07-20-2009, 08:18 PM
http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/9215/ff420em.jpg

Tabiti
07-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Kalashnikov?
Hmm, lets see...Albanian???

Æmeric
07-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Is he by chance Albanian? :chin: Just a guess based on today's discussions.

Loki
07-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Both Tabiti and Æmeric are correct! :cupgold0:

He is an Albanian.

Tony
07-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Loki , you should have waited untill the debate over Albanians had warmed off , it's too easy , he's Albanian otherwise a Kosovar.

Luern
07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
UÇK?

Will
07-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Interesting angle for classification purposes.

But of course cherry picking can be done with anyone. I can post pictures of Azeris who wouldn't look out of place in Western Europe. Maybe your thread wasn't made to prove a certain point Loki, but if it was that's my answer. :)

Absinthe
07-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Same old, same old... Find a photo of a blond Albanian and argue in defense of the whole nation just because of that.

Typical Albanian tactics is that they find a photo of a blond Albanian and one of a swarthy Greek and then argue that "Gay-reeks" are not white and that Albanians are more "Aryan". :rolleyes:

This is really juvenile, and you were the last person I expected to see using this awfully simplistic tactic, Loki. :(

I have basically a few questions for you as well as everyone that thinks that Albanians are worth preserving and have an interesting European culture:

If Albanians are a European nation with a distinct culture that is worth preserving, then why are they scattered across Europe, sucking the life out of other nations instead of staying at their country and trying to strengthen it?

And why is Albania still a huge junkyard despite all the help that they've been getting from the West?

And why do they wag their tails to NATO and expect everything they want to be handed to them if they kiss American ass?

Answer those, and then we'll be able to argue on more realistic terms, as their "whiteness" alone is irrelevant to the subject ;)

Loki
07-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Same old, same old... Find a photo of a blond Albanian and argue in defense of the whole nation just because of that.

Typical Albanian tactics is that they find a photo of a blond Albanian and one of a swarthy Greek and then argue that "Gay-reeks" are not white and that Albanians are more "Aryan". :rolleyes:

This is really juvenile, and you were the last person I expected to see using this awfully simplistic tactic, Loki. :(

I have basically a few questions for you as well as everyone that thinks that Albanians are worth preserving and have an interesting European culture:

If Albanians are a European nation with a distinct culture that is worth preserving, then why are they scattered across Europe, sucking the life out of other nations instead of staying at their country and trying to strengthen it?

And why is Albania still a huge junkyard despite all the help that they've been getting from the West?

And why do they wag their tails to NATO and expect everything they want to be handed to them if they kiss American ass?

Answer those, and then we'll be able to argue on more realistic terms, as their "whiteness" alone is irrelevant to the subject ;)

Absinthe, Absinthe ... I wasn't serious with this thread ... smile a little. ;)

If you think I was using this as a tactic to make Albanians seem more acceptable, then you're wrong. If you think that I was making this thread to wind some people up, then you're right. Everyone's entitled to a bit of fun, including me. ;)

Absinthe
07-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Well, now that you've had your laughs, you might as well try to answer my questions ;) :p

Loki
07-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Well, now that you've had your laughs, you might as well try to answer my questions ;) :p

I think if you've been reading my posts on this forum for a while, you'll know that I was never a fan of Kosovan independence, and NATO's love affair with Albanians. [Jamt mode] Everybody knows that [/Jamt mode] ;)

I've always supported Serbia in this struggle.

As for "worth preserving", of course they are. Call me a hippie but I don't hate other peoples. We're all part of the bigger picture of life on earth. Difference being, I would not like some people like them to settle in countries with a similar culture to my own -- it would spoil them, as you rightly know from your experience in Athens. :)

Absinthe
07-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Oh I don't hate other people either! :)

I am just saying, a nation is only worth preserbing if it actually wants to preserve itself and strives towards that goal :)

If members of a nation merely survive through criminal activities and by sucking other countries' resources at best, then how exactly are they worth preserving?

And another thing:

you know I've had the worst experience with Albanians but I won't say that all of them are criminals.

In fact, quite a lot of them work honestly and ten times as hard as the average Greek.

But what do they do with their money?

Do they send it back home in order to help strengthen their economy and eventually go back home, like Greek immigrans did in the 60's?

No, they buy expensive cars and property in Greece, and they struggle to get Greek citizenship and christen their kids, not because they love us, but because they know that this is where the bread is to be found. ;)

Almost every Albanian living in Greece (or elsewhere) have forgotten all about Albania already. They don't even care about going back some day and built something better for their children. Instead, they make sure that their children acquire a false identity in whichever country they settle in, because they've always been opportunists and totally incapable of making anything for themselves.

If that is a nation worth preserving, well, I don't know where we're getting at with the preservation business, then. :)

Loki
07-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Almost every Albanian living in Greece (or elsewhere) have forgotten all about Albania already. They don't even care about going back some day and built something better for their children. Instead, they make sure that their children acquire a false identity in whichever country they settle in, because they've always been opportunists and totally incapable of making anything for themselves.

Oh I see ... so they're actually the kind of "model immigrants" that our governments want, i.e. they integrate and want to integrate. ;) Of course, for real preservationists this is unacceptable. A sizeable minority that integrates, or tries to integrate, into the host culture, is in my view more destructive in the end than one that is remaining separate and visible.

Absinthe
07-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh I see ... so they're actually the kind of "model immigrants" that our governments want, i.e. they integrate and want to integrate. ;) Of course, for real preservationists this is unacceptable. A sizeable minority that integrates, or tries to integrate, into the host culture, is in my view more destructive in the end than one that is remaining separate and visible.
Well this has been my point all along.

And not just integrate but also engage into a ridiculous pissing contest with the natives about who's made the more money in so much time and who can buy more expensive stuff now.

Sort of like Borat and his neighbor, you know ...

"I get iPod, he gets iPod mini" :D

Loki
07-21-2009, 07:17 PM
How do these Albanians make their money in Greece though? What sort of work/business are they in?

Absinthe
07-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Well like I said, either in organized crime, or really hard work.

If the whole family works blue-collar jobs for example, and they save up money for a decade or so, next thing you know, they buy small businesses and property in expensive areas.

Of course, for the ones who've worked for their money instead of getting it through filthy means, one can say that they deserve that break;

but still, I object to immigrants coming to any country to become rich and have their children change ethnicity, instead of using that money to reinforce their own country and eventually send their children back.

(Just like every second shop owner in Oxford street is from India or Bangladesh.. ;))

Amarantine
07-22-2009, 07:22 AM
UÇK?

No idea, they usually have on their shoulders application with UÇK marks, which I couldn't see on this picture...:(

Creeping Death
07-22-2009, 07:50 AM
http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/9215/ff420em.jpg
A red beret and a pink cravat:thumbs up Oh yeah somebody you wouldnt turn your back on in a bar lest he spikes your drink and next the thing you know wake up in the morning with a head ache and a sore arse.

Loki
07-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Back in SA, I worked with hundreds of Africans. We had Zulus, Swazis, Shangaan, and many other ethnicities there. They don't all like each other too much. I spoke to one girl of Swazi origin. She told me she didn't like the Shangaan people. I asked her why. She said: "hulle is te swart" >> "they are too black".

Heimmacht
07-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Back in SA, I worked with hundreds of Africans. We had Zulus, Swazis, Shangaan, and many other ethnicities there. They don't all like each other too much. I spoke to one girl of Swazi origin. She told me she didn't like the Shangaan people. I asked her why. She said: "hulle is te swart" >> "they are too black".

'De pot verwijt de ketel dattie zwart ziet' :D.

Treffie
07-22-2009, 09:30 AM
'De pot verwijt de ketel dattie zwart ziet' :D.

Excuse my non-existent Dutch, but this looks like `the pot calling the kettle black?`

The Lawspeaker
07-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Excuse my non-existent Dutch, but this looks like `the pot calling the kettle black?`
Your translation was 100 percent correct ! :eek::thumb001:

iNird
02-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Interesting to see how people change.