PDA

View Full Version : Garry Kasparov

anonymaus
07-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Is this guy the most shameless opportunist in Russian public life, or just the most shameless one who speaks English?

http://i37.tinypic.com/2419u8i.jpg

I saw him on the WSJ Editorial Report today and he claimed, among other things, that Obama is "quite popular...for many reasons" in Russia and that Russians "like the story about Afro-Americans get to the top".

Then he said the Kremlin didn't like this, so they prevented large crowds from gathering.

Maybe it's just me but I throw up in my mouth a little when this guy claims to speak for anyone but himself: isn't his popularity somewhere between man-eating sharks and herpes? I don't believe him for a second.

Loki
07-12-2009, 03:01 AM
He's not even part Russian. He's half Jewish and half Armenian. He was born Garry Weinstein. A shameless liar and propagandist. It's rather funny that Western media takes him seriously, as he's about as popular in Russia as David Duke is in America.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Kasparov-2.jpg

Gooding
07-12-2009, 03:11 AM
Is this guy the most shameless opportunist in Russian public life, or just the most shameless one who speaks English?

I saw him on the WSJ Editorial Report today and he claimed, among other things, that Obama is "quite popular...for many reasons" in Russia and that Russians "like the story about Afro-Americans get to the top".

Then he said the Kremlin didn't like this, so they prevented large crowds from gathering.

Maybe it's just me but I throw up in my mouth a little when this guy claims to speak for anyone but himself: isn't his popularity somewhere between man-eating sharks and herpes? I don't believe him for a second.

The only "Russians" I can think of who might "like" stories like that would be the Jews,Tartars and others who aren't actually Russian at all and are looking for a chance to undermine the interests of the true Russians for their own greed and drive for power. In short, the guy's full of shit and the only people who might care for his words are other idiots who dislike their host country for some reason.

sturmwalkure
07-12-2009, 03:56 AM
haRZxPw0JYg

Groenewolf
07-12-2009, 09:05 AM
He should stick to playing chess. Did he not try to run for president last elections there and lost?

RoyBatty
07-12-2009, 11:09 AM
He's a shameless liar with no support or credibility in Russia whatsoever. However, he has friends in high places in the West. Hence the reason why the Western media are forever touting him as the "voice of reason and democracy" in Russia.

His patron in Russia was Michael Khodorkovsky, an oligarch who had rather high political ambitions of his own and who now is doing hard time somewhere cold. Khodorkovsky himself is directly connected (financially, culturally and socially) to the Rothschild mafia. Draw your own conclusions.....

Ironically enough not too long ago Kasparov's own coalition partners broke ranks with him after complaining that he was too dictatorial, autocratic and trying to hijack the opposition movement. This clown is frequently in the company of other freaks such as the National Bolsheviks (it's a hybrid Nazi and Bolshevik party) :eek: of Eduard Limonov. Unlike Kasparov at least the NB's are amusing and it's sort of a "rights of passage" for young radicals to join the party for a year or two for fun and games until they move on to bigger and better things.

Kasparov was made a highranking member of the US's Center of Security Policy alongside the usual NeoCons, Spooks and hawkish politicians. He also received their "Keeper of the flame" award (whatever that is.....)

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/1400.xml

The interesting thing to note is that his name was hastily removed from this groups public membership list in 2007. Naturally it was a slightly embarrassing oversight to have a "Russian" (of course he isn't Russian at all) with Presidential ambitions belonging to a US Security Organisation. The public back in Russia could naturally be forgiven to be a bit sceptical about their potential "dear leader" being a servant of another country.

Here's one of the old member lists:

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Center_for_Security_Policy/National_Security_Advisory_Council

In April, 2007 it became known that Garry Kasparov is a board member of the
National Security Advisory Council of Center for Security Policy, a "non-profit,
non-partisan national security organization that specializes in identifying policies,
actions, and resource needs that are vital to American security".

Kasparov confirmed
this and added that he was removed shortly after he was aware of it. He noted that he
didn't know about the membership and suggested he was included in the board by an
accident.

He ain't lying here. It was a rather dumb "accident" of them to make it public :D

However, Garry Kasparov received the 1991 Flame award from the Center
for Security Policy. The Center for Security Policy nominates this award to recognize
those "individuals who have enhanced American security"

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meetdocs/2004_2009/documents/dv/afet24052007_cvkasparov_/afet24052007_cvkasparov_en.pdf

It doesn't take much imagination to understand that he is really serving foreign masters. Russians know and understand this.

RoyBatty
07-12-2009, 11:20 AM

That may have been slightly true in the times of the USSR when people were brainwashed a lot more by the state into liking and supporting "Revolutionary Underdogs" but in the Russia of 2009 people have little reason to care for Obongos who aren't representative of "change" in any case.

Those "crowds" had better things to do than to stare at the circus coming into town.

It isn't just you, I fully agree with what you're saying. Kasparov is a fantasist, a shameless professional liar and despised throughout the country. That doesn't stop the Murdoch media (Fox, WSJ etc) and The Economist (publication of Western gangster capitalists and oligarchs) from touting him as the Messiah though. He serves their interests, he collects paychecks from them.