PDA

View Full Version : These people are allowed to walk among us ....

Creeping Death
07-17-2009, 11:26 PM
http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/To-All-Hunters.jpg

Christ.......

Vargtand
07-17-2009, 11:32 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!:P Dumbass

Tolleson
07-17-2009, 11:42 PM
"No aminals were harmed in the making of this advertisement" :)

Dumbass, for sure. :thumb001:

Frigga
07-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Oh dear Gods.............

How stupid can someone be? :confused:

Psychonaut
07-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Wow...just...wow.

Gooding
07-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Oh dear Gods.............

How stupid can someone be? :confused:

You'd be surprised..it might surprise the writer of that stupid article to know that the hunter's way of quickly killing his prey is far more humane to the animal being killed than the savage and inhuman methods of butchery that's used in meat processing plants.

Frigga
07-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Well, the liberal media's portrayal of hunters as just a bunch of drunken yahoos who don't care about the animals they hunt helps all that much either.

Plus, the machination of farming, and over processing and dehumunization of the whole food industry has caused people growing up to think that beef comes from shiny cellophane wrapped packages from the store, and McDonald's, and that soy milk is just as good if not better than real, raw milk.

Absinthe
07-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Are you sure this isn't irony? Cause nobody can be that stupid... :D

Tabiti
07-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Yeah, they kill them in harmless, painless and humane way - with electricity :D

Svarog
07-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Are you sure this isn't irony? Cause nobody can be that stupid... :D

You'd be surprised..

http://www.fotorola.com/uploads/1e7cb7703a.jpg

Freomæg
07-18-2009, 09:51 AM
You'd be surprised the number of children who genuinely don't realise that meat comes from dead animals. I've managed to upset several by teaching them this very fact for the first time.

Beorn
07-18-2009, 12:33 PM
You'd be surprised the number of children who genuinely don't realise that meat comes from dead animals. I've managed to upset several by teaching them this very fact for the first time.

It's parents trying to protect their children from the "trauma" of discovering what their burgers are made of.

My daughter always asks every meal what the product is made of. And I always tell her the truth. The result of this? A bemused face. No trauma, just a face of acceptance.

Freomæg
07-18-2009, 12:56 PM
It's parents trying to protect their children from the "trauma" of discovering what their burgers are made of.
Of course. But to me, this is one of the problems with the modern world. I'm not against eating meat, just the disconnect that we as a species now have with the whole process. I believe every child should experience the clean and humane slaughtering and preparation of meat from an early age. Pretending that bacon isn't a dead animal for the first 10 years of a person's life does a huge injustice to the animals that give their lives so that we (well, not me personally) can be sustained. And furthermore, it gives children a warped view of our relationship with animals.

Phlegethon
07-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Americans - a constant insult to centuries of enlightenment and thousands of years of codified knowledge.

Phlegethon
07-18-2009, 02:59 PM
My daughter always asks every meal what the product is made of. And I always tell her the truth. The result of this? A bemused face. No trauma, just a face of acceptance.

Are you sure? We are talking about English food here, right? Not even I can guarantee that the answers would not permanently traumatize me. ;)

Loki
07-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Are you sure? We are talking about English food here, right? Not even I can guarantee that the answers would not permanently traumatize me. ;)

Hey, I like English food. ;) Just going to have a nice roast beef now at the Carvery. :thumb001:

Æmeric
07-18-2009, 03:26 PM
As my parents were from the country, I always knew where meat came from. That's what farm animals were for. It's not the same as eating pets.

Americans - a constant insult to centuries of enlightenment and thousands of years of codified knowledge.

Go fuck yourself.:coffee: (http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/Aemeric/middle_finger.jpg)

Gooding
07-18-2009, 03:47 PM
As my parents were from the country, I always knew where meat came from. That's what farm animals were for. It's not the same as eating pets.
You hit the nail right on the head with that one right there, AEmeric.The PETA jerks who damn us for eating meat and "animal cruelty" seem to have it fixed firmly in their brains that livestock ought to be treated like the family cats rather than utility animals. Farmers who raise cattle for dairy and/or meat make their living from that industry and they put in far more work than the average time card punching yahoo such as myself who works in another industry.Sure, the slaughter methods used in meat processing plants should be modified so that the animals experience a minimum of pain when they're killed, but the point is, they're bred for meat. That's how they're utilized.Maybe in Vietnam cats and dogs are bred for the same purpose, but here in the West, cattle, sheep and pigs are meat staples unless you're a Jew, Hindu or Muslim who has to observe dietary laws.It's not like we're roasting Fifi the poodle or Lucifer the cat.

Skandi
07-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Lucifer the cat.

Self roasted kitty?

Freomæg
07-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Well, as many of you know, I follow a vegan diet. I promised myself that I'd only ever eat meat again if I killed my first meal. I strongly believe that only those who have what it takes to slaughter an animal have the right to eat one. Right now, because I'm not in a situation where it's absolutely necessary, I don't think I do have what it takes - not whilst there's another option anyway.

Phlegethon
07-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I strongly believe that only those who have what it takes to slaughter an animal have the right to eat one.

Thank God for that right then. My life would be completely dull without meat.

Groenewolf
07-18-2009, 06:53 PM

And I just thought those stories where urban-legends.:eek: