PDA

View Full Version : Suspect IDs himself as dead U.S. president, tells deputy he's under arrest

Creeping Death
07-20-2009, 06:36 AM
Suspect IDs himself as dead U.S. president, tells deputy he's under arrest (http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/deputy-18697-arrest-told.html)

DESTIN - A man who alternately identified himself as a long-dead United States president, a police commissioner, a police chief or an undercover FBI agent told a deputy to "arrest yourself" when he was told he was under arrest.

On July 1, a deputy saw the 36-year-old man standing in the roadway in front of Buddy's Food Mart on U.S. Highway 98, where he was obstructing traffic and jeopardizing his own safety, according to the arrest report. When the deputy tried to engage him, the man began walking backward while staring at the deputy.

Eventually, he turned and ran across the road, the report continues.

When the deputy finally caught up with him near the entrance of the Target store, the man told the deputy to "get out of the roadway."

Asked for identification, he said he was John Quincy Adams, born on the 4th of July, 1892.

Told that he would be arrested unless he provided his real name, the man then said he was the "Commissioner of Police."

The deputy told the man that he was under arrest, but the man told him, "You are under arrest. Arrest yourself!" according to the report.

He refused orders to place his hands behind his back and began walking backward, then "began acting as if he was speaking on a police radio, stating, ‘I need back up, send me back up.' "

I thought they cancelled Candid Camera when Alan Funt passed away?

"He refused orders to place his hands behind his back and began walking backward, then "began acting as if he was speaking on a police radio, stating, ‘I need back up, send me back up.' "

Fool he'd have gotten it, if he'd only remembered to start beeping :)

Rhobot
07-22-2009, 05:34 AM
Sounds like he was either taking illegal drugs or not taking anti-psychotic drugs.

Creeping Death
07-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Sounds like he was either taking illegal drugs or not taking anti-psychotic drugs.
Whats the bet the cheap pricks put the beer back into stock without cleaning the bottles.