PDA

View Full Version : Latin American section

Loki
10-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Uhtred has suggested that, and I think it is a good idea. How do we go about doing it? Suggestions welcome :)

Sikeliot
10-29-2012, 03:25 PM
We should make it to cater to the Latin American posters we have and then add on.

Loki
10-29-2012, 03:27 PM
We should make it to cater to the Latin American posters we have and then add on.

Yes, but do we add another section under "Regional" called "Latin America"? And what flag could we use? :confused:

Sikeliot
10-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes, but do we add another section under "Regional" called "Latin America"? And what flag could we use? :confused:

I would do that, and then divide it into subsections when we get members from enough different regions.

Use a composite image with a bunch of flags on it?

http://www.atlantic.k12.ia.us/~mrmckay/Images/latin_american_flags.jpg

Loki
10-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Use a composite image with a bunch of flags on it?

Okay, if someone can create one that fits the size of the other ones ... get what I'm saying? :)

ChildOfTheJin
10-29-2012, 03:38 PM
I think its a good idea.

How many latin Americans we got in this forum?

Loki
10-29-2012, 03:39 PM
I think its a good idea.

How many latin Americans we got in this forum?

We have plenty. Two mods also: Rosenrot (Bazilian) and Hasol (Mexican). Also Uhtred, Hellhammer, Marina and perhaps a few more.

Han Cholo
10-29-2012, 03:43 PM
We have plenty. Two mods also: Rosenrot (Bazilian) and Hasol (Mexican). Also Uhtred, Hellhammer, Marina and perhaps a few more.

Rosenrot (br)
Uhtred (br)
another brazilian
Hellhammer (mx)
Me (mx)
Armin_Duval (mx)
Zorruko (mx)
Juanas Adiccion (mx)
Xolotl (mx)

I can gather more users from Chile, Argentina.

Loki
10-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Not to forget the cute Argentinian (?) Lorene :)

Han Cholo
10-29-2012, 03:53 PM
I'd say we should make a general Latin American forum. I think splitting countries would be pointless as there are many nations and I don't think we'll ever get enough amount of regular members from every of them.

I am most certain most Latin Americans here are either Mexican or Brazilian (biggest countries). If I spam the forum I could also get a good number of Argentines and Chileans, Peruvians. But I really doubt we'll ever get people from more remote places like Paraguay, Central America, Colombia, etc..

I'm sure some of the Iberian posters would post in there as well.

Osprey
10-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Black Sun Dimension = Argentinian

Han Cholo
10-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Black Sun Dimension = Argentinian

Venezuelan actually. I've not seen him in long time.

Loki
10-29-2012, 04:12 PM
I'd say we should make a general Latin American forum.

I agree with you, but as I said to Sikeliot ... where shall we put it? It would look odd in the regional sections without a dedicated flag ...

Armand_Duval
10-29-2012, 04:16 PM
You could manage the way to put just the three more representative flags of the region, maybe Mexico Brazil and Argentina and that's it.

Han Cholo
10-29-2012, 04:18 PM
I agree with you, but as I said to Sikeliot ... where shall we put it? It would look odd in the regional sections without a dedicated flag ...

What about a changing gif?

Loki
10-29-2012, 04:21 PM
What about a changing gif?

Can you make that for me?

Han Cholo
10-29-2012, 04:21 PM
There are also 3 argentines: skandinavian, Feral and devotchka.

Han Cholo
10-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Can you make that for me?

What are the exact pixels and maximum weight?

Loki
10-29-2012, 04:31 PM
What are the exact pixels and maximum weight?

Have a look on the front page at the other regional flag images ..

Pecheneg
10-29-2012, 04:32 PM
IMO, future latin american section will serve as a magnet. It will attract many Latin Americans to forum. So no need to worry about number of the current latin american members.
Remember Turkish section, there were only few Turks before it.

Holle Bolle Gijss
10-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Maybe dividing the region section up into continental sections and place specific regions within those?

Loki
10-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Maybe dividing the region section up into continental sections and place specific regions within those?

No, I want to keep the forum homepage compact. And again, this does not solve the flag issue I previously raised.

Holle Bolle Gijss
10-30-2012, 12:37 PM
No, I want to keep the forum homepage compact. And again, this does not solve the flag issue I previously raised.Well with my suggestion you would have an even more compact homepage mate. As for the flags, making gif images and have all the sections flags rotate through seems the best way by far. Or you could place all flags for a certain section/sub under its header?

Just trying to help out mate!:)

Loki
10-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Well with my suggestion you would have an even more compact homepage mate. As for the flags, making gif images and have all the sections flags rotate through seems the best way by far. Or you could place all flags for a certain section/sub under its header?

Just trying to help out mate!:)

You are right, actually. Worth considering ... but then again, it would "hide" some specific regional sections from instant view, which are major attractions to our forum ...

Holle Bolle Gijss
10-30-2012, 12:50 PM
You are right, actually. Worth considering ... but then again, it would "hide" some specific regional sections from instant view, which are major attractions to our forum ...Not necessarily mate... You could basicly include the regions in the subs description no?

Plus you could always consider using bigger resolution for the gifs. Like half of current avatar size.

Loki
10-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Not necessarily mate... You could basicly include the regions in the subs description no?

Plus you could always consider using bigger resolution for the gifs. Like half of current avatar size.

I don't understand what you mean, nor how it would solve the 'problem'.

All I basically need is a gif file containing Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Mexican flags in it, then I can create it! I don't have time to do it myself, far too busy.

Holle Bolle Gijss
10-30-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't understand what you mean, nor how it would solve the 'problem'.

All I basically need is a gif file containing Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Mexican flags in it, then I can create it! I don't have time to do it myself, far too busy.Creating the gif is 2 minutes work. Just point me to a location were I can download the flags you want to use. I also need to know what size you want them in.

Edit; I already found out what size...

Smaug
10-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Thank you very much Loki!

Smaug
10-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Well, you could create a general Latin American section, where the "official languages" would be Portuguese and Spanish, with also an English Posting thread.

Loki
10-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks to Holle Bolle Gijss we now have a rotating Latin American flag! :thumb001:

Here is the section:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=253

Blackout
10-30-2012, 02:41 PM
There definitely needs to be a 'Czech Republic' section aswell. It's the best European country by far in my opinion! I used to live in a small village over there, and even though there wasn't much to do, you just dont feel bored! Whenever it was time to visit the 'supermarket' it would be a 'special' occasion! I suppose it must have changed by now, with the 'euro' and fast paced living of its other cities... :ohwell:

Loki
10-30-2012, 02:47 PM
There definitely needs to be a 'Czech Republic' section aswell. It's the best European country by far in my opinion! I used to live in a small village over there, and even though there wasn't much to do, you just dont feel bored! Whenever it was time to visit the 'supermarket' it would be a 'special' occasion! I suppose it must have changed by now, with the 'euro' and fast paced living of its other cities... :ohwell:

Sure, but since recently we haven't had any Czech members. Maybe we have a few now, I don't know. I go according to demand.

Incal
10-30-2012, 06:52 PM
There are also 3 argentines: skandinavian, Feral and devotchka.

There was this cool argie Gonzalo, after the forum went down he never showed up again :(

Han Cholo
10-30-2012, 06:53 PM
There was this cool argie Gonzalo, after the forum went down he never showed up again :(

He is still there. I've seen him online a few times. He's "Kalitas"