PDA

View Full Version : Which country makes the best wine?

rashka
11-10-2012, 01:57 AM
I love Spanish wine. It has a nice earthy flavor.

mysticism
11-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Romanian wine is nice, I like Montenegrin red wine - Vranac.

But the title must go to the French.

Damião de Góis
11-10-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm not a wine drinker, but if i wouldn't switch Moscatel, Vinho Verde or Vinho do Porto for any foreign wine.

Atlantic Islander
11-10-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm not a wine drinker

Blasphemy :p

Mark
11-10-2012, 02:05 AM
California (u.s.) holds it's own these days.

Caismeachd
11-10-2012, 02:06 AM
USA Sonoma county. After that probably France. I've only had port wines from Spain or Portugal and that's not my style. Italy is good with sparkling/carbonated wine.

Comte Arnau
11-10-2012, 02:08 AM
Iberia makes the best wine. France comes second. Italy third.

Atlantic Islander
11-10-2012, 02:09 AM
California (u.s.) holds it's own these days.

Yes that's true, it's partially due to the Portuguese that settled in the valley.

Anglojew
11-10-2012, 02:20 AM
It depends on the grape variety. I'd say most reds are still best from France. It depends on your palate though as it's what you're used to eg New world people tend to prefer smoother less complexity and therefore their own wine over Old world wines and vice versa.

Savignon Blancs from New Zealand are amazing. You need that on the list.

Recently some Australian wines have won the best wine in the world awards;

AN Australian stable has again been named among the winners at a prestigious international wine-making competition.
During a ceremony in London on Tuesday night Neil McGuigan was named "world's best white wine maker" by judges of the International Wine Challenge, edging out two French labels for the trophy.

It is wonderful for the Australian wine industry to win this award," Mr McGuigan said.

"This award demonstrates that Australian wine remains world-class, and is a force to be reckoned (with)."

A collection of McGuigan chardonnay, riesling and semillon took out five gold medals during the competition, delivering the top white wine prize to the Australian producer.

McGuigan won the same award in 2009

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/world/aussie-named-world-best-white-wine-maker/story-e6frfkui-1226472376912#ixzz2BmnwP972

and;

The Ramunno family's Witchmount Estate is now recognised internationally for its shiraz, the 2004 vintage being named the top shiraz in the world in the Syrah du Monde wine competition held in France.

I think a case could be made that Australia and France are the two best wine producers today. Moldovan wine is surprisingly good sometimes and little known.

rashka
11-10-2012, 02:23 AM
It depends on the grape variety. I'd say most reds are still best from France.

I agree French is very good too.

Mark
11-10-2012, 02:51 AM
Quote > I think a case could be made that Australia and France are the two best wine producers today. Moldovan wine is surprisingly good sometimes and little known. >

I've been drinking this: http://www.yellowtailwine.com/sauvignon-blanc/
I'ts a nice, dry Aussie Wine.

Anglojew
11-10-2012, 04:20 AM
Yellowtail is a big export wine and not a bad drop but not so popular in Australia. It's a little like fosters beer, not bad but not popular here.

Try anything from Penfolds. Southern Italian whites are awesome from memory.

Kazimiera
11-15-2012, 03:06 AM
South Africa!!!

Mark
11-15-2012, 03:10 AM
South Africa!!!
you biased?

Kazimiera
11-15-2012, 03:12 AM
you biased?

Absolutely. I don't even drink wine! :D

Madonna
11-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Chilean wine !!!

ficuscarica
11-15-2012, 01:01 PM
The French. And I am glad that Baden in this regard is the extension of French vine culture into Germany, based on our climate and soils that are similar to central France our main wines are Pinots, especially Pinot Noir. Our wine is not internationally famous though, because there is a strong local demand, which makes it unnecessary to export.

Comte Arnau
04-28-2013, 09:59 PM
A nice map. Spain has the most vineyards in the world (2011). Here you can see the different areas, grape varieties and if they're red, white, sparkling or dessert wines.

http://www.paladarytomar.com/wp-content/gallery/vinos-de-espana/map-of-spain-wine-regions-big1.png

Arianiti
04-28-2013, 10:00 PM
French

Vasconcelos
04-28-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm glad most people don't know our wines, prices would sky rocket almost immediately.

kabeiros
04-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Kabeiros house blend, it's da best :thumb001:

Laubach
04-28-2013, 10:07 PM
French wine, of course!

Peyrol
04-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Yes that's true, it's partially due to the Portuguese that settled in the valley.

False. First wine pioneers in California were teo ligurian brothers, from Santa Margherita (Genova province), in 1850.

Anyway, i'll go with France + Ligurian wines.

Archduke
04-28-2013, 10:19 PM
The fertile land of Thrace produce the best grapes.

Ancient Thracians were famous for their wine.

Vasconcelos
04-28-2013, 10:23 PM
This is stupid, people are just voting for their own.

Fuck you.
Yes, ALL of you.

Fuck.

You.

Peyrol
04-28-2013, 10:25 PM

Fuck you.
Yes, ALL of you.

Fuck.

You.

Don't worry, it's the typical balkan way-of-doing that is infecting all the board :laugh:

Roy
04-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Polish one

http://www.praguepost.com/pictures/1-20120201-11944-8171-pic.jpg

Prepared in my region (Lower Silesia) from Miękinia. But I can't testify whether it is good.

Responding to a question: Chilean are the best, especially sweet/semi-sweet Cabernet Chauvignon from Chile

Comte Arnau
04-28-2013, 10:30 PM

Fuck you.
Yes, ALL of you.

Fuck.

You.

:D

Iberian wine is getting more and more known, but it's mostly connaisseurs who get the good one. The French know how to sell well, they put some beautiful presentation even to the mediocre ones and that's all.

I've seen Don Simon bricks sold in Scandinavia as Spanish wine, lol. Here teens use it to mix it with the Coke.

Dacul
04-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Where is Moldavia and Romania in your poll?
Moldavia wine is best,for my tastes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moldovan_wine

Damião de Góis
04-28-2013, 10:34 PM

This forum used to be an haven for nationalists from Europe. I don't know if that is still true, but a big percentage of members are still nationalists. That being said, this kind of questions or questions like "where do the most beautiful women come from" will always have the outcome you mentioned. I find it perfectly normal :p

Peyrol
04-28-2013, 10:35 PM
No offence to anyone but i sincerely think that outside your countries no-one know polish, bulgarian or moldo-romanian wines...:lol:

French wines instead have international prominence.

Vasconcelos
04-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Most people here seem unable to be unbiased. Why do I even bother checking these threads..

Comte Arnau
04-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Most people here seem unable to be unbiased. Why do I even bother checking these threads..

Well, I don't have any problems to recognize that champagne is better than cava. When it's a good champagne, that is.

Vasconcelos
04-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Well, I don't have any problems to recognize that champagne is better than cava. When it's a good champagne, that is.

Oh I'm not talking about you, this was mostly aimed at everyone on this forum, most polls seem to be worthless popularity contests.

Dacul
04-28-2013, 10:49 PM
No offence to anyone but i sincerely think that outside your countries no-one know polish, bulgarian or moldo-romanian wines...:lol:

French wines instead have international prominence.
What do I care about Italian and French wines,no one buys these in Romania.
Neither Spanish wine.
Moldavia sells most wine in Russia.
Romania sells most of the wine in Germany.

Graus
04-28-2013, 10:55 PM
I didnt bother to read past best but will answer Germany anyway. Chances are its correct.

Peyrol
04-28-2013, 10:56 PM
What do I care about Italian and French wines,no one buys these in Romania.
Neither Spanish wine.
Moldavia sells most wine in Russia.
Romania sells most of the wine in Germany.

That's totally irrilevant, since thousands of millions of people around the world buy french, iberian, italian and californian wines.

Malesor89
04-28-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm not trying to jump on the bandwagon, but the French make some of the best wine in the world.

Sunphq
04-28-2013, 10:57 PM
English wine:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/Chapel_Down_Flint_Dry_2008.jpg/300px-Chapel_Down_Flint_Dry_2008.jpg

inactive_member
04-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Bordeaux Blends
Rhône Blend of Syrah and Viogner (5%) which is white variety creating an interesting flavour.
Pinot Noir from NZ.

Australian Cabernet Sauvingon from Coonawarra.
Chilean red wines.
New Zealand Sauvingon Blanc from Marlborough region. It's crisp and refreshing that does not cost a fortune.

Georgian wines are popular in our part of the world. Many of their wines are semi-sweet not fully matured.

There should have been more countries in the poll with multiple choice option.

Roy
04-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Are there any proffesional wineries in Belarus, Rugevit? (I doubt in it as already in Eastern/Northern Poland there is way too cold for it ... but summers seem to more and more sunny and warm) :)

inactive_member
04-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Are there any proffesional wineries in Belarus, Rugevit? (I doubt in it as already in Eastern/Northern Poland there is way too cold for it ... but summers seem to more and more sunny and warm) :)

There are now wineries in Belarus. The climate is not suitable to grow grapes in Belarus. Wines are imported. :)

Roy
04-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Interesting :)

inactive_member
04-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Interesting :)

Maybe white grape varieties can be grown in southern Belarus suitable for winemaking. It's not worth the hassle. There is no wine drinking culture as there is in southern European countries if that's what you wanted to know. :)

rhiannon
04-29-2013, 12:48 AM
California produces my favorite wines:thumb001:

Jackson
04-29-2013, 12:53 AM
Australia and California.

Atlantic Islander
04-29-2013, 01:04 AM
I only like Sweet (http://wine.lovetoknow.com/wiki/List_of_Sweet_Red_Wines) Red. (http://wine.about.com/od/fortifiedwines/a/Port.htm)

Mark
04-29-2013, 01:06 AM
California produces my favorite wines:thumb001:
I like Napa and Sonoma wines too.

Vasconcelos
04-29-2013, 01:06 AM
I only like Sweet Red (http://wine.lovetoknow.com/wiki/List_of_Sweet_Red_Wines).

Don't you live verde?

Atlantic Islander
04-29-2013, 01:15 AM
Don't you live verde?

I like Port. My avô likes Vinho Verde, and my avó likes Verdelho. :P

billErobreren
04-29-2013, 03:31 AM
France hands down! I do enjoy Spanish & Chilean wine too. In this country: I'll go with California

Szegedist
04-29-2013, 02:24 PM
In 1703, Francis Rákóczi II, Prince of Transylvania, gave King Louis XIV of France some Tokaji wine from his Tokaj estate as a gift. The Tokaji wine was served at the French Royal court at Versailles, where it became known as Tokay. Delighted with the precious beverage, Louis XV of France offered a glass of Tokaji to Madame de Pompadour, referring to it as "Vinum Regum, Rex Vinorum" ("Wine of Kings, King of Wines"). This famous line is used to this day in the marketing of Tokaji wines.

Emperor Franz Josef (who was also King of Hungary) had a tradition of sending Queen Victoria Tokaji Aszú wine, as a gift, every year on her birthday, one bottle for every month she had lived, twelve for each year. On her eighty-first and final birthday (1900), this totaled an impressive 972 bottles.

Tokaji wine has received accolades from numerous great writers and composers including Beethoven, Liszt, Schubert, Goethe, Heinrich Heine, Friedrich von Schiller, Bram Stoker, Johann Strauss II, and Voltaire. The composer Joseph Haydn's favorite wine was Tokaji. Besides Louis XIV, several other European monarchs are known to have been keen consumers of the wine. Louis XV and Frederick the Great tried to outdo one another when they treated guests such as Voltaire with Tokaji.

Napoleon III, the last Emperor of the French, ordered 30–40 barrels of Tokaji at the French Royal Court every year. Pope Pius IV. (1499–1565) at the Council of Trient in 1562, exclaimed: Summum pontificem talia vina decent! (This is the type of wine that should be on the papal table). Gustav III, King of Sweden, loved Tokaji - it has been said he never had any other wine to drink.

In Russia, customers included Peter the Great and Empress Elizabeth of Russia. A newspaper account of the 1933 wedding of Polish president Ignacy Mościcki notes that toasts were made with 250-year-old wines, and goes on to say "The wine, if good, could only have been Essence of Tokay, and the centuries-old friendship between Poland and Hungary would seem to support this conclusion."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaji#Famous_consumers_of_Tokaji

:coffee:

Grumpy Cat
04-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Spain, South Africa, and Chile IMO. USA not bad, either, same with Australia.

Yeah, I hate wine from my own country. Often too sweet.

Permafrost
04-29-2013, 03:12 PM
This. As far as I'm concerned, noone can rival it

http://jancek-doo.com/index.3.jpg

Ouistreham
04-29-2013, 06:21 PM
I voted for Spain.
Not that I am unconditionnally crazy about anything Spanish, but they had only one vote, which doesn't do justice to their production.

Iberia makes the best wine.
It makes sense. If you add Portugal to Spain, it makes a probably unmatched variety of quality products (including specialties that don't exist anywhere else on planet Earth, including Portwine and Sherry for instance.

That being said, I'm not a dedicated wine drinker. I appreciate a sip of white wine with sea foods, and IMHO only French wine can fit _ from cheap Muscadet to Alsatian Gewurtztraminer or Burgundian Châblis.

d3cimat3d
04-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Probably Georgia where wine originated from. Second is Moldova.

Smaug
04-29-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm not a wine drinker, but if i wouldn't switch Moscatel, Vinho Verde or Vinho do Porto for any foreign wine.

You are not really Portuguese, you are a shame to the Empire... :picard1:

Grumpy Cat
04-29-2013, 06:31 PM
France makes great wine as well. But my favorite French wines run on the expensive side here.

My favourite wines at the moment are Two Oceans Savignon Blanc (South Africa) and Jackson-Triggs Cabernet Savignon (Canada).

Vesuvian Sky
04-29-2013, 06:32 PM
I actually enjoy whine from the Tikvish region of Macedonia and Georgia (the Georgian sweet whines).

Also, there are very good French-American whines from Napa Valley.

Germanicus
04-29-2013, 06:35 PM
It is a proven fact that France makes the best wine, the soil is superior.

Damião de Góis
04-29-2013, 09:33 PM
You are not really Portuguese, you are a shame to the Empire... :picard1:

Yes, Count Arnau has called me before on that :)

(i also don't like sardines)

Slycooper
04-29-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't always drink wine, but when I do it's french wine....

Dombra
04-29-2013, 09:42 PM
France imo but I actually like cheap Australian wine a lot

Sisak
05-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Croatia, but people doesnt know that because of bad promotion. In Croatia every every fifth family has vineyard.

Atlantic Islander
05-08-2013, 11:23 PM
(i also don't like sardines)

:puppy_dp:

Pontios
05-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Ummm... Where is Greece???? :mad:

A country that is full of grapes and wine is not listed...

Damião de Góis
05-08-2013, 11:29 PM
:puppy_dp:

I grew up in a coastal town and always had plenty of fish to choose from. I always had the choice between sardines and something else and i always prefered mackerel which was usually served together with sardines. When i was little i didn't like the amount of spines it had and the taste was not as good as mackerel in my opinion. :p

Jackson
05-09-2013, 12:23 AM
I grew up in a coastal town and always had plenty of fish to choose from. I always had the choice between sardines and something else and i always prefered mackerel which was usually served together with sardines. When i was little i didn't like the amount of spines it had and the taste was not as good as mackerel in my opinion. :p

The spines are some of the best bits of the sardine, i used to love crunching on them as a kid!

Damião de Góis
05-09-2013, 12:26 AM
The spines are some of the best bits of the sardine, i used to love crunching on them as a kid!

lol! I think they would be a bit indigestive?

HispaniaSagrada
05-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Iberia makes the best wine.

And ham!

Siberian Cold Breeze
05-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Hungary-Tokay melted gold in glass

http://i.imgur.com/bEam2je.jpg

YeshAtid
05-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Hungary-Tokay melted gold in glass

http://i.imgur.com/bEam2je.jpg

it's so beautiful

HispaniaSagrada
05-09-2013, 12:34 AM
When I was fibe years old we moved into a new house. I'd hang out while the men would work and move things in. All there was was a) water b) wine

I wanted Coca-Cola and just to spite the fact there was none I chose wine instead of water.

My cousin gave me some and I drank and drank and drank.

That night I barfed all over my bed.

I never touched wine again.

Lasagna also made me sick when I was little and I didn't eat it again for 20 years.

I also don't eat sardines.

I'm not crazy about boiled bacalhau.

I don't drive fast.

lI
05-22-2013, 03:59 AM
There are now wineries in Belarus. The climate is not suitable to grow grapes in Belarus. Wines are imported. :)
Interesting. Lithuania is even colder and yet wine is more popular there than in some of the more Southern parts of East Europe:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/Wine_consumption_world_map.png

There are two traditional wineries (Alita (http://www.alita.lt/en/) in South Lithuania & Anykščių vynas (http://www.anvynas.lt/en/) in North LT): the first specializes in cheaper sparkling wines - no idea what they're made from, the second company dates back to the first independence and makes various types of wine from local fruits (apples, chokeberries, black currant, cherries).

There's also an annual festival for artisan wine-makers (Pieniu Vyno Svente) with a competition for various categories (best gooseberry wine, best raspberry wine, best dandelion wine, etc.).

Diërker
05-22-2013, 04:12 AM
italia.

RussiaPrussia
05-29-2013, 08:30 PM
southern russia or georgia

Baluarte
05-29-2013, 08:33 PM
After 3 mins of thinking I still can't decide between Italian and French, so let's just go with Italy since I like the people more, and therefore the producers have a higher chance of being nicer :thumb001:

Baluarte
05-29-2013, 08:34 PM
xD Leliana and "I don't drink wine"

ALSh
05-29-2013, 08:37 PM
I love Spanish wine. It has a nice earthy flavor.

Why isn't serbia in the list :rolleyes2:

askra
05-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Everyone is choosing wines from their homelands so for me the best wine is Cannonau, not only is good but it is the wine with the highest concentration of polyphenols, antioxidants that reduce the risk of tumors and cardiovascular diseases, and it was discovered be one of main factors for reach a high longevity.

http://www.winetwo.net/profiles/blogs/drink-cannonau-wine-and-live-past-100

http://www.drinkhacker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Cannonau-di-Sardegna-Riserva-bottle.jpg

Maximum Speed
06-04-2013, 03:46 PM
I prefer sardinian wine

Temujin
07-24-2013, 10:20 AM
I had Château Lamothe de Haux , Bordeaux style with some Camembert. Easy day for me.

Lusos
07-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Portuguese Wine Is unknown for most of the foreigners.
And only Italy as more Grape vaiety them Portugal.
For fortified Wines theres no match against Portuguese Wines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ckafOscDPYg

Daco Celtic
09-22-2020, 02:36 AM
How is Australia on this list but America isn't? Ever heard of Napa Valley?

Erronkari
09-22-2020, 03:04 AM
Portugal, Spain, Italy, France and Greece.
All of them in equal.

Arsen_
09-22-2020, 04:57 AM
I am not a fan of wine (I prefer vodka), but I know that in Armenia there is a huge selection of wines, and not only grape wine but also many other varieties: Pomegranate wine, Quince wine, Plum wine, Blackberry wine, Cherry wine, Raspberry wine, etc.

Kyp
09-22-2020, 05:54 AM
Italy & France

Wolfdog
09-22-2020, 06:38 AM
I have voted for "Portuguese".
I am fond of fortified wines and "Portwine" is my favourite out of competition.

Melki
09-22-2020, 10:05 PM
What a question...

According to the most discerning gourmets (and well-off members of society), French wine is purely and simply the world number one.

Besides, the largest museum dedicated to wine is located in Bordeaux.

I am not a fan of wine (I prefer vodka), but I know that in Armenia there is a huge selection of wines, and not only grape wine but also many other varieties: Pomegranate wine, Quince wine, Plum wine, Blackberry wine, Cherry wine, Raspberry wine, etc.

You dare to call that wine, I call it a blasphemy :picard2:

Arsen_
09-22-2020, 11:45 PM
You dare to call that wine, I call it a blasphemy :picard2:

Well as I said I am not a fan of wine and I drink only homemade red wine that my wife and mother-in-law make. :)

By the way I remember that in Soviet times, wine was mainly produced in neighboring Georgia, while in Armenia the emphasis was placed on the production of strong alcoholic drinks such as brandy.

In Armenia, it is mostly women drink wine, men prefer stronger drinks. :)

Daco Celtic
09-23-2020, 12:26 AM
None of the above. Moldova and California

Melki
09-23-2020, 09:50 AM
None of the above. Moldova and California

American wine in general and Californian wine in particular are excellent and I don't understand why they are absent from the poll...(like the finest German wines)

...but Moldovan wine ??? four bucks for its most expensive bottles...

C'mon maaaan :crazy:

Chris596
09-23-2020, 09:59 AM
Republic of Moldova in my opinion. The taste and the flavor is amazing.

(yes, I drink alcohol, just not too much)

WeirdLookingFellow
09-23-2020, 10:01 AM
Republic of Moldova in my opinion. The taste and the flavor is amazing.

You honorary Moldovan now, grab a cușmă and dance the sârbă

WeirdLookingFellow
09-23-2020, 10:02 AM
American wine in general and Californian wine in particular are excellent and I don't understand why they are absent from the poll...(like the finest German wines)

We sell grapes grown on the most fertile soil in the world for less than 25 cents a kilo.

Chris596
09-23-2020, 10:03 AM
You honorary Moldovan now, grab a cușmă and dance the sârbă

I would love to visit Moldova once :D I've never been there but my father was. Around 2000 or something.

catgeorge
09-23-2020, 10:03 AM
Australian wines from the Barossa Valley, especially Grant Burge label. I have drank wine all over and I find this the best.

Ion Basescul
09-23-2020, 10:14 AM
I don't see us and Georgia on the list :rolleyes:

Melki
09-23-2020, 11:07 AM
We sell grapes grown on the most fertile soil in the world for less than 25 cents a kilo.

And AutoVAZ in Tolyatti makes 1000 Lada for the price of a single Ferrari. Amazing, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Enjoying a glass of great wine is not just about...drinking alcohol :mad:

WeirdLookingFellow
09-23-2020, 11:15 AM
And AutoVAZ in Tolyatti makes 1000 Lada for the price of a single Ferrari. Amazing, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Enjoying a glass of great wine is not just about...drinking alcohol :mad:

I'm sorry, I didn't know you caress your grapes with diamonds and turn the soil with golden ploughs. You probably think we water our vines with Chernobyl water, smh.

Melki
09-23-2020, 11:49 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't know you caress your grapes with diamonds and turn the soil with golden ploughs. You probably think we water our vines with Chernobyl water, smh.

Then how do you explain that Moldovan wines are not praised by wine experts in the same way that they do with wines from France, Tuscany, California?

There must be a good reason, don't you think?

akva
09-23-2020, 12:02 PM
I don't see us and Georgia on the list :rolleyes:

My vote for these countries

WeirdLookingFellow
09-23-2020, 12:05 PM
Then how do you explain that Moldovan wines are not praised by wine experts in the same way that they do with wines from France, Tuscany, California?

There must be a good reason, don't you think?

But they are praised.

http://wineofmoldova.com/news/wine-of-moldova-wins-new-awards-in-international-competitions/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/moldova-turns-its-wines-into-gold-becoming-the-most-awarded-eastern-european-country-at-mundus-vini-international-wine-competition-301037764.html

https://wine-and-spirits.md/en/the-number-of-medals-in-2018-for-moldovan-wines-was-counted-a-new-record/

Finnish Swede
09-23-2020, 12:13 PM
Alcohol is very expensive here (selling prices incl. heavy taxes). So normal people here will drink bit lower class wines vs some other countries in Europe ... meaning with same sum of money per bottle .... we get worse wines.

But among of reasonable priced red wines exactly here (keeping also minds our pretty limited choices in shop ... ALKO has monopol position) I have found Portuguese red wines pretty good.

Melki
09-23-2020, 12:28 PM
But they are praised.

http://wineofmoldova.com/news/wine-of-moldova-wins-new-awards-in-international-competitions/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/moldova-turns-its-wines-into-gold-becoming-the-most-awarded-eastern-european-country-at-mundus-vini-international-wine-competition-301037764.html

https://wine-and-spirits.md/en/the-number-of-medals-in-2018-for-moldovan-wines-was-counted-a-new-record/

And so? Celtic FC is champion of the Scottish League. It doesn't necessarily mean they have a chance to win the Champion's League in a near future.

Melki
09-23-2020, 12:30 PM
Alcohol is very expensive here (selling prices incl. heavy taxes). So normal people here will drink bit lower class wines vs some other countries in Europe ... meaning with same sum of money per bottle .... we get worse wines.

But among of reasonable priced red wines exactly here (keeping also minds our pretty limited choices in shop ... ALKO has monopol position) I have found Portuguese red wines pretty good.

Portuguese and Chilean wines are usually the cheapest
wines available at the Scandinavian vinmonopol stores.

Daco Celtic
09-23-2020, 12:31 PM

Like my grandpappy used to say "Don't sleep on Moldovan wine"

Melki
09-23-2020, 12:33 PM
Like my grandpappy used to say "Don't sleep on Moldovan wine"

Which means?

Daco Celtic
09-23-2020, 01:00 PM
Which means?

don't sleep on (someone or something)

meaning: Don't fail to appreciate or ignore the significance of someone or something. ... They may be underdogs, but don't sleep on them in these playoffs.

Finnish Swede
09-23-2020, 01:07 PM
Portuguese and Chilean wines are usually the cheapest available wines in the Scandinavian vinmonopol stores.

Chilean for sure (and those are quite popular among of cheap wines). I still think they all tasted (what we have) pretty similar.

But there are few ''bad'' qualities available from some other well known wine countries as well.

Ülev
09-23-2020, 01:09 PM
Europe's most northern vineyard (Item in Dutch/Norwegian on Dutch TV (https://nos.nl/video/2337951-wijn-uit-noorwegen-we-hebben-hier-30-procent-meer-daglicht-dan-in-frankrijk.html)) along the Sognefjord and various landscapes.

https://img.gfx.no/2039/2039607/vindruer_pa_slinde.980x655.jpg

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5dbae1069d83c0292a3622ca/1572532504412-5Q8QDX6I5AT5Q0LXQVLE/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kPG2PYunyJcMm5IaDDyRjSJ7gQa3H7 8H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLf rh8O1z5QHyNOqBUUEtDDsRWrJLTmD3GJgI7_jN764QbmlaUTk-jwKY9ThN-LXKsZSloYSBRlQqTgJhR4qOwiPx1erW1i/Oversikt+mark+1.jpg

https://en.sognefjord.no/imageresizer/?image=%2Fdbimgs%2FSystrond-motell-og-camping-7_gallery-image-Leikanger.jpg&action=Background_Overlay

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/Travel/2020/February/norway.jpg

Mortimer
09-23-2020, 01:09 PM

FinnishSwede I would drink a bottle of red wine with you and have deep conversations

Finnish Swede
09-23-2020, 01:16 PM
FinnishSwede I would drink a bottle of red wine with you and have deep conversations

I would not. I avoid gypsies.

Plus I do not use alcohol much.

And lastly: I have read about wine scandals of Austria (1980's?). People there mixed diethylene glycol to wines to make those taste better...

Ülev
09-23-2020, 01:18 PM
in Poland ---> Zielona Góra Wine Fest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zielona_G%C3%B3ra_Wine_Fest

https://youtu.be/Www6z6wmKNU

Mortimer
09-23-2020, 01:19 PM

Plus I do not drink alcohol much.

And lastly: I have read about wine scandals of Austria (1980's?). People there mixed diethylene glycol to wines to make those taste better...

I think you are not really honest if you say you would not talk to me because gypsies I think you are not that racist also this is not a date I would believe though that you would not date gypsies though

Benyzero
09-23-2020, 01:20 PM
I don't like wine. Italy, France, and not last in the row Hungary also produce quality wines.

Tacitus
09-23-2020, 02:06 PM
Italy and the southern cone countries (Chile/Uruguay/Argentina).

Finnish Swede
09-23-2020, 02:28 PM
I think you are not really honest if you say you would not talk to me because gypsies I think you are not that racist also this is not a date I would believe though that you would not date gypsies though

Morty, we have gypsies here! I know your people! I'm not like Nittonia (American; was in my friend list), who might just have heard term gypsy first (and last) time in TA.

Secondly the fact that I might not use (at least always) as bad language with you as Blondie, Stearsolina, Balkan members, Spaniards, Romanians etc. only tells that I see no benefits on that. But if you push me too far ... you will note that. I started one thread against you (earlier), did not I? I will do same/another if ever needed. If you think I'm victim type of person, you are badly mistaken.

Lastly what comes to me ... as I said ... many people have misread me. Why? Because I'm very outspoken person with very strong opinions and because people are stuck on their own believes/visions (a'la: as writing that ways she needs to be this or that). I have been called here: Nordistic, Feminist, Racist, Leftiest, Nazi, Environmental terrorist, Right wing, etc. Nice full circle of opposite determinations. My ''heart'' might not be as poisonous as some might think (yes, you're right one that). How it could be ... I have lived in safe bird nest ... but that does not mean I would accept all kinds of people anywhere near to me (or into my countries). Nope, I do not. Not even many Europeans.

gixajo
09-23-2020, 02:42 PM
In any of the countries of the list, you can find great wines and horrible wines.

France has always known how to sell its products very well, and in terms of image it beats everyone, not always so much in quality.

With this I am not saying that France does not have very good wines, it does, but not nearly as good as the price that many of them have.

Anyway, the best wine is the one you like the most, not the one that anyone tells you is the best. And the one you like the most is the one you drink easily and effortlessly.

And of course, the best wine is not necessarily the most expensive.

Finnish Swede
09-23-2020, 03:00 PM
In any of the countries of the list, you can find great wines and horrible wines.

France has always known how to sell its products very well, and in terms of image it beats everyone, not always so much in quality.

With this I am not saying that France does not have very good wines, it does, but not nearly as good as the price that many of them have.

Anyway, the best wine is the one you like the most, not the one that anyone tells you is the best. And the one you like the most is the one you drink easily and effortlessly.

Based on our prices (which is high) ... the cheapest wines here are about 7 euros, but those are not good. Between 8,50 to 9,50 euros ... best red wines comes to Portuguese and few of those are already pretty good (in my taste). Saying other ways: Great value of money.

If we rise the price range a bit ... we start to find good wines from several countries. For example from Italy ... different Ripassos. Plus I have never taste any bad Tommasi wine :p. But oh, I'm not expert. I basically only drink wines in bigger celebrations.

gixajo
09-23-2020, 03:11 PM

Plus I do not use alcohol much.

Probably because grapes have trouble ripening well in countries with early winters, and they produce little sugar, which is what turns into alcohol during fermentation.

Winemaking in relatively cold climates is fraught with problems, and not only winemaking, but also the cultivation of the vine itself, except with highly adapted varieties.

White grape varieties tend to be more conducive to being grown in more humid and colder climates than red ones.

Thracian
09-23-2020, 04:40 PM
Chile and Argentina.

Finnish Swede
09-23-2020, 04:54 PM
I tend to choose Spaniard Cavas over French Champagnes. Better value of money.

Mixdguy17
09-23-2020, 05:26 PM
I dont like drinking Wine too much but I think its most likely a Tie between Italy, France and Spain.

El_Abominacion
09-23-2020, 06:00 PM
Spanish is definitely my favourite. Then a tie between Italian and French wine

Karadon
09-23-2020, 06:08 PM
the ones i made tasted better than the other wines i bought

Roy
09-23-2020, 06:13 PM
Wines from French or Chile are the best.

Ülev
09-23-2020, 06:17 PM
I like our local wines

https://youtu.be/j9ET2pQYVgE

stellan
09-23-2020, 06:19 PM
france and italy

Universe
09-23-2020, 06:44 PM
Hungary (no bias at all!) :heh:

Ülev
09-23-2020, 06:48 PM
^^ Mad wine

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/M%C3%81D_Furmint.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaji

Melki
09-23-2020, 06:49 PM
don't sleep on (someone or something)

meaning: Don't fail to appreciate or ignore the significance of someone or something. ... They may be underdogs, but don't sleep on them in these playoffs.

No doubt that Moldova produces a honest wine, but to be sincere with you there is no way it could compete with the best vintage wines from France, Italy, California, Spain or Argentina...

It's true that many French wines intended for export are overrated.

But on the other hand, the high price for the most sought after grands crus is justified, according to oenologists, since the perfect harvest conditions are seldom met.

A couple of years ago, a bottle of Romanée Conti (a notorious Burgundy considered as the world's most expensive wine) from the 1945 vintage was sold 558 000 dollars.

I tend to choose Spaniard Cavas over French Champagnes. Better value of money.

I can't imagine Formula One drivers celebrating their victory with Spanish cava. :eek:

https://zupimages.net/up/20/39/yb4d.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/39/yb4d.jpg)

Melki
09-23-2020, 07:07 PM
I dont like drinking Wine too much but I think its most likely a Tie between Italy, France and Spain.

Any sommelier or wine professional would put it in that order.

https://zupimages.net/up/20/39/a343.png (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/39/a343.png)

JosephK
09-23-2020, 07:11 PM
Yep, I'd say Italy, France, Spain (depending on type of course, and I only drink red wine). But definitely I think California wines are way overrated and Macedonian wines under-rated.

Finnish Swede
09-23-2020, 07:14 PM
I can't imagine Formula One drivers celebrating their victory with Spanish cava. :eek:

https://zupimages.net/up/20/39/yb4d.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/39/yb4d.jpg)

LOL. Those people/organizations will not need to think how much bottle of one will cost (opposite to me). Not to talking about huge magnum bottles. But I bet good quality Cavas will still taste as good as Moet and Chandon.

Alenka
09-23-2020, 07:19 PM
Slovenia.
:rolleyes:

Melki
09-23-2020, 08:03 PM
LOL. Those people/organizations will not need to think how much bottle of one will cost (opposite to me). Not to talking about huge magnum bottles. But I bet good quality Cavas will still taste as good as Moet and Chandon.
:picard2:

Perhaps YOU wouldn't see any difference, but I can guarantee that the least experienced wine experts do. As clear as night and day.
It would be like comparing a Fiat Panda with a Lamborghini Countach. :rolleyes:

Loki
09-23-2020, 08:03 PM
Deleted some offtopic. This is not a dating site or thread please.

Faklon
09-23-2020, 08:52 PM
Not really a fan of wine or alcohol in general. I prefer Ouzo, Tsikoudia/Tsipouro or Beers if anything.

There are some decent varieties of wines here I think which may also be quite VFM since the wine culture and demand is far lower than in Southwestern Europe.

I would only drink expensive wine with Mortimer discussing the angles of our dickpics with stronk Blakan turbo-folk playing in the background.

gixajo
09-23-2020, 08:58 PM
Hungary (no bias at all!)

Your Tokay is quite good.:)

Finnish Swede
09-23-2020, 09:45 PM
:picard2:

Perhaps YOU wouldn't see any difference, but I can guarantee that the least experienced wine experts do. As clear as night and day.
It would be like comparing a Fiat Panda with a Lamborghini Countach. :rolleyes:

Well... they said (in Top Gear) that Lamborghini Countach was actually pretty bad/unpleasant car to drive :p

I have tasted some champagnes so far. No many, but few.

Plus I have this waiting for day I will graduated (get my papers out).
Good enough?

https://images.alko.fi/images/cs_srgb,f_auto,t_medium/cdn/008715/bollinger-special-cuvee-champagne-brut.jpg

So you are saying that for example this is ''bad''
Juvé y Camps Gran Reserva Cava Brut 2015
https://images.alko.fi/images/cs_srgb,f_auto,t_large/cdn/918997/juve-y-camps-gran-reserva-cava-brut-2015.jpg

Melki
09-23-2020, 10:42 PM
Well... they said (in Top Gear) that Lamborghini Countach was actually pretty bad/unpleasant car to drive :p

I have tasted some champagnes so far. No many, but few.

Plus I have this waiting for day I will graduated (get my papers out).
Good enough?

https://images.alko.fi/images/cs_srgb,f_auto,t_medium/cdn/008715/bollinger-special-cuvee-champagne-brut.jpg

So you are saying that for example this is ''bad''
Juvé y Camps Gran Reserva Cava Brut 2015
https://images.alko.fi/images/cs_srgb,f_auto,t_large/cdn/918997/juve-y-camps-gran-reserva-cava-brut-2015.jpg

I don't say it's bad. (I'm not talking about Armenian or Lebanese wine), Spain has some of the most renowned wine regions in the world.

But we're talking about labeled Champagne...the king of sparkling wines, unmatched in terms of prestige and respect. Don't get fooled by a bottle.

Damião de Góis
09-23-2020, 10:50 PM
I don't care much about wine, but it was funny seeing Melki the sudaca claiming our wines were cheap after someone simply said they liked them :rolleyes:

Mortimer
09-24-2020, 04:39 AM
Im not familiar as much with all the wines. I just voted french for its reputation. But I drink when I drink (not often, not much). Zdrebcava Krv. That is a serbian wine and means horse (young horse or horse kid) blood. It is red wine.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61PUu39KrVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Finnish Swede
09-24-2020, 06:36 AM
I don't care much about wine, but it was funny seeing Melki the sudaca claiming our wines were cheap after someone simply said they liked them :rolleyes:

+1

But I agree, with exactly wines Scandinavian culture/knowledge are pretty limited versus some Southern countries (in this context I calculate France among of those). Still personally that does no matter/harm me very much. I'm simply country girl. I just trust on my own taste (anyway), and try drink something I prefer/like and afford to buy :). If I do not know/recognize hundreds or thousands different wine brands or grapes, so be it.

My father has one French colleague. Bit weird man (southern) but still someway charming old gentleman. He has born (comes from) Bordeaux area. He is so tight (''serious'') with wines that he does not want to drink even another French wines (for example Bourgogne wines).

As he is visiting in Finland, he opposite wants to buy clean & fresh chanterelles from local market places. Or bring those to his wife.
https://www.arktisetaromit.fi/binary/file/-/fid/3323
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBxMTEhUSExMWFhUWFxcYGRgYGBcXFhcXGBUXFhcXFx gYHSggGholHRcXITEhJSkrLi4uFx8zODMtNygtLisBCgoKDg0O GxAQGy0lICYyLS0tLy0tLS0tLS0rLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS 0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLf/AABEIAKoBKQMBIgACEQEDEQH/xAAcAAADAQEBAQEBAAAAAAAAAAAEBQYDAgcBAAj/xABIEAABAgQEAwUFBQUFBgcBAAABAhEAAwQhBRIxQSJRYQYTcY GRMqGxwfAUI0LR4VJicrLxFVOCorMkM3OSo9I0Q1Rkg8LTFv/EABoBAAMBAQEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIDBAEFAAb/xAAqEQACAgICAgIBAgcBAAAAAAABAgADESESMQRBEyJRBbEUMm FxgZGh8P/aAAwDAQACEQMRAD8AT0qQ8bTkPBmF4dwZ12fTrDCQtINgI4nk YlJx2ZfTQzjM 4bSiWkPqfdDemFw9wYGlTUHWOZqylXDpHBuva1 WZclYUcYXiXZyWviRw8wIwocFQjZz1hhRzjDNDGLR5L2LjMQaw pzFFR2bkTkl0gK2I1iMxbB5skkEEjmI9QTKbSOZtOFC4eKqrmr GO4pkDTxCooy73hvSS FPQx6Bi/Z VMHCAFRJT6JUpeVQbrsYrFqWjEUUwYfREpIMWEqXmlE8xEqlFh FfQD7tukciisfIcyy1/qJ5ZUoKJyh 8YBxIkEGHXaCVlnLPWMaHBl1QscoG5 UdxXCqCZAQSdQRdQFID6w1wBKCXOukFI7A2vONuQEb1HYlcsZ5 M02/Cr8xEvlWK9RUHEbUCGyY3NWhI2hRWYkFlhAxwlTgqmE8xtDaUh IGgj5nCV9bnTVCdyTxSruYVSMS4tYtK3BZc03t4RI41haZKspN tjHT8a2qwcfcx1ZdxtJqQQ8cd 5tEymoawVFXhCAlIUQ6jo 36xttIrGZ5W5ahVPRKUHLJHNX5RuMHSb98n0/WOXJuTGgiM2MOofx/wBZrK7NhQdM9Pmk/nAtbgc6SXKcyf2kXHnyg2RNIFjDekxXLqfXSMHkYOGH oDVsOpH5Y NFpWYfInjMGQvmnQ I0MIanAZofIAsc0m7eBh2Qf5TMVvzE6bwVTiMggpJBBBGxsY1Q YB48RrSSwogGLOiSEy7REYcu8VtPU8DeUe8az42OZL5C5xJXH1 ZpxPK0JVKKVhxHoysClLDkDNzjr7HLslSQTzjr02Mg2JzvjOSc yHkC7xnWgLITFXi3Z1CuNByndtPSJLEKZclbKF/j4RXXbyOD3BKkdwmiTlLGDuHlAaFggKjTPDgZk 16GYcoAKIPrTd4DJj5WwkuTOvXpQJ9TKgiVa0ZIU0dBUIOYyMa ablhvTTgwicSuC6aY0HS5UxbrmUkpbwSkOIT09RbzhjKqI61Lh huSOpE zZF3hdjNIlcsg6jQw3CoCxKSSktrBOvDazAc6Mk0G4EVeHq4RE pL/AN54RS4fMs0TUseeYywaxJftRhq1TuEO4hrRSxLlpSkMRrHVXP JU7wOqpAN4dbcHXDHAEFa8HUb0yyd4YJS9vKF HB7wzCWYwhzlR J7GDJXE6cy5hGx0gdKop8XpO9R12iPnlSDlUI5714OBLqrOQ/rGEkxziWFy6hBSseB3ECyZ8HSp0IIZG5L3GkchieUTsGVJq 6VcajqIuZSLCC8VCJhBygqToYxQG2jp3eUb1XPY7iaqvjzPqER skR8RGgTEw3CJnwBo2lqjB7dR8o vAMsIGGJXlFvSCaGvym9oWLXbzjPPABT3N4Bu5VzsOk1QBLEjU gsW5GJquwRSVkSwVp5i5HMGNKKpUguksYKoa1aFOC/jFDXg4yP7xS0uucGKadRSWMPcNmhSg5sPjG2OyEzZX2iWOJI4h v4wiw2oPhGW1FPuNj94IYWa9z0CXdMT9fUHOwOkG4TWcLGBp0j iUrnFPkWfNWpT/MRWvBjmZpxA5WJj9i9IKiU4HEkW/KF6pZJZt4bYXUBJyHeJvGvdLByOuoy6lWTUhaWp1SbMYM73qIY dpsICZuZFgq/nvCL7CvnH1KEEZE5fUaVCiYEeNpi4wUY XfudZNT8pUEyjaAgqNkTIFhGQyPpmEQL3sa948Yo9TDC5VU0Gy q2E0wxzJn3YxUuVgEAytkVjwWJgIiVTVFKgNoONWwcRULtbiWr mdVQtMKhoY7pqhiY6TiaVWhNWVOSYEv7RtE7MBtIQUnuETJlzA ilOQesaTFXaMVKt5iENsYhLoyqwicAADDVRBDQgpltlPMCG8mb pBpYSvBoll3kTVCtoTY1S2JZ4bVAA4h/SB5ywoMY34wRxM8rEHIkJNXlMESaqDMXohqIThBEKKg6M6COCI xeNEgQFKSrXaCZa4Sy4hETcJEfQLHpHxJjojXwhyDUmY7mG58P zjJ NIjScr2vCB/wAT/u/ER6Epm6y/vPlHKVDzMZk/XQfrGfeNfc6eEZxhgwxJjaXMaF6Zn9Y idCjXGgymweuCVFJuFWgerw8SVqP4VF09OkKZM6KnD6pE9Hdr1 riDrHJfiJ/tJ7V4HmP8zHClB2hrOpySG0ifS8maUK20PMbGKihqgsRZ4Crk1 t2JNfkfYdTGdRjlCWrQqWvNFWpNoXVlPmsYt83xVdMr3E03EHc FoahM0FKxHz wER k0ORTjSGecwvxLbUXjZPXIpbKzzCTOzJBjiaesAyJmUI/ZUPQgsR8PWNlzImvp4Wa6lFLh1zO88fBOgZU2OBNgQkeIcJsfj MYuDaAULcgR rJrWj3x7xNjUVNxBE5AbNE0KzrDmiC5iXyluZsPUwTAoNwSJsZ 0FIqCQzxiimQPbWfBP5mN6YyAWId9yT8onLnsGbqKaqoKVaxvQ p7xfeH8It4w5OEU043BSeaVH4F43m4IqUn7vjSOXtekErBl vcF7BjEWzBqTrAs43HX5QVOPD42/OB5qHUOQEZiADHtOeFPmPnB9JUA2hJQzXCknUMR5Fj7o JnEHXcwQXOxBI9SslzNoCxGUUh06coGp6xwDG82rBQS8NGCMRe CDE4V3hKMyAo/hUpj5QHPw9UsssEddQfAxrWSQpUOacZZKyq6WJY3AAGkK4A6lA cLgiTiJ40jDvMu9oD7sO4J8I7MsFJJdhAfGBKjqHSqnMWALftb Qwlm0JE1TAAWEH4fNzAjlGqMHqT2Kcbn1adfAD1MYzfaPi3pGy lN8T5aRzJlPr9bmMMEGZLFvrQfnAcxe8MqiXbx HKFdTaCXcINPwm847EyAVTuUfEToaa4xWjiSqGNLNKTmSWMJqa aYZSZvMecR2KRG9iNsXqM6ETPxDhV8o0wjEMphXVzPuz4j4wPR TbwIZj9/YizWOJWeh0tXmaO6iWXcaRM0NYxiipawKEdPxfNFg42Hc51tJQ 5E4ePznnHyptpGecc4OwOTgQQRiebSi8lQUOJDjwOYfkIS1VcA taCWKVEe NJFataJiRdRYtvqEnz0PlCTH5BNQSl IlXgxY 8GKKqObFW/8AdSHxrGRjCpmJDnHArxzhJUUrJUo6wJJkKYFzeKh4i47l/wDEn8SxoKxiS7wDXYgCrWFaZS06G7RkjDZkxcuWFcUxQS/Jzc WsCviKG5Ewj5OBoS87LYWFp 0zhwfgSfxN I/u/GGWI4kVlhp0 UcYmoS0JkJ9hACR4AMIX05cxybG Q59epUg1yaFS7xukRrIkW8jH6YnX6/D sTtCFk/IU1wWhzhuMqSQFXhES319fRjpC4WR7EMgMMGVOLYcJyM8ts4uw 0V sIJSbsoahj0Ig7B8QKTlOhjXGpQfOPxF/PKYNXycHuTMhXUVJdCs2oGvgbQuqqlphTzP8ASDKWcFSyTqHB8 NYVYtTrMxJTcb9IcoGZoj3Dq/mbiDwsXI9IQ9yBpBmGnhUXe4HzhYOTNdMDM3C KHdZL/2WY2pSR62 cT0lLqtDvEpqkUkxT yBf/EkQak71FMNiSKcNVuQBGyqhEpJFj4wmnYyDqr3wAKjvVgE8Ovj Dq/FssP2j3sCjc6mVpCyNnsdop zwdBXz ESk1Peycsu6s7Dnq0XFDS5JaZY/CB5w7y61qAiluLic9y5aGdJSaRrh1Kom6WEPJNOAHb8ojqo5nM CyzGpNYlTBn5RHYtXpSWFzDjtjimRXdJNzr0H5xGVCRrFNNQzk wxkiaKqyY1kzTAUuWYOpJRJh7hQI1BGtFNMOZOkJ6RLGGQnAAk nSOZcMnUqWGTZoCCDoW MCIUBCHGe0CFoZCrg3Hhu8B4bjwWMpsoQ1fCs PkRJzcpfAMtqeqvaKjBlWcm0ed0lWBcmG2H4gqaQAWQSz8/0hdPisbhgQbyAktJK /mkA8CfeYY/YEwtpeza0h0T2PQWgj zKrTH0tXjcRsZnIawE6M8qwpJXOGchCkBTqAAKyzAqPMjfpAXd gXPtAEF Tm/vMGUa0E8QIWkcszjVi27CMplOoSmUCnN Mi2UEhPrEnEq /cmGmiStZSghKXA1POOUU5KwGsmC62ZkypQAVHVtxzeOqZJKi5A bUC8W51KgcwauSAknkI 9lR9/LUoftH/ACloGxRKlzEyk yrXm0GIHdqzAeyQ3lAWLmsj8wg32yY8qllcwgf0A1JjmkmDMOT t4xlUzAzg2XcnkNWHWBTOCv4RYDR n5xxlr1KbvLCgBZY0ywoFi/hBE2kcaan6HwjDs/RWD/AJRUSqcabwk1cjgTBYQMyPqaYiATMv8AXui1rqAEaRG4yBLVC/jIODK6rAZpImw1rqodxnN8l/l84laWoJVBuN4gJdDOU9ynKPFRYQtqCbFA/Ij7MccmADF0JzZRrzjJeMdYgFYsuM04pMMdwfpnuQ/xaepdrxhh7UPuytT3khS31mKHoEiPIp1UtW7R6h2FQU0Ut/xFavIrIHuAhXmeKtNXL3kTy3mw4EfUimVBvbUkYXVM792/hxJPygNBcjxhxjFL39BUSRqqTMCfHKSPfHO8dgLVz R 8y0fWeAUZOUufUw6w ez3fSEtNJdAPOHHZrBjPnJQSQhIzLPTYecfTWOqgkyNQTiVnYm hUoGaUsnMcvW o6RfUlKOUC4fIFgAAAAAOkPpASEudBrHzltn8RYTK8cBiaSZHD yu8Y4lWhKSEEKLFg416naEONY7qHZPLc POJtWKrJto/uguZAwkYnjltmDTuyddNKpp7pSlFyBMNvVIhLi EVNMkLny8qSWzAhSH5EjTzixpscmJu2n6Q5kdqkCWpKklyLaM 0Nr8jeGENqbB/LPJpWII5iD6fEUs7sOcXNZ2Bo8QlmaB3E8j25bBJO2dGh8Qx6x 572qwGZQoMucNmSR7KuSkn6aLa6671BHuTm96yQR1C6jFiGypN 7AwFWTJq34yI67PtPl5Wum4PhBSUghWYEEEDSGJ46J63PPe7e5 MU0oupO4MfEUqgstq0GlAl1J5EQzstQSgcRt5RWdSUTjs7STqh eVRZCTxeEegokpQkJA00jHAMtPlZAU11P8AiPWLiV2mkqSxkHw ZJELRFyT1Cexuu5IyqmZolah4EtGvezv7xX/MY2q5qVLJQjKCbJ5R19mMFk oOB7kUKsBJWrOggahKWVyOvuaP3eKmygFqIUDYEZQQ rB76W6QmnTCUZgMpUQom5dWxb3w5oiJyQpSvvEuLOE3HtAHdx7 oR5CKF5fiSv TAEzS4N2GzB25wTSTmU2S6jc2sOauXhBeJ0xCQpwSf3bjkTeFQ VMQCMwAJuWdzvpqYWjjGp5XxOZ8wfaFrbhSGDasOTczG59kKyk k7G3r0hciUC5OdSRtwofoz39YPRVJSi7JLWAIfwH6QbMZ75GJg 86XNz5MrlrNcDwTr5mG CYGtcwFSgQGJAv5ch4Qso5ilKKEjInUk6n5qPjFjgq0JAS1hvu Yh8i3hqUeNWzHOJVYbhuhvDUUQbV46wxcsoBBHvj5XVIAtBrXW tfMxmWLYEExKoTLSSogAbmPJe0GLCbMJS5S v5QF247ZmdOMpD90gka 2p7nw5Qml1yTqQDDB47EByJRSyKe5Q0HEQkFibPAvbpHdmXTpW VJy5leO0cUNclPEBmOw6wBiHeKWZqy5JFtvKMppb5eR6H7xl9o K4EnZ0mxj7SSwYbVUjNs1oFw lWSSEKa98pZubtHT5/Xcg4/aDz5BA0j16gpO6kSpZ1RLSk IF/fEX2bwRUychS0q7tJzlwQCwdIHO7eTxeVK44n6nfyK1j 5lnjpjJn2nGp6t9ekUuFTNvrZ4mZb5H6j4KPyEO8OmMQeZ9xLf NEclzjceVnntZ2Olyp65apisoWogAAMlRzJA8iIr8GoaeUkJQB 56nqTuY77c0JKU1KA UZZjfs/hV5XB8uUSlPiTRbY9t6BuWYtFUanoVKQV5Qkvzbh9YG7S1mTgf S58f6QDgmP6IJ8HhV2tq3WS pHwgQq4wOzGIhL76imfOzqcxrKT9fX1cwvlToZ0yvWGOOIlWZ2 qXr6er/KOFpPLr nxhnTygq3oN2Y/MtDKqw8EG17 9RaJjbjuYLMGBYFjipVjp74ZdtZcuvw2oADrlIMxHMKQM1vEAj ziPM3jI5GH F1ACZj6GVNfw7tR UVU2tVYuOswPJ8dXQuO55z2PKwgqTpo rWhnKnsVhZ9rfY9YWdnZ2TvkAkDPtqx0g6smluigR1Ed0j7Gck HQifFpX3qVDQ2EVvZvCTLGZY4yPQcoXdlcNVMZcwcKScr7kHWL GSWcepjzNnU8BifZEvaCGLMNI5TOBLaCCZCe8I2AuTs0ZgmDmc ZhLQZh8vGEv8AbqucY9pcV7xWRFkJLeO0Kcn7phmeOhCCg7MFE xa JIKFC2rZwW4mhxJmtLLMEoS61WUoEkZunVoUTp/4lkJJYWaw1O1tNYU1uLqdUpKimUsghIF1lgHJZwLaRIK2t0RIN tKSvrilhMSs2f22SU87C8Ja3DlkhUkFUuYHBvw835QPPrVKQlO bMEuAHPsnUe7SCqXEO8nqlqUSg zlOiT7JHIiwbygjV8Yys0rxnSKXuwAsknoogaepMLqusGYAKN2 sH9ACSYo5dOhGpC1bEBj6Gw8om8bxUd EjRNzuSrqGDEco9QebTUOTuOMHygHmTeKKkmxAUtb3ethv5mHt JjCGsoesTX OSSZ0a3A6no2FVqUoU6yLhhzJgHtNj5ElUuWeNYZ/2QbE/IRIIxdiW9rZ/T5wGJxUSo5jmWH8hc GkJ8fxWBy3Q/wCxtjL67ivFcHGQzBbKk r7xjgEoqlkkaGxa5JDfGHeOHLTLs1vnaPnZ2nyyeK3n019/ujq8zwk3H7QKVRmynZtRzsHgmrkqVlCHJKbDqSLe6P1RPupAfN oGBZ3At5RWYHhaZcoE3makk6A7Dl4iJfI8kUrk9 o2uvkcTPCey8lGULeYTc5tDzAA1blDv7KAcySEtZgLNoCByjJB CWAL3cixHj0jVc0qj5622yxsscy1QF/ln1S94BmTN/EfH8o3nqZh5wLPs/T3qbMfgB5x6tZsPQBl8Ak sqaflB1AOFIJuB7rg/AHygBNlKGwUgeQ71EdypzJCt0pQodQFCUr V/8RjXTU9iUktTguAdQUnQ7KH11jz3tP2bVTlU2VeSXI5p5pPhF5 ImB32fKelnSfMNBU5CVApUAUqsRC6LjSceophueL02J3BBdr29 PnBM2rVMSoqbhLDwbSGHaHskJMwLTmMomxB0u VXKE8ygXkV3avZD9S3x/SO6pocZX/cEGwHMG 0NDHC8XSFBKvL8omTXpKmYnQuPyjuTUoMyWkO6lpTcNcqAhz NyGCJvzqejPV8JKeVyX6w37SHuqVc0Wyge8gfOA8HpQV DRS4pQpmSVoUHCksRsY5VVPMEkZxMssCuJ5/gmKoWPvZaJiTa6RmHgrWGtfhyESJk mWSkIOdJPEhJBCiOYCSbQqqsPTJGUJygBgdfDWEMntOJRXxOkB QO4IZiIbVW3PKrkfiPtZWU4OP2k8ZGSesB2KUnVnGnnDChplTl 5b5AxURsH5c4XpT3hlFIuENzN21 t4u8CwxEqU5LqOviY7TtOaq 4TToCUBKQcoEd5W n8Y2QkC135n6vHYTbw nMeWCZk7sAPDrA L4kUJ7mXb9pXyg5Mti 4H6xJ1UtS1lIDk6/NztB5wJ5QCdzTCkJXNAKSZYB536vzeMe4V 56iC6GeJRSM3ArnszAhxpf4w17mXyHqmPA4gseU80TIXdc1W4z Po2pHq0BTVd7OHIOSYcV0uapGZGVjZebJtpc3boIzw/CyEtzOo3D/AwwHG4vj6mFOouRrbQ7D5mNuz5EtSphZi4Y2JdsoGp jHdVTBJcGws/M/rAswZlpQ4Ls4I0A38btA6YYnmGtymwqenKpE5lEF07FOZgpjyu 8B19DLM3jmXF0lSQCRtcDiEDU2VJJBGXKQQ wOw6tDWRPJkJZIXkLklipIJbQ3Zsvp4RG6MjcliGUqciT8zCVp JsVliXAUQTZtusEUWAALdQNyNraB/e8P0pmTFB1S8rOCAVFv4doEqlrlqHHnSo8ICVhtPafz33g0uZt ajEsJn10JMwqAATwi1tHf3x9opSjMCswyHiYs7FtB9aRnUImLW tkqYMEuLHQm52v7o2l0igorBHJgbMHIflG6/MpD5ibFZvekyZbFBUku7sczkADxEbzcREo9yEktueRHLeBsIXZ KlBnJWTsblgGhvOCScxyktYlzc5gB08oY2Op4H3F9LOCZiSpmB v1bSLSTVumzl488UtBmJSUkhSwGSfwk89tovKdBYISkhIAA5Rz P1FAMEyrx2yDDKe50 usGFTCB5UsjbxjVMlRIJt0cep QjjtgmUicTg3iS3h/QPHE9GaYJf8AP8S1gq9AG8o1UBmCtE/h5EOxPmWT5qMZ0ywM0zfKVn/E6JY9C/rDFGBmbNsz5lHT7lXqtT/zxpRIBlkHUAptyXLzAf8wHrHMxOXvEasiWjzJCf5s3pH2lUyAd yhC23dC1H/7SxGkZE2MsFqMycqjeyX8syDBsucUnKrbTm3IdR7xCKmSQ6U 0kqTb9kkrkq8NvODJmIJI4tWflt8fraJLEwZhXJjWaEkXYpV0c EdR8onanAZJLpJTfQaeG8dnE0MpWYjztz2 MS L9oZy2TTBJH94pyCTyALnxh3i PczYTX7QWIQbi/tyillSky5ctCZqlZsyUgKSkakkagks3TpEbQVARNlLVcBYV1sb fKOsRlTFzyJinWoAk RsBy0gSvkFBDjT84 r8enhWEJyZzbHy3LE9UwbtelCgXtuDpF7Q9pJU5JvlLaE/Ax/PMmWpYzJd22jeRUVKAhphAWopsz9R03iZfCKn6N/gxj2q2yNx52k7WifPUEgmWCRq2bZ g5QjxKcDmSmwyWG7Nvz0jQUSAkqAJLDoM2no8BEvMW4sABbZ/CLkRVH1EnYk9xrhdSyQoqKS1mvdreUO6PteB/vUlxoU3B8jp74jFTi5Y6M3rePilO0EK1Pc35DPRx20kHZfkLn3 x3T9qkKbLKV5lI ZjzlM0CNkYi2n6x4ViDzns9BNQZSlTFBLgsBs9nJOp0hDTpYrK RnPGTf2kgBygNxa8xEjT4kmekJzd3MGiVE92v5oJ9PAaM6KfVj u090EkZiCCSkIHCcxzNsCC7aNAPx6EHnowtcySuWFhSgQc4OQg ElICgSl0hyHuY faafn/1v1g2kxGYonOJpF2AbIoaOFKS4f8Aigr7XK/9Kr/p/wD6wn5P6xfyyYqqdQl5coLsBzcbt0BfyjqagoGUBiwDjk23hDX KFEMq55EdWFurnyj4ulAmKC20IGqnYcRYdfgILlKcRCEKWQlrA EsBc5d4WGmmd4taWDqKdNEgMWPiCIdYfUnvVzHAJZCWScuQKIe 9nJB3g6bLGTR1XvsDckk8g0HnEzGZIVkvIpKeQdR6m7epaOsPm THKkKAJFtkpGhLbwxxKVnIlpOYqUx3OlzfpBdRTZCmUlIylJSX B1udr7e NzrEHjma4PXZVKIUkLZ0DMQhRdyCT7PJtPCGSZgnn 6XfOnRVt2fQ80vEhXU6kIfcfi0L7ADpp6xpST5kpIzKJDBnALE 6hJOntaaQh/HDDK9xTV71KdCClQ4kEA2fMCQ9r6QRU0pKFlCjdBBYOHykA5gC YlkVa3ZeUhTMSACSbXPpBFZVmWlEvK5mO4CihgNwQ/zhfx2AgDE8vNeoRR0qpcmWgjMrcaCyXAcaC4jeplOGBZx/EAQHdj4iAUzFXHHlAF3HDpqeZKm8jBFKriBWBmy3N25AHm1/UxQQe5QDJehlutYGzga2az 6DaXtHU06iM2dID3Je1rHl4vAtMoonzBq6168ip9fONsQo3Zrj MnMliGfxg7K1c4YZExWI2JU4f29S2WdLUl90sbHV9/SKOlxKTOA7uchSTrcBQtpl2a9jqT0jziooCALAs3v38IGk4dnU ofsnXlHOs/TaW2n1/7KVvYd7nrVRNypAWBkIJcaBgUy0gjk5PnChdUM6k2YrH UqbyAAtEpLTVSUKEqZnTlvKmOpBAD8N7ENZmgWjxKpmAzAQ5By sBwufa1fXxhC/pzAHYMZ/EjPUvavFUC8xaZfEi5tmKA7e9XugWf21pkMArMUhhlDjYHSwFh bw5RDz8OUtTzFk2LlRe5IAA5aiCP7DGVYcMEltieE39beYhi/ptWuZP IJ8hvQh I9vjMUBKQWZyTwhvKBZmPzlICyAkEgc7GwPqQIQ4RTlQBAezeR 8fFob48nLTpVly8aUAbPmKiQNR7HJvCz2r4dCEKFijfZxzmcU9 XOSVd SogAkAhgkhgwHMkX6xQ0NMEkJKmCkkhzcg2ToeYPoecZVqCmnm LASMobcqLLDgvYpsDbn1jSlUlCJUySSUJAE1BSHJ4jZ/4ntsvXkw4xoYg5OdxZW04NYM7cEsAkqCeILWka 1pp 9Afa2mGSWQxUSUEAXzODw8wQ2kWCaUnvww41pKblLcKTrqLkn1 hH2tWVop16ETfZ1RmBUk3AB/C/ IwSH7CA3U4wyTKkoCVEkr4kgpNwzEHbVx5QDj4IQkh FSVgk2ANiA228UsyjSJGV3yhjsxayf8w16QjkYV9oo0qGvdgAg 8RUxfMGZnt5xiEdmeb8QGrWAAjmR7y trXhNSu8z Jn8IpMPoe9kJXuEjroOm9jCTCKbMJv7qjBqRgwSNiAVILuOQ vhA/ennDlNEFhQBOdD25h7e6FdDRhUxSTYD87Q5TqLPcxM2Pgmkw5k 4UoL 7SmZsykhQHW9tjFBh9HNFhNlJO4lSZRy/xLIAEC1qrAY8ZPYZgFTNyqEpYQb51AhJHQ/lFbh06ahBCiyA6coDKKgW3ufEnyaOaupUeEL7ybo5cAADVgWeA amomOOIkBKUsAwcD2ug MTOxs1B20cHtCqT7WQDXKE5px81O3nH7/wDtv/bzPf8A9sSFDOEmYolJUtTqzkggJ5pTuep02EMnm/3x9B UeNCie MyowqkAaap3c5QLJT 8eZ0Eb1kv7tRSriNrsCMxYnxY28BH1/uh/B/3GMJSiVygdMireDNA9mWQatWmRIZlDhsRzbh1uByhRIkTGOdUx WUDWySVaJAHL8o3xRRKwCXHeD4iBqqYftSw5ZlFns4FrQwagmH SJI7wBYNg4U9joVBgXF fKB5K7zVguczBzYAM7vpqYMpvYffiv5QslDgm I/1FiNmQernzZhTKmSwllJLgkhTB9T4phqmhK5QZrqcOASGuSwbd vIwEFEzad7vLJL7lhc9YfKtKLW4D/LGOesTwk9Tz8s0slDoVlS4ZKrEFzzcj0gyegTJiFEEBMtQLsRc 8WVjeFtKkHO9 Pe 4hlLSGNtMzdLDSCYTBBWUQpR4kpIJAF/ad/Vn6R pk5lZhdRSWB6KsSeoceUGVoaQoCwdH80D0SAJUwgB8nyVHvUKL O0ByVUtwAyXLWcnm28NKpfepOVIJaxsCA4zBm6fGF/aG9RLf9/wDnEE4cHZ73b3iCI0DBB2YcG4EgpLBg5G5dyfJ UCYSDkmqI0Urrp7I5c94KkXQSb8C9fGFWFTD3S7n8O/VEDjULMZ4atIAAVlZKcxDAADi3G0ZYQgJl5kZiAZikkBuEXS42 9oWjpXsK/4K/wDQhbhiiKZRFic4ta2Q28I8BmeJj3DpQCXdLqSHJ6gEm36QXiR R3E1WrS12dgSygPPRoEpz9xK8D/pKjPGFH7JN/wCEr3GX ZhYGTCJ1F3ZcJEkWdS2GtjlWCB6AneP3aI5ky0pHCiYhUwj2uK we92zMNfagKimEUyQCWzJs9rm8byZqjMrHJNki5JsFhhDwu8xZ OsR6qZllryKzS1uUkEOgBB4SNSLeItygOixAdxKTMBy3SCz7vy/d06GP0r/AHcjxmjyc2jOsSO6khrd8bf4FwvHqFHqpiVpIC7qSTYC5BBcDW 1rjTNrEvxTJMvKsqX3yFIGrAEpcvtv5RUyEgTpbW 7PyiTwg/eU/8AFM/1BHl61PHuWK5pVKmByviSDYhlIILvrfTy1aEHZ6oeUqT3nd5Zy glwFIUHICS wbpFUUjLNt/5reXeIt4XPrEH2YQFKnAgEd4bG/7UYoyhnj/NKillLQpsqQk5riwUQbgJGhv sADDUIq5yQGRMly5v7KQXOYeZTp 9DOSeNI208ssst6k sdYSf8Aw3VK36sSz84HrM3uRtHJBqJpCykh7W21d9mEZy6Du6i YCRfKobulQdw m/pB9QGxWeBYOdP4BBGMhptM1uCYPIaDwh5P/YsTBKASUgWIzC5Y66jTUbwqxXEZiSES1EJNwXJ11YaJ9H6xUUo 6J3Clt0ttEv2mHGf Kfg8CgBbc8ygxrhmHqSnhVxKF1Ku5f2LXZr9fK5VVLXLRLmBpg zAnLuFAui 7FwW15R9lexL6omk9SAlnhqPZ/ NJ82d/GADe4XEepInIpQILlCja6TkUC6cqgDYt5R33cz 6X74wnj/bEjZ0RUvBu2JgGZ/9k=

Most of times his schedules (airport => meeting => airport) has been so tight that there is no time to visit in the city/centre)

Once as I knew he was coming, I went to forest and picked up some of those to him. My dad gave them to him.

Finnish Swede
09-24-2020, 07:16 AM

For example these 3 Portuguese wines are all good (all in 8euros - 9,50euros price range here incl. our high taxes). There are several of red wines from Chile, Spain, Italy, France, Southern Africa, Australia, Argentine, Bulgaria etc. in that same low price range ... and based on my opinion those Portuguese wines are the best (so far).

LU actually might be most sale red wine in Finland now 2020. The label/sticker in the bottom (LÖYTÖ ... viinilehti) ... has been put in Finland by ALKO. Finland's wine magazine has valued it extremely good wine for its sale price. It is the cheapest of 3 ... just 8euros.

https://www.rosaviinijaruoka.fi/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/setencostas-red-375ml.jpg

https://www.rosaviinijaruoka.fi/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/LAB-Reserva-Touriga-Nacional-Cabernet-Sauvignon-Syrah-2016.jpg

https://www.rosaviinijaruoka.fi/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/duas-uvas-vinho.jpg

Samnium
09-24-2020, 07:34 AM
France, not even close. After France I would say Italy.

Melki
09-24-2020, 08:55 AM
Double post

Melki
09-24-2020, 08:56 AM

I never meant Portuguese wines were cheap. Portugal is one of the most reputed wine producers in the world, with a very long tradition.
I just wrote that the Portuguese wines are among the cheapest (or better said, the most affordable) in the Scandinavian alcohol outlets, perhaps because they are only wines selected for export. No doubt that the best Portuguese wines remain in Portugal.

And I don't care if you call me "Sudaca", although I posted the results of my autosomal DNA test that clearly show that I'm 100% European. You can think what you want, it has no effect on me.
It's just sad that many right-wingers lack so much brain power that they need continuing use of defamation in order to discredit an opponent...:rolleyes:

But back to the wines....
Here's my personal list of the world's top 10 quality wine producers

1- France
2- Italy
3- United States
4- Spain
5- Argentina
6- Portugal
7- Germany
8- Australia
9- South Africa
10- Chile

Finnish Swede
09-24-2020, 09:38 AM
Just for curiosity .... I went watch which is the most expensive red wine available in ALKO Finland.

It is this one from France:

https://cdn.ct-static.com/labels/09d73dcb-31aa-4b1a-a166-558e69ece506.jpg

Now, no doubts there are even much more expensive wines in the World than that one. Plus note that our price incl. huge local taxes, but still? 8999,90eur per bottle. 10 cents under 9000euros for one 0,75l bottle.

Now then, if people are saying here that French wines are the best, are you saying that like saying: Italian cars are best (because of Ferrari etc.)? Or are we saying that because of quality of French wines which normal people are also able to buy and drink ... are the best?

Secondly which price range wines you normally buy? I know what some wines costs with pretty light taxes (have been in Latvia for example).

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
09-24-2020, 09:53 AM
Portugal, hands down. French and Italian wine have good marketing behind their products and while they produce good wines they are absolutely not worth their price tag most of the time. Very few wines are worth spending more than 30 bucks on them. You are paying for a premium label when you could just get a bottle of Portuguese wine for one third of the cost that will be equally as good if not better. It is the same with Scotch, anything that costs more than $100 will not be better, you are just paying for a "premium" experience.

Anyway, trust the people who are experienced on the subject.

https://jakubmarian.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/wine-who-per-capita.jpg

magicalM
09-24-2020, 09:58 AM
I know... I have to give my vote to Hungarian wine. We all know that Italy, France and Spain are well known for their wine. Hungarian Tokaj is famous. Apart from that, Egri Bikaver from Eger have some really really high ratings if you are willing to exceed the 6 euro budget ones. Vivino is a good place to start. Here is an example! And if you willing to go up in price, then heaven is waiting for you! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200924/fff6bf65d85167679ac2a0cfb9e12b69.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

magicalM
09-24-2020, 10:01 AM
I know... I have to give my vote to Hungarian wine. We all know that Italy, France and Spain are well known for their wine. Hungarian Tokaj is famous. Apart from that, Egri Bikaver from Eger have some really really high ratings if you are willing to exceed the 6 euro budget ones. Vivino is a good place to start. Here is an example! And if you willing to go up in price, then heaven is waiting for you! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200924/fff6bf65d85167679ac2a0cfb9e12b69.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9T using TapatalkAnd I forgot to mention Szekszárd which given as an example

09-24-2020, 10:09 AM
I know... I have to give my vote to Hungarian wine.

I have been to Eger and I was pleasantly surprised with the Hungarian wine culture. Good stuff.

Melki
09-24-2020, 10:09 AM
Just for curiosity .... I went watch which is the most expensive red wine available in ALKO Finland.

It is this one from France:

https://cdn.ct-static.com/labels/09d73dcb-31aa-4b1a-a166-558e69ece506.jpg

Now, no doubts there are even much more expensive wines in the World than that one. Plus note that our price incl. huge local taxes, but still? 8999,90eur per bottle. 10 cents under 9000euros for one 0,75l bottle.

Now then, if people are saying here that French wines are the best, are you saying that like saying: Italian cars are best (because of Ferrari etc.)? Or are we saying that because of quality of French wines which normal people are also able to buy and drink ... are the best?

Secondly which price range wines you normally buy? I know what some wines costs with pretty light taxes (have been in Latvia for example).

It may be only wine for you, but oenologists and sommeliers make no mistake about it.

The wine shown on your picture is precisely the most expensive wine in the world: Romanée Conti, a red Bourgogne. As I mentioned in a previous post, two years ago, a bottle of the 1945 vintage was sold at an auction for 558 000 dollars, because 1945 was an exceptional year for that wine, but above all because there are only few bottles from that year left in the world.
A wine is not expensive because it has a French sticker on it, but because of its gustatory quality, its savoriness...

And the most expensive wine doesn't necessarily mean that it's the best. In the case of Romanée Conti, the harvest conditions play a significant role. Burgundy has a harsher climate than the Bordeaux area, therefore there are less exceptional Bourgogne than Bordeaux. Hence the skyhigh price.
The five Bordeaux premiers crus Château Haut-Brion, Château Lafite Rothschild, Château Latour, Château Margaux or Château Mouton Rothschild are more praised than the best Bourgogne, although they are less expensive (around 3 500 Euros for a Château Latour in a wine outlet, and from 25 000 Euros for a Romanée Conti).

Melki
09-24-2020, 10:25 AM
Portugal, hands down. French and Italian wine have good marketing behind their products and while they produce good wines they are absolutely not worth their price tag most of the time. Very few wines are worth spending more than 30 bucks on them. You are paying for a premium label when you could just get a bottle of Portuguese wine for one third of the cost that will be equally as good if not better. It is the same with Scotch, anything that costs more than $100 will not be better, you are just paying for a "premium" experience.

How do you know French and Italian wines are overrated and are just a matter of "marketing"?

Have you ever tried a vintage Château d'Yquem or a Montrachet Côte de Beaune ?
I'm sure not. Because neither you nor I can afford it.

When you look at a wine estate from the Bordeaux area, you immediately understand that tradition means something to the French (marketing, oh my God :picard1:)

https://zupimages.net/up/20/39/106x.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/39/106x.jpg)

The southern Euro inferiority complex towards the French is a bottomless pit (we make better wine, better cheese, our capital city is more pretty than Paris, we are lighter than the French, look at this blonde judge or at this basketball player, we have less blacks...:picard2:)

Faklon
09-24-2020, 10:33 AM

Looks rather dubious mate, Brits here consider wine a semi-exotic drink and Italians are mad for it.

This makes more sense,

The World’s Biggest Wine Drinkers 2017
(https://www.movehub.com/blog/wine-consumption-worldwide-2017/)

Portugal again is on the top but the overall breakdown seems more balanced.

Faklon
09-24-2020, 10:37 AM
better cheese

That's absolutely true, much healthier cheese on top of that.

Finnish Swede
09-24-2020, 10:52 AM
Opinions might vary, but as I come from Scandinavia (not from any wine culture areas) ... for me what I eat at lunch or at dinner is always more important than what I'll drink (that my food is excellent). Of course good right kind of wine will support taste of food ... but still support. Or, that is how I think. Opinions might vary.

Based on my thinking: I would not easily go to buy wine which is much more expensive than food I'll eat. Personally I do not care about wines which are more expensive than 25 euros (here). I rarely buy any over 20 euros either (Christmas etc. maybe). Most of time price range is both sides of 10 euros (+/- 2 euros).

If I would be rich person, all what I wrote above would be fully meaningless. But I'm not. Like most of us.

Plus another question someway close to thread's topic. I have understood that global warming has started to cause headaches to some wine producers (wine areas/ wine countries). How you see future of wine producing/ wine industry? Who will be winners and who not?

09-24-2020, 11:15 AM
How do you know French and Italian wines are overrated and are just a matter of "marketing"?

Have you ever tried a vintage Château d'Yquem or a Montrachet Côte de Beaune ?
I'm sure not. Because neither you nor I can afford it.

When you look at a wine estate from the Bordeaux area, you immediately understand that tradition means something to the French (marketing, oh my God :picard1:)

https://zupimages.net/up/20/39/106x.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/39/106x.jpg)

The southern Euro inferiority complex towards the French is a bottomless pit (we make better wine, better cheese, our capital city is more pretty than Paris, we are lighter than the French, look at this blonde judge or at this basketball player, we have less blacks...:picard2:)

We can not afford it because it is a collectors item. You are paying for a collectors item, not for what the wine is actually worth or what it costed to be produced.

Most of what you are paying for is marketing and the brand value, that is noticeable in wines that have a price difference of $20, let alone wines that cost thousands of euros. You have to be very naive not to believe that.

An example with two American wines:

https://media.winefolly.com/cheap-vs-expensive-wine.png

All I want is a nice wine to go with a lovely meal I do not want to memorize the lineage of every Chateau in Bordeaux dating back to 1389. Perhaps we also have inferiority complexes in relation to French "sissyness"\pretentiousness but regarding wines I can assure you that there is no complex. Most Portuguese stand by their wine. Nobody consumes imported wine in here, not matter if cheap or expensive because we know we are not missing out, our grapes rival with those of the fancy wine producers.

Melki
09-24-2020, 01:53 PM
We can not afford it because it is a collectors item. You are paying for a collectors item, not for what the wine is actually worth or what it costed to be produced.

Most of what you are paying for is marketing and the brand value, that is noticeable in wines that have a price difference of $20, let alone wines that cost thousands of euros. You have to be very naive not to believe that.

An example with two American wines:

https://media.winefolly.com/cheap-vs-expensive-wine.png

All I want is a nice wine to go with a lovely meal I do not want to memorize the lineage of every Chateau in Bordeaux dating back to 1389. Perhaps we also have inferiority complexes in relation to French "sissyness"\pretentiousness but regarding wines I can assure you that there is no complex. Most Portuguese stand by their wine. Nobody consumes imported wine in here, not matter if cheap or expensive because we know we are not missing out, our grapes rival with those of the fancy wine producers.

lol. You know nothing about wine industry. :picard2:

Your analys is based on American wine, the United States is the country where marketing is king. Some US-produced sparkling wines even use the term Champagne on their labels, a blasphemy in France!

In Europe wines are subject to very strict restrictions on yield and vine variety. In Bordeaux, The Official Classification of 1855 was requested by Emperor Napoleon III for Bordeaux wines. Brokers from the wine industry ranked the wines according to a château's reputation and trading prices, and guess what? This classification is still valid today, with almost no exception throughout history.
All factors play a decisive role in a wine's reputation: the oak barrel (yes, it makes a huge difference whether it's American or French oak), the cork, the noble rot, just everything. Why do you think the world's best sommeliers are able to identify any kind of wine by grape variety, estate, year of release...all this with eyes closed? Do you really think the reputation depends only on a label on the bottle?
Wow, this would make of sommelier the easiest of all well-paid jobs on Earth. Where do I sign? You are the naive one for that purpose.

And it's the same in Portugal, Porto is undoubtedly the best fortified wine in the world, not because Portuguese claim it, but because any wine expert will confirm it to you.
How would you react if I tell you that the best Portos are overrated and that they are equal and even inferior to any ordinary Spanish sherry? :rolleyes:

Last but not least, your map doesn't make any sense. Portuguese have the highest wine consum in Europe. So and what? How could this mean they produce the best wines? In your map, Romanians consum more wine than Spaniards (17 liters per capita according to the map), but it's because Spaniards are staunch cerveza-drinkers, not because they make poor-quality wines.

09-24-2020, 04:37 PM
lol. You know nothing about wine industry. :picard2:

Do you know how to make wine or have you ever done it? Most Portuguese members in here probably have, from harvest to the final product on the table. Could not care less about your pretentious French chicness.

Your analys is based on American wine, the United States is the country where marketing is king. Some US-produced sparkling wines even use the term Champagne on their labels, a blasphemy in France!

The expert on the wine industry that claims that only the U.S. cares about marketing and brand value...all the regulations you have in France are not meant to protect its controlled denomination and regional\brand value, at all!...

In Europe wines are subject to very strict restrictions on yield and vine variety. In Bordeaux, The Official Classification of 1855 was requested by Emperor Napoleon III for Bordeaux wines. Brokers from the wine industry ranked the wines according to a château's reputation and trading prices, and guess what? This classification is still valid today, with almost no exception throughout history.
All factors play a decisive role in a wine's reputation: the oak barrel (yes, it makes a huge difference whether it's American or French oak), the cork, the noble rot, just everything. Why do you think the world's best sommeliers are able to identify any kind of wine by grape variety, estate, year of release...all this with eyes closed? Do you really think the reputation depends only on a label on the bottle?
Wow, this would make of sommelier the easiest of all well-paid jobs on Earth. Where do I sign? You are the naive one for that purpose.

Only enthusiasts with years of practice can identify something like that blindfolded.

"Over 500 people tasted wine flights composed from 523 different wines ranging in price from $1.65 to $150. They then answered the question “Overall, how do you find the wine?”

The bottom line is that in blind tastings of regular people, there is no correlation between the wines they like and the price of the wine. In fact, the paper found a slightly negative correlation, suggesting that regular people actually prefer cheaper wines.

Among wine experts (people with formal wine training), the test found a slight positive correlation between the price of wine and the scores assigned by the reviewers. Experts, it seems, really do prefer more expensive wine according to the experiment. About 12% of the participants were labeled “expert,” because they had some wine training, such as a sommelier course."

Source: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-decision-tree/201207/cheap-and-expensive-wine-taste-the-same-in-blind-taste-tests

The background story of some item like a bottle of wine influences our expectations and changes our interpretation. If I pour some 50€ wine into a 1000€ bottle and give it to you most likely you will say that it was the best wine you have ever had...

And it's the same in Portugal, Porto is undoubtedly the best fortified wine in the world, not because Portuguese claim it, but because any wine expert will confirm it to you.
How would you react if I tell you that the best Portos are overrated and that they are equal and even inferior to any ordinary Spanish sherry? :rolleyes:

A lot of expensive Porto wine is overpriced and overrated. If not preserved correctly you might get an expensive Porto bottle with 50 years old that will have wine lees at the bottom, which will be a horrible experience. You are paying for how many years that they had the wine stocked without profiting anything from it plus the collectible\enthusiast value, not really how much the actual product is worth.

Last but not least, your map doesn't make any sense. Portuguese have the highest wine consum in Europe. So and what? How could this mean they produce the best wines? In your map, Romanians consum more wine than Spaniards (17 liters per capita according to the map), but it's because Spaniards are staunch cerveza-drinkers, not because they make poor-quality wines.

It means they should know something about wine. You can place France on your top 10 list as number one but I can not say that for me it is Portugal without having you go hysterical and projecting that every "Southerner" has inferiority complexes. This is the opposite of feeling inferior, this is me acknowledging the quality of what we produce in here and standing by it. I could name a lot of stuff that we do not do well but wine certainly is not one of them.

09-24-2020, 04:57 PM
Massive Côte du Rhône fine-wine fraud uncovered by French police

Some 66.5 million bottles of wine, the equivalent of 13 Olympic sized swimming pools full of plonk, was falsely sold as high quality Côtes-du-Rhône wine, French officials have revealed.
Almost half a million hectolitres of wine was sold off under the Côtes du Rhône AOC label - which denotes both the geographical origin of the wine and a certification of quality.

Some of the wine, 10,000 litres in fact, was even falsely sold under the renowned Chateauneuf-du-Pape AOP label, the commercial value off which was €7000,000.

The massive fraud was revealed in a report this week by France's consumer fraud body the Direction Générale de la Concurrence, de la Consommation et de la Répression des Fraudes (DGCDRF).

Their inquiry into the 2017 scam unearthed a "massive misuse of the Côtes-du-Rhône label" including by a major wine producer, which has not been named.

But DGCCRF chief executive Virginie Beaumeunier told the press that the "CEO of the company" was "indicted for deception and fraud".

Wine fraud in France has become an issue for authorities and customers alike in recent years with the problem being highlighted by the jailing in 2016 of a French wine baron.

Francois-Marie Marret was given a two-year sentence for fraud for blending poor quality wine with high-end Saint-Emilions, Lalande-de-Pomerols and Listrac-Medocs to sell to major supermarkets under prestigious labels.

The 800,000-litre (211,000-gallon) "moon wine" fraud, so called because the cheap wine was spirited to his operation by night, was uncovered thanks to the diligent work of French customs inspectors.

Source: https://www.thelocal.fr/20180316/massive-cte-du-rhne-fine-wine-fraud-smashed-by-french-police

Probably the type of overpriced wine Melki would buy and swear by that it is the best wine ever.

Universe
09-24-2020, 05:20 PM
TA has lots of wine experts per capita. Personally I don't care much about wines. ( I know it's sold as something 'high brow' and 'intellectual' but I don't see it as such)
All of them are the same to me.

Melki
09-25-2020, 10:03 AM
Do you know how to make wine or have you ever done it? Most Portuguese members in here probably have, from harvest to the final product on the table. Could not care less about your pretentious French chicness.

The expert on the wine industry that claims that only the U.S. cares about marketing and brand value...all the regulations you have in France are not meant to protect its controlled denomination and regional\brand value, at all!...

Only enthusiasts with years of practice can identify something like that blindfolded.

"Over 500 people tasted wine flights composed from 523 different wines ranging in price from $1.65 to $150. They then answered the question “Overall, how do you find the wine?”

The bottom line is that in blind tastings of regular people, there is no correlation between the wines they like and the price of the wine. In fact, the paper found a slightly negative correlation, suggesting that regular people actually prefer cheaper wines.

Among wine experts (people with formal wine training), the test found a slight positive correlation between the price of wine and the scores assigned by the reviewers. Experts, it seems, really do prefer more expensive wine according to the experiment. About 12% of the participants were labeled “expert,” because they had some wine training, such as a sommelier course."

Source: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-decision-tree/201207/cheap-and-expensive-wine-taste-the-same-in-blind-taste-tests

The background story of some item like a bottle of wine influences our expectations and changes our interpretation. If I pour some 50€ wine into a 1000€ bottle and give it to you most likely you will say that it was the best wine you have ever had...

A lot of expensive Porto wine is overpriced and overrated. If not preserved correctly you might get an expensive Porto bottle with 50 years old that will have wine lees at the bottom, which will be a horrible experience. You are paying for how many years that they had the wine stocked without profiting anything from it plus the collectible\enthusiast value, not really how much the actual product is worth.

It means they should know something about wine. You can place France on your top 10 list as number one but I can not say that for me it is Portugal without having you go hysterical and projecting that every "Southerner" has inferiority complexes. This is the opposite of feeling inferior, this is me acknowledging the quality of what we produce in here and standing by it. I could name a lot of stuff that we do not do well but wine certainly is not one of them.

1/ The title of the thread is "which country makes the best wine". According to experts and specialists, overall it's France (with Italy and California as serious contenders). Period. However the title of the poll is "which wine do you prefer?" which is more subjective. I don't mind you prefer Portuguese wine. Many Hungarians and Romanian members have expressed their preference for their national wines (which are good, but it's also the only wines they've ever tasted in their life).
The problem is that you stated that the French wines are overpriced and overrated, and that they don't deserve their high reputation, their over-the-top prices not being justified. This is totally wrong, and you may understand that I must firmly contradict you.

2/ As for myself, I'm not a wine expert. And I know I would not be able to tell the difference between a Champagne and a good Spanish Cava or Crémant de Luxembourg. My taste buds are not trained enough. But wine experts can. It's not only an intellectual thing: wines may taste all the same to Universe or Finnish Swede but not to a professional oenologist.
I would have been lured by the wine fraud, tasting a plonk a taking for granted it's a noble wine. But once again, I'm not a specialist, I leave that job to others. I'm only a wine enthusiast who purchase the bottles I can afford. And as long as I do it with pleasure, it's no shame. Period.

3/ That's the reason why your blind tasting involving regular persons doesn't make any sense. Only trained experts with years of practice can tell them apart from one another with eyes closed, as pointed out by yourself. Not all sommeliers are equal. Like in sports, there are champions and losers. It's not because you participated in a course and had some basic training that you will become an expert working in a five stars hotel.

4/ I don't deny that marketing is relevant in wine industry, but in Europe, and France in particular, tradition matters more. You can't so easily cheat with the origins and the vinification process to boost up your sales the same way some American producers do. French authorities don't kid with wine, our prestige and our credibility are at stake. Frauds and traffic involving wine are a national shame and sooner or later they are discovered.

5/ Sadly, a lot of Porto brands are overrated and overpriced but not the best ones. It's important to be well-guided and know all the information before any purchase.

TA has lots of wine experts per capita. Personally I don't care much about wines. ( I know it's sold as something 'high brow' and 'intellectual' but I don't see it as such)
All of them are the same to me.

says the man with a very "high-brow French" avatar. Isn't it ironic? :rolleyes:

Finnish Swede
09-25-2020, 10:18 AM
Just one curiosity (part of mental differences between Europeans ...)

Many alcohol drinks have been determined/specified (= protected) very tightly ... what can be called (marketing wise): Cognacs, Champagnes, Whiskeys etc. ... where those are produced, how those are produced not to talking about pure raw materials. Except one. Vodka.

Under name of Vodka one can (is allowed) sell almost anything if just alcohol % is high enough. If Vodka would had been product of some others than Northern Europeans ... that would hardly be so.

magicalM
09-25-2020, 04:35 PM
I have been to Eger and I was pleasantly surprised with the Hungarian wine culture. Good stuff.Good to hear! There are some hidden treasures there for sure due to the microclimate.

Truen
09-25-2020, 05:32 PM
I dont like Wine its discusting! only German Beer :)

ModernMaskil
09-25-2020, 05:36 PM
I dont like Wine its discusting! only German Beer :)

Bruh our ancestors have literally been drinking wine at least once a week for the last few thousand years.
Leave the Mediterranean, pleb.

Truen
09-25-2020, 05:39 PM
Bruh our ancestors have literally been drinking wine at least once a week for the last few thousand years.
Leave the Mediterranean, pleb.

and nowdays most of us drink Tirush in the Kiddosh.