PDA

View Full Version : Orthodox Bosniaks

Methmatician
11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Has anyone ever met a person who considers himself an ethnic Bosniak while also belonging to the Orthodox faith? I've seen Croatian Orthodox churches, but no Bosniak ones. I've personally met an Orthodox Bosniak, but he was only one person.

Also, do you think there will ever, in the future, be a sizeable Orthodox Bosniak population?

dralos
11-05-2012, 02:02 PM
no because in future you all wille become albanians

Minesweeper
11-05-2012, 02:03 PM
There are ethnic Serbs who consider themselves Bosniaks and vice versa. Some of them are religious I guess.

Methmatician
11-05-2012, 02:05 PM
There are ethnic Serbs who consider themselves Bosniaks and vice versa.

What are they, half-half?

no because in future you all wille become albanians

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25086902.jpg

dralos
11-05-2012, 02:07 PM
medvjed when you become alboz,you will have people of the same ethnicity of all faiths,doesnt this make you happy?

Methmatician
11-05-2012, 02:08 PM
medvjed when you become alboz,you will have people of the same ethnicity of all faiths,doesnt this make you happy?

Being happy and being Albanian are two completely different things :thumb001:

Minesweeper
11-05-2012, 02:10 PM
What are they, half-half?

No, pure like Jovan Divjak. I personally know a pure Muslim/Bosniak(whatever name you prefer) who fought in Army of Republika Srpska and still lives here. It happened, not very often but it did.

Methmatician
11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
No, pure like Jovan Divjak.

Jovan Divjak isn't a Bosniak :D He considers himself Bosnian first, then a Serb.

I personally know a pure Muslim/Bosniak(whatever name you prefer) who fought in Army of Republika Srpska and still lives here. It happened, not very often but it did.

Is he Orthodox Christian?

dralos
11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
that bosniak is traitor he killed his own kind

dralos
11-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Being happy and being Albanian are two completely different things :thumb001:
considering we dont have identity crisis,i can conclude that albanian and happiness is much closer to eachother than being any yugo ethnicity and happy:thumb001:

Methmatician
11-05-2012, 02:16 PM
considering we dont have identity crisis,i can conclude that albanian and happiness is much closer to eachother than being any yugo ethnicity and happy:thumb001:

Look at Albanian compared to Bosnia:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/World_happiness.png

dralos
11-05-2012, 02:21 PM
source plz

Methmatician
11-05-2012, 02:23 PM
source plz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satisfaction_with_Life_Index

mysticism
11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Has anyone ever met a person who considers himself an ethnic Bosniak while also belonging to the Orthodox faith? I've seen Croatian Orthodox churches, but no Bosniak ones. I've personally met an Orthodox Bosniak, but he was only one person.

Also, do you think there will ever, in the future, be a sizeable Orthodox Bosniak population?

No, and there are no such thing as "Croatian Orthodox" churches, those are Serb Churches in Croatia.

Mraz
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Orthodox and Catholic Bosnians yes, but Bosniaks no.

Hevo
11-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Bosniaks are Serbs/croats.

Guapo
11-05-2012, 04:36 PM
There are Serbs with the surname Bosnjak

Also this,lol:

http://www.maplandia.com/serbia-and-montenegro/srbija/bosnjak-44-22-20-n-21-18-39-e/

Alenka
11-05-2012, 04:43 PM
There are Serbs with the surname Bosnjak

Some Slovenes too.

Methmatician
11-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Ok. I don't think people are getting the point of the thread. This isn't about the origins of Bosniaks. I'm asking whether you think it's possible that some time in the future there will be enough Orthodox Bosniaks to create a Bosnian Orthodox Church?

Vojnik
11-06-2012, 04:44 AM
Ok. I don't think people are getting the point of the thread. This isn't about the origins of Bosniaks. I'm asking whether you think it's possible that some time in the future there will be enough Orthodox Bosniaks to create a Bosnian Orthodox Church?

Even if the number of Orthodox Bosniaks was to rise, I don't think they will create a separate Orthodox church from the existing Serbian one.

Adherents of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Bosnia and Herzegovina number 1,484,000.

Methmatician
11-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Adherents of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Bosnia and Herzegovina number 1,484,000.

They're Serbs.

mysticism
11-06-2012, 04:48 AM

No, sorry. Serbs have too secure of an identity and are too proud for that.

But will Bosniaks eventually become Muslim Serbs? This is more of a possibility.

Vojnik
11-06-2012, 04:56 AM
They're Serbs.

And I would imagine that they will join the Serb Church instead of creating their own, Given that the Serbian church in B&H is already established and has historical significance to that region.

Methmatician
11-06-2012, 05:14 AM
And I would imagine that they will join the Serb Church instead of creating their own, Given that the Serbian church in B&H is already established and has historical significance to that region.

Yes. But I figured, like the Macedonian and Montenegrin Churches, they would create their own.

Methmatician
11-06-2012, 05:15 AM

We're not talking about assimilation here :picard2:

mysticism
11-06-2012, 05:20 AM
We're not talking about assimilation here :picard2:

Where do you possibly think an "Orthodox Bosniak" would come from?
:picard1:

Mraz
11-06-2012, 05:24 AM

But will Bosniaks eventually become Muslim Serbs? This is more of a possibility.

Dream on it, your people is dying in BiH when Bosniaks are growing, Karma is such a bitch isn't it?

Vojnik
11-06-2012, 05:27 AM
Yes. But I figured, like the Macedonian and Montenegrin Churches, they would create their own.

I'm not sure of the Montenegrin church, but the Macedonian church has more history behind it then a Bosniak church ever would. Theodosius of Skopje, born in 1846 was a Macedonian Bulgarian priest who failed in creating a separate Macedonian church based on the old Ohrid Archbishoppric. My point is that the Bosniaks have no such history whatsoever to establish a separate church from the Serb church.

In saying this, I think the Bulgarian church should gain power over Macedonia as it once was.

mysticism
11-06-2012, 05:47 AM
Dream on it, your people is dying in BiH when Bosniaks are growing, Karma is such a bitch isn't it?

Is that so? Why does the Bosniak government not want censuses then?

Because they're scared of the growing Serb population.

Mraz
11-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Is that so? Why does the Bosniak government not want censuses then?

Because they're scared of the growing Serb population.

I'm talking about long term.

Methmatician
11-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure of the Montenegrin church, but the Macedonian church has more history behind it then a Bosniak church ever would. Theodosius of Skopje, born in 1846 was a Macedonian Bulgarian priest who failed in creating a separate Macedonian church based on the old Ohrid Archbishoppric. My point is that the Bosniaks have no such history whatsoever to establish a separate church from the Serb church.

In saying this, I think the Bulgarian church should gain power over Macedonia as it once was.

They don't have history now, but obviously if some converted now, then in 300 years there would be a 'history' of Orthodox Bosniaks. I'm just asking whether people think it's possible that in some time in the future, could be a million years, could there be a significant population of Orthodox Bosniaks, like the Croats have?

Arthas
11-06-2012, 07:00 PM
If I recall correctly, Protestantism is the largest branch of Christianity among the Bosniak population. It dates all the way back to the Middle Ages (or possibly earlier) when Bosnia was protestant.

Guapo
11-06-2012, 11:21 PM
If I recall correctly, Protestantism is the largest branch of Christianity among the Bosniak population. It dates all the way back to the Middle Ages (or possibly earlier) when Bosnia was protestant.

Um, no. Portestantism is 17 century.

Methmatician
11-07-2012, 01:07 AM

Where did you hear about Protestantism in Bosnia?

Mraz
11-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Where did you hear about Protestantism in Bosnia?

Maybe he was refering to Bosnian Church which can be considered as a form of Protestantism?

Guapo
11-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Maybe he was refering to Bosnian Church which can be considered as a form of Protestantism?

Orthodoxy is the original Protestantism, they protested again the vatican first.

Crn Volk
11-07-2012, 01:30 AM

I think the Macedonian Orthodox Church - Ohrid Archbishopric should be recognised as an autocephalous church, as it has been operating as such since 1967. Prior to that it was an independent church under the jurisdiction of the Serbian Church.

rashka
11-07-2012, 01:36 AM
When the war broke out, the American Evangelists were raring to get to Bosnia.

Crn Volk
11-07-2012, 01:39 AM
When the war broke out, the American Evangelists were raring to get to Bosnia.

Yes, they invaded Eastern Europe enmasse when the wall fell. I believe they have had great success in Albania though :wink

Methmatician
11-07-2012, 03:00 AM
Orthodoxy is the original Protestantism, they protested again the vatican first.

Protestants rose from Catholics.

Despite the fact that the church was established a few centuries before the Reformation.

Guapo
11-07-2012, 03:01 AM

I know that, they were anti-Catholic and anti-Pope like Orthodox christians but Orthodox were the originals protesters.

Mraz
11-07-2012, 03:20 AM

Despite the fact that the church was established a few centuries before the Reformation.

No matter the time period, you compare with what you know.

Guapo
11-07-2012, 03:22 AM
No matter the time period, you compare with what you know.

translation? govori srpski da te ceo svet razume

Mraz
11-07-2012, 03:39 AM
translation? govori srpski da te ceo svet razume

Slobo objava : ne sme niko da vas bije.

Methmatician
11-07-2012, 03:42 AM
I know that, they were anti-Catholic and anti-Pope like Orthodox christians but Orthodox were the originals protesters.

Orthodox are traditional. If anything, Catholics are the Protestants of Christianity before the Protestants :D

Guapo
11-07-2012, 03:43 AM
Orthodox are traditional. If anything, Catholics are the Protestants of Christianity before the Protestants :D

Catholic priests are molesters and homosexuals

Arthas
11-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Um, no. Portestantism is 17 century.

My bad.

Yes, that's what I am referring to.

I remember seeing a statistic somewhere that 1% of Bosniaks are Protestant, or something like that.

kvarc
11-25-2012, 12:57 AM
you don`t really think that Serbs from Republika Srpska will declare as Bosniaks? :eek:

Anusiya
11-25-2012, 04:29 AM

Catholics actually were the worst conspiring, sneaky of all. If anything Protestants are closer to Orthodox. You are joking, right? Catholics were vicious!

The Illyrian Warrior
01-03-2013, 10:43 PM

Bosniak nation doesn't exist dralos, only muslim serbs which now prefer to be called bosniaks, they are same genetically, traditionally. I just laugh with bosniaks when they ignore their history and blood sharing with serbian brothers, same history, same language SH!T common with everything just religion made them fierce enemies at least for serbs cause bosnian muslims feel much better with serbs than for example with muslim albanians...It is what it is serbs have right in this case when they say "bosniaks" are just serbian muslims...Cant deny on that.

Grizzly
01-03-2013, 10:59 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/is-such-a-thing-even-possible.jpg

Methmatician
01-04-2013, 10:57 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/is-such-a-thing-even-possible.jpg

I guess it is, but I don't think Bosniaks are, generally, religious enough to convert to another religion. Most likely more Bosniaks will drop Islam, or simply call themselves 'Muslims' for sake of tradition without doing anything Islamic.

Sultan Suleiman
01-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Most likely more Bosniaks will drop Islam, or simply call themselves 'Muslims' for sake of tradition without doing anything Islamic.

Please don't start Alboing on me...

Gospodine
01-04-2013, 04:19 PM
No, pure like Jovan Divjak. I personally know a pure Muslim/Bosniak(whatever name you prefer) who fought in Army of Republika Srpska and still lives here. It happened, not very often but it did.

Quite a number of Orthodox Serbs from Sarajevo also fought for ARBiH.

Twistedmind
01-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Quite a number of Orthodox Serbs from Sarajevo also fought for ARBiH.
They might be Serbs, but Orthodox hardly. They are mostly communist, atheist and other shit. On other hand there was significant number of Muslim Bosniaks fighitng in VRS. :bored:
Please, could we just be civilised.

ON op
No there could not be some knind of Bosniak church
first,
Orthodox Church is not divided on ethnic pricniples, but territorial, which offten correspond to ethnic, but there are 4 Greek particular Churches.
and Bosniak who would convert Orthodoxy would in his lifespan assimilate in Serb. We all have same background and main thing dividing us is religion.

Gospodine
01-04-2013, 04:29 PM
They might be Serbs, but Orthodox hardly. They are mostly communist, atheist and other shit. On other hand there was significant number of Muslim Bosniaks fighitng in VRS. :bored:
Please, could we just be civilised.

Dafuq?

I'm pointing out that on all 3 sides there were people who switched allegiances.

Are all you RS Serbs still living in 1992?

I'm not sure of the Montenegrin church, but the Macedonian church has more history behind it then a Bosniak church ever would. Theodosius of Skopje, born in 1846.

1846?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eparchy_of_Zahumlje_and_Herzegovina

Twistedmind
01-04-2013, 04:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eparchy_of_Zahumlje_and_Herzegovina
It is Eparchy of Serbian Orthodox Church, founded by Sveti Sava? Honestly, but really honestly what it had to do with Bosniaks?

Gospodine
01-04-2013, 04:36 PM
at least for serbs cause bosnian muslims feel much better with serbs than for example with muslim albanians...

:lmao
What the fuck do we have in common with you retards?

Last time I checked we don't kill our extended family because of some blood feud from 1348.

Nor do we call our kids by names that haven't been used for 1,500 years that we have no connection to.

Nor do we fire AK-47s into the air every time some one in the selo gets a pay cheque.

You want to talk about identity crisis?

You guys wouldn't have come up with the Illyrian hypothesis if it smacked you in the face.
Swedes and Croats did all the ground work for you.

Please. Albanians hadn't even heard of Illyria before 1970.

Gospodine
01-04-2013, 04:38 PM
It is Eparchy of Serbian Orthodox Church, founded by Sveti Sava? Honestly, but really honestly what it had to do with Bosniaks?

Nothing.

I'm just refuting Vojnik's claim of an autocephalous Orthodox Church not having any historical basis in Bosnian Orthodoxy.

Twistedmind
01-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Nothing.

I'm just refuting Vojnik's claim of an autocephalous Orthodox Church not having any historical basis in Bosnian Orthodoxy.
Vojnik is right. Eparchy of Zahumlje was one just Eparchy of Serbian Orthodox Church. Zahumlje was part of Serbia 1219. TRough entire history all faithfull were Serbs.
And it would be Hercegovnian Orthodoxy. Bosnian and Hercegovinian Orthodoxy=part of Serbian Orthodoxy.

You are developing your national idenitity, nice, but could you leave our Church out of it?

Gospodine
01-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Vojnik is right. Eparchy of Zahumlje was one just Eparchy of Serbian Orthodox Church. Zahumlje was part of Serbia 1219. TRough entire history all faithfull were Serbs.
And it would be Hercegovnian Orthodoxy. Bosnian and Hercegovinian Orthodoxy=part of Serbian Orthodoxy.

Either way it has a history stretching back to the 1100's. So to say the Orthodox Church has no basis there is garbage. Which I think was his point. It's not like Orthodoxy just vanished when Bosnians converted.

And likewise the Macedonian Church was under the Patriarchy of Constantinople and the Bulgarian Exarchate until 1967.

You are developing your national idenitity, nice, but could you leave our Church out of it?

Hey it's your church. Keep it. Have it. Cherish it.

You're talking to the wrong guy; I could care less about the Churches or Mosques in Bosnia.

Twistedmind
01-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Either way it has a history stretching back to the 1100's.

1219 acctually.

And likewise the Macedonian Church was under the Patriarchy of Constantinople and the Bulgarian Exarchate until 1967.

No. It was under SOC. It is still considered as part of SOC under canon law.

Hey it's your church. Keep it. Have it. Cherish it.

You're talking to the wrong guy; I could care less about the Churches or Mosques in Bosnia.

Whatever.

The Illyrian Warrior
01-08-2013, 12:10 AM
:lmao
What the fuck do we have in common with you retards?

Last time I checked we don't kill our extended family because of some blood feud from 1348.

Nor do we call our kids by names that haven't been used for 1,500 years that we have no connection to.

Nor do we fire AK-47s into the air every time some one in the selo gets a pay cheque.

You want to talk about identity crisis?

You guys wouldn't have come up with the Illyrian hypothesis if it smacked you in the face.
Swedes and Croats did all the ground work for you.

Please. Albanians hadn't even heard of Illyria before 1970.
1. But thats i've been saying you dont have nothing in common with albanians or any NON-slav in particular your just a slavic with serbian history, genetic, tradition and language just religion keep you apart from your brothers. So stop pretending your different with rest of slavs.

2. Oh we heard about illyrians long time you were born as a nation to begin with :D .... our ancient language and appearance doesn't forget our ancestors so easy ;)

Methmatician
01-08-2013, 11:37 PM
According to the Montenegrin census there are 32 Bosniaks who are Orthodox Christian. And even funnier, there are 71 Slavic Muslims who are Orthodox. They are growing....

Hurrem sultana
01-08-2013, 11:44 PM
According to the Montenegrin census there are 32 Bosniaks who are Orthodox Christian. And even funnier, there are 71 Slavic Muslims who are Orthodox. They are growing....

Mixed marriage,there are more muslim serbs..does not proove anything,there is no bosniak orthodox church

Methmatician
01-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Mixed marriage,there are more muslim serbs..does not proove anything,there is no bosniak orthodox church

There might be one day :D Then there will be Catholic Bosniaks.

Twistedmind
01-08-2013, 11:47 PM

Medvjed all of them were Serbs making jokes with census takers, ;)
Somebody could not be Muslim and Christian in same time.
And Medvjed, there will never be "Bosniak Orthodox Church" only cannonical Church in former Yu is Serbian.
And "Montenegrin Church" have few dozens of believers in Cetinje.

Methmatician
01-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Medvjed all of them were Serbs making jokes with census takers, ;)
Somebody could not be Muslim and Christian in same time.
And Medvjed, there will never be "Bosniak Orthodox Church" only cannonical Church in former Yu is Serbian.
And "Montenegrin Church" have few dozens of believers in Cetinje.

Only in the Balkans they can ;)

Twistedmind
01-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Only in the Balkans they can ;)
To troll census takers? Yes. It is Balkan phenomenon, in Serbia there were Martians. :D

Methmatician
01-08-2013, 11:54 PM
To troll census takers? Yes. It is Balkan phenomenon, in Serbia there were Martians. :D

Well, on a serious note, I have met an Orthodox Bosniak in person.

Twistedmind
01-08-2013, 11:56 PM

You allread told me. But, nevertheless he is member of Serbian Church, and half Serb. What do you think how big chances he will assimilate during his life.
Look things are like this, from canonical standpoint only Church to which they naturally could belong (same territory and language) is Serbian, and Orthodoxy is one of cornerstones of Serbdom. You realise where things lead.
Not to mention two peoples are of same origin (I do not go in discussions about whose is what, just it is undeniable from any point three of us are pretty close bunch, from genetics, trough folkolore and finally in language)

Methmatician
01-08-2013, 11:58 PM
You allread told me. But, nevertheless he is member of Serbian Church, and half Serb. What do you think how big chances he will assimilate during his life.

100%. He lives in Australia, and he's been calling himself an Aussie for years now.

Twistedmind
01-08-2013, 11:59 PM
100%. He lives in Australia, and he's been calling himself an Aussie for years now.
Than he is Orthodox Australian. (Selfidentification)

Methmatician
01-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Than he is Orthodox Australian. (Selfidentification)

Now there will be an Australian Orthodox Church.

Twistedmind
01-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Now there will be an Australian Orthodox Church.

Not really. If you wish I will explain you situation in PM.

Hurrem sultana
01-09-2013, 12:14 AM

Not really,i can identify as japanese,but i am not japanese

Methmatician
01-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Not really,i can identify as japanese,but i am not japanese

Japanese isn't a religion. :picard2:

Hurrem sultana
01-09-2013, 01:11 AM
Japanese isn't a religion. :picard2:

he is not a bosniak ,period

iNird
01-09-2013, 01:31 AM
can I be a bosniak? kako si brate mysliman? Selam alejkum brate.

Methmatician
01-09-2013, 01:39 AM
he is not a bosniak ,period

He is 50%.

poiuytrewq0987
01-09-2013, 01:56 AM
How to become Bosniak;

1. Borrow as many Turkish vocabulary as you can then incorporate into your version of BCS
2. Eat a lot of kebapi
3. Never attend the local mosque or pray regularly
4. Sleep around with local whores or gigolos (depending on your gender and sexual preference)
5. you are now Bosniak

Methmatician
01-09-2013, 01:58 AM
2. Eat a lot of Ćevapi

Hurrem sultana
01-09-2013, 07:33 AM
How to become Bosniak;

1. Borrow as many Turkish vocabulary as you can then incorporate into your version of BCS
2. Eat a lot of kebapi
4. Sleep around with local whores or gigolos (depending on your gender and sexual preference)
5. you are now Bosniak

sounds like your typical serb too,just change mosque with church,or any balkanian for that

Vojnik
01-09-2013, 02:32 PM
It would be simply retarded to have a Bosniak Orthodox Church. Who will be the adherents of this church? a hand full of people? If a Bosniak would like to convert to Christianity, he/she has two opinions in Bosnia, they are Roman Catholicism (Croats) and Christian Orthodoxy (Serbs).

Gospodine
01-11-2013, 10:10 AM
How to become Bosniak;

2. Eat a lot of kebapi
5. you are now Bosniak

Well you would know about changing ethnicity since you're the chameleon on here who pretends to be a different ethnicity every 2 weeks.

How to be an ethnically-challenged retard: Consult Thraex.

archangel
01-11-2013, 10:16 AM
orthodox bosnians are oxymorons lol

Twistedmind
01-11-2013, 10:25 AM
orthodox bosnians are oxymorons lol
36 % of Bosnians are Orthodox. Bosnian could be Serb, Bosniak or Croat.
Bosnian = Native of Bosna

Bosniak = ethnic group.

archangel
01-11-2013, 10:28 AM
who cares brother?i only care for Türks. there are millions of Tatar and Chuvash Türks in russia,they must be free from slavs some are christians also.

Twistedmind
01-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Chuvash are all Christians. And 30% of Tatars. Also Chuvash dont want any kind of indipendence. Same as majority of Tatars.
But who cares for them?
You just stated I am oxymoron. I am Bosnian Serb and Orthodox. (same like some 1,350,000 people)

archangel
01-11-2013, 10:33 AM
i dont care for religion i only care Türks as a nation

Twistedmind
01-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Interesting, but not really on topic.

Hurrem sultana
01-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Everyone knows that when you say bosnian you really think bosniak,so he is right

Twistedmind
01-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Everyone knows that when you say bosnian you really think bosniak,so he is right

Not really.

Bosnians
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Not to be confused with Bosniak.
This article is about the citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina. For other uses, see Bosnians (disambiguation).

Bosnians (Bosnian: Bosanci, Serbian: Босанци, Croatian: Bosanci) are people who reside in, or come from, Bosnia.

As you see entire world knows difference.

Hurrem sultana
01-11-2013, 10:17 PM
most probably a balkanian wrote that :D

poiuytrewq0987
01-11-2013, 10:39 PM
who cares brother?i only care for Türks. there are millions of Tatar and Chuvash Türks in russia,they must be free from slavs some are christians also.

Nice try but Volga Bulgarians are not Tatars. That's just a name given to them by Russians.

-VQxSBrm130

Gorštak
08-15-2013, 05:22 AM
Well, we didn't had census for a long time so It's hard to say accurate data, you have Bosniaks of different faiths, but of course Bosniaks are mainly Muslims .
In census in Croatia last year, 31.479 people declared themselves as Bosniaks, 27. 595 of them as Muslims, 317 as Catholics and 293 as Orthodox.

It will be interesting to see what will happen in future with Bosnian Croats and Serbs who are loyal to Bosnia and consider Bosnia as their lovely state, they are minority but they exist, would they choose to stay declared Serbs and Croats or will become Catholic and Orthodox Bosniaks.

Bosnian Croat when he is born automatically get Croatian citizenship, so they care that Croatian national awareness stay strong in them.
I think that Bosnian Serbs don't have that privilege, but it doesn't really change anything.

Shah-Jehan
08-15-2013, 05:34 AM
Are there Serbian Muslims?

Gorštak
08-15-2013, 05:38 AM

Yes of course.

Methmatician
08-15-2013, 05:39 AM

Serbian Muslims are Muslims who live in Serbia. Are you asking about Muslim Serbs? There exists both but there are much more Serbian Muslims than Muslim Serbs.

Shah-Jehan
08-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Yes of course.

What? Where?

Don't tell me about the Sandzak Bosniaks from Serbia...

Gorštak
08-15-2013, 05:46 AM
What? Where?

Don't tell me about the Sandzak Bosniaks from Serbia...

Sandzak Bosniaks are huge Bosniaks patriots.
But of course you have on individual base Muslim Serbs, I mean what's so strange about it, there are certainly even some Buddhists and Hindus among Serbs, Croats and Bosniaks.

Shah-Jehan
08-15-2013, 05:47 AM
But of course you have on individual base Muslim Serbs, I mean what's so strange about it, there are certainly even some Buddhists and Hindus among Serbs, Croats and Bosniaks.

Not on a large scale level though because the Balkans is quite religious compared to other parts of Europe...

Methmatician
08-15-2013, 05:48 AM

The ones in Serbia are. Not as much in Montenegro, but still present.

Shah-Jehan
08-15-2013, 05:50 AM
The ones in Serbia are. Not as much in Montenegro, but still present.

The ones in Montenegro count them as ethnic Montenegrins or something as well as Bosniaks and Muslims by nationality...

Methmatician
08-15-2013, 06:02 AM
The ones in Montenegro count them as ethnic Montenegrins or something as well as Bosniaks and Muslims by nationality...

Some consider themselves Bosniak, others Slavic Muslim. However, they are more patriotic than those in Serbia (They love Montenegro more than Bosniaks in Serbia love Serbia).

Gorštak
08-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Some consider themselves Bosniak, others Slavic Muslim. However, they are more patriotic than those in Serbia (They love Montenegro more than Bosniaks in Serbia love Serbia).

Everybody should respect state where they live and try to be useful citizens.

Methmatician
08-15-2013, 06:10 AM
Everybody should respect state where they live and try to be useful citizens.

Yes they should, but situation is different for Bosniaks in Serbia compared to Montenegro. Bosniaks are represented well and the law treats them equally in Montenegro. In Serbia it's a little different. Most live ok, but sometimes police refuse to get involved when a crime is committed against a Bosniak.

Diocleatian204
12-09-2017, 09:43 PM

Probably he was a Serb or his Mother was a Serb, Orthodox Bosniaks = Serbs.

Bosniensis
12-09-2017, 09:48 PM
We have converted our Orthodox and Bosnian Churches into Mosques.

Christianity WAS our religion but not anymore, those who remained Christians are called Serbs.

Muslim Serbs also are nowdays called Bosniaks.

Vlatko Vukovic
12-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Probably he was a Serb or his Mother was a Serb, Orthodox Bosniaks = Serbs.

Actually there are some. Bosnian patriots of Serb origin, of course.

Diocleatian204
12-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Emir Kusturica was a Bosniak Muslim he become an Orthodox Serb.

So that means Bosniaks = Muslim Serbs and Croatians = Catholic Serbs.