PDA

View Full Version : Bosnian Muslim Senad Hadzic walks to Mecca via Syria

Methmatician
11-01-2012, 01:19 PM
A Bosnian Muslim man has walked 5,650km (3,503 miles) to make a pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia, and says God kept him safe in war-torn Syria.

Senad Hadzic, 47, told the BBC that he spent several hours at the Syrian border haggling to get a visa.

Later he had to negotiate his way through numerous checkpoints - some manned by the army, others by rebels.

"Some of them even kissed the Koran I was carrying," he said, adding that he also had a Bible in his backpack.

The pilgrimage to Mecca is one of the five pillars of Islam - a duty that Muslims are expected to perform at least once in their lifetime.

Mr Hadzic set off from a town near the Bosnian capital Sarajevo and his first ordeal was to brave minus 35C cold in Bulgaria last December, says the BBC's Dan Damon.

"There wasn't a single easy day, every day has been difficult. But at the same time it's been exciting," he said.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

I walked across seven countries, two deserts, 5,650 kilometres, without money”

Senad Hadzic
Once he had got a Syrian visa, he said, an officer in President Bashar al-Assad's army "asked me to pray for him in Mecca, if I managed to get out of Syria alive".

"The road between the border, where I entered, and the city of Aleppo was full of huge stones. The rebels had thrown the stones to make it impossible for cars and buses to move. People with families simply had to get out of their cars."

He said having a Syrian visa "means nothing - a rebel fighter can walk out of a cornfield and demand your passport".

"No-one shot at me. I was stopped by armed people who inspected my passport. But when I said I was on the road to God, both the rebels and the army of President Assad let me continue."

Mr Hadzic said he carried both the Koran and the Bible "because I'm very religious".

"If I didn't believe that God was with me, the he was protecting me and guiding me, I wouldn't have even reached Bulgaria, let alone Mecca.

"I walked across seven countries, two deserts, 5,650 kilometres, without money, only with a rucksack weighing 20 kilograms," he told the World Update programme on BBC World Service.

Senad Hadžić:
http://www.lhrtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/19983237014.jpg
http://i1.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/455649-___n-1350950458-551-640x480.jpg
http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p544/kedza3/SenadHadzic1.jpg

Absinthe
11-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Such a surreal photo.... :D

http://i1.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/455649-___n-1350950458-551-640x480.jpg

Sikeliot
11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
He stands out so much next to all of those Afro-Arab looking Muslims.

kabeiros
11-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Such a surreal photo.... :D

Indeed, just look how the guy on the right (who looks SE Asian) is staring at him. He probably thinks:
''what the fuck is a white guy doing here, he must be lost''

Absinthe
11-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Yes, that was exactly what I observed :P He almost looks at him with disgust...

Virtuous
11-01-2012, 01:29 PM
I can't understand how standing between those apes doesn't make him realize how his religion is obsolete.

Hurrem sultana
11-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes, that was exactly what I observed :P He almost looks at him with disgust...

not true arabs generally really like white muslims(bosniaks,chechens,albanians etc)

Absinthe
11-01-2012, 01:31 PM
not true arabs generally really like white muslims(bosniaks,chechens,albanians etc)
The said guy is not an Arab but S/E Asian...

Hurrem sultana
11-01-2012, 01:32 PM
The said guy is not an Arab but S/E Asian...

he probably just feels that senad is superior

senad is like 190 cm tall,white while look at him :D

oh well that is hajj,and all people are same in front of God

Mraz
11-01-2012, 01:33 PM
not true arabs generally really like white muslim women(bosniaks,chechens,albanians etc)

Fixed :P

Vojnik
11-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Inspirational story, regardless of his religion.

Onur
11-01-2012, 02:19 PM
I can't understand how standing between those apes doesn't make him realize how his religion is obsolete.
Would you feel the same when you sit by the Palestinians in Jerusalem where your christian religion originated?

Sultan Suleiman
11-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Well this the closest anyone has done to be considered a Hajj. Most people here just pay 2,5K of Euros and that's where their spirituality ends.

This man went on a soul searching spiritual quest. He faced warzones, hunger and cold for honor of his God. This man is a throw back to what our ancestors were made of compared to todays degenerated Bosniak (or any other Balkanian) shits which pass for future of our nation. :rolleyes:

Farah
11-01-2012, 02:45 PM

Honestly these Arabs are stupid for preferring other Muslims just because of their skin colour and ethnicity. A Russian or Bosnian Muslim is more desirable than a generic Indian or African Muslim..what kind of mentality is this! That totally goes against the essence of Islam.

Great story, very inspiring and brave of him.

Hurrem sultana
11-01-2012, 04:30 PM
I agree with you Farah,no doubt.But realistically speaking those arabs look down on blacks and asians while they tend to look different on white muslims

It is totally against islam but it is what it is

Su
11-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I agree with you Farah,no doubt.But realistically speaking those arabs look down on blacks and asians while they tend to look different on white muslims

I agree on that, this type of behaviour is against Islam. I guess some Muslims rather stick to their culture than religion in some cases like this.

Hurrem sultana
11-01-2012, 04:57 PM
I agree on that, this type of behaviour is against Islam. I guess some Muslims rather stick to their culture than religion in some cases like this.

yes true

Farah
11-01-2012, 06:30 PM

That's very true, this type of racism is stems from the culture of our people rather than their religion. It's very shameful.

iNird
11-01-2012, 06:33 PM

Funny story, one of my coworkers who is an Indian muslim wants me to hook him up with an Albanian. I tried to explain to him it's probably not gonna happen. Silly gypsies.

Hurrem sultana
11-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Hahhah.I also heard some rich arab guys from Emirates,Saudia etc are coming to Bosnia just to find a pretty muslim european wife :D thats sick!

Sultan Suleiman
11-01-2012, 06:43 PM
But realistically speaking those arabs look down on blacks and asians while they tend to look different on white muslims

Most Arabs look down on Africans and Chinese same as the Persians do but they throw in Arabs and Turks as well. While MOST Turks IRL I have met are incredibly chauvinistic, while Bosniaks are well known for their racism when deporting and punishing Arab/Afghan/African Muslims while giving Turks every legal leverage possible. Remember that case when the "Turkish aid" organization was all but busted for human trafficking (after offering "employment" to single mothers in Turkey) and we practically had every single right to close "Sulemanija" down, yet those sick fucks are still on the streets thanks to the retarded Turkophilia and love for "brother Muslims" while at the same time holding over 500 Afghan and Syrian refuges in some of the worst conditions in Eastern Europe. We are not better than them, especially the older generation which look down on Arabs as nothing more as a race of servants to them and Turks.

And the "racial hierarchy" has always existed in Islam and sadly it will never go away. We just have to play smart around the Turks, I don't mean start rounding them up in camps or treat them like we do Arabs and Afganis, but we need to reign in their unchecked "aid organization" which in most cases are nothing more than money laundering operations for every single crime ring in Turkey.

Bari
11-01-2012, 06:54 PM
What a tremendous effort and courage. Its inspiring to hear about people like this in the world we live in now infested by materialism and moral decay. People with true convictions and principles like him are so rare its almost literally become a thing of the past, sadly.

Hurrem sultana
11-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Most Arabs look down on Africans and Chinese same as the Persians do but they throw in Arabs and Turks as well. While MOST Turks IRL I have met are incredibly chauvinistic, while Bosniaks are well known for their racism when deporting and punishing Arab/Afghan/African Muslims while giving Turks every legal leverage possible. Remember that case when the "Turkish aid" organization was all but busted for human trafficking (after offering "employment" to single mothers in Turkey) and we practically had every single right to close "Sulemanija" down, yet those sick fucks are still on the streets thanks to the retarded Turkophilia and love for "brother Muslims" while at the same time holding over 500 Afghan and Syrian refuges in some of the worst conditions in Eastern Europe. We are not better than them, especially the older generation which look down on Arabs as nothing more as a race of servants to them and Turks.

And the "racial hierarchy" has always existed in Islam and sadly it will never go away. We just have to play smart around the Turks, I don't mean start rounding them up in camps or treat them like we do Arabs and Afganis, but we need to reign in their unchecked "aid organization" which in most cases are nothing more than money laundering operations for every single crime ring in Turkey.

O cemu ti pricas.ko to gleda pogrdno na Arape? i to stariji ljudi ih obicno "idealiziraju":rolleyes:

but yeah i agree with the last part

Lithium
11-01-2012, 07:09 PM
This is so sad, European people shouldnt feel the need to search sacred places outside Europe and kneel before a semitic god.

Virtuous
11-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Would you feel the same when you sit by the Palestinians in Jerusalem where your christian religion originated?

I have no religion, all religions are obsolete.

Farah
11-01-2012, 07:11 PM

Bosnians have racism towards Arabs? Why though? I had no idea. :confused:

Mraz
11-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Internet Bosnians are, otherwise we're Turk and Arab lovers. :p

Hurrem sultana
11-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Internet Bosnians are, otherwise we're Turk and Arab lovers. :p

sto to nas brukas:D

Mraz
11-01-2012, 07:20 PM
sto to nas brukas:D

Za 90% Bosnjaka, Turci i Arapi su nasa braca

A Bin Laden veliki covjek

:D

Flintlocke
11-01-2012, 07:25 PM

Loool he was probably mugged by all those niggers :D

PS: This pic is a poster for racism. ;)

Sultan Suleiman
11-01-2012, 07:28 PM
O cemu ti pricas.ko to gleda pogrdno na Arape? i to stariji ljudi ih obicno "idealiziraju":rolleyes:

Ne bi više to nazvao anti-semitizmom, već je sve to umotano u Turkofiliju do bola, ali oni od čega pate bi ipak bilo Otomanofilija nego Turkofilija.

Jbt kad sam ćuo Bičakćića za većerom u Živniskoj Tekiji kako govori da Arapi mogu napredovati samo pod Turcima i Perzijancima šta drugo da kažem. :rolleyes:

A startija generacija koja je iz malo većih gradova i koja je obišla Arapski svijet dok su bili inžinjeri, doktori itd. jednostavno smatraju da su Arapi pokvaren narod nesposoban za napredak samostalno. Dok moj dedo jebote može srat oko Arapa satima bez prestanka :P

Većina današnje Arabofilije dolazi od Vehabijica i drugih balija razno raznih boja. Ali jbt to su tip ljudi koji smatraju da je Saudija dobar primjer za ekonomsko razvijanje :D

Sultan Suleiman
11-01-2012, 07:32 PM

Older generations which were among engineering, military instructors and technicians sent across Arab world really spread some bad, bad things about Arabs when they came back and that actually stuck with most of Bosniak population. And even today there are religious people who see Arabs as just a fucked up people, they mostly point out extravagant luxuries in Dubai and SA while Muslims in Somalia and Gaza are starving.

mysticism
11-01-2012, 08:15 PM
I wonder what shoes he wore.

Hurrem sultana
11-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Ne bi više to nazvao anti-semitizmom, već je sve to umotano u Turkofiliju do bola, ali oni od čega pate bi ipak bilo Otomanofilija nego Turkofilija.

Jbt kad sam ćuo Bičakćića za većerom u Živniskoj Tekiji kako govori da Arapi mogu napredovati samo pod Turcima i Perzijancima šta drugo da kažem. :rolleyes:

A startija generacija koja je iz malo većih gradova i koja je obišla Arapski svijet dok su bili inžinjeri, doktori itd. jednostavno smatraju da su Arapi pokvaren narod nesposoban za napredak samostalno. Dok moj dedo jebote može srat oko Arapa satima bez prestanka :P

Većina današnje Arabofilije dolazi od Vehabijica i drugih balija razno raznih boja. Ali jbt to su tip ljudi koji smatraju da je Saudija dobar primjer za ekonomsko razvijanje :D

Nemoj mi reci da si vecerao s Edhemom :D

ma znam za to cula sam i ja par puta takvu pricu

Su
11-01-2012, 08:56 PM
I wonder what shoes he wore.

Like this?
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45301000/jpg/_45301649__45298115_1-1.jpg

Joking, probably something like that:
http://photos5.spartoo.co.uk/photos/762/76247/Hiking-shoes-Hi-Tec-PALO-ALTO-76247_350_A.jpg

dado
11-01-2012, 11:02 PM

the guy is talking bullshit...we love arabs :thumb001:

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 01:05 AM
the guy is talking bullshit...we love arabs :thumb001:

That's because Bosnians in Bosnia hardly ever meet Arabs. But in Australia, most hate them once they meet them :D

iNird
11-02-2012, 01:10 AM
That's because Bosnians in Bosnia hardly ever meet Arabs. But in Australia, most hate them once they meet them :D

Funny in America the Bosniak women tend to dig these Arabs/Indian (muslims)

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Funny in America the Bosniak women tend to dig these Arabs/Indian (muslims)

I've never been to America. But I would have assumed they would go for African Muslims :D

mysticism
11-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Around me all the Bosniak girls go after Serbian men :)

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 07:55 AM

only because there are no muslim brothers around:D

mysticism
11-02-2012, 08:09 AM
there are...mostly persians and aghans...but they keep to themselves. Serbs and Bosniaks hang out together. All Bosniaks here are huge yugo-nostaglics. Croats stick to themselves.

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Oh we think afghans are something like gypsies

They pretend to be yugo Only when they go to parties etc then later on they talk about chetniks :D'

they are very false my friend,the bosniaks that are open are more honest :D

mysticism
11-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Oh we think afghans are something like gypsies

They pretend to be yugo Only when they go to parties etc then later on they talk about chetniks :D'

they are very false my friend,the bosniaks that are open are more honest :D

lol...we hang out in the same cafe's, restaurants, etc. one of my good friends is a bosniak girl...she dated a Serb friend of mine for a while

what does "bosniaks that are open" mean...

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 08:19 AM
lol...we hang out in the same cafe's, restaurants, etc. one of my good friends is a bosniak girl...she dated a Serb friend of mine for a while

what does "bosniaks that are open" mean...

i know one of those 2,his life time best friend is a serb so i thought he was not nationalistic,then when i asked him if he will marry soon(he had been dating a serbian girl for 2 years) mrtav hladan he told me "what do you think i will marry a serb? no way":rolleyes: he dumped the girl after 3 years,and is now with a bosniak ..to me that is false,two-faced

Honest are those who are open about these questions and do not pretend to be multi culti

mysticism
11-02-2012, 08:25 AM
i know one of those 2,his life time best friend is a serb so i thought he was not nationalistic,then when i asked him if he will marry soon(he had been dating a serbian girl for 2 years) mrtav hladan he told me "what do you think i will marry a serb? no way":rolleyes:

Honest are those who are open about these questions and do not pretend to be multi culti

lol bosniaks marrying serbs isn't "multi-culti"...we are the same culture lang everything. It's just some of you are fanatics lol

Many Bosniak-wife Serb-husband marriages here and vice-versa.

My Bosniak friend has only dated Serbs...she is originally from Tuzla...

You should come to Aroma Cafe if you ever make it to America...Adem (the owner) makes some gooood cevapi od prasetine :)

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 08:27 AM
lol bosniaks marrying serbs isn't "multi-culti"...we are the same culture lang everything. It's just some of you are fanatics lol

Many Bosniak-wife Serb-husband marriages here and vice-versa.

My Bosniak friend has only dated Serbs...she is originally from Tuzla...

You should come to Aroma Cafe if you ever make it to America...Adem (the owner) makes some gooood cevapi od prasetine :)

Ok so you are in America, i have no idea how it is there.I guesss the bosniaks there are alone and have no other choice.Bosniaks in St Louis are very nationalistic though and people are more against serbs than bosniaks from Bosnia are :D

Here in Europe we have our own organisatiion,cafees etc so we do not hang out with serbs

mysticism
11-02-2012, 08:30 AM
Ok so you are in America, i have no idea how it is there.I guesss the bosniaks there are alone and have no other choice.Bosniaks in St Louis are very nationalistic though and people are more against serbs than bosniaks from Bosnia are :D

Here in Europe we have our own organisatiion,cafees etc so we do not hang out with serbs

There's maybe only a few hundred Bosniaks here total, so yeah it's small.

I do believe that when Bosniaks are a majority they would be more chauvinistic like you say.

Where in western europe do you live?

Onur
11-02-2012, 09:23 AM
There's maybe only a few hundred Bosniaks here total, so yeah it's small.

I do believe that when Bosniaks are a majority they would be more chauvinistic like you say.
People usually have priority list for that but it happens unintentionally. Turkish people in Europe are like that too. If they are able find other Turks around them, then they hang out with them. If not, then they look for Balkanites like Albanians, Greeks, Bosnians to hang out with. Probably Bosnians are doing same thing in there. If there would be a lot of Bosnians around them, then they wouldn't hang out with Serbs. This is not about chauvinism at all, it`s a natural behavior.

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Better than Arabs, Serb chics are hot.

Mraz
11-02-2012, 09:45 AM
My parents would rather accept a nigger than that I date a Serbian, going to Bosnia in an almost 100% ethnic Bosniak region with a "vlahinja" would be just disrespectful. People that mix like that don't think about consequences.

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 09:52 AM
My parents would rather accept a nigger than that I date a Serbian, going to Bosnia in an almost 100% ethnic Bosniak region with a "vlahinja" would be just disrespectful. People that mix like that don't think about consequences.

Serbs are big no no here too,even if they change name,accept islam they are still big NO :D

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Serbs are big no no here too,even if they change name,accept islam they are still big NO :D

Buy if they did that they wouldn't be Serb anymore; they'd be Bosniak :D

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Buy if they did that they wouldn't be Serb anymore; they'd be Bosniak :D

this is not year 1400 you know,nationalities have been formed :rolleyes::picard1:

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
this is not year 1400 you know,nationalities have been formed :rolleyes::picard1:

And they can be changed.

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 10:03 AM
And they can be changed.

nope,not anymore .Those serb converts that i know from our local mosque are still serbs when you ask them,non of them says Bosniak:picard1:

Mraz
11-02-2012, 10:03 AM
And they can be changed.

Nah, how can you change your soul?

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Religion used to form nationality few hundred years ago,now we have passed that stage and religion is a private matter.That is why a serb can convert to islam ,buddhism,hinduism and still be serb.Same with Bosniaks,they can be hindus,pagans etc but still Bosniak

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Tell that to Emir (Nemanja) Kusturica, Meša Selimović and Vladko Maček :D

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 10:10 AM

Emir is a special case,havent you realized that? provocation etc

Mesa never changed religion his books start with "bissmillah" for Gods sake:D

Drawing-slim
11-02-2012, 10:12 AM
I actually admire this guy. This is faith, strong faith.
Wrong or right not one of us knows better how this guy feels and what he knows by heart.

Mraz
11-02-2012, 10:14 AM

Kusturica is associated to gypsie culture here, luckily he is labelled Serbian :D

I actually admire this guy. This is faith, strong faith.
Wrong or right not one of us knows better how this guy feels and what he knows by heart.

There is faith and becoming a nationalistic Serb that supports bombing of his native town.

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Dunja Ilic the controversial serbian singer converted to islam,is she a bosniak now? :D the video is from before :D

http://www.depo.ba/zabava/srbijanska-pevaljka-dunja-ilic-zbog-poroka-presla-na-islam

Mraz
11-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Dunja Ilic the controversial serbian singer converted to islam,is she a bosniak now? :D the video is from before :D

http://www.depo.ba/zabava/srbijanska-pevaljka-dunja-ilic-zbog-poroka-presla-na-islam

Oh God, the funniest would be she starts to sing Ilahije after this :D

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Oh God, the funniest would be she starts to sing Ilahije after this :D

God accepts everyone they say:D:D:D

mysticism
11-02-2012, 10:34 AM

lmao such a dzihadist mentality that was put upon you. But i understand, many refugee families are very hurt and torn over the war, certain historical and political facts are of no concern to them.

this is not year 1400 you know,nationalities have been formed

lol to this "Davno je vreme proslo od Turcenja, daleko je Stambol, a daleko smo i mi od Stambola"

Emir is a special case,havent you realized that? provocation etc

Mesa never changed religion his books start with "bissmillah" for Gods sake

"Potičem iz muslimanske porodice, po nacionalnosti sam Srbin. Pripadam srpskoj literaturi, dok književno stvaralaštvo u Bosni i Hercegovini, kome takođe pripadam, smatram samo zavičajnim književnim centrom, a ne posebnom književnošću srpskohrvatskog književnog jezika."

- Mesa Selimovic, 1979

Keep in mind these two are the most famous "Bosniaks" in the world. :D

mysticism
11-02-2012, 10:38 AM

lol funny publicity stunt.

If Alija Izetbegovic, who identified as a Serb until the 80s can die as a "Bosniak" anything's possible. :D

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 10:39 AM
lmao such a dzihadist mentality that was put upon you. But i understand, many refugee families are very hurt and torn over the war, certain historical and political facts are of no concern to them.

lol to this "Davno je vreme proslo od Turcenja, daleko je Stambol, a daleko smo i mi od Stambola"

"Potičem iz muslimanske porodice, po nacionalnosti sam Srbin. Pripadam srpskoj literaturi, dok književno stvaralaštvo u Bosni i Hercegovini, kome takođe pripadam, smatram samo zavičajnim književnim centrom, a ne posebnom književnošću srpskohrvatskog književnog jezika."

- Mesa Selimovic, 1979

Keep in mind these two are the most famous "Bosniaks" in the world. :D

1979,i doubt we had the possibilty to say we are Bosniaks back then ;) as you said,Alija was "serb" too

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 10:41 AM
lol funny publicity stunt.

If Alija Izetbegovic, who identified as a Serb until the 80s can die as a "Bosniak" anything's possible. :D

Yeah isnt it funny that many serbs seem to convert to islam? Vedrana Seksan,Zeljko Raznatovic etc....while from Bosniaks ,only gypsy Kusturica is known:D

mysticism
11-02-2012, 10:43 AM
1979,i doubt we had the possibilty to say we are Bosniaks back then ;) as you said,Alija was "serb" too

Because back then Bosniak was an old turkish term used for Serbs of all religions from Bosnia :thumb001:

You were "Muslim" by nationality instead...Old Yugo supported fake ethnicities to weaken the bigger ethnicities and create a balance of power.

Mraz
11-02-2012, 10:45 AM

Even before the war Serbs were disregarded, Bosniaks lost a lot of land, which was given to Serbs during the 1st Yugoslavia, they were settlers, so they were always seen as people living isolated in the woods. It's not Jihadi mentality since I'm fine with Croats which lived in the same area..

dralos
11-02-2012, 10:51 AM
bosniaks shouldnt mix with serbs,stick to your own danm breed

dralos
11-02-2012, 10:52 AM
the guy is strong for doing this,congrat to him

Saruman
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
It takes great willpower to accomplish something like this.

About Bosniak turkophilia, yes it's widespread, for ex. many if not most Bosniaks I've talked to about their origins claimed descending from Anatolia. It's inflated as I've recently found out myself. Wife of my great-uncle is a hardcore Ottoman nostalgic/Turkophiliac and she claimed the same for my mothers family. They were turf possessing janissary "nobles", so I thought they might have come from Istanbul with various distant origin options at play, due to nature of that military order. But in my research, that was based on their family traditions, as well as historical facts, I found out what their ancestral surname was, and it's quite "un-Anatolian" and usually northern Croatian (and not present among Serbs), they came from some villages in central Bosnia and most likely they were from northern/central Croatia, there was a significant migration of northern Croat muslims after Ottomans lost those areas in 1690s (and many Bosnian Croats then escaped to Slavonia), so it's quite possible or probable they were part of that wave.
Probably some relatives would be upset with this, but obviously I'm of opposite feeling..:D For someone with my ancestry (Serb-Bosniak) I'm on quite good terms with Croats.

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 10:59 AM
saruman what are you talking about? io know non bosniak that claims he comes from Turkey and sees it as something positive :S

mysticism
11-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah isnt it funny that many serbs seem to convert to islam? Vedrana Seksan,Zeljko Raznatovic etc....while from Bosniaks ,only gypsy Kusturica is known:D

Zeljko Raznatovic "Arkan" converted to Islam? Are you high girl? lol

All the richest and smartest "Bosniaks" identify as Serbs or converted to Orthodoxy....Lepa Brena, Emir Kusturica, Mesa Selimovic, Arkan's commander Jusuf Bulic, Emina Jahovic, etc etc.

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 11:05 AM

All the richest and smartest "Bosniaks" identify as Serbs or converted to Orthodoxy....Lepa Brena, Emir Kusturica, Mesa Selimovic, Arkan's commander Jusuf Bulic, Emina Jahovic, etc etc.

sorry wrong Hamza Raznatovic(i have no idea what his serbian names was)

Mesa Selimovic never converted,his books start with the "bissmillah rahman rahim" for Gods sake:picard1:

Lepa Brena denies she converted

Emina Jahovic converted? ahahahahahahahahahahha she married a turk

Who is Jusuf Bulic?:D

ChildOfTheJin
11-02-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't like Islam, but this guy is a hero. Good job

mysticism
11-02-2012, 11:07 AM
sorry wrong Hamza Raznatovic(i have no idea what his serbian names was)

Mesa Selimovic never converted,his books start with the "bissmillah rahman rahim" for Gods sake:picard1:

Lepa Brena denies she converted

Emina Jahovic converted? ahahahahahahahahahahha she married a turk

Who is Jusuf Bulic?:D
:picard1:
Identify as Serbs or converted to Orthodoxy

Emina married a Turk but she still identifies as a Srpkinja...

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Identify as Serbs or converted to Orthodoxy

Emina married a Turk but she still identifies as a Srpkinja...

Ok then why did she say she would prefer to represent BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA in Eurovision?

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Because back then Bosniak was an old turkish term used for Serbs of all religions from Bosnia :thumb001:

I'm afraid you need to go back to school. 'Bosniak' has never been connected to 'Serb'. It was a geographical name for Slavic inhabitants of Bosnia. And 'Bosniak' is not the Turkish word for inhabitants of Bosnia, the suffix -iak/-jak is Slavic.

And bosnian, Mraz: it was initially a joke, but since you guys are serious, people can change ethnicity whenever they want (especially in the Balkans) because it's very hard to determine ethnicity between neighbouring people if that person speaks the language, changes their name and knows the culture. I could become a Croat if I wanted, not tell anyone, study Croatian culture, language, history and customs, move to Croatia, change my name and no one would be the wiser.

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm afraid you need to go back to school. 'Bosniak' has never been connected to 'Serb'. It was a geographical name for Slavic inhabitants of Bosnia. And 'Bosniak' is not the Turkish word for inhabitants of Bosnia, the suffix -iak/-jak is Slavic.

And bosnian, Mraz: it was initially a joke, but since you guys are serious, people can change ethnicity whenever they want (especially in the Balkans) because it's very hard to determine ethnicity between neighbouring people if that person speaks the language, changes their name and knows the culture. I could become a Croat if I wanted, not tell anyone, study Croatian culture, language, history and customs, move to Croatia, change my name and no one would be the wiser.

Yeah you can live and claim you are Zimbabwean too,an individual can do what he wants...

Methmatician

All the richest and smartest "Bosniaks" identify as Serbs or converted to Orthodoxy....Lepa Brena

Lepa Brena isn't Orthodox, and she's a Yugoslav :D

Methmatician
Yeah you can live and claim you are Zimbabwean too,an individual can do what he wants...

Their is no "Zimbabwen" ethnicity, so I can.

Saruman
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
saruman what are you talking about? io know non bosniak that claims he comes from Turkey and sees it as something positive :S

So Bosniaks in Sweden aren't so turkophilic, maybe Swedish environment influenced you so you're just with religious identity without too much turkophilia?
I had such neighbour from north Montenegro for ex. though his family did really come from west coastal anatolia. And I knew some others.

mysticism
11-02-2012, 11:23 AM

I don't know what school you went to but as for this topic I'm spot on.

Boşnak was a Turkish term for inhabitants of the Bosnia Viyalet...who happened to primarily be Serbs regardless of faith. It never appeared before then.

And you contradicted yourself there. That it "has never been connected to 'Serb'", but is a geographic name for Slavs of Bosnia. Serbs are Slavs of Bosnia so there's the connection. :picard1:

Anyway this is feeling silly....explaining to a Bosniak that he's in fact a muslim Serb is like explaining to a person with severe Autism that he/she is Autistic. :bored:

mysticism
11-02-2012, 11:34 AM
"Moj otac je bio ateista i uvijek se deklarisao kao Srbin. Dobro, možda smo bili Muslimani 250 godina, ali smo bili pravoslavci prije toga i duboko u sebi uvijek bili Srbi, vjera to ne može promjeniti. Mi smo postali Muslimani samo da bi preživjeli Turke"

- Emir Kusturica (This quote applies to 99% of "Bosniaks")

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Boşnak was a Turkish term for inhabitants of the Bosnia Viyalet...who happened to primarily be Serbs regardless of faith. It never appeared before then.

It referred to Slavs of Bosnia regardless of religion. Tell me, where has there been a historical connection between the word "Bosniak" and it being solely a reference to "Bosnians Serbs". "Bosniak" was used regardless of religion. The people there called themselves "Srbin", "Hrvat", "Vlah" or "Bošnjanin" (archaic form of "Bosniak").

And you contradicted yourself there. That it "has never been connected to 'Serb'", but is a geographic name for Slavs of Bosnia. Serbs are Slavs of Bosnia so there's the connection.

Yeah, if you can show me proof that I'll concede defeat :rolleyes:

dralos
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
i've a made a thread to help you yugoz with your religion problems and if you're having problems plz go look at that thread its called yugoz and their religion:D

mysticism
11-02-2012, 11:56 AM
It referred to Slavs of Bosnia regardless of religion. Tell me, where has there been a historical connection between the word "Bosniak" and it being solely a reference to "Bosnians Serbs". "Bosniak" was used regardless of religion. The people there called themselves "Srbin", "Hrvat", "Vlah" or "Bošnjanin" (archaic form of "Bosniak").

Yes it was used regardless of religion. I don't really see what you are arguing....I never said it was only used for the Orthodox.

Yeah, if you can show me proof that I'll concede defeat :rolleyes:

Proof that Serbs are Slavs? wtf?

Ushtari
11-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Proof that Serbs are Slavs? wtf?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_language

conclusion: serbs are Marsians

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 11:57 AM
i've a made a thread to help you yugoz with your religion problems and if you're having problems plz go look at that thread its called yugoz and their religion:D

Religion isn't the problem, it's education people who still have a 90's mentality.

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Yes it was used regardless of religion. I don't really see what you are arguing....I never said it was only used for the Orthodox. Proof that Serbs are Slavs? wtf?

:picard2:
You, and all your personalities, is what's wrong with the Balkans and Yugoslavians.

mysticism
11-02-2012, 12:01 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_language

conclusion: serbs are Marsians

According to the Dzihad-Bosniaks here and in Sarajevo we are aliens.

Meanwhile even Albanian muslims in plav call Bosniaks 'Serbs'...it's like a long running joke that only the Bosniaks aren't in on.

mysticism
11-02-2012, 12:03 PM
ehzJ7Jt4-TI

Mother, why do we speak Serbian? Why don't we speak Turkish? - Every young Bosniak child

dralos
11-02-2012, 12:04 PM
slavic blood you dont know any alboz you have told me this yourself dont go making stories up now

Mraz
11-02-2012, 12:06 PM
ehzJ7Jt4-TI

Mother, why do we speak Serbian? Why don't we speak Turkish? - Every young Bosniak child

Let's say I'm a Serb in denial, I still wish an atomic bomb falls on Banja Luka and Belgrade...:)
I understand some Croats that despise Balkan and that reject Yugos.

mysticism
11-02-2012, 12:07 PM
slavic blood you dont know any alboz you have told me this yourself dont go making stories up now

He was a taxi driver lol

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Let's say I'm a Serb in denial, I still wish an atomic bomb falls on Banja Luka and Belgrade...:)

Ok, putting your Serbophobia aside, wouldn't an atomic bomb on Banja Luka affect the rest of Bosnia and it's inhabitants (Bosniaks) negatively?

mysticism
11-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I understand some Croats that don't claim themselves as Balkanians and that reject Yugos.

That's totally fine. You don't have to be loyal to belgrade or banja luka to be Serb.

I know plenty of Montenegrin Serbs who hate Belgrade with a fiery passion.

King Nikola wanted Cetinje to be the capital of the renewed Serb empire.

dralos
11-02-2012, 12:09 PM
yeah i really believe you chetnik i poshter

ficuscarica
11-02-2012, 12:11 PM
In Germany there is a joke. You call a person and when the person comes you ask: "Do you know the book called "You Walked for Nothing""? :D

Mraz
11-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Ok, putting your Serbophobia aside, wouldn't an atomic bomb on Banja Luka affect the rest of Bosnia and it's inhabitants (Bosniaks) negatively?

I said this for provokative purposes, I don't wish innocent people to die.
Plus I don't want my family to eat radioactive cabbage. :D

Mraz
11-02-2012, 12:18 PM
That's totally fine. You don't have to be loyal to belgrade or banja luka to be Serb.

I know plenty of Montenegrin Serbs who hate Belgrade with a fiery passion.

King Nikola wanted Cetinje to be the capital of the renewed Serb empire.

Ok, how would you take it, if I say that Serbs are in fact Gypsies?

Methmatician
11-02-2012, 12:20 PM
I said this for provocative purposes, I don't wish innocent people to die.

I like hearing that :thumb001:

Plus I don't want my family to eat radioactive cabbage. :D

It's the radioactive Burek you have to really be worried about :D

Onur
11-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Those serb converts that i know from our local mosque are still serbs when you ask them,non of them says Bosniak:picard1:
Serbs converting to islam? How about other christian Serbs. Do they consider these neo-muslims as Serbs after their conversion? As far as i know, Serbs also identify themselves with orthodoxy like Greeks does.

Tough the term of Boşnak is how Turks pronounce the slavic word of Bosniak. The term of Boşnak has no etymology or any historical meaning in Turkic. It is not a Turkish word for sure.

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Serbs converting to islam? How about other christian Serbs. Do they consider these neo-muslims as Serbs after their conversion? As far as i know, Serbs also identify themselves with orthodoxy like Greeks does.

Well they dont like the fact they converted but no one is questioning their nationality,,they are just considered "traitors of the orthodox faith" by orthodox serbs(there are atheist serbs too who do not give a damn)

In Bosnia 2 famous journalists,one singer(all serbs) converted)

purple
11-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Emir Kusturica converted to Christianity.

Hurrem sultana
11-02-2012, 02:13 PM

yeah we know,he is gypsy :D

mysticism
11-03-2012, 12:35 AM
yeah we know,he is gypsy :D

Mraz
11-03-2012, 12:49 AM

clic at 1:10 (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfkpcs_emir-kusturica-guignols-2005_fun)

He should stop to make movies about gypsies and focus on Serbs and Slavs :D

mysticism
11-03-2012, 12:57 AM
clic at 1:10 (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfkpcs_emir-kusturica-guignols-2005_fun)

He should stop to make movies about gypsies and focus on Serbs and Slavs :D

He's making a remake of "Na drini cuprija" :)

Sultan Suleiman
11-03-2012, 02:06 AM
People you do realize you are discussing with a man who thinks all Slavs are/or have evolved from Serbs (even though Serbs themselves were an Iranic people which were Slavenized, but WTH logic and historic facts never took high place in wonderful collection of bedtime stories called Serbian history)?

No matter how many proofs your bring out in discussion, you need to realize that you are talking with a man whose entire life was influenced by Serbian nationalistic academia who in the 90s were few bad rakija shots away from proclaiming Jesus, Maria and 12 apostles Serbs and that they talked and prayed on (Slavic) Serbian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B5MboMtlCE) while Serbs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX_WtMJ8yas&feature=relmfu)were still in their pre Slavicized Iranic stage. Just let it go guys. Let him have his fantasies, and concentrate on things which are important like tits, chicks, chicks with big tits and Guild Wars 2 new update in November.

Guapo
11-03-2012, 02:12 AM
"Moj otac je bio ateista i uvijek se deklarisao kao Srbin. Dobro, možda smo bili Muslimani 250 godina, ali smo bili pravoslavci prije toga i duboko u sebi uvijek bili Srbi, vjera to ne može promjeniti. Mi smo postali Muslimani samo da bi preživjeli Turke"

- Emir Kusturica (This quote applies to 99% of "Bosniaks")

Indeed it does, "bosniaks" are Serbs and small minority were Croats. What else would they have been before the Turks arrived? They showed up on flying carpets from Saudi Arabia? :lmao:

bosnia and "bosniaks" owns their existence to the turks.

Truth hurts, POTURCENI hriscani

Guapo
11-03-2012, 02:17 AM
not true arab men generally really like white muslim wimminz and little boys(bosniaks,chechens,albanians etc)

fixed

This is so sad, European people shouldnt feel the need to search sacred places outside Europe and kneel before a semitic god.

Indeed but look at Europe now(Asiatic/Middle east scum everywhere), Europe as we knew it in the great 80's is dead. Bring back communism.

mysticism
11-03-2012, 02:23 AM
for my friend VV:

Sto ce turska vjera medju vama, pogani izrodi? Kuda cete s'kletvom pradjedovskom? S'cim cete izac pred Milosa i sve druge srpske vitezove koji zive doklen sunca grije?

Incal
11-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Hahhah.I also heard some rich arab guys from Emirates,Saudia etc are coming to Bosnia just to find a pretty muslim european wife :D thats sick!

I heard that during communist times, Eastern Europe was like a Gold Mine to Saudis and other rich arabas.

Sultan Suleiman
11-03-2012, 02:30 PM
for my friend VV:

Sto ce turska vjera medju vama, pogani izrodi? Kuda cete s'kletvom pradjedovskom? S'cim cete izac pred Milosa i sve druge srpske vitezove koji zive doklen sunca grije?

A vi prodaste rodnuvjeru Slavensku za nešto komada dukata i priznjanje od Grka nakon što ste dobili po kolektivnoj pički od njih i Bugara, dok su moji preci se zadržali svoja uvjerenja dok nisu stigla bolja alternativa od pedofila u Rimu i hedonista u Stambolu :thumb001:

Mraz
11-03-2012, 02:43 PM
for my friend VV:

etEGO2e9At8

Vidi vitezova jbt.

Methmatician
11-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Fellas. I think it's time we abandon this pseudo-ethnicity (Bosniak), and return to our Ancient Egyptian roots and start building pyramids again like the one in Visoko.

Mraz
11-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Fellas. I think it's time we abandon this pseudo-ethnicity (Bosniak), and return to our Ancient Egyptian roots and start building pyramids again like the one in Visoko.

We're older than Eyptians :D

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61062

dralos
11-03-2012, 03:15 PM
you arent illyrians,we're oldest

Incal
11-03-2012, 03:15 PM

Correction. He returned to Christianity. On his own words:

My father was an atheist and he always described himself as a Serb. OK, maybe we were Muslim for 250 years, but we were Orthodox before that and deep down we were always Serbs, religion cannot change that. We only became Muslims to survive the Turks.

Needless to say, I respect this man a lot.

dralos
11-03-2012, 03:17 PM
kusturica is a coward,he probably did that for selfish reasons

Mraz
11-03-2012, 03:21 PM

You ain't 25 000 years old, we are :cool:

dralos
11-03-2012, 03:23 PM
typical walone lazy and yelling i'm that,this:D

Mraz
11-03-2012, 03:29 PM
typical walone lazy and yelling i'm that,this:D

Remember when Francophone officers sent your Flemish asses to die against your Germanic bros, you even didn't know what they were saying :D

dralos
11-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Remember when Francophone officers sent your Flemish asses to die against your Germanic bros, you even didn't know what they were saying :D
now you come us begging from money,times change rich francophone:D

Sultan Suleiman
11-03-2012, 03:38 PM
etEGO2e9At8

Vidi vitezova jbt.

Oh God xD :D

Sultan Suleiman
11-03-2012, 03:39 PM

Albos are swarthy E and J servants of the HG I(2)-llyrian master race :coffee:

dralos
11-03-2012, 03:40 PM
i2a2 is slavic marker and alboz arent swarthy ask coon:D

Sultan Suleiman
11-03-2012, 06:18 PM
i2a2 is slavic marker and alboz arent swarthy ask coon:D

I will believe my own eyes :P

Everything past Novi Pazar is non-Euro.

Hurrem sultana
11-03-2012, 06:19 PM
I will believe my own eyes :P

Everything past Novi Pazar is non-Euro.

sandzaklije are noneuro?:confused:

Sultan Suleiman
11-03-2012, 06:25 PM
sandzaklije are noneuro?:confused:

I said PAST Novi Pazar :P

dralos
11-03-2012, 06:36 PM
sandzaklije are 2/3 with ancestry of gheg alboz,words of medvjed:D

Hurrem sultana
11-03-2012, 06:38 PM

do not try to tell that to a sandzo,he might kill you..:D

dralos
11-03-2012, 06:41 PM
sandzakli told me himself in brussel and no sandzakli would try to kill albo,bcs they know we would kill them first

Mraz
11-03-2012, 07:15 PM

That explains their swarthyness :P

Sophie
11-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Most Arabs look down on Africans and Chinese same as the Persians do but they throw in Arabs and Turks as well.

I don't think Iranians look down on Africans and Asians, because they never had much contact with them. Unless you are talking about diaspora Iranians, which contrary I have noticed are fascinated by African-American and East Asian cultures.

Of course with Arabs and Turks it is different and a result of historical rivalry in the region. It has not much to do with racism.