PDA

View Full Version : The Great Turk - Mustafa Kemal Ataturk

Prengs
11-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Being blonde with blue eyes are not really proof since it's known that there are Cumans, Kipchaks and some Yörük groups with those features. Some Albanians are so ethno-centrists that they try to show famous figures who have nothing to do with them as their own, maybe because they do not have much things to be proud of, we should understand them.

Hey joke, it is Turks (historians and journalist) who claimed about his origin not Albanians (Show me any albanian historian or article)
His friend Mehmet Akif Ersoy (poet of the Turkish National Anthem) was half Albanian by sure.

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Hey joke, it is Turks (historians and journalist) who claimed about his origin not Albanians (Show me any albanian historian or article)
His friend Mehmet Akif Ersoy (poet of the Turkish National Anthem) was half Albanian by sure.

Still continuing doing it :picard2: then don't cry when I say '' inferiority complex ''. Because you don't have much things to be proud of and pick others values.

Oh, and, Ersoy was not really a friend of Ataturk. They had some ideologicial conflicts. But you can take Athillas Thasos if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gON3RfPd4ks

We are trying to palm people off on others but apparently those Albanians are so keen on owning more notable people who have nothing to do with them :D

Prengs
11-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Still continuing doing it :picard2: then don't cry when I say '' inferiority complex ''. Because you don't have much things to be proud of and pick others values.

Oh, and, Ersoy was not really a friend of Ataturk. They had some ideologicial conflicts. But you can take Athillas Thasos if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gON3RfPd4ks

You are delusional dude you little communist, as i said show me any article when Albanians claim him? ...We have alot heroes and figures to proud.

Mehmet and Ataturk in the past were very friendly (thats why he been chosen to writte Turkish National Anthem).

Aura
11-11-2012, 10:20 PM
@Kemalishte even Ataturk was turkish nationalist he was great leader and internationally famous so albanians have also the right to be proud of his origin bcs family and origin always are strong elements for someones career :)

@slavic blood stop being jelly :P

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 10:21 PM
He was paternally Albanian, that's no secret Prengs. I don't think there's anyone who denies that.

Who cares. I don't like that bigot anyway. And btw, he was not chosen to write the national anthem, he joined a competition organized hurriedly in order to select the national anthem during the conditions of the war and the poem he wrote won. And it was the parliament that chose the anthem, not specially Ataturk. And considering that it was the first parliament full of pro-Caliphate and pro-Islamic people during the war when Ataturk had not regulated it yet.

So, the lyrics of the national anthem are full of religious nonsense, Ataturk as we all know could never tolerate such a thing representing our nation, that he even changed the word '' Allah '' into '' Tanri '' (God) when he decided to translate Adhan. Maybe he did not have much time to change it while on some important reforms and foreign issues such as Hatay.

Azalea
@Kemalishte even Ataturk was turkish nationalist he was great leader and internationally famous so albanians have also the right to be proud of his origin bcs family and origin always are strong elements for someones career :)

He is not Albanian

STFU already.

Su
Guys, if you are one the people who thinks Ataturk was NOT a Turk but of a foreign origin, you will have to show reliable sources otherwise it is just nonsense.

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 10:23 PM

Well, if Ataturk said something like '' I'm proud to be Albanian '' you would be right. But sorry, he never talked about his roots, and it's not even clear that he was Albanian anyway, it's a claim with no respectable evidence, so, that's nonsense and not something we can tolerate.

Aura
11-11-2012, 10:24 PM
He is not Albanian

STFU already.

honey, being atheist and anti islamic in that level that Ataturk was I doubt that his origin is mongolid and not albanian

mysticism
11-11-2012, 10:27 PM
On the interwebz Albanians claim Greek, Serbian and Turkish historical figures

meanwhiles in Albania:

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/2286447_700b.jpg
:cool:

Azalea
11-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I will stop responding to Aura. I feel like my IQ drops a few points every time I respond to her.

Though, I would like to know why the Turkish user Kemaliste thanked this post of Aura:

honey, being atheist and anti islamic in that level that Ataturk was I doubt that his origin is mongolid and not albanian

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 10:31 PM
I will stop responding to Aura. I feel like my IQ drops a few points every time I respond to her.

Though, I would like to know why the Turkish user Kemaliste thanked this post of Aura:

I like his reference. It's your problem if you did not get the irony. I believe Ataturk was not the subject there.

Azalea
11-11-2012, 10:32 PM
What reference? Who's he? What are you talking about?

Azalea
11-11-2012, 10:33 PM
I like his reference. It's your problem if you did not get the irony. I believe Ataturk was not the subject there.
There is no irony in the message.

Ataturk was not the subject? Are you high?

Anatolian Eagle
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM

It's not really certain if he was of Albanian roots, there are souces that cite this but Falih Rıfkı Atay (who happens to be a close friend of Atatürk) cited that his father (Ali Rıza Effendi) was descended from Turks of Western Anatolia (Aydın city), but even if he was of Albanian origin, above all he was a sucessful Turkish nationalist and that's the most important thing :thumb001:

Prengs
11-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Slavic Blood, go brainwash to Jovan Deretic (your great historian) :picard1:

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 10:39 PM
There is no irony in the message.

Ataturk was not the subject? Are you high?

I think she emphasized how Mongolians are anti-Islam, and he associated Ataturk's actions with that. It's not like she really implied that Ataturk was a Mongolian by origin.

So tiring to express something to people with a lower IQ... Don't worry, I'm far smarter than you even when drunk.

Aura
11-11-2012, 10:39 PM

I dont get you who is HE?
ok got it(fixed)

mysticism
11-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Slavic Blood, go brainwash to Jovan Deretic (your great historian) :picard1:

Deretic is extremely unpopular with Serbs and myself am not a fan :picard1:

Azalea
11-11-2012, 10:42 PM
I think she emphasized how Mongolians are anti-Islam, and he associated Ataturk's actions with that. It's not like she really implied that Ataturk was a Mongolian by origin.

So tiring to express something to people with a lower IQ...

You are either fucked up in the head or have big fantasy. It's one of the two.

If you take in consideration Aura's earliers posts, you'll understand that she refers to Turks as Mongoloids. So Mongolid in her post meant Turk.

:picard2:

TheMagnificent
11-11-2012, 10:42 PM

Which anti-Islamist makes possible the establishment of a Ministry of Religious Affairs and gives orders for a translation of the Quran, I ask myself. :confused:

Anatolian Eagle
11-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Who cares. I don't like that bigot anyway. And btw, he was not chosen to write the national anthem, he joined a competition organized hurriedly in order to select the national anthem during the conditions of the war and the poem he wrote won. And it was the parliament that chose the anthem, not specially Ataturk. And considering that it was the first parliament full of pro-Caliphate and pro-Islamic people during the war when Ataturk had not regulated it yet.

So, the lyrics of the national anthem are full of religious nonsense, Ataturk as we all know could never tolerate such a thing representing our nation, that he even changed the word '' Allah '' into '' Tanri '' (God) when he decided to translate Adhan. Maybe he did not have much time to change it while on some important reforms and foreign issues such as Hatay.

I agree but it's our national anthem and we should respect it. He was pro-Islamic at first but he turned nationalistic later in his life, the anthem is written somewhere between this timeline of his life. Btw "Allah" was never used in the anthem.

arcticwolf
11-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I love the way y'all reason! Keep it coming! :D

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 10:48 PM
I agree but it's our national anthem and we should respect it. He was pro-Islamic at first but he turned nationalistic later in his life, the anthem is written somewhere between this timeline of his life. Btw "Allah" was never used in the anthem.

I think you didn't get the point. I was pointing out that a man who could not even tolerate the word Allah would not tolerate an anthem full of religious reference. And Ersoy was always a religious nationalist, pro-Caliphate and never approved Ataturk's reforms.

Aura
11-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Ataturk:
In human life, you will find players of religion until the knowledge and proficiency in religion will be cleansed from all superstitions, and will be purified and perfected by the enlightenment of real science.
Speech (October 1927); quoted in Ataturk’ten Dusunceler by E. Z. Karal, p .59

I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea.

Men, I am not ordering you to attack. I am ordering you to die

I can smell his albanian blood :D

Azalea
11-11-2012, 10:50 PM
I think you didn't get the point. I was pointing out that a man who could not even tolerate the word Allah would not tolerate an anthem full of religious reference. And Ersoy was always a religious nationalist, pro-Caliphate and never approved Ataturk's reforms.

Changing the Adzan from Arabic to Turkish was not even Ataturk's idea, smartass.

TheMagnificent
11-11-2012, 10:53 PM
I think he means the part about the adhan in the national anthem:

Rűhumun senden, ilâhi, şudur ancak emeli;
Değmesin mabedimin göğsüne na-mahrem eli!
Bu ezanlar ki şahadetleri dinin temeli,
Ebedi yurdumun üstünde benim inlemeli.

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Which anti-Islamist makes possible the establishment of a Ministry of Religious Affairs and gives orders for a translation of the Quran, I ask myself. :confused:

You know why Ataturk translated Qur'an ? it writes in Kazim Karabekir's notes (Ataturk's arm friend)

- Yes Karabekir, I'll have Qur'an translated in order to reveal the rubbish of the son of Arabs. And I'll have it taught in the schools that way. Until they do not continue being deceived and being fool.

The establishment of the Ministry of Religious Affairs was a good move of Ataturk to keep the religion under control, so some anti-regime extremists could not manipulate it and it was necessary to persuade the religious people to accept the reforms.

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Changing the Adzan from Arabic to Turkish was not even Ataturk's idea, smartass.

Look at the girl calling me high :D but I'll just take you seriously and ask, whose then ?

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 10:59 PM

Is it irony as well ?

Aura
11-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Is it irony as well ?

for sure it's not :)

Anatolian Eagle
11-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Ataturk:
In human life, you will find players of religion until the knowledge and proficiency in religion will be cleansed from all superstitions, and will be purified and perfected by the enlightenment of real science.
Speech (October 1927); quoted in Ataturk’ten Dusunceler by E. Z. Karal, p .59

I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea.

Men, I am not ordering you to attack. I am ordering you to die

Dear this is not a Albanian-only trait, do you smell Ersoy's Albanian blood aswell? :D

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 11:02 PM
for sure it's not :)

So, Mehmet Akif Ersoy was an Albanian as well, and it's a fact unlike unfounded claims about Ataturk. But he was an extremely fundamentalist bigot and pro-Sharia. So, that's nonsense.

Aura
11-11-2012, 11:11 PM
So, Mehmet Akif Ersoy was an Albanian as well, and it's a fact unlike unfounded claims about Ataturk. But he was an extremely fundamentalist bigot and pro-Sharia. So, that's nonsense.

It's first time that I hear about this guy...

The beautiful thing is that you accepted that Ataturk is albanian, I'm reading his quotes now and he impressed me. I must visit Turkey :D

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 11:12 PM
It's first time that I hear about this guy...

That's why you were being silly.

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Why are some Turks going batshit crazy here over some rumours?

Why are some Albanians with an inferiority complex trying to shamelessly own some notable people who have nothing to do with them ? the answer is hidden in the question.

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 11:17 PM
The beautiful thing is that you accepted that Ataturk is albanian

So, you've begun to believe in your own fabrications now ? so pathetic.

Su
11-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Come on guys, don't insult each other. Keep it cool without using insults, use your words + sources.

Kemalisté
11-11-2012, 11:21 PM

Look at the girl calling me high :D but I'll just take you seriously and ask, whose then ?

In case it's forgotten, still waiting for an answer.

Anatolian Eagle
11-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Why are some Turks going batshit crazy here over some rumours?

It must be due to the Balkan influence over Turks :D

Aura
11-11-2012, 11:35 PM
My point was not to claim that he is not Turkish, albanians don't need Ataturk as we don't need Mehmet ali Pasa (famous king of Egypt) but this don't disprove their albanian origin, it's well known that albanians were very successful as individuals in that empire and that's because of our tradition and culture who influenced them to be great leaders in that level.

mysticism
11-11-2012, 11:42 PM
C'mon aura, stop trollin the Turks :)
Come and let me exorcise the demon outta you :laugh:

Aura
11-11-2012, 11:46 PM
shut up, mu cousins can kill you for that

and we are talking about Ataturk who is obviously more important even from your cross

Anglojew
11-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Ataturk was from a crypto-Jewish family from Greece.

Su
11-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Ataturk was from a crypto-Jewish family from Greece.

I said before as well, word+sources.

Can we get your facts for him being a Crypto-Jew ?

TheMagnificent
11-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Aw Jeez, not this shit again. :picard2:

Loki
11-11-2012, 11:54 PM

and we are talking about Ataturk who is obviously more important even from your cross

Why are you Albanians always trolling Turks? And I mean, always. :rolleyes: It's becoming boring.

Anatolian Eagle
11-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Atatürk was an Albanian by ethniticy and crypto-Jew by religion who pretended to be Turkish in his whole lifetime.

Now take some rest, guys and gals.

Aura
11-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Why are you Albanians always trolling Turks? And I mean, always. :rolleyes: It's becoming boring.
Seriously Loki where do you see the trolling here?! isn't allowed to talk about his origin? for me Ataturk is very interesting personality and historical figure, I respect him. ok :S

MfA_
11-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Atatürk was an Albanian by ethniticy and crypto-Jew by religion who pretended to be Turkish in his whole lifetime.

Now take some rest, guys and gals.

His grandmother was actually a Persian..

Tannis approved

mysticism
11-12-2012, 12:03 AM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/26/a124b779-14f1-4470-a0ae-6d13f084919c.jpg

Do you love Ataturk more than me Aura?

Anatolian Eagle
11-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Btw I personally actually respect Aura's opinion here. Not that I agree with her about origins, but I appreciate her views on Atatürk's personality, career and achievements.

Anglojew
11-12-2012, 12:07 AM
I said before as well, word+sources.

Can we get your facts for him being a Crypto-Jew ?

First thing to say is I don't think it's a conspiracy Theory I think he loved Turkey and was sincere. He was a Donmeh. Look it up. For instance he told Ben Gurion and recited the Shema (Jewish prayer).

Lots of Turks are donmeh like Ahmet Davutoğlu they are usually the most anti-israel trying to prove they're loyal Turks even subconsciously.

Su
11-12-2012, 12:11 AM
First thing to say is I don't think it's a conspiracy Theory I think he loved Turkey and was sincere. He was a Donmeh. Look it up. For instance he told Ben Gurion and recited the Shema (Jewish prayer).

Lots of Turks are donmeh like Ahmet Davutoğlu they are usually the most anti-israel trying to prove they're loyal Turks even subconsciously.

Ahmet Davutoglu is from Konya...It's not even Western Turkey, it's Central Anatolia and Konya is famous for having religious people.

Can you prove your arguments? So far there was no proof neither for Ataturk nor for Davutoglu.

MfA_
11-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Ahmet Davutoglu is from Konya...It's not even Western Turkey, it's Central Anatolia and Konya is famous for having religious people.

Can you prove your arguments? So far there was no proof neither for Ataturk nor for Davutoglu.

I dont think his backside has internet connection..

Cannabis Sativa
11-12-2012, 12:34 AM

Davutoğlu is an ethnic Uzbek. His ancestors just migrated from Samarkand. Donmeah theories started to stink. Uzbeks are known with devout Islamic tendencies and Davutoğlu is that kind of Uzbek. That's plain and simple. Personally i would let Uzbeks to ravage most Izzies while smoking a quality cigar.

kabeiros
11-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Lots of Turks are donmeh like Ahmet Davutoğlu they are usually the most anti-israel trying to prove they're loyal Turks even subconsciously. Really? Now that's a good reason for Greeks and Armenians to dislike Jews

Anglojew
11-12-2012, 12:39 AM
http://www.nysun.com/opinion/ataturks-turkey-overturned/58997/

Anglojew
11-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Really? Now that's a good reason for Greeks and Armenians to dislike Jews

There's more Armenians in turkey than Donmeh so maybe you guys should hate yourself? Why does an idiot have to ruin every thread with anti Jewish bullshit. Donmeh exist google it its no conspiracy.

Su
11-12-2012, 12:42 AM
^It's an opinion of a Jew about Ataturk.

kabeiros
11-12-2012, 12:49 AM
There's more Armenians in turkey than Donmeh so maybe you guys should hate yourself? Why does an idiot have to ruin every thread with anti Jewish bullshit. Donmeh exist google it its no conspiracy.Jews are supposed to be intelligent but you are a moron. Where did I say that donmehs don't exist or that this is a conspiracy? If Ataturk was a crypto-Jew like many of the Young Turks, then Armenians, Anatolian Greeks and Assyrians should blame the Jews for the gennocide of Christians in the begining of the 20th century

Anglojew
11-12-2012, 01:02 AM
1. I think it was just his father so he wasn't really Jewish according to jewish law.

2. 1 guy couldn't kill 500,000 Greeks, 1 million Armenians and a million Assyrians. You can continue to blame the Turk for that.

3. Why is it that anytime one Jew does something bad all Jews are always to blame? He wasn't the leader of Israel he was the leader of the Turks. Even the evidence states he didn't consider himself Jewish just knew he had some Jewish ancestry. 80% of Palestinians have Jewish ancestry but that doesn't make us responsible for the PLO. Logic seems to have diminished in Greece since Plato.

4. Turks did nothing to Jews if anything they were kind. Doesn't stop israel being Greeces ally because of geopolitical reasons (eg Turkish government hostility). Greeks were historically much worse to us than Turks so I could use your argument against you as to why we should support Turkey.

kabeiros
11-12-2012, 01:05 AM
. Greeks were historically much worse to us than Turks so I could use your argument against you as to why we should support Turkey.What did Greeks do to the Jews that I'm not aware of?

Anglojew
11-12-2012, 01:35 AM
There's more Armenians in turkey than Donmeh so maybe you guys should hate yourself? Why does an idiot have to ruin every thread with anti Jewish bullshit. Donmeh exist google it its no conspiracy.

What did Greeks do to the Jews that I'm not aware of?

I don't want to dig up old hateds but there were many things such as the Odessa Pogroms (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odessa_pogroms#section_2).

Jews had few rights under Byzantine law with many emperors persecuting Jews.

Onur
11-12-2012, 09:05 AM
What did Greeks do to the Jews that I'm not aware of?
You better tell us the things that you are aware of, pretty much nothing.

As soon as you invaded Macedonia, you started to persecute jews and you even set fire whole jewish quarters in Salonika during Metaxas regime. Greek army also did same thing when they invaded Izmir. They confiscated all the jewish properties and burned their residences in there.

Kabeiros, did you ever think why there was not any diplomatic relation between Greece/Cyprus with Israel since 1948 `till recent months? Did you ever think why not even single Greek authority nor any Israeli officer visited each other`s country for about 60 years?

Kemalisté
11-12-2012, 04:21 PM
It rains on the tenth of november everytime, is it because the sky cries for Ataturk, or Ataturk cries for us ? :(

iNird
11-12-2012, 04:34 PM
It's not really certain if he was of Albanian roots, there are souces that cite this but Falih Rıfkı Atay (who happens to be a close friend of Atatürk) cited that his father (Ali Rıza Effendi) was descended from Turks of Western Anatolia (Aydın city), but even if he was of Albanian origin, above all he was a sucessful Turkish nationalist and that's the most important thing :thumb001:

I agree with this. There are some sources claiming he has Albanian heritage and his family was from Dibra (a predominate Albanian area) but he never declared himself as such. I don't think Ataturk ever did anything for Albania or Albanians so I don't understand the fascination about him from the Albanian perspective. It's the typical Balkan mentality of "your heroes belong to us."

alb0zfinest
11-12-2012, 05:30 PM
On the interwebz Albanians claim Greek, Serbian and Turkish historical figures

meanwhiles in Albania:

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/2286447_700b.jpg
:cool:

hahahah so you accept Kosovo as Albania :D

iNird
11-12-2012, 05:36 PM
hahahah so you accept Kosovo as Albania :D

I don't think he will understand this but ShkjaBlood that's a picture of Prishtina brah. Tho doesn't matter cuz Prishtina is Albania.

Hurrem sultana
11-12-2012, 05:37 PM
ll you cant find that even in Africa :D now i know why they say Albania is the last hole of europe :D

iNird
11-12-2012, 05:38 PM
ll you cant find that even in Africa :D now i know why they say Albania is the last hole of europe :D

The last hole of Europe? dafuq does that even mean?

:confused:

stick to praying in a miniskirt....

Hurrem sultana
11-12-2012, 05:39 PM
The last hole of Europe? dafuq does that even mean?

:confused:

Bosnian expression "Albanija zadnja rupa Evrope" or Bogu iza nogu,meaning behind the feets of God

not important,bad place...no one cares about you :D

iNird
11-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Bosnian expression "Albanija zadnja rupa Evrope"

BRB as I use Serbian Google translate for that.

ok

Hurrem sultana
11-12-2012, 05:46 PM
:D:thumb001:

alb0zfinest
11-12-2012, 05:53 PM

meanwhile in Sarajevo
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/6/642114-Rebuilt_Holiday_Inn_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.jpg
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/6/642116-Downtown_Sarajevo_in_Pictures_Bosnia_and_Herzegovi na.jpg

Hurrem sultana
11-12-2012, 05:59 PM
yeah destroyed by war,and now rebuilt ;)

our traffic is civilized though

Aura
11-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Ahhh honey, actually Bosna is proof that God has really great sense of humor!

Mraz
11-12-2012, 06:06 PM
I heard that there are people in Albania that lives in the mountain without water, roads and electricity....Is it true?

alb0zfinest
11-12-2012, 06:06 PM

Exacly rebuild in 2003 ;)
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/6/642114-Rebuilt_Holiday_Inn_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.jpg
The other taken in 2005 i think.

"our traffic is civilized though"
meanwhile in Bosnia and Herzegovina :D
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/4/1282098-Rush_hour_in_BiH_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.jpg

alb0zfinest
11-12-2012, 06:07 PM
I heard that there are people in Albania that lives in the mountain without water, roads and electricity....Is it true?

yeah there are some (very low numbers), just as im sure there are some in Bosnia.

iNird
11-12-2012, 06:08 PM

Maybe in some mountainous area but this is an extreme case. Most of these mountaineers have left for the city.

Hurrem sultana
11-12-2012, 06:11 PM
lol he took a photo from a village and compared it to a capital city :D yeah your capital is in the range of our villages

alb0zfinest
11-12-2012, 06:23 PM
lol he took a photo from a village and compared it to a capital city :D yeah your capital is in the range of our villages

Im sure the range of your capital is very high :D
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/6/642112-Downtown_Sarajevo_in_Pictures_Bosnia_and_Herzegovi na.jpg

Aura
11-12-2012, 06:24 PM
^^ Is it true that tourists go to Bosnia just to see how the middle east looks like? :D

Hurrem sultana
11-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Im sure the range of your capital is very high :D
http://cache.virtualtourist.com/6/642112-Downtown_Sarajevo_in_Pictures_Bosnia_and_Herzegovi na.jpg

that is the old part of the town,whats wrong?:rolleyes:

Hurrem sultana
11-12-2012, 06:26 PM
^^ Is it true that tourists go to Bosnia just to see how the middle east looks like? :D

Yes they like to see the mix of east and west,so?:rolleyes:

In Albania they dont dare to come :D

alb0zfinest
11-12-2012, 06:26 PM

That's just an insult to middle easterners. Bosnians haven't reached that "high" level yet. :D

ChildOfTheJin
11-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Didn't Topgear go to Albania and they had to test some cars out for Albanian mafias. And is it true that Car and Peach are innapropriate words? :D

Flintlocke
11-12-2012, 06:29 PM

Wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Albania

. Lonely Planet ranked Albania as the no. 1 destination to be visited in 2011. Albania was ranked fourth in MSN Travel's 2012 Hottest Destinations. In addition, Albania was chosen as one of the top destinations for British tourists travelling during the 2012 Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Albania has been dubbed the "New Mediterranean Love".

Hurrem sultana
11-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Didn't Topgear go to Albania and they had to test some cars out for Albanian mafias. And is it true that Car and Peach are innapropriate words? :D

i guess they mean kar....,which is not a nice word :D those turkish words :D

mysticism
11-12-2012, 06:38 PM

Yes it's true. There is a border-town near my family's village, called Vermush, it has no roads nor electricity.

alb0zfinest
11-12-2012, 06:40 PM

Meanwhile the reality
http://www.frommers.com/micro/2011/top-destinations-2012/top-value-destination-albanian-riviera.html#
http://www.mapo.al/2012/07/09/national-geographic-shqiperia-dhe-ballkani-perendimor-ne-nje-destinacion-te-vetem/
4million tourists just this year
http://www.lalzitbay.com/albanian-tourism/a-new-mediterranean-love-albania-experiences-18.7-increase-in-tourists/
Not to mention that lonley planet named Albania the number 1 destination for 2011

Aura
11-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes it's true. There is a border-town near my family's village, called Vermush, it has no roads nor electricity.

They just got inspired by the movie 'into the wild' you village boy :P

:O Vermosh is very touristic village, you liar :(

iNird
11-12-2012, 06:44 PM

Yes to all.

According to Albanian Minister of Tourism, 3 million tourists visited Albania in 2010. Around 900,000 of them were Albanians visiting from abroad.

Granted there's a good chance that a decent amount of the remaining 2 million or so are Albanians from Kosova, FYROM, Montenegro, Serbia (probably around 40%-50%.)

What are the tourist statistics in Bosnia like?

edit:

According to wiki, there are little under 700k or so tourists that visited Bosnia the past two years.

mysticism
11-12-2012, 06:48 PM
They just got inspired by the movie 'into the wild' you village boy :P

:O Vermosh is very touristic village, you liar :(

lol touristic? Yeah some cousins of mine have gone there to get catholic albanian wives. :rolleyes:

into the wild a good movie great book lol :D

alb0zfinest
11-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Delete

iNird
11-12-2012, 06:54 PM
lol touristic? Yeah some cousins of mine have gone there to get catholic albanian wives. :rolleyes:

So pretty much your cousins were ugly losers that couldn't get married with a local but had to go to a foreign country to marry some washed up poor broad that the local Albanians did not want.

A great match.

morski
11-12-2012, 06:55 PM
You all know that Mustafa was Macedonian, right?

alb0zfinest
11-12-2012, 07:00 PM

Touristic type indeed
Vermosh
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sBGPTWcDZVs/UFMrVrr2Q_I/AAAAAAAACnw/YaFGmu6y_Yo/s1600/vermosh.jpg
http://albaniantourism.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/vermosh_albania.jpg?w=450
http://www.turizmi.com/forum/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=137
http://discoverthetrip.com/uploads/images/665-Vermosh_Albania_30.10.2011_5.jpg
http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/6751876.jpg

iNird
11-12-2012, 07:01 PM
You all know that Mustafa was Macedonian, right?

We are all part of the white Macedon race.

mysticism
11-12-2012, 07:02 PM
So pretty much your cousins were ugly losers that couldn't get married with a local but had to go to a foreign country to marry some washed up poor broad that the local Albanians did not want.

A great match.

Well they live in Montenegro outside of Plav, about a 20 minute drive from north albania to the border-village. :picard1:

And one of the cousins I admit, is mentally deranged. He beat 2 of his past albanian wives nearly to death. But he has a new one and everything is going well. So far.

Aura
11-12-2012, 07:04 PM

This is Vermosh http://imgur.com/SVsuh a friend of mine have been there, and yes it's a touristic place, hope to go this summer :)

that's nice, love doesn't have borders or religion :P

bcs of your cousin I can understand you now :D

alb0zfinest
11-12-2012, 07:06 PM
This is Vermosh http://imgur.com/SVsuh a friend of mine have been there, and yes it's a touristic place, hope to go this summer :)

that's nice, love doesn't have borders or religion :P
The reason inird gave seems more legit :D
"So pretty much your cousins were ugly losers that couldn't get married with a local but had to go to a foreign country to marry some washed up poor broad that the local Albanians did not want.

A great match."

Hurrem sultana
11-12-2012, 07:14 PM
And one of the cousins I admit, is mentally deranged. He beat 2 of his past albanian wives nearly to death. But he has a new one and everything is going well. So far.

:D

iNird
11-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Well they live in Montenegro outside of Plav, about a 20 minute drive from north albania to the border-village. :picard1:

Cool story bro.

This is what real Albanians think of Slavs:

The people complained greatly of Moslem persecution. The houses were full of rifles. "Vraka," said my host, "is made up of various families that had fled, because they owed blood, from Bosnia and Montenegro about two hundred years ago." They number now some one thousand souls. His family had six houses, much land, grew maize and vines, and made plenty of wine and rakia. Being near the lake, they had enough fish for Wednesdays and Fridays. (A woman was stringing little fish on a long wire, and hanging them in loops to a great wooden frame over the open hearth, to be smoke-dried.) Were it not for the Moslems they could live very well, but not one of the Vraka men could now go into Scutari. They would be shot on the way. The women had to do all bazaar business.

PS:

I heard stories of a buch of Albanian males that had Serbian mistresses during the Yugo time. They usually left them in the end for their wife. As well as any Albanian red blooded male would do.

mysticism
11-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Cool story bro.

This is what real Albanians think of Slavs:

PS:

I heard stories of a buch of Albanian males that had Serbian mistresses during the Yugo time. They usually left them in the end for their wife in the end. As well as any Albanian red blooded male would do.

Cool story bro. :thumb001:

Aura
11-12-2012, 07:26 PM
The reason inird gave seems more legit :D
"So pretty much your cousins were ugly losers that couldn't get married with a local but had to go to a foreign country to marry some washed up poor broad that the local Albanians did not want.

A great match."

I don't believe his story, it's just made up by his famous fantasy lol

@bosnian what's funny with that story?! that's just prove your afghan mentality

Archduke
11-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Actually, Ataturk is partially Slavic (Torbesh).

Hurrem sultana
11-12-2012, 07:33 PM
@bosnian what's funny with that story?! that's just prove your afghan mentality

lol what?

mysticism
11-12-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't believe his story, it's just made up by his famous fantasy lol

Whether you believe or not is your problem. :thumb001: