PDA

View Full Version : Losing Old Gods, Finding Nature

Sol Invictus
10-23-2012, 05:17 AM
The march of pantheistic Goddess/nature worship now sweeps the world of traditional theism! Beware!

http://www.religiondispatches.org/books/rd10q/2149/losing_old_gods,_finding_nature/

arcticwolf
11-02-2012, 01:22 AM
That is not a bad development if it does not replace one set of beliefs with another. If finding nature means neutral observation with the intent to understand it, then I'm in, if it means rituals, weird dancing and going into trans and other useless silly stuff then I'm out.

I'm tired of "hamster's wheel" if it's not pragmatic and leading to understanding of realty I have no use for it.

Sol Invictus
11-02-2012, 03:06 AM
And what are these deeper meanings contained within the panthestic neo-pagan enviro complex/pleasure dome?

kabeiros
11-02-2012, 12:44 PM
if it means rituals, weird dancing and going into trans and other useless silly stuff then I'm out. what's wrong with beautiful, sexy girls dancing in the forests? I'm all for it

arcticwolf
11-02-2012, 12:46 PM
You haven't read my post, have you?

That's the point nothing. I said no BS, no BELIEFS.

My comment was on nature/reality.

arcticwolf
11-02-2012, 12:49 PM
what's wrong with beautiful, sexy girls dancing in the forests? I'm all for it

Well bro, I don't either from the esthetic and pleasure point of view. ;)

As far as understanding reality and developing the mind, it's just not the way it's done or it works.

If the goal is to get laid or have fun, yeah it will work just fine, if it is to get some smarts it won't do much for it. :D

kabeiros
11-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Don't get so serious arcticwolf, I just said I like this kind of rituals, I didn't say that this should be all of it. Dancing (preferably naked) in the forest and using mind expanding substances helps in understanding nature and reality IMO

arcticwolf
11-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Don't get so serious arcticwolf, I just said I like this kind of rituals, I didn't say that this should be all of it. Dancing (preferably naked) in the forest and using mind expanding substances helps in understanding nature and reality IMO

My friend God knows how much I wish that was true! :D

It beats sitting for hours motionless, and observing neutrally the stream of subconscious and consequent conscious reactions to it.

If what you say is true I have wasted lots and lots of my time for nothing! :D

Maybe I should start running naked in the forest and do some acid instead? :p

kabeiros
11-02-2012, 01:07 PM
you should do both of them

arcticwolf
11-02-2012, 01:13 PM
you should do both of them

Alright, I'll give it a shot! :D

Now I need to find a place where the climate is nice year round and females are pretty. Where I'm at, winters are chilly for the most part and a lot of females are in the heavy weight division and I like slender chicks.

Any suggestions where I should move to? :p

kabeiros
11-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I didn't know Polish girls are fat, in fact some of the most beautiful girls I met were Polish. As for the rest of your question you don't have to dance naked in the forest during the winter, this rituals should be performed in spring when nature is resurrected again :thumb001:

Blackout
11-02-2012, 03:42 PM
I didn't know Polish girls are fat, in fact some of the most beautiful girls I met were Polish. As for the rest of your question you don't have to dance naked in the forest during the winter, this rituals should be performed in spring when nature is resurrected again :thumb001:

What religion do you follow (if any)?

kabeiros
11-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Crescent I'm not a follower of any religion but I'm sympathetic to religions which shaped Greek culture- ancient Greek paganism and Christian Orthodoxy

Flintlocke
11-02-2012, 04:47 PM
ena arxidi kai ena mydi mas kanane ton Arximidh :rolleyes:

kabeiros
11-02-2012, 05:00 PM
flintlocke ο ποιητής

arcticwolf
11-02-2012, 06:33 PM

That's absolutely true, Polish chicks are one of the most beautiful in the world. The problem is I am not in Poland.

Greece sounds nice, I like the weather and the women are my type as well. Do you think that would work for me? :p

Sol Invictus
11-02-2012, 09:28 PM
You haven't read my post, have you?

That's the point nothing. I said no BS, no BELIEFS.

My comment was on nature/reality.

But you said it's no problem as long it is not replacing anything, which it is. This is part of the new age world-wide goddess earth-cult religion sent by the infernal forces of decadence to subvert and replace traditional sciences and metaphysics! If this is a good thing, then one must believe in the idea that the Greater (masculine) can indeed come from the Lesser (feminine), which is pretty consistent with the false modern scientific theory that we are experiencing an evolution rather than an involution, which the traditional doctrines of the ages suggest in every spiritual system.

Lathander
11-02-2012, 09:46 PM

Because wrinkled grandmothers will attend too!Considering old ones are generally more religious than young ones...

Visigodo Español
11-02-2012, 10:23 PM
But you said it's no problem as long it is not replacing anything, which it is. This is part of the new age world-wide goddess earth-cult religion sent by the infernal forces of decadence to subvert and replace traditional sciences and metaphysics! If this is a good thing, then one must believe in the idea that the Greater (masculine) can indeed come from the Lesser (feminine), which is pretty consistent with the false modern scientific theory that we are experiencing an evolution rather than an involution, which the traditional doctrines of the ages suggest in every spiritual system.

This is awful. To Hel (deliberately spelled as is. Not to be confused with the Christian Hell) with anything and everything new- age. Our old gods and traditions and customs will never die so much as long as there exist White Aryan men (and women who adhere to and uphold our ancient ancestral volkish path). I'm a self- proclaimed follower of Odinism, however I don't treat them as literal beings but rather metaphorical and metaphysical representations of the various aspects of life, death, and nature for the most part, at least. Runes, on the other hand.. Unless you know well what you're dealing with, I suggest not fucking around with them as many "Pagans" on Youtube so gladly do, devoid of any knowledge of the consequences for doing so as well as other essential facts that they ignorantly ignore. Anyway, I'm sure that these gods exist, but are energy that we assign them their respective names which, obviously, vary from culture to culture.

arcticwolf
11-03-2012, 08:19 PM

No I did not! You've changed the meaning of what I said. This is what I said: That is not a bad development if it does not replace one set of beliefs with another.

Replacing one BS story with another is not an answer. Read my post with comprehension and don't change the meaning of what I wrote.

Albion
11-04-2012, 12:20 AM

What happens if they're ugly? ;)

kabeiros
11-04-2012, 12:34 AM
I don't want to see ugly naked girls dancing, that's for sure Albion

Óttar
11-11-2012, 03:27 AM
:picard1:

Throughout history, going back at least to the ancient Babylonians and Egyptians, female beings, goddesses, have been symbolic of political and spiritual sovereignty. It was the goddess Ishtar which gave the mandate of the Babylonian king to rule, and it was Isis (called Aset in the original Kemetic language) who was She who suckled the pharaoh, and was the Throne upon which the pharaoh sat. Indeed, Aset means throne, and she was depicted as such in Egyptian hieroglyphics. This persisted throughout history in the cult of the Blessed Virgin Mary, where She gave the mandate to Catholic (especially Spanish) kings to rule.

This talk of a cthonic feminine cult in opposition to a masculine solar cult is completely bogus. On top of the points I just made above, what of the Germans who conceive of the moon as masculine, and the sun as feminine?

Hmmm... :rolleyes2:

Sol Invictus
11-11-2012, 05:03 AM
:picard1:

Throughout history, going back at least to the ancient Babylonians and Egyptians, female beings, goddesses, have been symbolic of political and spiritual sovereignty. It was the goddess Ishtar which gave the mandate of the Babylonian king to rule, and it was Isis (called Aset in the original Kemetic language) who was She who suckled the pharaoh, and was the Throne upon which the pharaoh sat. Indeed, Aset means throne, and she was depicted as such in Egyptian hieroglyphics. This persisted throughout history in the cult of the Blessed Virgin Mary, where She gave the mandate to Catholic (especially Spanish) kings to rule.

This talk of a cthonic feminine cult in opposition to a masculine solar cult is completely bogus. On top of the points I just made above, what of the Germans who conceive of the moon as masculine, and the sun as feminine?

Hmmm... :rolleyes2:

In Tantrism the state of ultimate bliss is a transcendence of dualities male-female, energy-consciousness, Shiva-Shakti...

And as I have explained before the male principle reabsorbs the female principle that it lost. Shiva regains his Shakti. Or his power of immanence in the world.

Eve emanated from Adam. Shakti came from Shiva. The Yin proceeds from the Yang. Binah, the female, emanates from Chockmah, the male, in Jewish Kabbala. Isis proceeds from Osiris in the ancient Egyptian Ennead. All the symbolic cosmogonies are identical: The male principle precedes that of the female and is therefore superior; the Lesser does not come from the Greater.

rashka
11-11-2012, 05:15 AM
I don't understand what he's trying to say. I find he doesn't get to the point.
This is the author of that article: Bron Taylor
http://www.religiondispatches.org/images/managed/Story+Image_brontaylor_302.jpg