PDA

View Full Version : You Are Not the Centre of the Universe

Smaug
11-15-2012, 08:37 PM
How small are you? Find out:

Dv6OtEnIAQk

arcticwolf
11-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Bro, you don't need to convince a Buddhist, we already know all of this cosmic dance you call life is bullshit and not real. :D It feels so real doesn't it? :p

Smaug
12-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Another good one:

g4iD-9GSW-0

Jackson
12-17-2012, 11:05 PM
“Space is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it’s a long walk down the road to the chemist, but that’s just peanuts to space.”

Neanderthal
12-17-2012, 11:11 PM
I am the centre of my universe, because, fuck it, when I die, there will be no fucking universe for me anymore. :p

Smaug
12-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Well, actually each of us are the centre of our very own Observable Universe, since the Observable Universe is the region of space limited by a sphere of 46 billion light years of radius, which the centre is the oberserver: YOU!

In Big Bang cosmology, the observable universe consists of the galaxies and other matter that can, in principle, be observed from Earth in the present day—because light (or other signals) from those objects has had time to reach the Earth since the beginning of the cosmological expansion.

Summarising: It is what you can "see", detect and measure in the Universe.

Leliana
12-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Watching these video leads to one conclusion: God the Almighty is great. :)

Illancha
12-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Wow we actually agree on something.

Smaug
12-18-2012, 09:50 PM

Each will see these videos and think different things... Some will think like you, others might think "Fuck, look at this huge Universe out there, there can't be anything greater than that."

Leliana
12-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Wow we actually agree on something.
I don't want to start a lengthy debate and argument right now but I don't believe that your 'Allah' is the same as our God. He's rather the opposite. But for the sake and peace in this thread I don't want to elaborate this any further again atm. There are other threads where I explained my opinion en detail.

Illancha
12-18-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't want to start a lengthy debate and argument right now but I don't believe that your 'Allah' is the same as our God. He's rather the opposite. But for the sake and peace in this thread I don't want to elaborate this any further again atm. There are other threads where I explained my opinion en detail.
Hmmm...

Smaug
12-18-2012, 11:03 PM
NO. This is NOT a religous thread! If you want to debate here, it has to be about astronomy. Period.

Siberian Cold Breeze
12-18-2012, 11:12 PM
No need to create a best creator contest since Sky is the God and Mother is the Earth .
(Rest are all humancentric ,anthropomorph, Semitic , same God)

Tengri for ever :thumb001:

Anatolian Eagle
12-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Allah simply means God in Arabic, they used that word even before Islam, it's not his name. Actually Arab Christians and Jews use it as well. But whatever.

Exactly. There are many Turks out there who seriously needs to understand that, they get disturbed if you say "Tanrı" (pre-Islamic word for God in Turkish) instead of "Allah". It really pisses me off when someone says something like this, they're being hostile to their own language over a stereotype and not even realizing it.

The case is same for most of religions; the origin of the word doesn't really change the fact they're referring to same deity, especially for Abrahamic religions.

Smaug
12-18-2012, 11:50 PM
NO. This is NOT a religous thread! If you want to debate here, it has to be about astronomy. Period.

Anatolian Eagle
12-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Apologies.

MarkyMark
12-18-2012, 11:59 PM
You guys are right, I am the center of the universe, not the centre.

Smaug
12-19-2012, 12:25 AM
You guys are right, I am the center of the universe, not the centre.

I beg your pardon, I didn't get the joke. It's the same...