PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant mother cut her children's throats

Beorn
07-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Pregnant mother cut her children's throats and took poison while suffering severe post-natal depression
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1200935/Mother-cut-childrens-throats-took-poison-cope-violent-marriage.html)

A pregnant mother killed two of her children and tried to murder her six-month-old baby while suffering from severe post-natal depression, a court has heard.
Sasikala Navaneethan, 37, gave them alcohol and lay them side by side in age order before slitting their throats.
She dialled 999 after also trying to kill herself by slashing her wrists and drinking rat poison.

A sad example of two discrepancies in current British society.

#1: The lack of post natal care and attention for new mothers.

#2: Physical and mental screenings for new hopeful arrivals to British shores.

Phlegethon
07-20-2009, 10:40 PM
How about mass sterilizations instead?

Äike
07-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Damn, this is terrible:(

Brynhild
07-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Post natal depression is awful, and it can afflict any woman. It's a sad fact that not enough care is given to the mother post birth, and unfortunately it can manifest into such psychotic episodes.

Phlegethon
07-20-2009, 11:17 PM
How long will it take until the world realizes that all women are insane?

Vargtand
07-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Nature has its ways for purging the gene pool?

Brynhild
07-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Nature has its ways for purging the gene pool?

If you're referring to just women as being purged of the gene pool, it would include your own kind as well. I liken the notion to that of a double-edged sword.

I've had post natal depression, and it was some of the worst moments of my life. Fortunately, I managed to survive and so has my gene pool. :P

Vargtand
07-21-2009, 12:44 AM
If you're referring to just women as being purged of the gene pool, it would include your own kind as well. I liken the notion to that of a double-edged sword.

I've had post natal depression, and it was some of the worst moments of my life. Fortunately, I managed to survive and so has my gene pool. :P

No I was referring to the fact that she slit the throats of her kids. Shame she did not die now she can have more children.