PDA

View Full Version : 'Terrorist leader' threatens to sue 'Bruno' movie

Loki
07-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Says comedian lied about their meeting, scheme to make homosexual film (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=103797)

By Aaron Klein
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

JAFFA, Israel – A "terrorist leader" interviewed in the just-released hit movie "Bruno" is fuming mad, telling WND the film mislabels him and that the movie's star, Sasha Baron Cohen, conducted the interview under false pretenses.

oL_RaMJ3oc8

Ayman Abu Aita, who is labeled in the movie as a "terrorist group leader," said he was shocked when he learned five days ago the film depicts a homosexual character and contains scenes including full frontal male nudity and graphic homosexual fetish sex.

Aita also slammed Baron Cohen as a "big liar" who "made up stories" when describing to CBS's David Letterman last week the way he met Aita at an undisclosed location. Aita said he is pursuing legal action against Baron Cohen.

"[Baron Cohen] said this was a film going to help the Palestinian cause," Aita told WND. "When I heard (four days ago) what this film was about I really didn't believe it."

Get the latest book from the man who talks to terrorists – Aaron Klein's "The Late Great State of Israel," from the author of "Schmoozing With Terrorists."

The character Bruno is a flamboyant Austrian television host who moves to Los Angeles to become "the biggest Austrian star since Hitler." At one point in the movie, whose $30 million weekend topped the U.S. box office, Bruno meets Aita, depicted as a terrorist group leader from the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, in a bid to seduce the jihadist group into kidnapping him so Bruno can become famous.

The Brigades is responsible for scores of suicide bombings, shootings and deadly rocket attacks against Israeli civilian population centers.

Aita, however, is not exactly a terrorist. At least not anymore.

Aita is a representative of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah party to the West Bank town of Beit Sahor, which is a satellite of Bethlehem. Aita also is a board member of the Holy Land Trust, a nongovernmental organization promoting Palestinian rights and commitment to nonviolence.

Aita served in the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades from 2000 until 2003, after which he did a two year stint in Israeli prison on accusations he was involved in shootings against Israeli soldiers operating in Bethlehem. Still, according to Israeli security sources speaking to WND, Aita, while a member of the Brigades, once worked with Jewish state officials to return two Israeli reserve soldiers who had gotten lost in Bethlehem.

Baron Cohen, meanwhile, has pumped up his sit down with a "real terrorist" to promote his new movie.

In an interview with Letterman last week, Baron Cohen described meeting Aita and Aita's "bodyguard" at an undisclosed location in the West Bank.

"I thought I needed security," Baron Cohen told Letterman. "It was in the West Bank. The guy picks this secret location. ... The terrorist comes in with his bodyguard."

"I was pretty sure that my terrorist either did or did not have a gun on him," said Baron Cohen.

Aita, however, says the interview took place at a private section of a popular restaurant called Everest in the town of Beit Jala, which is in a section in the West Bank under Israeli control.

Aita said he does not carry any weapons and Palestinians are not allowed to bring weapons into Beit Jala. Indeed, during multiple in-person interviews with WND, Aita was unarmed.

Aita also said he does not have a bodyguard. The second individual who showed up with him for the interview with Baron Cohen, he said, was Sammy Awad, the American manager of the Holy Land Trust.

Asked if he thought anything was unusual about the way Baron Cohen acted or dressed during the interview, Aita replied, "No. He behaved very normally."

"There was nothing special," continued Aita. "He said he is a German actor making documentaries watched by young people. ... He wanted to make a story to mobilize the young people to help us (Palestinians). ... I didn't have any impression he would use my interview in a bad way."

Aita slammed Baron Cohen as a "big liar."

He said he is in the process of securing a lawyer to pursue possible legal action, claiming the film "made me big damages."

Baron Cohen's publicist, Matthew Labov, told WND the comedian has no comment on the report. A spokesperson for Universal Pictures, which released the movie, said the studio also had no comment.

Beorn
07-13-2009, 09:56 PM
What a shame that Ayman Abu Aita wasn't armed, as I would have actually paid entrance to a cinema to see that Cohen get one in the head.

What a vile and disrespectful individual he is. To think he actually gets paid to be like this too!

Kempenzoon
07-13-2009, 10:15 PM
What a shame that Ayman Abu Aita wasn't armed, as I would have actually paid entrance to a cinema to see that Cohen get one in the head.

What a vile and disrespectful individual he is. To think he actually gets paid to be like this too!

Completely QFT.

Though I do like this song he wrote:

Vb3IMTJjzfo

Throw the jew down the well! So my country can be free! \,,/

Beorn
07-13-2009, 10:29 PM
He can be funny at times. My favourite sketch of his was the American students on spring break.

xhP0tOm6yt0

:D

Angantyr
07-14-2009, 12:29 AM

Sascha does disrespect people and is a vile individual. But the reason he can get away with it is that he tells the truth. He pisses people off and they make idiots out of themselves.

In any event, Moslem terrorists deserve all the disresepct we can heap upon them.

Beorn
07-14-2009, 12:48 AM
...the reason he can get away with it is that he tells the truth.

I fail to see how belittling a reactionary figure because he his striving to secure the freedom of his people from the yoke of Israeli oppression, counts as truth, to be honest.