PDA

View Full Version : Classify Bosnian Serb

Guapo
07-18-2009, 04:54 AM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2232&d=1247892869

Treffie
07-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Interesting, if I didn't know he was a Bosnian Serb, I would have said Bruenn straight away.

Äike
07-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Alpine

Absinthe
07-19-2009, 04:43 PM
I see nothing alpine about him :icon_ask:

Steep forehead, fairly dolichocephalic, and the bif cheeks that give the rounder face impression are due to extra fat on the face.

To me, he looks like a Bruenn/Borreby intermediate.

Equinox
07-19-2009, 04:45 PM
It would be highly likely (nigh impossible) for a native Bosnian Serb to be Bruenn though, would it not?

Äike
07-19-2009, 04:54 PM
It would be highly likely (nigh impossible) for a native Bosnian Serb to be Bruenn though, would it not?

Exactly.

Absinthe
07-19-2009, 05:00 PM
That's bullshit. :) By the same token it would be impossible to find a nordic individual in Greece or in Romania, but we have seen evidence to the contrary quite a few times :) Shit just happens. :)

Äike
07-19-2009, 05:23 PM
That's bullshit. :) By the same token it would be impossible to find a nordic individual in Greece or in Romania, but we have seen evidence to the contrary quite a few times :) Shit just happens. :)

Finding a Nordic individual in Greece or Romania isn't that impossible, but finding an individual who is Borreby or Bruenn is impossible.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_2.jpg/800px-Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_2.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/98/Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_3.jpg/796px-Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_3.jpg

Absinthe
07-19-2009, 05:32 PM
I am not saying it is a common thing, I am saying it is not impossible.

I believe you can find some rare specimens of every European subrace in every European country. We've seen evidence to this numerous times, it's very rare but it happens :)

Bottom line is, if you hadn't been told he is a Bosniak Serb you would all be guessing Bruenn :)

lei.talk
07-20-2009, 02:05 AM
is there a serious contention
that phenotype is a reliable indicator of nationality?

which clan/tribe has been so isolated
and localised through history?

Osweo
07-20-2009, 02:21 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear any of the accents of the Irish Sea littoral coming out of this man's mouth.

Yugoslavs in my experience often look reminiscent of a certain sort of Irishman. See 'Father Ted' and Radovan Karadjic! I myself sport a hairstyle not dissimilar to the latter, in his more active days at least, so there might even be something to be said for commonalities in hair texture and waviness. ;)

It's all just a result of that (for want of a better term) 'CroMagnid'/'Upper Palaeoloithic' stratum in the European anthropological type-hoard, that likewise makes Finns often resemble Irishmen.

Bari
07-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Very bruenn looking individual.

Guapo
07-20-2009, 06:53 AM
It's all just a result of that (for want of a better term) 'CroMagnid'/'Upper Palaeoloithic' stratum in the European anthropological type-hoard

Exactly :thumbs up Cro-magnoids may be found anywhere in Europe, its the smallest continent afterall :D

Goidelic
07-20-2009, 07:10 AM
He looks very Bruenn/Borreby, could definitely pass for British Isles. This isn't really surprising. There is a British Isles Upper Paleolithic type element that comes out every so often in some areas in Europe, especially the South Slavic Bosnian Serb population seems to have this very light Nordish Upper Paleolithic British Isles type gradient it manifests there, such Bruennish/Borreby type admixture has spread into areas like Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Greece and Albania, hence you can find very very few Serbians, Romanians, Bulgarians, Greeks or Albanians who sometimes look like Irish Bruenns. There was a study once showing links to a few Irish to Poles, another one linked them to the Finns, surprisingly. This probably reflects old Upper Paleolithic stratum; ethnogenesis ancestors and conquest, we're all full of battle scar genes and whoever decided to join our bloodlines is a mystery if you go back far enough. :p;)

In a way, all European countries are distinct, yet all have some of the same traits that pop up every once in a while in their populations. When I was in Slovenia and Austria, I noticed both looked quite similar, yet Slovenians belonging to a South Slavic culture and Austrians to a Germanic one, although genetically I'm sure a few would be similar, considering they're both really Central Europeans.

Absinthe
07-20-2009, 09:34 AM
is there a serious contention
that phenotype is a reliable indicator of nationality?

which clan/tribe has been so isolated
and localised through history?
That was exactly my point.