seen"

WKIyPqGdN_k

Also there are many funny google-translated comments in Armenian language which don't sound real Armenian.

Annihilus
10-14-2012, 11:25 PM
http://www.athillasthasos.com/ :D

Siberian Cold Breeze
10-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Oh please pass Ismail YK too..
(I am full of hope after Attila Taş And Ajdar ..)

Su
10-15-2012, 02:54 AM
YEAAAHHHHH Ismail YK :D

Su
10-15-2012, 03:46 AM
♥ Athillas Thasos ♥ HELLAS ♥! YamYamSTYLE! ♥

Τούρκοι σκατά!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL
LOOOOLLLLLLLL
:naughty:

Su
10-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Ajdar'i da ermeni olur: Ajdar Hiyaryan :D

Onur
10-15-2012, 02:06 PM
The campaign of Turkish social media users spreads. Here is Thayyipis Erdoganidis;

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/389555_331129376984217_729520988_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=331129376984217&set=a.174384889325334.34793.174377972659359&type=1&ref=nf

Comments below the picture are hilarious like;
"Ohh have a mercy for poor Greeks, they are already in trouble, don't send the troublemaker in there" :lol:

Absinthe
10-15-2012, 02:09 PM
This song is so embarassing that it deeply perplexes me, why two nations would fight over its copyright :D

Cannabis Sativa
10-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Of course Athillas Thassos is our favorite singer here. So Ajdar Anikyan. :thumb001:

Millet ciddi ciddi yemiş ama. İteleyin şunu Yunan'a, çaktırmayın esas sansınlar. <3

Su
10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Also another new Greek singer: Nihathos Doghanis

Also Dogus (onuda pazarlayalim) hehe

Queen B
10-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Those names make absolutely no sense in Greek but anyway.
This is kinda sad, to see how many people have such a problem with Greece, to creat this whole issue.
At least gangam style is cool :cool::cool:

Kemalisté
10-15-2012, 03:56 PM
This is kinda sad, to see how many people have such a problem with Greece, to creat this whole issue.

It shows we really give value to you. :thumb001:

Queen B
10-15-2012, 03:58 PM
It shows we really give value to you. :thumb001:
Your attention is value-less, you should know it already ;);)

Annihilus
10-15-2012, 03:59 PM
We should make some cool Greeks Turkish, do they have any?

Cannabis Sativa
10-15-2012, 04:08 PM

No we have no such a problem. Of course Athillas Thassos is the best, you're being jelaous of him. I hope he wins the next Eurovision. Amen. We all support Athillas Thassos in his righteous case. :angel

http://www.facebook.com/AthillaStyle

He even got an official fan page in facebook. :D

Dipnot: Desteğinizi esirgemeyin Athillas Thassos'tan.

Queen B
10-15-2012, 04:15 PM
No we have no such a problem. Of course Athillas Thassos is the best, you're being jelaous of him. I hope he wins the next Eurovision. Amen. We all support Athillas Thassos in his righteous case. :angel

Nice of you. Bulgaria have Azis, you have Athillas. Lucky Turks :D:D

Annihilus
10-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Adnan Oktar Gangnam Style

DFshyFDB8cA

Siberian Cold Breeze
10-15-2012, 07:42 PM
cool
With a bandana we can pass him to Korea ..:D

(They can be great buddies with Reverend Sun Myung Moon )

Oppa Adnan style!!

Benacer
10-15-2012, 07:48 PM
The campaign of Turkish social media users spreads. Here is Thayyipis Erdoganidis;

Comments below the picture are hilarious like;
"Ohh have a mercy for poor Greeks, they are already in trouble, don't send the troublemaker in there" :lol:

Erdoganidis :D:D:D

Queen B
10-15-2012, 08:57 PM

:rotfl:

Siberian Cold Breeze
10-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Actually Atilla Taş made a good start ,he had a potential , he was kinda cute ,childish, funny and he has a good voice too..But his attention seeking emotional moods made him an annoying media celebrity ..
He sabotaged his own carrier as a singer .
cLFq2JmTr8c

Little girl in this clip is Beren Saat (her childhood) :)

Queen B
10-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Little girl in this clip is Beren Saat (her childhood) :)
Wow!!!!!!!!!

Fear Fiain
06-25-2014, 07:11 AM
The same way the singer called Ajdar from the first video published 14.02.2007

UNWr-XbQTlQ

they now (13.10.2012) publish the same song and call him Ajdaryan and write comments like this: "Oh my god this is the best Armenian singer i have ever seen"

WKIyPqGdN_k

Also there are many funny google-translated comments in Armenian language which don't sound real Armenian.

not enough guttural consonants, eh?

PlanA
06-25-2014, 11:51 AM
LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_sG0RRJtjY

Kemalisté
06-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Turks tease people they sympathize with, it's kind of a tradition, Greeks don't need to be offended by this. It shows we actually do give shit about them. Too bad we don't see enough return, too much historical hatred is injected upon Greek people from their childhood.

Casandrinos
06-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Turks tease people they sympathize with, it's kind of a tradition, Greeks don't need to be offended by this. It shows we actually do give shit about them. Too bad we don't see enough return, too much historical hatred is injected upon Greek people from their childhood.

You are actually retards that's why

1)The teasing is fail and stupid.

2)Recognize any genocide first or condemn your expansive politics in the Balkans to show your liberality.

Hithaeglir
06-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Even their humour is sleazy...

Siberian Cold Breeze
06-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Read from the first page ..Before you guys come, Greeks and Turks were not insulting eachother .
We were not really friendly but at least we were being polite , especially at lounge .
If someone has no sense of humor, that must be these Greeks who came recently .

wvwvw
06-26-2014, 04:44 PM
This Turkish guy is onviously a greek wannabe hoping to sell his garbage music to Greece

We don't "claim" him as greek, he claimed himself he had greek origins.

Kemalisté
06-26-2014, 05:56 PM
You are actually retards that's why

1)The teasing is fail and stupid.

2)Recognize any genocide first or condemn your expansive politics in the Balkans to show your liberality.

The fact that you guys are mad makes the teasing not a fail.

Casandrinos
06-26-2014, 06:02 PM

How did you come to that conclusion?

I can get mad at many things but that's not it

It is very childish and weird coming from people that have unclear approach towards us.

Anatolian Eagle
06-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Even their humour is sleazy...

Better sleazy humor than none.

Anatolian Eagle
06-26-2014, 06:33 PM
This Turkish guy is onviously a greek wannabe hoping to sell his garbage music to Greece

We don't "claim" him as greek, he claimed himself he had greek origins.

Lol.

I am not sure what's more hilarious, the fact that you clearly have no clue about what OP is saying or that you claim he's a "onviously" Greek wannabe?

This is pretty outdated stuff anyway, not a big deal if it doesn't make much sense anymore. Seems like someone just necro'd thread out of nothing.

Kemalisté
06-26-2014, 06:35 PM
How did you come to that conclusion?

I can get mad at many things but that's not it

It is very childish and weird coming from people that have unclear approach towards us.

We like you guys, why so much hatred? many Turks I know supported Greece as a neighbour in the World Cup. You're raised in a wrong way by the education system.

Petros Houhoulis
06-26-2014, 06:50 PM

Yeah, this explains why everybody from Colombia to the Philippines are taking our side or even charge against you on their own... You are a kind hearted people who seem to be victims of the Greek educational system, the Colombian educational system, the Philippinese educational system, and so on...

Casandrinos
06-26-2014, 06:51 PM
We like you guys, why so much hatred? many Turks I know supported Greece as a neighbour in the World Cup. You're raised in a wrong way by the education system.

You don't know anything about Greek education

In our ''education'' we learn that in Smyrna there was ''traffic'' on the port that's why people killed

And there is only a paragraph on Pontian genoicide

Thx to our liberals

The whole thing is politics and abuse of history

Either you accept that somethings did happened and are not armenian/greek/kurd propaganda or you will keep an unclear approach and don't expect anyone to believe your wills.

Petros Houhoulis
06-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Read from the first page ..Before you guys come, Greeks and Turks were not insulting eachother .
We were not really friendly but at least we were being polite , especially at lounge .
If someone has no sense of humor, that must be these Greeks who came recently .

As far as I can remember, "before we guys came", the Turkish section had witnessed an Albanian troll attack resulting to a large number of Turks fleeing the site, followed by desperate appeals by Loki to keep them in or recruit new ones...

...Followed by numerous and utterly ridiculous attempts by Turks to troll us for our "economic travails", silly Turks trying to Islamize Europe (look at my signature) and other acts which have turned the Turkish people the enmity of every civilized person. Ironically, you are so fucking stupid that even the Arabs hate you, including the Muslim ones, as you have witnessed by numerous members of this forum...

You are just a bunch of lowly thieves, worshippers of mass murderers and drug traffickers (even if you made your best to erase your tracks, we do remember your actions, and we won't forget because the bastard you idolized has been "cherished" by the Turkish nationalist underworld as someone who committed arson in Greek forests) which means that you won't get any respite...

...Unless of course, if you go to your fucking Siberia where you came from...

Petros Houhoulis
06-26-2014, 07:11 PM

I would prefer it if you supported us in Cyprus for a start, or in the massacres of 1955 within Istanbul...

Cut the crap Kemaliste, you are raised in a wrong way by your educational system. Why don't you take a look at the likes of Gutelkin, Carlito, Hoca, Memet, Xyresic and countless other 1000% morons from your side?

As far as your true past, you Turks have murdered only a few dozen million people during the last thousand years or so, or was it a hundred million people? The verdict is still out on that issue, there are battles waged in wikipedia and elsewhere about the true number of the Mughals' victims...

Petros Houhoulis
06-26-2014, 07:18 PM

We are not mad. We are keeping the lid on you so that you will never enter the E.U. As far as I am concerned, you are mad and overrun by a lunatic Sultan Mad Dog... Unfortunately for you Kemaliste, the most of your folks are mad for Sultan Mad Dog, and not mad at Sultan Mad Dog as yourself...

Rojava
06-26-2014, 07:49 PM
As far as I can remember, "before we guys came", the Turkish section had witnessed an Albanian troll attack resulting to a large number of Turks fleeing the site, followed by desperate appeals by Loki to keep them in or recruit new ones...

I remember that. Many Turks got banned too for their insults towards certain members and the racism towards several ethnic groups. After that things calmed down a bit but when Gultekin and Midas arrived shit started again...

Danishmend
06-26-2014, 09:44 PM
@Kemaliste
Böyle bir forumda Pollyanna gibi davranarak hata yapıyosun. Buradaki Yunan üyelerin çoğu Golden Dawn'ı destekleyen ve İstanbul'u geri almayı düşleyen dangalaklardan oluşuyor. Sen istediğin kadar "eğitim sisteminiz" falan de, Raine gibi bir spastiğe laf anlatamazsın. Kimse sana Yunan düşmanı ol demiyor, ama Yunan dostluğunu başka bir ortama sakla.

Fairy tale.
Name me a Turkish member who gave up posting because of that? They are either banned (Hoca, Mehmet etc.) or left the forum due to other reasons (Onur, Partizan)

Kemalisté
06-26-2014, 10:09 PM
@Kemaliste
Böyle bir forumda Pollyanna gibi davranarak hata yapıyosun. Buradaki Yunan üyelerin çoğu Golden Dawn'ı destekleyen ve İstanbul'u geri almayı düşleyen dangalaklardan oluşuyor. Sen istediğin kadar "eğitim sisteminiz" falan de, Raine gibi bir spastiğe laf anlatamazsın. Kimse sana Yunan düşmanı ol demiyor, ama Yunan dostluğunu başka bir ortama sakla.

Fairy tale.
Name me a Turkish member who gave up posting because of that? They are either banned (Hoca, Mehmet etc.) or left the forum due to other reasons (Onur, Partizan)

Raine denen beyin özürlüye laf anlatmaya çalışmıyorum bu forumda gayet makul Yunan arkadaşlar da var, ayrıca bu heyecanlı ergenlerde de hala umut var eğer bir taraf adım atmazsa bu sorun çözülmez, Yunanlılarla çok ortak noktamız var bu durumu hak etmiyoruz.

PlanA
06-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Raine denen beyin özürlüye laf anlatmaya çalışmıyorum bu forumda gayet makul Yunan arkadaşlar da var, ayrıca bu heyecanlı ergenlerde de hala umut var eğer bir taraf adım atmazsa bu sorun çözülmez, Yunanlılarla çok ortak noktamız var bu durumu hak etmiyoruz.

O makul Yunanlilarin bir listeni yapar misin? Kac kisi makul. kac kisi makul degil, soyle birde % orantisinada bakmakta kar vardir.

Kemalisté
06-28-2014, 04:14 PM
O makul Yunanlilarin bir listeni yapar misin? Kac kisi makul. kac kisi makul degil, soyle birde % orantisinada bakmakta kar vardir.

İşsiz miyim ben onu hesaplıcam. Kazimiera aklıma gelen.

Azalea
06-28-2014, 04:31 PM
O Guney Afrikali, Yunanlilara uzaktan yakindan alakasi yok. :lol:

Siberian Cold Breeze
06-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Turkish Greek history in one second .

http://i.imgur.com/WGgMx9E.jpg

Casandrinos
06-29-2014, 06:23 PM
The fun fact about Durks

Is that they brand all the Ottoman Muzzies as theirs while they want to portray the durkified trash as Greeks

I guess they try to improve their image and have a reason to exist

The Middle Eastern is stronk though.