PDA

View Full Version : BBC?

Manifest Destiny
07-20-2009, 05:26 PM
I wasn't sure if I should put this in The Racial Tragedy or the Film, TV & Music section...

My wife and I have a satellite TV provider and one of the channels we get is BBC America. A lot of the shows on there are news programs or reality shows (How Clean Is Your House?, Top Gear, eleventy billion Gordon Ramsay shows, etc.), but there are shows such as Doctor Who and Torchwood, which I think are pretty good for the most part. One thing I've noticed about these shows is that they seem to have a lot of characters involved in interracial relationships. Is that common for the BBC, or just for these specific shows?

Tabiti
07-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Hah, seems it is not common only for BBC, since most of the shows and movies I watch nowadays have at least one inter-racial romance or friendship.

Freomęg
07-20-2009, 05:41 PM
One thing I've noticed about these shows is that they seem to have a lot of characters involved in interracial relationships. Is that common for the BBC, or just for these specific shows?
No, the BBC are undeniably central in an agenda to acclimatise Britons to 'minorities' and relationships with them. I believe the goal is to simply make us feel as though we have no indigenous culture or identity to hold onto.

Further examples include a disproportionate number of ethnic newsreaders; disproportionate numbers of ethnic childrens TV presenters; non-white presenters speaking of British history as "our heritage"; constant, unrelenting demonisation of the BNP; a severe lack of programming pertaining to British pre-Norman history.

Whilst not perfect, a quick glance at Channel 4 perfectly demonstrates this. Channel 4 will raise issues surrounding Islam, will be slightly more truthful in their reporting and recently commissioned and televised an excellent dramatisation of the battles of 1066.

Manifest Destiny
07-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Whilst not perfect, a quick glance at Channel 4 perfectly demonstrates this. Channel 4 will raise issues surrounding Islam, will be slightly more truthful in their reporting and recently commissioned and televised an excellent dramatisation of the battles of 1066.

Who owns Channel 4? I wonder if I can get this channel in America?

Freomęg
07-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Who owns Channel 4? I wonder if I can get this channel in America?
It's privately owned, like most channels. I'm not sure how you'd get it there. To be honest, you're not missing much. Aside from the odd documentary and comedy show (The IT Crowd springs to mind) it's pretty forgettable. But if you didn't see the thread about the 1066 dramatisation before, check it out (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4485&highlight=1066). You can buy it (http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/8263622/1066-The-Battle-For-Middle-Earth/Product.html) on DVD and it's easily the best thing Channel 4 have done in recent memory.

Skandi
07-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Use a proxy and watch it at www.channel4.com/4od/index.html Then you don't have to watch the crap!

Beorn
07-20-2009, 06:03 PM
but there are shows such as Doctor Who and Torchwood, which I think are pretty good for the most part.

The most recent producer of Doctor Who and Torchwood is a chap by the name of Russell T Davies. He has gone on record claiming he overly intended for his programmes to become more multicultural and to highlight the part in society that people of colour impart to society...blah blah blah...

I personally find Doctor Who and most programmes to be pretty mediocre compared to the past television shows.

When I was a child, it seemed the episodes lasted forever, and as such would keep me enthralled and excited as to the next instalment.

Manifest Destiny
07-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Use a proxy and watch it at www.channel4.com/4od/index.html Then you don't have to watch the crap!

Ah, thanks.

ikki
07-20-2009, 09:18 PM
TV is overall a terrible poison onto our minds, however resistant and aware you may be, it will destroy your moral foundation and poison your mind with any number of alien concepts. Awareness of the enemy "heaven" is afterall the first step in brainwashing, after that your own basis is eroded until the job is done.

Just close it. Please! :puppy_dp:

Jarl
07-20-2009, 09:22 PM
My wife and I have a satellite TV provider and one of the channels we get is BBC...

BBC??? Well, the name says it all! :P

Loyalist
07-20-2009, 09:25 PM
If you're a fan of the BBC multicultural/multiracial agenda, I would suggest watching an episode of Merlin or Robin Hood, where any attempt at historical accuracy, or at least respectfully depicting the great legends of England, has been sacrificed in order to accomodate a "colour-blind" casting policy. :rolleyes:

Germanicus
07-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Even watching bloody MOTD you get the token black man football pundit.:mad:

Freomęg
07-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Even watching bloody MOTD you get the token black man football pundit.:mad:
What do you mean "even"? Surely 50% of all footballers in British teams are black. Last time I saw England play, black players actually made up the majority of the squad.

Germanicus
07-20-2009, 10:26 PM
What do you mean "even"? Surely 50% of all footballers in British teams are black. Last time I saw England play, black players actually made up the majority of the squad.

Yes this a true sad fact....:(

~°2012°~
07-21-2009, 09:49 AM
I wasn't sure if I should put this in The Racial Tragedy or the Film, TV & Music section... One thing I've noticed about these shows is that they seem to have a lot of characters involved in interracial relationships. Is that common for the BBC, or just for these specific shows?

This is common for every television show from America I see. Lets take a look at two garbage tv-programs I have seen recently here on Icelandic TV: "Weeds" and "Greys Anatomy":

"Weeds" is a popular program here in Iceland, made by the jewish Jenji Kohan. Christianity (and Islam) is frequently mocked. Interracial romance is everywhere, but if you pay close attention the interracial romance is only between whites and blacks, Asians and whites, "purples and whites".. The main focus is on race-mixing whites, you never see a Jew in an relationship with a black person or anyone who is not Jewish.. hmmmm..why is that?. Nordic culture is mocked and all types of nationalism (for whites that is) is attacked. Its unbelievable that white christian Americans can't see how obvious this shit is, having Jewish run media (while pretending to be an ideological ally) constantly making jokes at their expense and using the entertainment industry as a propaganda tool for white miscegenation.

Greys Anatomy is another popular but completely obnoxious thing here, program made by the black Shonda Rhimes. Interracial romance goes over the top here. The doctors, who are "surgeons" with the mental maturity of retarded teens, participate in some interracial romance and the whole hospital reminds us of pathetic American High School drama, but every freaking patient that enters this High School hospital is white with adopted black kids, gays one white another Asian adopting a black kid. Two Blacks with adopted white kid ..etc ..etc .. And the best part is when the doctors, after having treated abusive husbands, abusive parents along with all sorts of subhuman scum from the street, must treat a paramedic and a co-worker but discover that he has a SWASTIKA tattoo on his stomach (*DISTANT SCREAMS*) and than its ok for doctors to tell a patient they wished he died in a surgery because it would have made this planet a better place (but not the other guy who gave his daughter crystal-meth or the other who raped his son ...only the nazis deserve to die)!!

And those are only two out of countless numbers of similar crap people watch every day. Sorry I'm not trying to be anti-American here but I completely HATE American entertainment industry and see it as one of the most destructive forces we have on Icelandic language (and culture).

Jarl
07-21-2009, 10:19 AM
(...) The doctors, who are "surgeons" with the mental maturity of retarded teens, participate in some interracial romance and the whole hospital reminds us of pathetic American High School drama, but every freaking patient that enters this High School hospital is white with adopted black kids, gays one white another Asian adopting a black kid. Two Blacks with adopted white kid ..etc ..etc .. And the best part is when the doctors, after having treated abusive husbands, abusive parents along with all sorts of subhuman scum from the street, must treat a paramedic and a co-worker but discover that he has a SWASTIKA tattoo on his stomach (*DISTANT SCREAMS*) and than its ok for doctors to tell a patient they wished he died in a surgery because it would have made this planet a better place (but not the other guy who gave his daughter crystal-meth or the other who raped his son ...only the nazis deserve to die)!!

And those are only two out of countless numbers of similar crap people watch every day. Sorry I'm not trying to be anti-American here but I completely HATE American entertainment industry and see it as one of the most destructive forces we have on Icelandic language (and culture).

Sounds like a bloody circus.... The whole doctor-hospital thing is a cover-up to smuggle some propaganda. I noticed interracial relations are always present in the British series: skins, eastenders, holly oaks etc. Also in the new 90210. But that's precisely how they forge new trends in mass-culture, how they strive to create a new, artificial reality and influence the people.

Treffie
07-21-2009, 10:36 AM
I noticed interracial relations are always present in the British series: skins, eastenders, holly oaks etc. Also in the new 90210. But that's precisely how they forge new trends in mass-culture, how they strive to create a new, artificial reality and influence the people.

Have you noticed how young they're targetting the audience? I know the BBC has been doing it for years, but the Tweenies is getting ridiculous. :rolleyes::D

Jarl
07-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Have you noticed how young they're targetting the audience? I know the BBC has been doing it for years, but the Tweenies is getting ridiculous. :rolleyes::D

Exactly! I was even about to remark on that. They are targetting the younger, less critical audience to promote these new trends and get them used to their propaganda.