PDA

View Full Version : Bulgarian trip

Guapo
11-06-2012, 02:55 AM
My wife and I went to Bulgaria for the first time last week. We wanted to check out Golden Sands and Sunny Beach. In addition, as we dream of buying a small seaside holiday apartment at some point, we wanted to look into that. Bulgaria is supposed to mean great fun, excellent beaches, good food, cheap prices, and also good investments.

Here are some highlights from our trip:

1) At one point during the flight, I realized that someone had just been smoking in the toilet and there was a horrible smell. I kindly pointed this out to the hostess. She was extremely rude to me, and told me to mind my own business. As far as I could later gather, the responsible person was one of her colleagues.

2) We arrived in Varna airport around midnight from the UK. There were just two taxis at the airport. We took one, and we were charged 130 euros to Golden Sands. We were indeed cheated, by a driver who pretended that his meter did not work, and then added all sorts of extras for luggage, night extra, etc. We complained but he shouted and shouted, until we paid.

3) The hotel we had booked, Golden Yavor, was full. We had pre-paid it through medhotels.com, but our room was not there, due to a computer error. They were very rude to us, saying they could not help. They called a taxi for us in the end, so we could go and look for another hotel in the middle of the night.

4) Back in the UK, we saw that medhotels.com had already charged us. We complained, and they said their representative was going to find another hotel for us, and it's our fault that we did not call. I explained that at 2 am I did not feel like trying to contact them, and they may be closed too, but they still refused to refund the money. Fortunately, our credit card later intervened and refunded us.

5) On our first day, we were outside an exchange booth, queueing up to change our money ($ 300). A man approched us and asked if we wanted to change with him, he was very insistent, but we declined - as we knew the kind of tricks involved. Suddenly another man distracted us, and the first one snatched the money from my hand and ran away. I ran after him in the crowd, while a German man and a French family joined in. Meanwhile, the locals just watched, totally uncaring that a foreign tourist had just been robbed.

6) Although we did not catch the thief, we saw that he had entered a hotel, though he had presumably got out in the meantime. We talked to the hotel staff to see if they could help identify the thief, perhaps watch the video-surveillance system (which they had !), etc. They were rude, and said they could not help. We asked if they could call the police for us, and they declined. We sat in the hotel bar and ordered a soft drink, but the waiter refused to serve us without giving a reason.

7) Thanks to a British man who knew the number for the police and spoke some Bulgarian, we called the police. They came. One of them spoke a few words of English, and asked hotel staff to help with the translation. In the end they gave us a paper in Bulgarian and asked us to sign. I said I could not sign something in a language I did not understand. They said then we should go to the police station, and started to be nasty. I just signed, as I was getting quite afraid. I was being treated like I was the thief ! We asked the police if we could have some kind of report of the incident, but they said I had to find a lawyer and translator. They also declined to give me their name. As I took a pen to note down the police car's plate number, one of them said "no" and had a nasty expression on his face.

8) We tried to forget the incident and enjoy. We went to a restaurant and ordered a seafood salad. It was bad. I think even with canned ingredients, it would be hard to produce such bad food. Then a cat started to bother us, and my wife is allergic. I asked if they could move the cat away and they were rude to me.

9) On the way back home, we saw a quantity of prostitutes I had never seen anywhere else.

10) The next morning we went on a kind of sport, flyign in the sky on a kind of bit kite, while a small motor boat pulls it from the sea - I am sure there is a technical name, but I don't know it. Very nice experience. However my wife had left her purse on the beach with the boat company, and when she came the purse was there, but her mobile phone and one perfume were gone.

11) We decided suddenly to move to Sunny Beach, so we went back to the hotel and called a taxi. The hotel claimed that I had broken the television and wanted around $ 100, but I declined. While I was getting in the taxi they claimed that I had broken a window and wanted $ 20. Out of desperation, I paid.

12) We got to Sunny Beach quite late, found a hotel and went there. (This time the taxi did not cheat us, wow !)

13) After a night out as we returned to the hotel, the reception informed us that there was a mistake and we had to leave. We looked at them in disbelief. They said that people have to pay in advance. I said I had not paid because they did not ask me. So I pulled out my money and paid and the matter was solved. No big deal really, but strange attitude !

14) The next morning we were having lunch at a restaurant on the beach. A British woman who heard us speak Engish approached us crying, saying her child had been lost, and asking our help. I asked the restaurant owner if he could call the police. He said "why ?" and I explained that the woman could not find her child and was afraid he had been kidnapped. The man replied "it is not my problem".

15) The small child was later found. He had not been kidnapped, but some teenage locals were in fact talking to him in a way that the mother and us did not like. Not sure what they were trying to do, but it was strange.

16) We left the next day by taxi to Sofia, as we had enough. The driver wanted to smoke, which we refused, so he kept stopping and smoking outside. At one point he just dropped us in the middle of the road and let us to continue with a passing bus. He said he could not drive without smoking.

17) At the airport, the police watched our passports like I had never experienced before. They said my photo did not look like me, and wanted a more recent document. Fortunately I had other documents with photos.

As I want to be objective, I can tell you that we flew from Bulgaria to Athens, and we had a great time in Greece.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1409723

mysticism
11-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Why the f did they delete this last time? Was it a butthurt bulgarian mod?

alb0zfinest
11-06-2012, 03:17 AM
The unfortunate events of one man and his wife, doesn't describe a whole country and all of its people. 9 million tourists wouldn't have visited Bulgaria and returned if their experiences were bad.

Guapo
11-06-2012, 03:22 AM
The unfortunate events of one man and his wife, doesn't describe a whole country and all of its people. 9 million tourists wouldn't have visited Bulgaria and returned if their experiences were bad.

Get lost, if this was about Serbia you'd be praising it. Fucking albo hypocrites.

Vojnik
11-06-2012, 04:22 AM
I think this type of thing applies to most of the Balkans and not exclusively to Bulgaria. The people had a bad time, although you can't judge a country on the opinion of a few people alone.

Mortimer
11-06-2012, 04:29 AM
Montenegro and Greece are much better then Bulgaria. Would never dream of going to Bulgaria for vacation, the real Country of Graf Dracula.

Talvi
11-06-2012, 04:33 AM
I had my wallet stolen from my bag in Varna :( I didnt go to the police, I was told the Bulgarian police and completely useless and most likely working together with the criminals.

Also, Ive never experienced such slow service in restaurants in my entire life. You ask for water, they bring it after 10 minutes, you ask for the check and they bring it 15 minutes later. Not to mention peoples poor English skills.

Mortimer
11-06-2012, 04:34 AM
I had my wallet stolen from my bag in Varna :( I didnt go to the police, I was told the Bulgarian police and completely useless and most likely working together with the criminals.

Also, Ive never experienced such slow service in restaurants in my entire life. You ask for water, they bring it after 10 minutes, you ask for the check and they bring it 15 minutes later. Not to mention peoples poor English skills.

in turkey its better, you get better service

mysticism
11-06-2012, 04:43 AM
Man I really wanted to go to Bulgaria this summer, looks like Turkey instead!

Vojnik
11-06-2012, 04:51 AM

Silly that you didn't report it. In the case of petty theft as you have experienced, it would be quite hard for authorities to find the person regardless of the country.

Osprey
11-06-2012, 04:59 AM
Montenegro and Greece are much better then Bulgaria. Would never dream of going to Bulgaria for vacation, the real Country of Graf Dracula.

Transylvania
to be precise

Talvi
11-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Transylvania
to be precise

Wasnt he born in Sigisoara? Which is very clearly in Romania.

Trun
11-06-2012, 05:12 AM
Do you really think anyone would believe this made up story?

Vojnik
11-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Do you really think anyone would believe this made up story?

It doesn't matter whether it's made up or real. People can't judge from the comments of a few individuals.

Archduke
11-06-2012, 11:11 AM
At least we have tourism, unlike Serbia where people find only shit and rocks.

Just like alb0zfinest said, 9 million + people visit Bulgaria per year (that's more than Serbia's population). Not to mention that i live in tourist city and there are no such things.

Archduke
11-06-2012, 11:19 AM

Don't forget that Bulgaria is one of the poorest countries in the EU. We also have Gypsy minority...

But that's most probably your fault since nobody is required to save your wallet. This can happen in every country :thumb001:

Archduke
11-06-2012, 11:21 AM

Is that comparing thread?

Bulgaria has much more to offer than Montenegro.

morski
11-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Few weeks ago I was having a a couple of beers with two Irish blokes. One was an expat living in Bulgaria for the last 5 or 6 years, the other one- a dental tourist. When we left the pub, the latter got approached by a street Gypo prostitute. I told the other one that his mate is probably about to be mugged, he just said - let him deal with it himself. Of course it happed precisely the way I have anticipated. :D:picard1: He wandered off with the human waste and appeared half an hour later saying- it's all gone, mate, passport, money, everything...

Serb tourists would be fine here, though. They'd feel like home.:rolleyes:

Talvi
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Don't forget that Bulgaria is one of the poorest countries in the EU. We also have Gypsy minority...

But that's most probably your fault since nobody is required to save your wallet. This can happen in every country :thumb001:

Its my fault if something is stolen from me?? I guess you cant expect a better mind-set than that from one of the poorest countries in the EU. ;)

Archduke
11-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Its my fault if something is stolen from me?? I guess you cant expect a better mind-set than that from one of the poorest countries in the EU. ;)

A normal person usualy put his wallet on a save place.

I don't know what was your case, but your bag was obviously on a place where such things can happen.

morski
11-06-2012, 12:14 PM

You should be eternally grateful we didn't steal the whole bag or sold you into slavery in Amsterdam's red light district. :D

Talvi
11-06-2012, 12:15 PM
A normal person usualy put his wallet on a save place.

I don't know what was your case, but your bag was obviously on a place where such things can happen.

I did things the way I would in Estonia, and nothing has ever been stolen from me there, or any other country Ive ever been to. (which is quite a few)

Loki
11-06-2012, 12:17 PM
This is really shocking! I think I'd rather go to Turkey for a holiday in that region.

morski
11-06-2012, 12:17 PM
This is really shocking! I think I'd rather go to Turkey for a holiday in that region.

Croatia would be my choice.

Talvi
11-06-2012, 12:21 PM

Talking about "that region" it was a bit of a "culture shock" in Romania when the hostel administrator advised us never to take out our wallets or money on the street, or let absolutely anyone see we have any wallets at all!!

Also in some diners and such people just come up to your table and ask you for your food or when you leave and there is some food left they come and eat it!! However it happened to me once in Latvia also.

Archduke
11-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Talking about "that region" it was a bit of a "culture shock" in Romania when the hostel administrator advised us never to take out our wallets or money on the street, or let absolutely anyone see we have any wallets at all!!

Also in some diners and such people just come up to your table and ask you for your food or when you leave and there is some food left they come and eat it!! However it happened to me once in Latvia also.

You were in Eastern Europe, sweety. I really doubt if things in Estonia are different.

Talvi
11-06-2012, 12:25 PM
You are in Eastern Europe, sweety. I really doubt if things in Estonia are different.

They are very different, sweetie. Come see for yourself. :)

Osprey
11-06-2012, 12:32 PM
You should be eternally grateful we didn't steal the whole bag or sold you into slavery in Amsterdam's red light district. :D

Correct. Western and Northern women should not take everything for granted while moping into some less affluent regions of the world.

morski
11-06-2012, 12:33 PM

You should have said it's like Scandinavia. Karl would much approve.:thumb001:

Archduke
11-06-2012, 12:33 PM

There is one Estonian family here. According to them, Estonia is not much better than Balkan countries.

You are like us, typical poor Eastern European country.

Talvi
11-06-2012, 12:45 PM
There is one Estonian family here. According to them, Estonia is not much better than Balkan countries.

I see you desperately want us to be like you. Im flattered. However since youve never been here you cant make a fair judgement.

(In Bulgaria ive been to Ruse and Varna. In Romania to Giurgiu, Bucharest, Sigisoara, Sibiu and Brasov)

Archduke
11-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I see you desperately want us to be like you. Im flattered. However since youve never been here you cant make a fair judgement.

Alright. Estonia is rich and has typical European mentality, unlike Bulgaria (where it is full with thieves). Are you happy now? :)

(In Bulgaria ive been to Giurgiu, Ruse and Varna)

That's not in Bulgaria.

Archduke
11-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Anyway, we should stop spoiling Guapo's useful thread. :) Do you agree, Talvi?

Talvi
11-06-2012, 12:57 PM
That's not in Bulgaria.

I got confused but fixed it but you quoted me too fast. We took a train to Giurgiu and walked to Ruse (6 hours in 30c over the Donau :( nobody wanted to give us a ride) thats why it felt the same.

Anyway, we should stop spoiling Guapo's useful thread. :) Do you agree, Talvi?

With the attitude youre giving me Im remembering more and more to add to Guapos wonderful list!

morski
11-06-2012, 01:03 PM
With the attitude youre giving me Im remembering more and more to add to Guapos wonderful list!

Tell us! I'm interested.

Archduke
11-06-2012, 01:05 PM

Go ahead. I'm interested to read what adventures you had in Bulgaria. :) Is Bulgaria that worse for the "rich" Estonians?

BTW i had good opinion for you till now.

I'm out from here, it's obviously trollish thread.

Talvi
11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Tell us! I'm interested.

The amount of beggars is crazy!!!! Also the amount of stray cats and dogs, but that seems to be normal in the South.

And its not a necessity to know English, but even many tourist oriented places lack proper means to communicate any information to tourists. (Especially in Romania)

Talvi
11-06-2012, 01:09 PM
BTW i had good opinion for you till now.

I know that is a lie!!

Guapo
I'm out from here, it's obviously trollish thread.

But you enjoy trollish threads regarding Serbs

morski
I don't want to sound apologetic(Bulgaria is certainly not a very well run country), but some of the misfortunes described in the OP are to some extent the result of a rather moronic behaviour.

morski
11-06-2012, 01:14 PM
A friend of mine who lives in the Netherlands has a rather neat approach to holidays in foreign destinations - learning several phrases in the destination language and keeping a phrase-book.:thumb001:

Archduke
11-06-2012, 01:16 PM
But you enjoy trollish threads regarding Serbs

So? I just prove with historical facts that Serbs are the worst plague on the Balkans...and sometimes post real Serbs like Vlade Divac, Jelena Jankovic etc. We even have such group already (Slavic Blood made it).

Cannabis Sativa
11-06-2012, 01:17 PM

No doubt Bulgarians and Albanians are majored in such nice professions.

Guapo
11-06-2012, 01:17 PM
So? I just prove with historical facts that Serbs are the worst plague on the Balkans...and sometimes post real Serbs like Vlade Divac, Jelena Jankovic etc. We even have such group already (Slavic Blood made it).

You're a whiney hypocrite.

morski
11-06-2012, 01:20 PM
No doubt Bulgarians and Albanians are majored in such nice professions.

Git burda, anadymnu?:D

alb0zfinest
11-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Get lost, if this was about Serbia you'd be praising it. Fucking albo hypocrites.

If it was Serbia i wouldn't care.

Archduke
11-06-2012, 01:22 PM
The amount of beggars is crazy!!!! Also the amount of stray cats and dogs, but that seems to be normal in the South.

And its not a necessity to know English, but even many tourist oriented places lack proper means to communicate any information to tourists. (Especially in Romania)

Varna and Rousse have so much beautiful places...I can't understand where were you. I live in the 4th biggest city in Bulgaria and the only true thing from what you said is that there are a lot of cats. :rolleyes:

Archduke
11-06-2012, 01:25 PM
You're a whiney hypocrite.

Guapović, you are very rude! :D

Talvi
11-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Varna and Rousse have so much beautiful places...I can't understand where were you. I live in the 4th biggest city in Bulgaria and the only true thing from what you said is that there are a lot of cats. :rolleyes:

I feel like its like this: Romania - loads of dogs (there was a pack of dogs who ran around us at night when we were looking for the hostel, but they were friendly and went to hang out in the park later). Bulgaria - loads of dogs and cats, Turkey loads of cats. In Estonia its rare to see stray animals, especially dogs- cats- sometimes but they never come up to you and beg for food.

I spend only 1 night in Rousse and didnt actually see much. We went to eat out and the service was horrible, the waiter refused to respond to any kind of English. Then In the train station there was a creepy gypsy who kept staring at me and smiling.

In Varna we walked from the train station to the centre and stayed there for the rest of the time (about 1 week) mostly just going to the beach or something. To be honest I had a hard time finding something really awesome in Bulgaria, I searched the net but just couldnt find anything... it was my bfs wish to go to Varna. We were thinking about going to Nessebar, but I got my wallet stolen (my last cash and bank card gone) and he had a credit card problem so we couldnt go.

bimo
11-06-2012, 01:37 PM
that's a person go to holiday in a nation and has bad experience can happen in every country , i know a lot of people who was in holiday in bulgaria and they have only good words for bulgaria ;)

morski
11-06-2012, 01:38 PM
[B]To be honest I had a hard time finding something really awesome in Bulgaria[/B

Staying in a city and transiting through another doesn't seem like quite an effort. Lacking money doesn't help either. Better luck next time, if there is next time of course.:D

Rouxinol
11-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Quite an experience! If I wanted a beach vacation the last place on earth I would think of would be Bulgaria or around the horrible Black Sea... I would just fly across the Atlantic ocean to Florida or the Caribbean, or some island lost in the Pacific or Indian oceans. If I didn't want to get out of Europe, I would pick up the Mediterranean sea or the southwestern/southern Atlantic coast of Europe.

Archduke
11-06-2012, 01:41 PM
In Varna we walked from the train station to the centre and stayed there for the rest of the time (about 1 week) mostly just going to the beach or something. To be honest I had a hard time finding something really awesome in Bulgaria, I searched the net but just couldnt find anything... it was my bfs wish to go to Varna. We were thinking about going to Nessebar, but I got my wallet stolen (my last cash and bank card gone) and he had a credit card problem so we couldnt go.

Obviously, you haven't seen anything from Bulgaria (and especially from Varna). I think that my latest posts in the thread "Pictures of Bulgaria" are from Varna region. I've posted pics from all over Bulgaria.

Your visit in Bulgaria was bad obviously, but saying there wasn't anything to see is just very exaggerated, altought the south coast is better than the north one.

Talvi
11-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Staying in a city and transiting through another doesn't seem like quite an effort. Lacking money doesn't help either. Better luck next time, if there is next time of course.:D

I did try to find a place to go before going there, since I planned the whole trip in Romania and found many places I really wanted to go to, but chose only 4. (I made a month long travel in Romania - Bulgaria - Turkey, i didnt have time and money to go absolutely everywhere) I also briefly asked some advice from a Bulgarian member here but I didnt really find anything, only some caves somewhere far I couldnt go.

Archduke
11-06-2012, 01:43 PM
If I wanted a beach vacation the last place on earth I would think of would be Bulgaria or around the horrible Black Sea...

:rolleyes:

Archduke
11-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Pictures from Varna region (Kaliakra)

More pics from Kaliakra

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53511896.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53511914.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53511938.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53513088.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53513093.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53513111.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53513142.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53513259.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53513267.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53516168.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53880568.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53880575.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53880593.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53880995.jpg

Archduke
11-06-2012, 01:48 PM
One of the best beaches in the world - Bolata beach

Bolata beach

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/1920x1280/7290386.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53970789.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53969475.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53969364.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53969348.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53969342.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53969241.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/53968704.jpg

bimo
11-06-2012, 01:51 PM
If I wanted a beach vacation the last place on earth I would think of would be Bulgaria or around the horrible Black Sea

sure , you don't know nothing for black sea

http://www.senimat.com/images/ropotamao/ropotamo.jpg

yes horrible sea :rolleyes:

Talvi
11-06-2012, 01:52 PM
These places are not bad in itself but they arent super special especially comparing to places like these: (especially if you are going to several countries and must choose wisely)

http://www.travelpod.com/forums/uploads/post-121477-1243955515.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/136146881_40243d7767.jpg

Archduke
11-06-2012, 01:53 PM
My home city

Nessebar, Bulgaria

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_v7Pf1KkLwhE/TEX_idllOHI/AAAAAAAAARQ/EpXpgTONrYM/s1600/nessebar.jpg

http://www.evgenidinev.com/img/nessebar-4784d2.jpg

http://stock.evgenidinev.com/photo/nessebar-4819d2.jpg

http://stock.evgenidinev.com/photo/nessebar-4785d2.jpg

http://stock.evgenidinev.com/photo/nessebar-4817d2.jpg

http://stock.evgenidinev.com/photo/IMG_17098.jpg

http://stock.evgenidinev.com/photo/IMG_17040.jpg

http://stock.evgenidinev.com/photo/IMG_17037.jpg

http://stock.evgenidinev.com/photo/IMG_17031.jpg

alb0zfinest
11-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I feel like its like this: Romania - loads of dogs (there was a pack of dogs who ran around us at night when we were looking for the hostel, but they were friendly and went to hang out in the park later). Bulgaria - loads of dogs and cats, Turkey loads of cats. In Estonia its rare to see stray animals, especially dogs- cats- sometimes but they never come up to you and beg for food.

I spend only 1 night in Rousse and didnt actually see much. We went to eat out and the service was horrible, the waiter refused to respond to any kind of English. Then In the train station there was a creepy gypsy who kept staring at me and smiling.

People who could barely make a living for themselves, don't care about taking a pet in. Its just more expensive to them, and more of a hassle since they have to clean up after it. In most western countries, the people are financially viable, so they can take dogs in. Thats why in most western countries you see barely any stray dogs.

Archduke
11-06-2012, 01:55 PM
These places are not bad in itself but they arent super special especially comparing to places like these: (especially if you are going to several countries and must choose wisely)

http://www.travelpod.com/forums/uploads/post-121477-1243955515.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/136146881_40243d7767.jpg

These pictures are highly photoshoped.

bimo
11-06-2012, 01:56 PM
from rusalka , not far from varna

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/39207211.jpg

Cannabis Sativa
11-06-2012, 01:58 PM

Not highly photoshopped, that's Butterfly Valley. Not highly radioactive polluted Western Black Sea Coast.

Talvi
11-06-2012, 02:03 PM

Do you feel better now:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/4623688141_4c45105be0.jpg

http://turkishtravelblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Butterfly-Valley.jpg

http://sun-surfer.com/photos/2012/03/Butterfly-Valley-Fethiye-Turkey.jpg

Archduke
11-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Not highly photoshopped, that's Butterfly Valley. Not highly radioactive polluted Western Black Sea Coast.

Bulgarian beaches are one of the cleanest in Europe. Our beaches have better quality than some Spanish beaches for example.

Look picture of this Butterfly Valley without photoshop.

http://www.mybluecruise.com/uploads/5/9/2/8/592807/2994841_orig.jpg

Nothing more special than the Bulgarian beaches above.

Rouxinol
11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
sure , you don't know nothing for black sea

http://www.senimat.com/images/ropotamao/ropotamo.jpg

yes horrible sea :rolleyes:

Idk, the water looks brackish. Maybe I have this idea beause it's an almost enclosed body of water... And the countries surrounding it are not particularly attractive to me so I am afraid of what can be disposed on that water. Just my personal opinion of course. ;)

morski
11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
My home city

Stop spamming Guapo's thread.:nono:

Onur
11-06-2012, 02:06 PM
What? There are people who demands to eat your leftovers in Romania and Latvia? These are very poor countries but i am surprised to hear that poverty is that widespread.

Nearly all the formerly USSR countries are in similar situation except 2-3 lucky ones. But Talvi is talking about mentality here not the economical situation.

I have never been there but i am quite sure Estonia is much better than Bulgaria in this term. Bulgarians are generally criminal people. They even come to Turkey to steal people`s money from ATM machines here. They dare to come Turkey to setup modifications to the ATM machines. These are ethnic Bulgarians, not Turks or Gypsies. Also, i constantly read about Bulgarian women gets caught in Istanbul while trying to steal golden accessories in grand bazaar.

I got confused but fixed it but you quoted me too fast. We took a train to Giurgiu and walked to Ruse (6 hours in 30c over the Donau :( nobody wanted to give us a ride) thats why it felt the same.
I think you were lucky that no one picked you up for a hitchhike otherwise you probably would end up in redlight district in Amsterdam as Morski said, or you and your boyfriend would have only one kidney atm.

If I wanted a beach vacation the last place on earth I would think of would be Bulgaria or around the horrible Black Sea...
You are right. Turkey have the longest coastline to Blacksea, close to 2000km and we don't even have tourism plans for that area, never had at all. Blacksea is a closed sea with extreme sea salt levels, unstable coastline depth and poor water quality. But it`s normal for Bulgaria to have sea resorts in there because it`s the only place they have over there but Turkey also have 1000s of km long mediterranean and Aegean coasts.

bimo
talvi is also factor of tastes , the image posted from you are nice , but not the max for my taste , i find better black sea coast than that

Loki
Armani, I'm afraid it looks nothing special. Beeches in Greece are far more stunning.

morski
11-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Idk, the water looks brackish. Maybe I have this idea beause it's an almost enclosed body of water... And the countries surrounding it are not particularly attractive to me so I am afraid of what can be disposed on that water. Just my personal opinion of course. ;)

Everyone holidaying at the Black Sea coast should be ready for a day or two entirely spent in the toilet.:D:laugh: True story.

Talvi
11-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Bulgarian beaches are one of the cleanest in Europe. Our beaches have better quality than some Spanish beaches for example.

http://www.mybluecruise.com/uploads/5/9/2/8/592807/2994841_orig.jpg

Because the picture is taken from the wrong angle! Its not the colour of the water that makes the place amazing but its surroundings, and also the view from the top!!

Also, photoshop this or that, most cameras dont take the pictures how they actually look like. The colours are almost always less vibrant than in real life, especially taken with a random camera that still puts a date right on the picture.

bimo
11-06-2012, 02:09 PM

lol , i search on net for radioactive coast in bulgaria , but beloging one beach in particular (i don't remember wich), for the rest of the coast it write that bulgarian black sea coast is clean

Archduke
11-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Armani, I'm afraid it looks nothing special. Beeches in Greece are far more stunning.

Is somebody speaking about Greek beaches here? I personally agree that Greek beaches look way better, but that's not the case now.

morski
11-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Blacksea is a closed sea with extreme sea salt levels

We are again in creative writing class I see.:D

The surface water has an average salinity of 18 to 18.5 parts per thousand or g/L (compared to 30 to 40 for the oceans)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea#Hydrology_and_hydrochemistry

Archduke
11-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Turkey also have 1000s of km long mediterranean and Aegean coasts.

And these regions should be part of Greece now. And you call Bulgarian people thieves...

Drawing-slim
11-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Get lost, if this was about Serbia you'd be praising it. Fucking albo hypocrites.Thats not true. I never been to bulgaria but people western tourists tell me is beautifull by the black sea.
That and istambul i heard only good things from professional tourists so to speak. People who have traveled the world for 40 years and choose to go back every year to these two places.

Cannabis Sativa
11-06-2012, 02:18 PM
I think you were lucky that no one picked you up for a hitchhike otherwise you probably would end up in redlight district in Amsterdam as Morski said, or you and your boyfriend would have only one kidney atm.

Leave the organ theft issue to Kosovo Albanians. Every profession has an expert as i stated.

Onur
11-06-2012, 02:19 PM

Armani, i know Turkish riviera and i have been to Varna too. You are being so silly by trying to compare our beaches in Mediterranean sea with Bulgaria`s sole location in Blacksea coast. Turkish beaches attracts more than 33 million foreign tourists every year and this is not without a reason.

People who could barely make a living for themselves, don't care about taking a pet in. Its just more expensive to them, and more of a hassle since they have to clean up after it. In most western countries, the people are financially viable, so they can take dogs in. Thats why in most western countries you see barely any stray dogs.
This is just one side of the coin. There is another side, an ugly one.

You cannot find stray animals in western Europe because they gather these animals, lock them up in animal centers and if no one adopts them as pets or if they are not suitable for being a pet animal, then they get killed by vets using injection.

There are cats and dogs in the streets of Turkey and i would never like them to get killed like they do in western countries. Cats does no harm already and dogs are always getting looked up, vaccinated, sterilized with a mark on their ears in my city. I would like it to be this way, not the western way.

mysticism
11-06-2012, 02:19 PM

you're pathetic bro :rolleyes:

bimo
11-06-2012, 02:22 PM

well , greece for sure have stunning sea , no one here said that bulgarian black sea coast is the better in europe , but is not even the worst

sure bulgarian black sea coast is better than the north-west adriatic coast near to my city in italy where is all flat look all the coast for more or less 300 km like that :

http://image.nanopress.it/images/339X223/4e29b37c.jpg

and the water is worst then the water in bulgarian black sea coast

Archduke
11-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Armani, i know Turkish riviera and i have been to Varna too. You are being so silly by trying to compare our beaches in Mediterranean sea with Bulgaria`s sole location in Blacksea coast. Turkish beaches draws more than 33 million foreign tourists every year and this is not without a reason

Are you a schizophrenic? Where did i compared Turkish Med beaches with the beaches in Bulgaria?

Talvi
11-06-2012, 02:25 PM
What? There are people who demands to eat your leftovers in Romania and Latvia? These are very poor countries but i am surprised to hear that poverty is that widespread.

Well in defence of Latvia the person who came to ask for our food was a young boy, probably someone who had run away from home and was now asking for food.

However Ive had some homless people come to me in Estonia and ask for money to buy some food (and it was quite a cold winter) (and then I saw them buy some food to eat). But coming up to someone in an eating place would never happen.

talvi is also factor of tastes , the image posted from you are nice , but not the max for my taste , i find better black sea coast than that

Yes I guess a lot depends on tastes. For me I want to see something totally different from what I could see in Estonia.
2 types of beaches (rocky and not so rocky) :
http://static2.visitestonia.com/images/332032/-1_-1_false_false_cad0def3fdd5d5eb018b82e7c54dc9a4.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3183/2699427648_9aecc2a1c5.jpg

So what Id like to see is the opposite of that.

Äike
11-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I think this type of thing applies to most of the Balkans and not exclusively to Bulgaria. The people had a bad time, although you can't judge a country on the opinion of a few people alone.

Not only the Balkans but entire Eastern-Europe. That's the reason why I avoid traveling to Eastern-Europe.

Talvi
11-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Are you a schizophrenic? Where did i compared Turkish Med beaches with the beaches in Bulgaria?

The pics I posted that you claimed were so highly photoshopped were taken in Turkey.

Onur
11-06-2012, 02:29 PM
lol , i search on net for radioactive coast in bulgaria , but beloging one beach in particular (i don't remember wich), for the rest of the coast it write that bulgarian black sea coast is clean
Yes, unfortunately Moscow fcked up Blacksea during communist era by planting several nuclear facilities in Bulgaria, Ukraine, Crimea as well as in Russian coasts. They also carved up the place by searching for oil&gas and they spoiled the water with several seaports they built to transfer industrial waste.

Scroll up, you just said to Talvi that the butterfly valley is nothing special comparing with Varna. Didn't you know that Talvi`s pictures are from Turkey?

Talvi
11-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Not only the Balkans but entire Eastern-Europe. That's the reason why I avoid traveling to Eastern-Europe.

I also used to think like that! But now I have to disagree!
For example I really want to go to Kotor in Montenegro!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aZZ3Ni-nYbE/TfYQJvBqPdI/AAAAAAAAAgY/CewjGUFl8As/s1600/Kotor_Bay+11.jpg

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/26/2659/BLBUD00Z/posters/bibikow-walter-gospa-od-zdravlja-church-kotor-kotor-bay-montenegro.jpg

Archduke
11-06-2012, 02:35 PM
The pics I posted that you claimed were so highly photoshopped were taken in Turkey.

I know. But the Butterfly Valley is not the whole Med Turkish coast. There are much more prettier places in Turkey than this.

Butterfly Valley is example for Med beach which isn't comparable to most Bulgarian beaches

bimo
11-06-2012, 02:36 PM
mostly of the people like bulgarian black sea coast for many reasons , is a type of coast quite various , from long and fralt beach to small and montainous beach
flom places full of disco noise and young people to quite places more for family or places rich of history
and the water is quite clean , of course not some transparent like some places in the heart of mediterranean , but talking in general a clean and crystalline water
and mostly said that they are surprise because in bulgarian eating is very well and bullgarian people are very warm and hospitable , of course not all think that but the majority from my experience

bimo
11-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes, unfortunately Moscow fcked up Blacksea during communist era by planting several nuclear facilities in Bulgaria, Ukraine, Crimea as well as in Russian coasts. They also carved up the place by searching for oil&gas and they spoiled the water with several seaports they built to transfer industrial waste.

if we follow you logic , probably today all world sea is like that since all the sea today are partly polluted, my point is that bulgarian black sea coast is not more radioactive or polluted than mostly other coasts

Archduke
11-06-2012, 02:41 PM

lol

Again you talk about things you know a shit. :D

Scroll up, you just said to Talvi that the butterfly valley is nothing special comparing with Varna. Didn't you know that Talvi`s pictures are from Turkey?

to compare our beaches in Mediterranean sea with Bulgaria`s sole location in Blacksea coast

You said this. The Butterfly Valley isn't the whole Med Turkish coast. Apparently, that's not the best beach in Turkey and it can't be comapred to the Bulgarian beaches.

Talvi
11-06-2012, 02:45 PM
I know. But the Butterfly Valley is not the whole Med Turkish coast. There are much more prettier places in Turkey than this.

Butterfly Valley is example for Med beach which isn't comparable to most Bulgarian beaches

I preferred this place in Turkey to the beach in Varna:

http://www.gurmerehberi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Mambo-Beach-Club-Yeni-Foca2.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h106/capnolagina/Untitled-70.jpg?t=1343418365

Archduke
11-06-2012, 02:47 PM

http://www.gurmerehberi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Mambo-Beach-Club-Yeni-Foca2.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h106/capnolagina/Untitled-70.jpg?t=1343418365

ok

bimo
11-06-2012, 02:51 PM

to be honest to me that's not very different from many bulgarian beach's

in my opinion in turkey this is much better:

http://img.plug.it/sg/viaggi2008/upload/tur/turchia-280.jpg
http://cdn.goolliver.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/turchia.jpg
http://www.giudanviaggi.it/public/_archivio_img//web/ANTALIA1.jpg

kwp_wp
11-06-2012, 02:53 PM
do you believe the whole story? I don't. it's impossible to have such a bad luck

Hayalet
11-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Not that I care about Bulgaria's reputation, but it's too easy to make up such travel stories for whatever reason. Wouldn't pay much attention unless they come from a non-anonymous source.

morski
11-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Love my sea.:)

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG8023.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG8021.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG8015.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG7962.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG7963.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG8138.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG7379.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG8125.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG8093.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG8089.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG8087.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG8086.jpg
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w500/trimutri/CIMG8140.jpg

hCPtP3C1Gn0
jPTqlGcD3Lw

Trun
11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Unless filling this thread with stupidity, we should post some tourists who were happy with their stay in Bulgaria.

Loki
11-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Unless filling this thread with stupidity, we should post some tourists who were happy with their stay in Bulgaria.

How easy is it for a tourist to pick up a Bulgarian girl there? This is the most important consideration.

Trun
11-06-2012, 03:11 PM
How easy is it for a tourist to pick up a Bulgarian girl there? This is the most important consideration.

Here is the answer I suppose:

http://www.vagabond.bg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=743

I don't usually reveal important information on what Bulgarian girls like, how they act, etc, but since most of you said you aren't going here on a vacation, I decided to post something useful :P

morski
11-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Here is the answer I suppose:

http://www.vagabond.bg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=743

I don't usually reveal important information on what Bulgarian girls like, how they act, etc, but since most of you said you aren't going here on a vacation, I decided to post something useful :P

Tourists are a nuisance.:coffee:

bimo
11-06-2012, 03:20 PM
opinion for bulgaria from an italian woman , on italian site for people opinion about everything

well i use google translate so may is not perfect write , but I think you'll understand:

"I have been in Bulgaria for the first time in 2000. It was June and it was very hot. A boy and a girl originating in Sofia and I had known in Italy, they took me around to visit Sofia wrapped in a warm wind but not wet. Churches, streets, palaces, museums, shops .... a drink at the bar and even parks, theater, until evening. Over the years we have returned many times, seven, eight, I forget. In spring, summer, winter, Easter and also for my birthday. Bulgaria did not like: I love it! You can not do a comparison of this beautiful country with Italy for either similarities or differences for (this according to my opinion), but if you like Eastern European countries, nature and good food .... is a country to visit!
I visited several cities in Bulgaria, as well as Sofia is a big city. In Sofia you can visit monuments and churches, some parks and shops that are almost the same as that found in the world. But Sofia is not the image of Bulgaria. Not the real one, because Bulgaria is yogurt, wine, plateaus, mountains, nature, monasteries, rose oil and much more. And Sofia found this very hidden. I state that I know some people in Sofia, in particular, a close friend with whom they are still in contact and so I had a lot of "straight" hotels where to stay, places to visit, restaurants to eat. And I was very useful, because there are not enough tourists in Sofia, and business people then there are several places "tourists" that I recommend you avoid. I like a lot more places to go, Bulgarians, they are more real and characteristic. Some cities I visited: Stara Zagora, Blagoevgrad, Bourgas, Nessebar, Kazanlak, Bansko, Plovdiv, Veliko Tarnovo, Sozopol, Sunny Beach, Arbanassi, Koprivshtitza, Etar, and someone else.
I can not tell what I like the most because there are many things that I love about this country. I think people first. I have always had kind and generous. I happened to forget the bag with wallet, money and documents in a restaurant and the waiter chased me for it back. By train from Stara Zagora in Sofia I met a nice boy who told me, in English, of all the cities that he thought I had during my short visit in Bulgaria because permaneza considered very interesting and also contacted a friend on a cell phone to give me a information that he did not remember. Another kind gentleman to whom I had asked what was the bus to Stara Zagora among all those in the square, accompanied me in person to the bus and then I had to take the side of the bus, with a finger drew the number of event which would leave! And then I remember another man who was selling CDs and books near the church Sveta Nedelja in Sofia. I had stopped to look at the cd and he pulled a few drops of water in his face and then with a wet hand caressed my head. I was amazed but he explained that it was the holy water that had just taken to the church and who used to wet the goods, a good sign to sell more.
When I go to Sofia never forget to pay a visit to the supermarket that I can not remember what it's called, I think Halite. It 'a building inside which there are many "stalls" and each one sells a product typical Bulgarian. You can find the delicious Bulgarian cheese, sirens, resembling feta cheese, yogurt and even prepared foods, and ciubriza, a spice that resembles the savory, very good. I bought it every time I went to Sofia to prepare the moussaka. It 'also nice to see the real Bulgaria shopping in the supermarket, I think it's an honor to attend the daily gestures that make people of another country. I also like to sit in the gardens of the park where there is the National Palace of Culture and observe the grandparents playing with their grandchildren..................................... .................................................. .................... (the end of the story) Not enough wonderful things to tell all the things I saw and why I love Bulgaria but I think I gave you a small idea of this great country!
from January 2007, Bulgaria ... part of the EU so you can recarvici with only Identity Card. Claudia"

if you want to read all this story go here and use the translate ;) :

http://viaggi.ciao.it/Bulgaria_in_generale__Opinione_947867#top

morski
11-06-2012, 03:23 PM
opinion for bulgaria from an italian woman , on italian site for people opinion about everything

Don't encourage them to come here, please.:)

Trun
11-06-2012, 03:24 PM

It is written by a Bulgarian. They just used the name of a tourist in order to advertise.

bimo
11-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Don't encourage them to come here, please.:)

them who? guapo? :D

morski
11-06-2012, 03:25 PM
do you believe the whole story? I don't. it's impossible to have such a bad luck

Guapo is a top-notch fiction writer.;)

alb0zfinest
11-06-2012, 03:29 PM

what about all the money you make off of them?

Rouxinol
11-06-2012, 03:29 PM

I believe that it could've happened. It usually happens when people do not prepare their trip well. Such as booking in dubious hotels without reading previous - and preferably a lot of - reviews and confirming the booking prior to leave or use uncredited websites to make their bookings. Some tourists also have this sort of bad habit of blaming the countries they visit when they happen to get robbed (I read it a lot on tripadvisor and other traveling websites) - unfortunately, anywhere in the world a robbery may happen so as to prevent it one must follow a certain set of common sense rules such as not flaunting wallets, leave bags open and unattended, do not engage in conversations with strangers who might approach for no apparent reason, etc. Some people just do not know how to take care of themselves when they go abroad. When it goes wrong all they know to do is to complain about the country they were in.

morski
11-06-2012, 03:32 PM
what about all the money you make off of them?

I personally do not make any money off them. They just occupy space on the streets of my city, my beach, which I may require for other purposes, and pollute my sea.:bored:

alb0zfinest
11-06-2012, 03:34 PM
I personally do not make any money off them. They just occupy space on the streets of my city, my beach and pollute my sea.:bored:

No but the success of businesses the more people are employed the higher the economy and the better quality of life = For a better life for you in Bulgaria.

morski
11-06-2012, 03:36 PM
I believe that it could've happened. It usually happens when people do not prepare their trip well. Such as booking in dubious hotels without reading previous - and preferably a lot of - reviews and confirming the booking prior to leave or use uncredited websites to make their bookings. Some tourists also have this sort of bad habit of blaming the countries they visit when they happen to get robbed (I read it a lot on tripadvisor and other traveling websites) - unfortunately, anywhere in the world a robbery may happen so as to prevent it one must follow a certain set of common sense rules such as not flaunting wallets, leave bags open and unattended, do not engage in conversations with strangers who might approach for no apparent reason, etc. Some people just do not know how to take care of themselves when they go abroad. When it goes wrong all they know to do is to complain about the country they were in.

I don't want to sound apologetic(Bulgaria is certainly not a very well run country), but some of the misfortunes described in the OP are to some extent the result of a rather moronic behaviour.

morski
11-06-2012, 03:41 PM
No but the success of businesses the more people are employed the higher the economy and the better quality of life = For a better life for you in Bulgaria.

Not really. Just more beaches ruined by concrete misconceptions built in order to launder money, more millionaire crooks and more fat pennyless Western working class prols on all-inclusive shiting and pissing in my sea.

Γέλως
11-06-2012, 03:47 PM
I personally do not make any money off them. They just occupy space on the streets of my city, my beach, which I may require for other purposes, and pollute my sea.:bored:
So you don't like tourists in your country but you like to travel to other countries as a tourist?

morski
11-06-2012, 03:49 PM
So you don't like tourists in your country but you like to travel to other countries as a tourist?

I like to travel to other countries period.:)

There's a slight misunderstanding here. By tourists I mean a particular type of visitors.

Γέλως
11-06-2012, 03:50 PM

There's a slight misunderstanding here. By tourists I mean a particular type of visitors.
Like Italians?

bimo
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM

agree with you at 100% , especially sex tourist with their stupid stereotypes , that in the end they can get only a gipsy prostitute :D

morski
11-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Like Italians?

I do not discriminate them on a national or ethnic basis, but on character. Just check out alcohol tourism, sex tourism, etc. There are countless beautiful spots I remember from my childhood totally ruined in order to accommodate the most unpleasant types of tourists.

Of course that's entirely the fault of our own newly created capitalists with BCP and State Security Committee background. The strategy of this country for tourism development is completely wrong.:mad:

Albos should watch us closely and take notes. You have great potential to become a decent tourist destination. Don't make the same mistakes.

Trun
11-06-2012, 04:03 PM

What about Polish and Ukrainian female toursists? :D

morski
11-06-2012, 04:04 PM
What about Polish and Ukrainian female toursists? :D

Not interested.:)

Nurzat
11-06-2012, 04:08 PM
well westerners should stop visiting shitholes like romania, bulgaria or turkey until the locals learn to behave. romania and bulgaria are also not very suitable for the european union

morski
11-06-2012, 04:11 PM
well westerners should stop visiting shitholes like romania, bulgaria or turkey until the locals learn to behave. romania and bulgaria are also not very suitable for the european union

Turks are good hosts, though. I've mostly heard positive feedback on their tourism industry.

Trun
11-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Turks are good hosts, though.

Sometimes they overact. Everyone who have come close to a Turkish shop should know what I mean :D

morski
11-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Sometimes they overact. Everyone who have come close to a Turkish shop should know what I mean :D

Well, boasting about how exquisite your merchandise is and haggling for the price is part of the Oriental culture. People like it actually.:)

Nurzat
11-06-2012, 04:56 PM
/violent details removed/

morski
11-06-2012, 04:59 PM
violent details:D

:laugh:

bimo
11-06-2012, 05:01 PM
however, average easterner is more violent than average westerner. me and two friends .................... of some spanish (from murcia) and italian (from cosenza) erasmus students here after we called eastern girls whores and they approved; they had no right to approve and comment the subject

i am myself half italian , but i don't think that about romanian girls , that's were just stupid guys , italians on the other side have the same problem with north african guys , world is full of stupid people in every nation

i would have beaten the boys too :D

Nurzat
11-06-2012, 05:06 PM
i am myself half italian , but i don't think that about romanian girls , that's were just stupid guys , italians on the other side have the same problem with north african guys , world is full of stupid people in every nation

i would have beaten the boys too :D

it's anyone's right to think anything so they had the right to speak out. unfortunately they met some rough peasants. i had nice experiences with italians always because i speak their language. i am also a roman empire enthusiast, so :)

Bugarash 1893
11-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Those brits got whats coming to them.

I mean they want a cheap holiday and they want everything to be A okey?:D

Anyway,I found some months ago an article about how great some spent their vacation in Bulgaria,taking into account that the poster of this thread is a poor antibulgarian soul I didint expect anything else than this niddle in the haystack.

Bugarash 1893
11-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Man I really wanted to go to Bulgaria this summer, looks like Turkey instead!

Nooooo,another paprika tourist lost.

Bugarash 1893
11-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Bulgaria has better beaches than Croatia.

I have been traveling by car almost along the entire croatian coast and I didint see any sandy beaches.

I olso remember that in Dubrovnik the only beach there was going down with a 300 m long stepway,you had to pay for entrence and the beach was like 40 m long with giant rocks taking about half of the space.

Bulgaria has a rather short coastline compared to Greece,Turkey and Croatia,only 400 km.
But I wouldnt say its bad or anything.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/32881241.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/12426998.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/11891189.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/979/46947234289703188791135.jpg

Bugarash 1893
11-07-2012, 01:09 PM
http://img.photo-forum.net/site_pics/156/2_1217151296.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/63028879.jpg

https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/1920x1280/57057011.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/11259939.jpg

Loki
11-07-2012, 02:01 PM
It looks very nice .. but how about the people? Are they really that unfriendly to tourists?

Bugarash 1893
11-07-2012, 02:33 PM
How can you take an conlusion out of one case?
I mean bad situations happen but thats to a small minority of people.
And a person should olso chose the spot for vacation.
There are some places that are more for quanity than quality,Sunny Beach is one of them.

Another example of a isolated case that will produce anticommercial

UK tourist alleges racism in Bulgaria

http://www.sofiaecho.com/shimg/zx500y290_641041.jpg

A British tourist who holidayed in Varna says that she was the target of racist behaviour.

Aisha J.Bingham's story appeared in the UK's Colourful Radio's morning show. Bingham, aged 25, who works in London as a local government officer, arrived in Varna on August 13 with her 20-year-old sister Fayola and rented a villa near the city. They were later joined by Bingham's 14-year-old brother, Omar. This was their first visit to Bulgaria, made at the recommendation of a Bulgarian friend.

On the day following their arrival, Aisham said, people were leaning out of their cars and barking like dogs at them.

"We were getting the looks, the stares and the scornful glances," Aisham told Colourful Radio.

"We hadn't seen any black people at all, so we thought maybe it's just that they haven't encountered black people and were unsure of how to treat us or curious about what we look like." On August 18 things got worse, Aisham said.

The Binghams were having lunch at a seaside restaurant when a man in his late 20s approached them and started insulting them, shouting at them in fluent English: "what the f... are you doing here? You don't belong in Europe. Get the f... out of my country. I f...... hate you. You're a f...... nigger."

What surprised Aisham even more was that "nobody in the restaurant got up to help me. Nobody in the restaurant said anything to the man. I was so shocked and embarrassed". She asked people in the restaurant for help but no one responded, she says. After some time, a waitress came up to her and told her "not to worry, it's the tradition, that's what the people do".

Immediately after the incident, Aisham and her family went straight to the villa and tried to contact the police but found no one who spoke English. They then called the British embassy in Sofia but were told, they say, that there was nothing that the embassy could do apart from call a lawyer or interpreter to assist with communication. Aisha told Colourful Radio that she had not left the villa since the August 18 incident, and only made occasional trips to the supermarket to buy food during daylight hours because she was too afraid to leave the villa. Her flight back to the UK was scheduled for August 31 and because she could not afford an earlier flight, she had to wait till then.

How are you feeling after the incidents?

Although I have gotten over the initial shock of what occurred on August 18, I am still extremely angry and hurt that in the year 2006, black people are still being treated as outcasts.

I am still in Varna and although I went out yesterday after more than five days indoors, I still feel very apprehensive and unwelcome.

Can you say that there is a generally hostile attitude among Bulgarians towards black people?

I sincerely believe that many Bulgarians are racists, this is not just because of the two incidents that have occurred. I also cannot ignore the scornful stares and giggles we receive each time we step out the door. Nor can I ignore the statement made by a Bulgarian waitress who was in the restaurant when the man assaulted me that "it is tradition"; that little statement summed it up for me, she would not have made that statement without some knowledge of the fact that this seems to be the general consensus of Bulgarians.
Gareth Roberts, a spokesperson at the British embassy in Bulgaria, answering a question from Black Britain - a subsidiary of Colourful Radio - said "racism is not something we have come across in Bulgaria" and "from our side of things, this is the first consular case related to racial abuse that we have been made aware of. We haven't been involved in any similar cases involving black British nationals".

Could you assume that your experience is an isolated case?

I would assume no such thing. Perhaps I am the only person who has brought it to their attention but then you must ask yourself what percentage of black people actually visit your country each year, if any, and then find out from them how they felt? It is unfair to say that this is an isolated incident since this is not just one incident but three, plus the unwelcome stares. Let me emphasise that I felt forced to bring this to light because of the amount of separate incidents that have taken place.

Do you think to take any other actions, besides the media coverage, once you go back to UK?

Absolutely! Media coverage is the best form of exposure but not just with Colourful Radio, I am certainly going to get bigger media outlets aware of what I have been through if possible. The more I expose countries such as this of the racial hatred that exists, the quicker people are more inclined to do something about it.

Would you recommend to other people to avoid Bulgaria because of such incidents?

Definitely, consider it done! I would not recommend anybody, black or white, to come to this country, and the word is already out! I see no need for anyone of an ethnic background to stay and associate with people who outwardly hate another human being.

morski
11-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Filthy racists!:mad:

bimo
11-08-2012, 01:31 AM
there are some blacks who study in bulgaria , and i don't noted racism towards them , but sure there are some racist in bulgaria like in every nation

Äike
11-08-2012, 05:20 PM

Typical Eastern-European attitude.

morski
11-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Typical Eastern-European attitude.

Bulgaria is South-Eastern European. If we are Eastern Europe you are Baltic, you see.:D

Typical Northern-European attitude...

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44352

purple
11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
I, as a fellow Bulgarian, agree to some degree. The Black Sea resorts are usually famous amongst drunkheads and peasants from Germany and the UK.

If you want good service you should go to Bali or Bora-Bora.

It amazes me how most tourists come to Bulgaria with high expectations and then return home disappointed. For this low prices you get what it is supposted to be gotten, so stop complaining:rolleyes:

Native Bulgarians never go to all-inclusive. It's for deluded tourists. And unfortunately we killed our tourism with such tourists.

dralos
11-08-2012, 08:44 PM
i've been in burgas and its a very nice place and kind people
in all places of the world you have chance of being ripped of or that people can steal something from you