PDA

View Full Version : Das Boot (1981 - GERMAN)

The Lawspeaker
10-23-2012, 09:16 PM
tuO4-ZayOCM
mQR540N857I
UorZDsFVTDI
Das Boot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Boot)

Tabiti
10-23-2012, 09:18 PM
A must see! Worth the 5 hours uncut version! All u-boat movies are based on this one.

The Lawspeaker
10-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Das Boot is probably one of the best films I have ever seen. I was 10 or 11 when I watched it for the first time and it has always remained one of my favourites. What makes it so interesting is not just the setting (the submarine crew and it's surroundings) but also the fact that it is in German and shows the war from a German perspective - being made in an age where all films showed the war from the Allied perspective. I must admit that I felt a bit sorry for those sailors when their crew was decimated and their boat sunk during the air raid at the end of the film. A true masterpiece !

P.S: I know there is an English-language version of the film but frankly: it sucks. Just the fact that it has been dubbed into English destroys the film as the original, in German, is much more lively because of the dialogues have less meaning when dubbed in English. English, frankly, is a less powerful language and translating dialogues is always bound to f.... them up.

Lena
10-23-2012, 09:32 PM
P.S: I know there is an English-language version of the film but frankly: it sucks. Just the fact that it has been dubbed into English destroys the film as the original, in German, is much more lively because of the dialogues have less meaning when dubbed in English because it is, frankly, a less powerful language and translating dialogues is always bound to f.... them up.

Hmmmm... I've seen it ages ago, but if my memory serves me well (?) it was with Serbian or English subtitles. Nevertheless, great movie :)

Leadchucker
10-23-2012, 10:40 PM
P.S: I know there is an English-language version of the film but frankly: it sucks. Just the fact that it has been dubbed into English destroys the film as the original, in German, is much more lively because of the dialogues have less meaning when dubbed in English. English, frankly, is a less powerful language and translating dialogues is always bound to f.... them up.

:thumb001:
English dub version sucked. I didn't even watch the whole movie it was so wrong. If you watch enough "foriegn"or other language movies with sub titles, they become seamless after a bit and you don't realize you're actually reading them.