PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian addiction to workout..

evon
11-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Ive noticed these last 5 years how working out has become the new obsession for people here, especially the younger generation 20's and such (in the city centre we have allot of training studios, probably more so then any other city ive been to) , i feel like we are entering a similar situation to were the classical greeks ones where in their pursuit of arete (a concept of being good at many things as to accomplish a balance), i wonder if this trend is visible in other countries also? i think its a very positive trend also though, especially for women whom through this will become more empowered and can defend themselves in a society with increased rape due to mass immigration ect...

here is a video example of a 17 year old from my city who works out regularly, i think she is quite typical these days and seeing unfit people is becoming increasingly rare compared to 10 years ago:

http://www.ba.no/nyheter/helsemagasinet/trening/article6321699.ece

I wonder, does your country have the same trend?

Dacul
11-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Think not only norwegians but also swedes and finns and estonians have an obssesion with working out.
But is something nice.
That woman from video is norwegian?
She really impressed me,how strong muscles she has.

evon
11-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Think not only norwegians but also swedes and finns and estonians have an obssesion with working out.
But is something nice.
That woman from video is norwegian?
She really impressed me,how strong muscles she has.

Yes i agree, its a good trend! Yes, she is quite typical, though most girls focus on stamina rather then mostly weights, i think most girls whom i workout with on a regular basis could easily lift more weight then me, and i am not the weakest guy in the room, so they are really strong...

Sultan Suleiman
11-03-2012, 06:55 PM
IDK is it smart that you Bjorks are burning up so much fat. Winters up there can be quite brutal... :(

Dacul
11-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Lol Evon how is she "quite typical"?
She is 17 years old,152 cm and 50kg and she is pushing from the chest 50kg!
When I went to gym during university at 23 years old 185 cm and 65kg I could not push from my chest 50kg!
And she is lifting above her head 55kg!
And she is a woman,that means her muscles are not that strong as male muscles!
Freaking viking woman,lol!

Furnace
11-03-2012, 07:09 PM
When I went to gym during university at 23 years old 185 cm and 65kg I could not push from my chest 50kg!

I agree, this is not typical at all :p

evon
11-03-2012, 07:14 PM
IDK is it smart that you Bjorks are burning up so much fat. Winters up there can be quite brutal... :(

My city has a very mild climate, i think interior Bosnia is probably colder most winters then here ;)

Yes, she is probably within the spectrum of average these days, but as i said, most train stamina (Running, ect) rather then weights as much as she seems to...

Dacul
11-03-2012, 07:15 PM
I think that typical norwegian woman is taller,this as first thing.
I saw her on youtube with her elder brother,her elder brother is very light skinned and blonde - think she is going to tan studio that she is a little swarthy.

evon
11-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I think that typical norwegian woman is taller,this as first thing.
I saw her on youtube with her elder brother,her elder brother is very light skinned and blonde - think she is going to tan studio that she is a little swarthy.

Yes she is quite short, and of course she uses artificial tanning cream/spray in all likelihood...i have a friend whom is much fitter then her, but she is 24, i tried to find a video of her, but i could not find it :(

MarkyMark
11-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Well she is from cross-fit. If you don't already know they do workouts and balance all types of exercise so you can be strong and a good long distance and short distance runner. But I can already tell you she is not typical for a female around here, maybe a gymnast. However most men are easily stronger than her. I probably only have a stronger triceps and pecs than her. I'm still working on shoulders, biceps, and back.

Leon_C
11-03-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry but look @ dat ass
and 50kg isn't bad for a girl... but to be fair she is short(ish) so lifting bigger weights will be easier for her than tall skinny men because as we all know work = force x distance

Dacul
11-03-2012, 08:11 PM
She is not forcing,I am sure that if she will force she will push 60kg from chest.

Tabiti
11-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm one of the few girls here who lift. Most do only endless cardio and abs.
Lifting makes you look like a man, you know :D

morski
11-03-2012, 10:12 PM
I've been doing calisthenics for the last ten or so years and can confirm that the recent years have seen an influx of young people at the school yards where the apparatus is located most often around here.

http://haskovo.info/images/stories/big/2009/08/lostove_250809_1.jpg

Albion
11-08-2012, 09:10 PM
It's good in a way, but then again I feel that it's just a symptom of a shallow society judging people based on looks rather than deeds. Just look at all the Jersey / Geordie shore and related crap on TV - is that really what our societies have become? :(

Pallantides
11-08-2012, 09:19 PM
i think she is quite typical these days and seeing unfit people is becoming increasingly rare compared to 10 years ago

I still see plenty of unfit people around.

Hàkon
11-08-2012, 10:33 PM
My impression has always been that Swedes are active in general, but it is evident that the interest has both widened and depened in recent years.

evon
11-08-2012, 10:38 PM
I still see plenty of unfit people around.

But its nothing compared to 10 years or so ago, of course we are not all walking talking gladiators, but fitness seem to be the trend..

Pallantides
11-08-2012, 11:18 PM
But its nothing compared to 10 years or so ago, of course we are not all walking talking gladiators, but fitness seem to be the trend..

Many people are active and fit but I usually don't see an abundance of super training buffs who look like that Suzanne Svanevik chick.

safinator
11-08-2012, 11:22 PM
I've been doing calisthenics for the last ten or so years and can confirm that the recent years have seen an influx of young people at the school yards where the apparatus is located most often around here.

http://haskovo.info/images/stories/big/2009/08/lostove_250809_1.jpg
Indeed calisthenics is a great choice, far better than gym IMO

Norse Sword
11-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Whoever made this video with the unbearable Nigger baboon music should be taken out and be made to walk the stone.

What a insult to Scandinavian culture.

Nice to see people taking a interest in staying fit. At least they realize being a fat, lazy Mcdonalds swilling swine wallowing in clogged arteries and blubber is disgusting.

I understand some people have a tendency to be heavy, but when a rescue unit needs to saw a wall out of your house to take you to the hospital, SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE QUIT FEEDING YOU.