PDA

View Full Version : Fascinating 1 hour 35 minute film from North Korea exposing Western propaganda

Fortis in Arduis
11-10-2012, 11:02 PM
I like this North Korean film, as much as it disturbs me.

6NMr2VrhmFI

The message that the best propaganda is simple, bland and meaningless, so that it appeals to the majority rings sadly true in the Western context.

We are confronted with 'Support our Troops', 'Change', 'Democracy' and so forth.

So, whilst I shall not be subscribing to the Juche ideals straight away, I see their point all too clearly, just as the North Koreans see the folly of our regimes... :eek:

EDIT: This film is bang-on, and bang up to date. I can only applaud North Korea. North Koreans clearly have incredibly sharp geo-political awareness. I am truly astounded by the excellent content.

Virtuous
11-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Don't know which is more scary, either being a slave and knowing it or being a slave and not knowing.

Kemalisté
11-10-2012, 11:39 PM
I'll definitely watch this sometime. Long live the Democratic People's Republic of Korea!

Fortis in Arduis
11-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Don't know which is more scary, either being a slave and knowing it or being a slave and not knowing.

Their critique of the Western religions and consumerism is brilliant.

I am just watching their explanation of the "tweeny" market as corporate paedophilia.

They also deconstruct celebrities Kim Kardashian and Madonna, beautifully I might say, describing Madonna and "Brangelina" as "shopping for children in third world countries".

The film also deconstructs reality TV. I love this film!

I would suggest that to be awakened, and in search of freedom is far preferable.

Onur
11-11-2012, 12:25 AM
The description of religion, the God in old testament is spot on.

Watch from 19:15min. to 21:10min.

34:00min to 36:30min. is also interesting. It`s about the discovery of America.

Fortis in Arduis
11-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Their analysis is just brilliant, but I still want the right to hold private property, and to believe in my supreme being, rather than a human being whom I would expected to deify, like Kim Jong Un.

Nevertheless, I prefer Kim Jong Un to Kim Kardashian.

Scholarios
01-10-2013, 10:31 AM
This is definitely a bullshit documentary made by New Zealanders not North Koreans.

Albion
01-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Yes, rampant consumerism is bad, but I can't help but think that it is usually the worst offenders that speak out against it.
What do North Koreans know about it anyway? How are we supposed to get a decent opinion from a country that hasn't experienced it? Why not make a video in some Eastern European country, they seem to be more transitional in nature and so the views will be more balanced.

The extent of consumerism does sicken me though. People are buying too much crap and all it's doing is fueling the rise of East Asia (since most goods they buy are cheap imports from there).

Strict Communism clearly isn't the answer though, capitalism works okay, it just needs tweaking from time to time.

Hurrem sultana
01-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Good one,they are so right when you think about it!

"professinal liars"-our media!

Ibericus
01-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Western societies are fucked up but North Korea is much worse, there they are even more out of touch with reality,

Stanley
01-27-2013, 12:58 AM
I made it 45 minutes. The irony of North Koreans delineating on propaganda was far too thick for me to carry on any further than the three-quarters of an hour mark. A fascination for how humans have the tendency to lap up like a dog anything that fits their preconceived notions was my only reason for making it as far as I did.

At its core this movie is no better than the thing it presumes to criticize. In fact this is the possibly biggest reel of propaganda I've ever seen. Is that not what propaganda so often is, a bunch of images spliced together to create the mirage of some grave, insidious danger on the horizon? How can they sincerely make the claim that propaganda was first created by the British is 1914? Propaganda has gone hand-in-hand with social hierarchy throughout human history, it is hardly something endemic to the West.

As for the actual contents of the video, my brain undergoes an automatic disconnect whenever themes of devious global overlords pop up, as they unfortunately invariably do in any critical evaluation of the modern sociopolitical world. The thought of high-up men sitting around plotting how to satiate their megalomania at the expense of world destruction is so far out of touch with reality as to not even be laughable.

The truth is that the overwhelming majority of human beings believe that what they are doing is good. This includes the leaders of the Western world, who, I should point out, are not leaders in the dictatorial sense that North Koreans are accustomed to but rather as a myriad of persons with various checks and balances upon each other operating under the adherence to a set of ideas which they genuinely believe to be good and right, no matter how much one may disagree with them personally. An anti-globalist North Korean to a neoconservative is analogous to a humanist to a Nazi.

I somehow don't think I've changed anyone's mind. Ah, oh well.