PDA

View Full Version : On righteousness

Barreldriver
11-01-2012, 07:02 PM
At this moment I feel so compelled as to initiate a discussion relevant to the subject of righteousness. I am of a mind that critical examination of terms will undoubtedly further the understanding of thus making the self better suited towards application. First, I will share my understanding relevant then leave the floor open to others to share their own understandings relevant.

The following is a product of associating lexical definitions (X = df. abc) so to reach a conclusion:

Righteousness is the quality or state of being righteous. Righteous is that which is virtuous. Virtuous is that which is excellent in moral character. Excellent is that which is of the highest quality. Character is a distinguishing feature. Moral is synonymous with ethical. Ethical is that which is good. Good is that which is satisfactory. Satisfactory is that which fulfills a need or desire or serves towards reparation for an injury or loss. A righteous being is that being whose distinguishing features fulfill a need or desire or serves towards reparation for an injury or loss, all to the highest quality.