PDA

View Full Version : What are you thankful for?

Frigga
10-24-2012, 04:31 PM
A thread to think about the positive things in our lives. So, what are you thankful for?

I'm thankful for my older brother who is able to take a frantic phone call from his baby sister when she's caused the breaker on the stove and fridge to flip out, and tell her exactly what she needs to do to fix it, even though it's been ages since she's called to just chat.

Tabiti
10-24-2012, 04:36 PM
That I'm in overall good physical health, don't suffer from any genetic diseases, was born in a middle class family, had some chances in life, can make decisions by myself.

Lithium
10-24-2012, 06:16 PM
I am grateful that I have a good health, that I have the opportunities to change my life, to have my family and relatives both alive and healthy and the money and material things I posses.

Mans not hot
10-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Being alive, plus there's always someone worse off no matter who or where you are.

Osprey
10-24-2012, 06:48 PM
That I've met such wonderful people as Frigga, rihannon, Kazimiera!!

Aura
10-24-2012, 06:57 PM
for my friend who surprised me with such a pure friendship without any conditions.

Midori
10-24-2012, 07:02 PM
positive things in our lives.

lol

Leliana
10-24-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm thankful for my family (Mom and Dad first of all), my friends, my upbringing, my health and the daily small little joys I'm allowed to undergo! :)

Corvus
10-24-2012, 08:57 PM
That I am quite healthy, well nourished, equipped with ratio and still young enough to reach my life ambitions

Germanicus
10-24-2012, 10:44 PM
I am thankful for all the things that has happened to me so far in my life.
Having had 2 sons when I was a very young man, raising them to be honest trustworthy men, whom I love and respect.
For my chance of true happyness married to a woman for the second time.
The wealth I have managed to earn for myself through honest hard work.
Lastly I am thankful for the.grandchildren my sons have given me.

Peyrol
10-24-2012, 10:59 PM
I've sincerely very few things "to be happy for" in last times...but definitely i've to thank the remnant part of my family (My mom, my maternal grandmother and...my cat Leila).

Kazimiera
10-24-2012, 11:07 PM
I am very thankful for my family, who has stood by me though thick and thin. I am thankful for my job, that I am able to work in an evironment which suits me. To be a beneficial member of a team. I am thankful for both my wonderful husband, and that I have more right decisions in my life than wrong ones.

LouisFerdinand
03-10-2018, 01:42 AM
Being able to plant flowers in a beautiful color arrangement.
:yellowrose:rose::dancingrose:pinkflower::redrose:

Tom Cat
03-10-2018, 02:09 AM
I'm grateful to have such a wonderful wife, adorable feline friends, a beautiful home, and the time to enjoy life with them.

amoora
03-10-2018, 02:25 AM
I'm thankful for my family, good health, friends, the opportunities I have in life, my boyfriend

Tom Cat
03-10-2018, 11:14 AM
I don't intend to drive this thread off topic, but I noticed that regardless of our racial, ethnic, political, and national differences, we all just basically want to have the love of family and home in our lives. And, I can't help but think how sad it is that so many individuals don't have these perfectly normal desires fulfilled. Or they lose them to some tragic event such as war or natural disaster.

My wife and I have gradually transformed our property into a beautifully landscaped private sanctuary where we host various social events for friends, co-workers, and their families during pleasant weather.

I distinctly recall, with some regret, my wife proudly flashing a photo album depicting captured moments of our happy lives together from our marriage ceremony to our vacation locations to our various guests. Many of our guests, of course, were also happily married with children present. So they enjoyed learning more about our lives. But not everyone appeared to be so thrilled; especially one attractive middle-aged lady that I especially liked. She began shifting around nervously in her patio chair. It was late evening and getting dark, so I couldn't clearly see her lovely face at the time, but I heard her sob, "Shit!.. Oh well. Maybe in the next life, if there is one." I activated the motion lights and saw how visibly upset she was. She just smiled weakly at me, and I then realized how lonely she actually was. So I quietly told my wife to change the subject.

Just thought I'd provide some food for thought.

Okay, back on topic. :)

Iloko
03-11-2018, 05:07 AM
good health
i'm glad i wasn't born blind
a good home
good access to entertainment
glad i can afford to have internet
to be alive

AK-47
03-11-2018, 05:10 AM
Nothing.
I hope WW3 starts soon, and the entire world is enveloped in nuclear hellfire.

womandarin
04-09-2018, 09:11 PM
I'm thankful that we're safe from the all powerful hand of me_irl.

Harley
03-29-2019, 08:30 AM
I am thankful for having the option to struggle and win small battles, slowly but surely.

I am thankful for my family. I am thankful that my husband is not a controlling dickhead.

I am thankful and also grateful for having my family’s love and support. It gives me strength to be persevere, even when I feel lost.