PDA

View Full Version : PM of Canada: "There is going to have to be Global Governance."

Sol Invictus
07-13-2009, 06:09 PM
eNYx2Ryaaps

Cato
07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Nation-states are clearly going to exercise their rights to regulate their financial system(s) (3:22)

There is going to have to be some semblance of global governance on these [financial] questions. (3:35)

The context of the man's speech clearly implies that he's referring to an economic situation, on a global scale, not some global uber-government. :rolleyes:

What doth he mean by global governance? As a politician, he uses open-ended terminology that doesn't indicate anything while making it seem like he's actually saying something important. Basically, I think he's just indicating that some successor organization to the G8 will be required- hardly a new world order.

Freomęg
07-13-2009, 06:40 PM
There'll "have" to be to fix the mess that the elites intentionally created. It's just a happy coincidence that global governance increases their power. Sheeesh!

Zardoz
08-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I think the PM is just talking about a reworking of the international financial system as it has existed since the Bretton Woods agreement, it has been tweaked in the past and will, no doubt, be tweaked again. This particular speech by the Prime Minister doesn't seem at all sinister to me.

That little blurb with Paul Martin at the end worries me; he is known for his support of some sort of NAU, I'm glad he's off the political stage at least. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Michael Ignatieff holds similar views however. Our current Conservative government seems to be more nationalistic than any of the recent Liberal governments, which is why I'll vote Conservative in the next election.