PDA

View Full Version : Die Italianisierung der deutschen Namen in Südtirol

Aragorn
12-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Die Italianisierung der deutschen Namen

Wie kein anderer hat der Faschist Ettore Tolomei bis heute Südtirol verändert. Interessant ist sein System bei der Umwandlung deutscher Namen für Berge, Flüsse, Wälder, Vornamen, Familiennamen und Ortsnamen. Nichts blieb verschont. Vieles in der Geographie ist heute amtlich! Seine Methoden waren einfallsreich:

Übernahme bereits vorhandener italienischer Namen wie Bolzano für Bozen, Merano für Meran.
Suche nach alten, zum Beispiel lateinischen Namen: Sterzing hieß als römisches Lager Vipitenum. Daraus wurde italienisch Vipiteno.
Phonetische Wortfindung: Brennero für Brenner, Brunico für Bruneck, Castelrotto für Kastelruth.
Übersetzung, Etymologie: Lago Verde für Grünsee, Villabassa für Niederdorf.
Schutzpatron oder andere Namen mit Ortsbezug: San Candido für Innichen.
Geografische Ableitung: Colle Isarco (wörtlich Eisack-Hügel) für Gossensaß. (Was aber, niemand weiß es genau, Gotensitz oder Knappensitz bedeuten soll. Henrik Ibsen hatte hier einst Urlaub gemacht.)

Foxy
06-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Die Italianisierung der deutschen Namen

Wie kein anderer hat der Faschist Ettore Tolomei bis heute Südtirol verändert. Interessant ist sein System bei der Umwandlung deutscher Namen für Berge, Flüsse, Wälder, Vornamen, Familiennamen und Ortsnamen. Nichts blieb verschont. Vieles in der Geographie ist heute amtlich! Seine Methoden waren einfallsreich:

Übernahme bereits vorhandener italienischer Namen wie Bolzano für Bozen, Merano für Meran.
Suche nach alten, zum Beispiel lateinischen Namen: Sterzing hieß als römisches Lager Vipitenum. Daraus wurde italienisch Vipiteno.
Phonetische Wortfindung: Brennero für Brenner, Brunico für Bruneck, Castelrotto für Kastelruth.
Übersetzung, Etymologie: Lago Verde für Grünsee, Villabassa für Niederdorf.
Schutzpatron oder andere Namen mit Ortsbezug: San Candido für Innichen.
Geografische Ableitung: Colle Isarco (wörtlich Eisack-Hügel) für Gossensaß. (Was aber, niemand weiß es genau, Gotensitz oder Knappensitz bedeuten soll. Henrik Ibsen hatte hier einst Urlaub gemacht.)

Yes, these facts really happened. For istance my mom have an older cousin born in Bozen during fascist time. Though she was Italian, her relatives wanted to call her "Wally", but were forced to call her in the Italian form "Vallì". Same things happened also with English words. For istance "Cocktail" was translated in "coccotello", "ananas" (foreign form for pineapple) in "ananàsso", and so on. Ridicolous thing for me.
Today, German language is protected in Südtirol, where a status of bilinguism is officially recognize to the part of Trentino-Alto-Adige region where Germans outnumber Italians, being German the first official langauge and Italian the second. Whereas in Trentino, where people are ethnically Italian, Italian is the only official language.
Same things happens in Valle d'Aosta (or Vallée d'Aoste") with French (with French being recognize as official language).

Tyrrhenoi
06-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Today, German language is protected in Südtirol, where a status of bilinguism is officially recognize to the part of Trentino-Alto-Adige region where Germans outnumber Italians, being German the first official langauge and Italian the second. Whereas in Trentino, where people are ethnically Italian, Italian is the only official language.
Same things happens in Valle d'Aosta (or Vallée d'Aoste") with French (with French being recognize as official language).

Don't forget to mention that the province is full-autonomous since 2001...
Still there are people (Swanhild & gang) who think that Italy is a foreign oppressor out there.... What's your opinion about that?

Foxy
06-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Still there are people (Swanhild & gang) who think that Italy is a foreign oppressor out there.... What's your opinion about that?

That Tirolers would like to be indipendent and create an own State like Bayerns in Germany. Italians and Germans are very similar in this field, they both are very indipendentist. But now tensions in Sudtirol are less, becouse they have a big authonomy and Tirolese people feel more German-Italians. For istance, two very famous athlets who play under the Italian flag and are also very well beloved by Italian public are Sud-tirolers: Alex Schwazer and Carolina Kostner.
Anyway they (Tirolers) are just one of the many people who would like to become indipendent. Lombards, Sardinians, Sicilians and others would like to become indipendent too. In short, to agree with the requests of everyone, Italian geography should go back to Middle Age with free cities and little feuds, lol.

I like very much this pic, coz I luv both Italy and Germans, so this pic is very beautiful for me:

http://www.laltrasport.it/public/news/alex%20sw..jpg

Anyway Sudtirol is the most-well treated region of Italy and Sudtirolers the richest Italians, so they surely don't are mistreated :D

Foxy
06-25-2010, 07:15 PM

Anyway If Sudtirol should go back to Austria, Istria and Dalmazia to Italy. However Sudtiroler indipendentists motto was: <<Not with Rome nor with Wien>>. They would like to create a free region with Bozen or at most Innsbruck for capital.

Svanhild
06-26-2010, 11:56 AM
But now tensions in Sudtirol are less, becouse they have a big authonomy and Tirolese people feel more German-Italians.
I'm afraid that they feel Tyrolean first and foremost, then Austrian and then German. Don't make the mistake of Tyrrhenoi and conclude that Italian occupation of Südtirol is justified in any way. Due to Italian occupation and repression, Südtiroler people had a lot to suffer and to tolerate.

Foxy
06-26-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm afraid that they feel Tyrolean first and foremost, then Austrian and then German. Don't make the mistake of Tyrrhenoi and conclude that Italian occupation of Südtirol is justified in any way. Due to Italian occupation and repression, Südtiroler people had a lot to suffer and to tolerate.

I agree that they are Austrians (I call them Germans becouse ethnically Austrians are Germans, aren't they? :confused:), but I have been to Sudtirol and people stay well, I mean, you mustn't think that Italian domination of Sudtirol is like, for istance, the domination of Eastern Germany by Russians. And I agree that, in respect of their ethnicity, they should pass - if they want- to Austria, but then also Dalmazia and Istria should pass from Croatia to Italy.
And remember, I really luv German people, so if Tirolers were treated bad, I would be the first to purpose the secession.

Foxy
06-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Due to Italian occupation and repression, Südtiroler people had a lot to suffer and to tolerate.

I don't want to seem arrogant, but what exactly are they suffering? In the EU council, for istance, Sudtirol rapresents itself, it is not rapresented by Italy, and in many fields it takes decisions in authonomy, like a federalistic state. It happens also in Valle D'Aosta, Friulia Venezia Giulia, Sicily and Sardinia. So now I am a bit confused... :confused:
I think the harshest time was the fascist one, but, believe me, it was bad also for Italians. I also understand very well Tirolers, coz I have relatives who live or have lived there and, though they are Italians, they behave like Tiroleses.

Jarl
06-26-2010, 02:53 PM
but then also Dalmazia and Istria should pass from Croatia to Italy.

And why is that? If I may ask.

Svanhild
06-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Ich habe vorhin einen Fehler gemacht indem ich auf Englisch antwortete. Da wir hier aber im deutschsprachigen Abschnitt sind sollte auch Deutsch geschrieben werden.

Foxy
06-26-2010, 09:41 PM
And why is that? If I may ask.

Becouse in Istria region most people are Italians, like in Sudtirol most people are Germans, and before we lost the II WW Istria was Italian :wink

Jarl
06-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Becouse in Istria region most people are Italians, like in Sudtirol most people are Germans, and before we lost the II WW Istria was Italian :wink

But I don't think they are still a majority in Dalmatia...

Foxy
06-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Ich habe vorhin einen Fehler gemacht indem ich auf Englisch antwortete. Da wir hier aber im deutschsprachigen Abschnitt sind sollte auch Deutsch geschrieben werden.

Ja, du hast Recht. Ich liebe deutsche Sprache sehr, nähmlich ich studiere sie auch, aber sie ist sehr schwer , so seid tolerant mit meine Fehler.
Ich sagte, dass ethnisch Südtirol ja deutsch ist, aber Österreich hat den Krieg gegen Italien verloren, wie Italien verlor Dalmazia in dem Krieg gegen Croatia.
Ich denke, dass die Regionen an den Grenzen bestimmt zu angestebt sein sind. Österreich, früher er die Südtirol verlor, besitzte auch einige Regionen von Italien, wie Veneto und Trentino. Italienische Soldaten kämpften für seine Befreiung und, nach dem II Weltkrieg, wir erhielten auch Südtirol. Es ist der Krieg!
Aber obwohl sie den Krieg verlor, ich glaube, dass Südtiroler geachtet sein dürfen, weil mir Deutschen, wie Volk, sehr gefällen. Jetzt haben Tiroler eine große politische Autonomie, großer als alle die andere Italienische Regionen.

I hope you understood my German, lol.

Foxy
06-26-2010, 10:06 PM
But I don't think they are still a majority in Dalmatia...

Villeicht in Dalmazia sind sie nicht, aber sie sind sicher in Istria und in die Stadt von Fiume. Aber der Krieg ist der Krieg auch für Italiener...
Und die Stadt von Ragusa war auch italienisch. Alle diese Regionen waren der Republik von Venedig, früher Österreich eroberte sie. Viele Person dort sind Italienisch.

Foxy
06-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Jedenfalls Italien und Deutschland waren für Jarhrhunderte nur ein Staat, zuerst Rome (Süddeutschland und Österreich waren in) und denn "The Holy Roman Empire".
Wir wurden für politische und religiöse Problemen geteilt, wie die Befreiung Italiens und denn der II Weltkrieg. Früher viele große Keiser Italiens waren Deutsch, wie Friedrich "Barbarossa" und Friedrich der II. Von Schwaben. Die besten Jahrhunderte für Italien nach dem Romanischen Reich.

http://ivarfjeld.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/holyromanempire.gif
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_E4eZA4HKk-Q/SxJAb9EaGdI/AAAAAAAAAhc/LZ1k-m4XvLA/s1600/federicoII_small.jpg

(Viele Italiener sehen Berlusconi und denken: "es war besser mit Österreich", so, ja, ich kann Tiroler verstehen) :p

Jarl
06-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Villeicht in Dalmazia sind sie nicht, aber sie sind sicher in Istria und in die Stadt von Fiume. Aber der Krieg ist der Krieg auch für Italiener...
Und die Stadt von Ragusa war auch italienisch. Alle diese Regionen waren der Republik von Venedig, früher Österreich eroberte sie. Viele Person dort sind Italienisch.

But that was before WW II. Things changed drastically. Italians in Croatia constitute some 1% of the whole population, or less.

Jedenfalls Italien und Deutschland waren für Jarhrhunderte nur ein Staat, zuerst Rome (Süddeutschland und Österreich waren in) und denn "The Holy Roman Empire".

This was no "ein Staat" in the modern sense of the word, no more than Poland-Lithuania was a single state with Hungary, Czech, Croatia and Moldova under Jagiellonians. Or Poland was a single state with Sweden under the Vasa.

And at that time all its Eastern fringes were Slavic speaking principalities and duchies, while the South was Italian-speaking.

(Viele Italiener sehen Berlusconi und denken: "es war besser mit Österreich", so, ja, ich kann Tiroler verstehen) :p

Some people will sell their identity, their language and even their mother for a more prosperous life.

Jarl
06-26-2010, 11:02 PM
http://ivarfjeld.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/holyromanempire.gif

Anyway, the map is not correct, the whole Eastern Pomerania (Pomerelia or Kashubia) was never inhabited by the Prussians. It's been Slavic and with some short breaks a province of Poland ever since X century (with an exception of some 150 Teutonic rule in 1308-1454).

Foxy
06-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Anyway, the map is not correct, the whole Eastern Pomerania (Pomerelia or Kashubia) was never inhabited by the Prussians. It's been Slavic and with some short breaks a province of Poland ever since X century (with an exception of some 150 Teutonic rule in 1308-1454).

Ich weiß nicht die Geographie von Pomerania, ich wollte nur zeigen, dass seit Rome bis 1200 wir (Italiener und Deutschen) in dem gleichen Reich waren und wir hielfen uns, zum Beispiel, in den Kreuzzüge, und der Keiser von Deutschland hatte viele Anhänger auch in Italien, geheißen "Ghibellini". Die Anhänger des Papst waren die "Guelfi" und Guelfin und Gibellini kämpften für Jahrhunderte. Friedrich der II ist das größte Beispiel.
Ich abstimme die Renovierung des "Holy Roman Empire" ;)
Ich hasse die Propaganda gemacht nach der Befreiung Italiens, dass Deutschen und Italiener immer Feinde gewesen sind, weil ich Deutsche Kultur und Sprache studiere und weiß, dass es nicht wahr ist.
Tacitus schrieb sehr gut von Germanen und Goethe liebte Italien (und Italienische Frauen :D) sehr, wie auch Wienkelmann und andere.

The Lawspeaker
06-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Jarl. You know that you're making this up as Pommerania and also West Prussia was a regio inhabited by both Germans and Poles. For instance Copernicus (whose family came to Thorn from Krakau) was German (Koppernigk in medieval spelling).

The area in which he way have lived in may have been under Polish rule-- it doesn't make the people Poles.

Tyrrhenoi
06-27-2010, 11:47 AM

Ich lebe in Deutschland praktisch's - zum Glück meine paket in der Schule
hat mir deutsche Sprache gelernt:D Es lebe Holland!:D

Ja, sie waren mehr für Prodi, und den anderen sozialistischen Abschaum

Jarl
06-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Jarl. You know that you're making this up as Pommerania and also West Prussia was a regio inhabited by both Germans and Poles. For instance Copernicus (whose family came to Thorn from Krakau) was German (Koppernigk in medieval spelling).

The area in which he way have lived in may have been under Polish rule-- it doesn't make the people Poles.

What am I making up? That Pomerania was never inhabited by Prussians, but Kashubians? This is a fact.

Copernicus family was from Cracow, and he was born in Toruń/Thorn, in Kuiavia. And Kuiavia is a part of Greater Poland. As for Pomerelia (later known as Royal and West Prussia), it was inhabited by Poles and Kashubians who consituted a majority all the way up to XXth century. Germans started settling in the city of Danzig in 1266 when they were invited by the Pomeranian duke Swiętopełk II. They became majority in Danzig after 1308 when Pomerelia was occupied by the Teutonic Knights who massacred the whole original population of Gdańsk after taking the city. Then the main influx of Germnas into the cities occured between 1308-1454 during the Teutonic rule. I don't deny the Germans inhabited this country too. Bulk of them arrived in XIV-XV century and with few exceptions they were restricted to the burghers of major cities until the divisions of Poland and XIX century.

Foxy
06-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Ich lebe in Deutschland praktisch's - zum Glück meine paket in der Schule
hat mir deutsche Sprache gelernt:D Es lebe Holland!:D

Ja, sie waren mehr für Prodi, und den anderen sozialistischen Abschaum

Nein, alle die Politiker Italiens sind jetztz die selbe Scheiß, Rechts und Links.
Sie denken nich zu dem Volk, aber nur zum Geld. Belusconi dürfte zu Gefängnis gehen.
Die Linke hat ihre Glaubwürdigkeit mit Prodi verloren.

Aramis
06-27-2010, 02:05 PM

Die Stadt heisst Rijeka, nicht Fiume.

Istrien ist hauptsächlich mit ethnischen Koraten bevölkerte. Die Italiener sind eine minderheit mit circa 7 %. Das ist die Gegenwart und Realitet. Was die Vergangenheit betrift, sie möge romantischen Träumern wie dir überlasen sein, da habe ich nichts dagegen.

Das Schlüsselwort hier ist "war".
Einige Dalmatischen Städte (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Republik_Venedig.png) waren unter der Herrschaft von Venedig, das stimmt. Zweifellos hast du aber auch zwei wichtige Fakten nicht in Betracht genommen.
Als erstens das Dalmatien nicht von Venedig gegründet wurde, jedoch mit Gewalt eingenommen. Im laufe der Zeit haben sich die Dalmaten von ihren Eroberern befreit.
Zweitens, du identifiziertst das heutige Venedig (eine Stadt in Italien - und damit ganz Italien) mit einer Republik aus der Vergangenheit.
Mit der gleichen Logik könnte ich behaubten das Süditalien intergraler Teil Griechenlands ist.

Ragusa (Dubrovnik) war von 1205. bis 1358. unter Venedig, jedoch macht das aus ihr nich mit Automatismus eine Italienische Region. Ein Mensch muss schon viel Vorstellungsvermögen haben um es aus so einen Blickwinkel zu sehen.

Was die italienisch imperialistichen Träume und Hoffnungen des zweiten Weltkriegs angeht, für die habe ich kein Interesse.

Foxy
06-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Die Stadt heisst Rijeka, nicht Fiume.

Istrien ist hauptsächlich mit ethnischen Koraten bevölkerte. Die Italiener sind eine minderheit mit circa 7 %. Das ist die Gegenwart und Realitet. Was die Vergangenheit betrift, sie möge romantischen Träumern wie dir überlasen sein, da habe ich nichts dagegen.

Das Schlüsselwort hier ist "war".
Einige Dalmatischen Städte (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2f/Republik_Venedig.png) waren unter der Herrschaft von Venedig, das stimmt. Zweifellos hast du aber auch zwei wichtige Fakten nicht in Betracht genommen.
Als erstens das Dalmatien nicht von Venedig gegründet wurde, jedoch mit Gewalt eingenommen. Im laufe der Zeit haben sich die Dalmaten von ihren Eroberern befreit.
Zweitens, du identifiziertst das heutige Venedig (eine Stadt in Italien - und damit ganz Italien) mit einer Republik aus der Vergangenheit.
Mit der gleichen Logik könnte ich behaubten das Süditalien intergraler Teil Griechenlands ist.

Ragusa (Dubrovnik) war von 1205. bis 1358. unter Venedig, jedoch macht das aus ihr nich mit Automatismus eine Italienische Region. Ein Mensch muss schon viel Vorstellungsvermögen haben um es aus so einen Blickwinkel zu sehen.

Was die italienisch imperialistichen Träume und Hoffnungen des zweiten Weltkriegs angeht, für die habe ich kein Interesse.

Residents of Italian mothertogue of every town taken in the census in 1910 and now.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Istria_census_1910.PNG/486px-Istria_census_1910.PNG
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/6/69/Istria_italiani_2001.png

The map shows that Italian language has been deleted with the time and it is going to be forgotten, on the contrary German is protected in Sudtirol.
At the beginning of the century the coastal side of Croatia was Italian. You can't distinguish them ethnically becouse Croatians are very mixed with Italians and Slovenjans.

Linguistic groups of Trentino-Alto-Adige/Sudtirol (statistics given by Sudtirol):
Italian-speaker: ca. 69%
German-speakers: ca. 32%
Ladin-speakers: ca. 5%

Sources: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trentino-Alto_Adige

So why Sudtirol yes and Istria not?

Now the situation of German minorities in Italy:

Sudtirol: in the province of Bozen there live around 296.461 people of German mothertongue with an authonome status, being German the official language TOGETHER with the Italian (German is the 1st, Italian the 2nd, but only in the province of Bozen). The region was before Austrian, though geographically was Italian.

Cimbres are an other German minorance living in Luserna, Asiago, Cansiglia and Giazza (Lombardy).

In Friuli-Venezia-Giulia Germans live most of all in Timau, Paluzza and Tarvisio. In the area of Sauris a German comunity live constitutin a linguistic-isle.

Berstoler (or Mocheni) in the Val Farsena.

About 2000 Germans have chosen to live in the Brescian area of Garda Lake, in particular in Salò, Sirmione, Toscolano and others (Lombardy).

This is the whole situation. Make your conclusions.
For me the situation of Sudtirol is the same of Istria.

Svanhild
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Du kannst nicht einfach Istrien mit Südtirol vergleichen, die Geschichte beider Regionen ist völlig unterschiedlich. Südtirol wurde über Jahrtausende von deutschsprachigen Leuten besiedelt und beherrscht während Istrien unter wechselnden Einflüssen und Mächten stand. Erst im Jahr 1919 wurde Südtirol in einer lächerlichen Form der Fremdbestimmung durch die Siegermächte an Italien abgetrennt. In der Folge wurde dann auf vielen Ebenen versucht Südtirol zu italiensieren und es sich Untertan zu machen. Du solltest wirklich nicht den Fehler begehen und das Unrecht gegeneinander aufzurechnen, denn Istrien hat mit dem Problemfall Südtirol rein gar nichts zu tun. Und auch wenn die Beziehung zwischen Südtirolern und Italienern zur Zeit besser läuft als noch vor einigen Jahrzehnten ist das noch lange kein Grund das Unrecht einfach so hinzunehmen oder das Geschehene als gegeben anzuerkennen. Alles klar?

Es bleibt die Tatsache bestehen dass Südtirol nicht zu Italien gehört und das selbst die ziemlich weitgehende Autonomie von Südtirol noch nicht ausreichend ist. Von Jarl will ich gar nicht erst reden, er hat von der Thematik keine Ahnung und blökt immer nur ohne ernsthaften Inhalt rum.

Jarl
06-28-2010, 11:54 PM
und blökt immer nur ohne ernsthaften Inhalt rum.

Like what? That South Tirol is German ethnically and historically? Be objective for heavens sake!

German... unlike Royal Prussia and Greater Poland.

http://www.artviva.com/map-italy-old.jpg

http://www.ww1-propaganda-cards.com/images/Tirol04.JPG

You dont want to be opressed yet you want to opress others! Ah! Bad, very bad Svanhilde!

Foxy
06-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Du kannst nicht einfach Istrien mit Südtirol vergleichen, die Geschichte beider Regionen ist völlig unterschiedlich. Südtirol wurde über Jahrtausende von deutschsprachigen Leuten besiedelt und beherrscht während Istrien unter wechselnden Einflüssen und Mächten stand. Erst im Jahr 1919 wurde Südtirol in einer lächerlichen Form der Fremdbestimmung durch die Siegermächte an Italien abgetrennt. In der Folge wurde dann auf vielen Ebenen versucht Südtirol zu italiensieren und es sich Untertan zu machen. Du solltest wirklich nicht den Fehler begehen und das Unrecht gegeneinander aufzurechnen, denn Istrien hat mit dem Problemfall Südtirol rein gar nichts zu tun. Und auch wenn die Beziehung zwischen Südtirolern und Italienern zur Zeit besser läuft als noch vor einigen Jahrzehnten ist das noch lange kein Grund das Unrecht einfach so hinzunehmen oder das Geschehene als gegeben anzuerkennen. Alles klar?

Es bleibt die Tatsache bestehen dass Südtirol nicht zu Italien gehört und das selbst die ziemlich weitgehende Autonomie von Südtirol noch nicht ausreichend ist. Von Jarl will ich gar nicht erst reden, er hat von der Thematik keine Ahnung und blökt immer nur ohne ernsthaften Inhalt rum.

Nein, viele Personen in Istria waren Italienisch und nach dem I Weltkrieg Istria war Italien. Es ist nicht meine Schuld ob Österreich hat den Krieg verloren und, mit ihn, auch Südtirol. Wir haben ihn gewonnen und wir konnte die Arschloch machen und keine Autonomie zu Südtirol gewähren. Ich denke, dass wenn Österreich den Krieg gewonnen hatte, er gab keine Autonomie zu Veneto und Trentino.
Nähmlich wann Trentino, Veneto, Lombardia und Friuli zu Österreich gehörten, sie waren unterdrückte und wir musste die Kriegen von Befreiung machen.
Jedenfalls keine Reibung gibt es jetzt zwischen Tiroler und Italiener von Trentino, und in den lätzten Decennia habe ich über keine Attentat von Tiroler gemacht gehören.
Wenn Deutschen keine Land verloren wollen, sag' ihnen, dass keinen Krieg machen sollen.

Ps: when Germany conquered Poland during the II WW for istance, they didn't care about the fact that they were oppressing Polish people. Same with France and many others. Not only, Germans also sent many Polish to lagers. Something similar never happened in Alto Adige ( Südtirol).

poiuytrewq0987
06-29-2010, 07:54 PM

No, Yugoslavian! :D

Foxy
06-29-2010, 08:15 PM
No, Yugoslavian! :D

No, I think Yugoslavia born later. :p

Austo
01-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Südtirol gehört zu Österreich.

Wann kapieren die italiener das mal?

MM81
02-04-2013, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=Austo;1291522]Südtirol gehört zu Österreich.

Niemals. Suedtyrol ist unser.

Austo
02-05-2013, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=Austo;1291522]Südtirol gehört zu Österreich.

Niemals. Suedtyrol ist unser.

Kannst nicht mal richtig Südtirol schreiben !

Frag die Südtiroler selber.

Permafrost
02-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Südtirol gehört zu Österreich.

Wann kapieren die italiener das mal?

Probably on the same day when you Austrians will admit to whom belongs Lower Carinthia; which in my estimation will happen somewhere around sv. Nikoli, as Slovenes would say.

Still, I wish Südtirolern best of luck in their struggles.

MM81
02-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Still, I wish Südtirolern best of luck in their struggles.
Come on, there is no repression or whatever to alto-atesini (sudtiroler). This is not 1915. The Autonomous Province of Bozen is a wealthy district, with a high degree of financial and political autonomy.
Their language and culture are protected by our Constitution. KlimaHaus is our national leader agency about energy savings techniques, and their activity is promoted by the italian State throughout the country, from Bozen to Palermo.
Some people from that area are very famous sports stars (Carolina Kostner, Alex Schwazer) or chef stars (some appear regularly in a TV show on RAI1, the main italian tv channel).
Furthermore, the SVP (sudtiroler volkspartei) has recently allied with one of the main italian parties, the PD (centre-left) and they'll run together for the forthcoming national elections.