PDA

View Full Version : How do you know each other?

Alison
12-01-2008, 02:09 PM
I've noticed that quite a few of us know each other from other forums. How do you know each other?

Arrow Cross
12-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Jimbo is my Phoraführer. :p

Alison
12-01-2008, 02:14 PM
He is? In that case... ;)

Absinthe
12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
I've known most of the people here from other fora, except the guy who doesn't remember his name (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461) whom I've met in real life also when he was on vacations in my home town.

I believe that's where he got his amnesia from, most probably due to excessive consumption of ouzo ;)

Alison
12-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Are those other fora closed now?

Loki
12-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Are those other fora closed now?

Nope. Many members choose to hang out at a variety of fora ... each has its own particular strong points. :)

And to answer your question, some of the earliest people on here I have met at around 1999, when I started participating in anthropological mailing groups -- like Goswinus. Then many others were met on Aryan Dawn, which became Pantheon Europa, and eventually Skadi. Several forum spinoffs developed from there, and therefore memberships overlap to a great extent. It may be useful to check out the history of the forums (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405). :coffee:

Alison
12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks, Loki. I also participate on a number of forums and each is unique. TheSAn one I post on is so much of the same old that I get very bored. Check it out if you like http://forum.mg.co.za

Alison
12-01-2008, 03:31 PM
BTW, did you have a forum like this before?

Loki
12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
BTW, did you have a forum like this before?

Yes, some years ago I ran the Nordish Portal. It had over 1,000 members at the time. And before that I was an admin of Skadi under Njord Eriksson's leadership. I was also an admin of the Phora (http://www.thephora.net/forum/) and helped to set up the site for them.

Alison
12-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Impressive! I am banned from The Phora. I misbehaved. :D

Was told I am too stupid to post on there.

Loki
12-01-2008, 04:09 PM

LOL! :D

Everyone has to be banned from some fora at least once in their lifetimes -- it's part of the fun :p I've been banned from many over the years, I was also banned on Skadi, actually for a few years until I returned recently. :p

Oresai
12-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Och, being banned from Skadi is like being part of a club. I`ve been banned from there, (I left originally, but they kept my membership on, no idea why, and I can`t use it anymore besides, mutter grumble...)`cept they didn`t tell me, only denied me access. :D
I only know a few folks here from Skadi, and a couple, I think, from Nordfolk, where I haven`t been banned from yet. I think. :D
Goswinus, of course, I know in real life, as we`re engaged.
Pardon me, loved up moment approaching...
:lovebire::fdgd::love:(I know, someone`s going to say get a room soon, har...:D)

Oisín
12-01-2008, 04:26 PM
The only person here that I've come across on other forums is Loyalist. I've never been banned from any forum either.

WinterMoon
12-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Nope. Many members choose to hang out at a variety of fora ... each has its own particular strong points. :)

I need more sleep.... I misread this at first to say.... "each has its own particular strange points" :D :embarrassed I guess, that works too. :thumb001:

Arrow Cross
12-01-2008, 07:01 PM

I'd rather say too light-brow, they didn't like you chatting...even though many members do just that. But the Phora is mainly for high-brow intellectual debates...how could any of you get banned from a place like Skadi? I can't imagine...

Alison
12-01-2008, 07:07 PM
och, being banned from skadi is like being part of a club. I`ve been banned from there, (i left originally, but they kept my membership on, no idea why, and i can`t use it anymore besides, mutter grumble...)`cept they didn`t tell me, only denied me access. :d
i only know a few folks here from skadi, and a couple, i think, from nordfolk, where i haven`t been banned from yet. I think. :d
goswinus, of course, i know in real life, as we`re engaged.
Pardon me, loved up moment approaching...
:lovebire::fdgd::love:(i know, someone`s going to say get a room soon, har...:d)

getaroomalready! :d

Fortis in Arduis
12-01-2008, 08:50 PM
I've known most of the people here from other fora, except the guy who doesn't remember his name (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461) whom I've met in real life also when he was on vacations in my home town.

I believe that's where he got his amnesia from, most probably due to excessive consumption of ouzo ;)

I had such a wonderful time.

Mmm... Filotheis Street, Plaka.

What is the name of the restaurant there? Milton's?

Plaka was a perfect example of Sthapatya Veda at work.

I got myself a bit green a few times, but other than that it was magic. I should upload a few pics?! x

Skandi
12-02-2008, 04:12 AM
I know Fortis in RL we met at Uni, I believe he turned up to a pagan Society meeting, with Sigurd tagging along too :) other people I know from Skadi

Fortis in Arduis
12-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Banned from Skadi? Me too.

I think that Skadi had too many logical and rational male intellectuals, so I had to go to redress the balance. :D

lei.talk
12-06-2008, 02:33 PM
perhaps a kindly administrator
will forward an invitation
to the many banned members
from the past few months?

fortunately - the apricity forum appeared
just when so many were designated as undesireable.

Loki
12-06-2008, 02:42 PM
perhaps a kindly administrator
will forward an invitation
to the many banned members
from the past few months?

fortunately - the apricity forum appeared
just when so many were designated as undesireable.

If we do that, we'll have to change this forum's description:

The Apricity Forum: Club of Undesirables and Skadi Rejects

:D

Stormraaf
12-06-2008, 03:19 PM
If we do that, we'll have to change this forum's description:

The Apricity Forum: Club of Undesirables and Skadi Rejects

:D

In which case I'll leave. :mad: :p

SwordoftheVistula
12-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Stegura and Humanophage I know from SF, and roughly half this forum seems to be from Skadi where I have an account by the same name.

Eldritch
12-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Ok, I'm coming out of the closed publicly now.

If you have had any dealings on other fora the following people, you'll have had dealt with yours truly:

Death and the Sun

Eldritch

Exordium

Pohjantähti

Hiidensuo

W

(plus a few others, but too insignificant to mention, usually used on fora that never took of properly)

I've already lost count of how many fora I've been on, but I at least think I know most of the people here from somewhere or other.

Whenever a new forum starts up, people get to play the "is this person who I think s/he is?" game because of the changing usernames. But I'm "guilty" of that too.

And I'm banned on Stirpes and the now-defunct Althing. Ever since Skadi returned, I've been trying to get my old account there re-activated, but I guess in their current "Germanic panic" they don't want me there.

Loki
12-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Ok, I'm coming out of the closet publicly now.

Oh dear ... now I know (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coming_out) why this sounded so familiar! :D

lei.talk
12-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Trintignant
Ok, I'm coming out of the closet publicly now.

& Loki
Oh dear ... now I know (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coming_out) why this sounded so familiar! :Dafter reading the wikipedia article
on sexual-confusion,

do i understand this confession:

Eldritch is a lesbian trapped in a man's body?

Eldritch
12-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Eldritch is a lesbian trapped in a man's body?

Well, I must admit to being intensely attracted to women, so perhaps I am. :D

Aemma
12-22-2008, 05:07 AM
Jimbo is my Phoraführer. :p

Who is Jimbo and what is a Phora?

:confused:...Aemma

Addendum: Never mind...I think I've figured it out. :D

Aemma
12-22-2008, 05:31 AM
:ohwell: Hmm I guess I'm kind of the odd duck here. I've only been a very recent member of Skadi (since October) and from there was kindly invited to come for a visit here. I liked it. I stayed (...and am now moving in and making myself quite at home). I recognise those names from Skadi that I have seen around quite a bit and have started to get to know some a bit better. :) But I guess I'm pretty much a noob. (Gods how I hate that word! :mad:)

Cheerio!...Aemma

Sigurd
12-22-2008, 06:44 AM
I know Fortis_In_Arduis and Thrymheim in person, both from campus, both for a while, both to differing degrees, but both I know exceedingly well. :)

The former I first met in First Year when we suddenly got talking at the Halls Hallowe'en party I helped organising. As a co-organiser I stood at the doors and this lad came trotting along ... can't remember what he was looking for, but we somehow got into conversation. Curiously enough we'd both been TNP members at the time without knowing of each other's existence.

The latter I met at a meeting of the Free Speech Society Fortis and I were trying to set up around university. She came to our meetings, and advertised the Pagan Society vice-versa, which I also attended then. Either way, we didn't get on particularly well for a year and a half, and then later we sort of did get on. :wink

The rest I know through forums ... well, I wouldn't be anywhere if it weren't for Odinist Forums.

Back in the days, I was first promoted to Moderatordom on my 17th birthday, back in early October 2005, to take care of the German section there. This is roughly when Blutwölfin turned up on there and recommended Blut und Boden to me.

I saw a link to Skadi somewhere, and signed up there, too. Then came the link to the forum where it "all started", though: BW, Pellonpekko and I were talking in the BuB shoutbox, when PP mentioned "Over at TNP..." and I just had to ask him who or what TNP was. I was pointed to The Nordish Portal and registered.

I was a regular poster there (1,428 posts in just over 4 mths) from Oct 14, 2005 till the $#!& started hitting the fan around February, 2006. I somehow got caught up in the course of events, and ended up being invited to Staff right when ******** started. Consequently I fell out with Loki, too at that time, so he banned my sorry backside off the server, initially, and we only spoke again this early autumn. :D

And the rest is History, anyway. Veteran of the Forums 'fraid I am, too. :thumb001:

LOL! :D

Everyone has to be banned from some fora at least once in their lifetimes -- it's part of the fun :p I've been banned from many over the years, I was also banned on Skadi, actually for a few years until I returned recently. :p

Well, thanks again for letting us back in again after the "TNP fiasco" as I tend to call the unfortunate chain of events that ensued about 2 3/4 years ago. It's nice to be given another shot at a fresh start, especially considering the scale of things occuring back then. :thumb001:

I know Fortis in RL we met at Uni, I believe he turned up to a pagan Society meeting, with Sigurd tagging along too :) other people I know from Skadi

See above. You first came to our meeting before I came to yours. Fortis didn't start to properly turn up until the year after. Fresher's Fayre is where he got in contact with you before that. :p

And I'm banned on Stirpes and the now-defunct Althing. Ever since Skadi returned, I've been trying to get my old account there re-activated, but I guess in their current "Germanic panic" they don't want me there.

As you might know, I brought the issue up with the rest of Staff at Skadi, but in the end the question of the "old Finnish garde" was obviously decided in the negative. Only so many things I can do, and addressing a matter is the best I can do. The rest is as usual, up to debate, and well - sometimes you end up agreeing to a consensus you may not be 100% happy with but can live with and respect. But that's no different from Forum to Forum. :wink

Other than that's of course not different in restricting membership than either ******** or The Apricity, or TNP back in the day, just even more "ethnically exclusive." :)

Psychonaut
12-22-2008, 06:59 AM
Everyone who I know on this forum I know from Skadi/The Althing/Skadi.

Fortis in Arduis
12-22-2008, 08:51 AM
The Althing.

HawkR
12-22-2008, 11:22 AM
The ones I know here is most likely from ********, maybe even some from Skadi.

Atlas
12-24-2008, 01:27 PM
I know Loki from TNP and Skadi, Absinthe from Skadi, Stan/jimbo gomez from the Phora and Arrow Cross from the Phora as well.

Solwyn
11-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I know Aemma from outside the forums, and a few others from Althing, although I haven't been there in over a year.

Barreldriver
11-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I know folks via AF/HBF, SF, Anthroscape, and Skadi.

Murphy
11-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Loki is my gay lover.

Regards,
The Eunuch.

Svipdag
11-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Because some members are not using the same usernames that they used on other forums, I am not sure whom I know or from where. So, I think that the best way for me to answer this question is to list the forums of which I have been a member and the usernames which I have used.

Forums

Skadi, twice [Skadi was hacked and off line for a long time, When it returned, I re-joined.]

The Althing

Blut und Boden

Skadi again

Germanic Worlds

The Apricity

User Names

Snorri Sturluson

Egil Skallagrimsson

Gorm the Old

Svipdag

If you recognise any of these names, you must have known me on one of the listed forums. If you remember which it is, please send me a PM.

SwordoftheVistula
11-02-2009, 02:01 AM
Because some members are not using the same usernames that they used on other forums, I am not sure whom I know or from where. So, I think that the best way for me to answer this question is to list the forums of which I have been a member and the usernames which I have used.

Forums

Skadi, twice [Skadi was hacked and off line for a long time, When it returned, I re-joined.]

The Althing

Blut und Boden

Skadi again

Germanic Worlds

The Apricity

User Names

Snorri Sturluson

Egil Skallagrimsson

Gorm the Old

Svipdag

If you recognise any of these names, you must have known me on one of the listed forums. If you remember which it is, please send me a PM.

I remember you as 'Gorm the Old' on Skadi/Althing

Svipdag
11-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I have never been banned from any forum. When I leave a forum it's either because I reject the forum, or it disbands. I have rejected Skadi twice, having rejoined reluctantly when Blut und Boden was dissolved. I shall not rejoin them.

I was treated very badly by Germanic Worlds in a dispute over the reposting of my posts under another's name.

I liked The Althing and Blut und Boden very much and miss them, especially BuB. Had they not been dissolved, I would still be a member.

When I leave a forum, I usually change my username. The exception is Svipdag which I plan to retain wherever I may go.

Germanicus
11-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I was a whisker away from using my superior Anglo Saxon swear words on Menyddh at Stirpes, that would have got me banned for sure, but i prefered to just leave, i even shut the door behind me quietly as i left...:coffee:

Johnston
09-03-2011, 04:57 AM
It looks like people keep coming out of the woodwork where they've been banished to. These forums are like flypaper.:D

Your Lordship, the Duke of Argyll this way comes.

John, you look like a man who means to play hard.

Do not presume to speak above your station, sir! I will have my rank from you!

Your Grace.

I have word from Court that you're saying I'm a Jacobite, as one who would rise for the Stuart should he land here to claim the throne.

Great men such as yourself draw rumours as shite draws flies.

You are the shite, Montrose, and the flies upon it! For all the flowers in your great gardens, I know you in my nose. Keep your stink off my name, or by God, I will clip you as close as one of your gelded trees, and this carrion you keep will not come between us!

What pride to use a fellow peer in public so! Damn his pride! Forgive me. Damn his Grace's pride.

Neanderthal
09-03-2011, 05:02 AM
I know Machinehead/Lasituacion irl. Knew him trough a shitty forum we used to troll (long time ago) :D

MachineHead
09-03-2011, 05:04 AM
I know decimator because he used to sell meth and crack cocaine outside my school.

And i know Hellhammer because we got banned from a "White " Mexican forum.