PDA

View Full Version : Abdnominal Workout

Corvus
10-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Only available in Spanish, but very effective :)

I can only recommend it:

Ha_cMsi9JC0

sturmwalkure
10-25-2012, 07:36 PM
I read this at first as abominable work-out. Oh well. :D

Corvus
10-25-2012, 07:37 PM
I read this at first as abominable work-out. Oh well. :D

LOL oh yes a spelling mistake again :p

safinator
10-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Actually only advance level types can do 8 min workout for abs without stopping.
For a non trained individual even 10-20 abs are difficult, you'll see the soreness the day after.

Corvus
10-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Actually only advance level types can do 8 min workout for abs without stopping.
For a non trained individual even 10-20 abs are difficult, you'll see the soreness the day after.

That might be true. So beginners, please don`t do this at home :D

Tabiti
10-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Interesting. I see some of the movements for first time. Should try it someday.

Superbia
11-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Oh last ones are a torture I can assure that :D But all in all looks good maybe I'll try it tomorrow

Corvus
11-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Oh last ones are a torture I can assure that :D But all in all looks good maybe I'll try it tomorrow

I am glad you like it. I just did it and it still hurts.
Welcome on TA btw :)

Superbia
11-22-2012, 06:45 PM
I am glad you like it. I just did it and it still hurts.
Welcome on TA btw :)

Today I went jogging 60 mins in the woods with mud and everything so I think thats enough hehe but maybe tomorrow I'll try it.
Thanks I think I'll enjoy it here :)

Superbia
11-23-2012, 09:19 PM
So I did it today, man that's nothing! :D The last one is difficult, but the other ones are really slow and, most important, with a LOT of resting time in between! Apart from that, is very focused on the upper abs, I also like to do a lot of lower and oblique. I'd mix it with others :)

safinator
11-23-2012, 09:27 PM
So I did it today, man that's nothing! :D The last one is difficult, but the other ones are really slow and, most important, with a LOT of resting time in between! Apart from that, is very focused on the upper abs, I also like to do a lot of lower and oblique. I'd mix it with others :)
I think oblique abs for a girl aren't good, you can develop muscles there and you'll give the impression of a wider waist.

arcticwolf
11-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh kids, it's a good thing "uncle" arcticwolf is here to help you out! :laugh:

Here are 3 exercises that are superb for ab conditioning:

dragonfly:

yax9veBELyw

one leg one hand push-ups:

b3oJSFYNRv0

stomach vacuum:

4moNqpCZDXA

They are superb and condition your whole core. You'll have 6 pack and then some! :D

Kids ask "uncle" wolf before you hurt yourselves! :laugh:

Superbia
11-23-2012, 11:03 PM
I think oblique abs for a girl aren't good, you can develop muscles there and you'll give the impression of a wider waist.

Well no, quite the contrary, my waist looks much more defined now and I'd say even reduced a couple of cms. Of course, that together with eating correctly and doing some cardio in order to burn fat, which is taken for granted, I assume. Balance is the key I think, I do all kinds of abs and my stomach looks much more defined in every line, also on the sides, and its no way getting bigger. I think a girl has to train every muscle just like a man, only in a way not directed to growing muscle mass but just defininig.

Corvus
11-24-2012, 10:10 AM

You must be a Germanic ÜberWoman if you consider this low intenisity.
Ofc it is not the pinnacle and there are bidding steps like the ones Articwolf has suggested, but IMO it is sufficent at least for average humans and esp. females :icon_lol:

Mans not hot
11-24-2012, 10:14 AM
4moNqpCZDXA

Look like sex work up. I think he's going to impress his wife when he's going to do that. :D

Superbia
11-24-2012, 12:28 PM
You must be a Germanic ÜberWoman if you consider this low intenisity.
Ofc it is not the pinnacle and there are bidding steps like the ones Articwolf has suggested, but IMO it is sufficent at least for average humans and esp. females :icon_lol:

The ones from Articwolf, thats hard stuff. Btw the dragonfly shouldn't be done with totally straight legs?
In Pilates there're also some positions which hurt like hell in the abs to keep. Lot of people do it wrong though and hurt their backs.
There are some females which are over average humans :D

Hàkon
11-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Nordlicht, try the (front) plank.

pSHjTRCQxIw

When doing the plank, remember to have a straight line from the head to the shoulders, the hips, the knees and down to your feet.

And remember to such your navel in (tighten the stomach).

Do this for 3 minutes.

Corvus
11-24-2012, 01:56 PM
^^

I can do this for exactly 3 min, often doing 3 series, this is hard but pays off.

I can also recommend this for the side abs
should be done for at least 4 min each series

Uhez0S4bAAU

arcticwolf
11-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Look like sex work up. I think he's going to impress his wife when he's going to do that. :D

LOL Actually bro, stomach vacuum conditions your inner abdominal muscles like no other exercise, and if you do it everyday your belly will always be flat and trimmed. If there was only one exercise I could do to improve looks and stomach conditioning it would be the stomach vacuum.

Don't put it down because it looks funny, it's extremely effective!

Some say if you do it regularly it will add 10cm to the length and 8cm to the girth of your penis as well! :laugh:

Alright, it won't do anything about you penis size but it is the best stomach exercise overall. :p

Superbia
11-24-2012, 02:06 PM
These are good:

http://www.ejerciciosabdominales.es/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ejercicio-abdominales.jpg

Corvus
11-24-2012, 02:11 PM
In the end the best strenght training without the essence of machines are pull ups.

Pull Ups and Chin Ups are the two best compound back exercises that work on your shoulders, back, biceps and triceps and abs. The technique for performing Pull Ups and Chin Ups is the same, the only difference being in the position of the hands. Though Pull Ups and Chin Ups might be difficult for beginners, slowly and steadily you will gain strength and be able to perform it correctly. Pull Ups and Chin Ups exercise is helpful to gain muscles and develop big lats and back muscles.

http://fitnessanddefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/chin-ups.jpg

5 series of 10 each and you are done

arcticwolf
11-24-2012, 02:25 PM
These are good:

http://www.ejerciciosabdominales.es/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ejercicio-abdominales.jpg

The one thing really worth paying attention to is this: you should never bend over and twist your torso at the same time, it leads to spine problems over time. Either bend over or twist, do not do both if you like your problem free spine. It won't happen overnight but sure as hell you will injure your spine if you do it over prolonged period of time. So, do yourself a favor and learn this little fact, your spine will thank you for it. ;)

Superbia
11-24-2012, 02:27 PM
But in the exercise I posted you only bend over, right? Up and down, but the spine is straight, you don't twist your torso.

morski
11-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Let's cut the crap.

jZ7ipjoBn_c
FCx-fWzRd_Y
:D

arcticwolf
11-24-2012, 02:31 PM
In the end the best strenght training without the essence of machines are pull ups.

Pull Ups and Chin Ups are the two best compound back exercises that work on your shoulders, back, biceps and triceps and abs. The technique for performing Pull Ups and Chin Ups is the same, the only difference being in the position of the hands. Though Pull Ups and Chin Ups might be difficult for beginners, slowly and steadily you will gain strength and be able to perform it correctly. Pull Ups and Chin Ups exercise is helpful to gain muscles and develop big lats and back muscles.

http://fitnessanddefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/chin-ups.jpg

5 series of 10 each and you are done

I agree, pull-ups/chin-ups are great for development of your upper body pulling muscles. The important thing to remember is to keep balance between pulling and pushing muscles. I personally do pull-ups/chin-ups different variations and dips. Those two, pull-ups and dips will develop powerful and balanced upper body. For biceps fans remember your triceps makes up 2/3 of your arm girth, training biceps alone won't give you powerful looking upper arm, it's triceps that makes it look big! :p

Corvus
07-18-2013, 09:56 AM
I have two new favourite workouts. Both routines look simple (esp. the Burpees) but are highly efficent
high intensity workouts esp. for the abdominals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiUT3o5TqwA&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TLstiH0ecUDyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM

Fear Fiain
07-19-2013, 07:08 AM

how did you do it, did you just write down what to do, or follow from video? I'm planning on incorporating this in time, gonna start with just two movements on my abs days...

Freeroostah
07-28-2013, 08:00 AM
There is an American version too. I used to do it almost everyday. Just search abs workout and it will be one of the first results.