PDA

View Full Version : Apricity, please 'appreciate' Kosov[o]

Harry Potter
11-17-2012, 08:51 AM
In this sub-forum I noticed that the various versions of it are based on the local language, Lietuva instead of Lithania, Italia instead of Italy etc. But this doesn't happen about Kosov[o]. Please correct that, make it Kosovė or Kosova. Please appreciate the Albanian language. Thank you for your time, I hope I didn't created misunderstandings.

Methmatician
11-17-2012, 08:55 AM
The official languages of Kosovo are Albanian and Serbian. So it would have to be both. Or you could just keep the English version.

Harry Potter
11-17-2012, 08:59 AM
The official languages of Kosovo are Albanian and Serbian. So it would have to be both. Or you could just keep the English version.

Even Finland has two official language, but Apricity is going for the Finnish language only, at least on the name(Suomi only, check by yourself). Instead of keeping the Serb version of the name, I think would be much better to use an Albanian version of the name. Serbs are like 5-7% of the total population of Kosovo, while the Albanians are more than 92%.

Methmatician
11-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Even Finland has two official language, but Apricity is going for the Finnish language only, at least on the name(Suomi only, check by yourself).

Then let the Swedes complain.

Instead of keeping the Serb version of the name, I think would be much better to use an Albanian version of the name. Serbs are like 5-7% of the total population of Kosovo, while the Albanians are more than 92%.

Doesn't matter what the percentage is. If you want to use change it to the Albanian version because Albanian is it's co-official language, then you have to accept the Serbian version as well, since it's also co-official language of Kosovo.

Harry Potter
11-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Then let the Swedes complain.

It's not about ethnic pride, it's about equal treatment.

Doesn't matter what the percentage is. If you want to use change it to the Albanian version because Albanian is it's co-official language, then you have to accept the Serbian version as well, since it's also co-official language of Kosovo.

Are we going to add this about every country that Apricity has a special forum about, or we're going to use only one language instead, as it's already happening, but in the Kosov? case we use Albanian rather that Serbian. Frankly the Serbs of Kosovo doesn't not even want to live in there. Some of them are moving in Vojvodina, some others are requesting unification with Serbia.

mysticism
11-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Even Finland has two official language, but Apricity is going for the Finnish language only, at least on the name(Suomi only, check by yourself). Instead of keeping the Serb version of the name, I think would be much better to use an Albanian version of the name. Serbs are like 5-7% of the total population of Kosovo, while the Albanians are more than 92%.

You aren't even an official country yet. You're at the level of South Ossetia and Abkhazia. Be happy with what you have here.

Harry Potter
11-17-2012, 09:21 AM
You aren't even an official country yet. You're at the level of South Ossetia and Abkhazia. Be happy with what you have here.

Yes I know that I'm not a country, I'm a human being.

About Kosovo, it is a country with a brighter future than Serbia. It is recognized by half of the countries in the World and soon even Serbia will give up, if they don't want to lose their trade right with Kosovo. South Ossetia and Abkhazia are ghost entities, calling them Russian occupation zones would be much more correct. There's no way that you can equalize the democratic Kosovo to one of those regional tyrannies. Only Russia and the anti-American countries recognize those pseudo-states(regions of Kartvelia/Georgia), which are like 10 at all, and there's no progress. Please don't go off-topic, and please don't go off-reality.

Flintlocke
11-17-2012, 09:22 AM
I wonder why do you have a Greek surname as a nick and you say you're in Albania.

Harry Potter
11-17-2012, 09:24 AM
I wonder why do you have a Greek surname as a nick and you say you're in Albania.

My nickname is used only by the Albanian speaking population of Greece. I live in Albania, I born here. Do you agree with me that should be better to use the Albanian version of the name of Kosovo in this sub-forum?

mysticism
11-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Yes I know that I'm not a country, I'm a human being.

About Kosovo, it is a country with a brighter future than Serbia. It is recognized by half of the countries in the World and soon even Serbia will give up, if they don't want to lose their trade right with Kosovo. South Ossetia and Abkhazia are ghost entities, calling them Russian occupation zones would be much more correct. There's no way that you can equalize the democratic Kosovo to one of those regional tyrannies. Only Russia and the anti-American countries recognize those pseudo-states(regions of Kartvelia/Georgia), which are like 10 at all, and there's no progress. Please don't go off-topic, and please don't go off-reality.

For a black hole, even a dim-shade is bright.

All the recognitions of Kosovo are worth just as much as the 2 or 3 for SO and Abkhazia. There is no objectivity in calling one pseudo-state and the other authentic. The parameters aren't there. You do not have UN membership, that is end of story for you. Be thankful for every day Serbia doesn't invade you.

Sultan Suleiman
11-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Be thankful for every day Serbia doesn't invade you.

You honestly believe that Serbia has the military capacity to "invade" anyone?

mysticism
11-17-2012, 09:34 AM

Of course it does, not everyone is as handicapped as Bosnia in the Balkans.

Sultan Suleiman
11-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Of course it does, not everyone is as handicapped as Bosnia in the Balkans.

You are talking about a nation with 30K professional soldiers of which most of the Officer Corps got there thanks to corruption and bureaucracy. Antiquated cheap knock off armor from late 70s and early 80s, air force which can be splashed out of the air even by handicapped Bosnia at this point (thank you Yanks for Patriots :) ), economy which at this point is stagnating and you have to take in mind general mental/moral state of the general population. They experienced hardships in their life thanks to sanctions and know what would it mean again if Yanks and Njemci start ripping out life support cords which keep Serbia alive. Hell they don't even have to fire a single bullet, all they have to do is call in those ever increasing debts and see how does that play out.

You my friend are a typical example why I hate Balkanian diaspora, calling for "paying for old debts" out of their comfy chairs few thousand miles away while some poor sod (which wasn't lucky enough to have pussies for parents which fled their native countries when going got though) comes back home minus an arm or a leg if at all.

Methmatician
11-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Are we going to add this about every country that Apricity has a special forum about, or we're going to use only one language instead, as it's already happening, but in the Kosov? case we use Albanian rather that Serbian. Frankly the Serbs of Kosovo doesn't not even want to live in there. Some of them are moving in Vojvodina, some others are requesting unification with Serbia.

If you don't want to display both names, then use the English version.

mysticism
11-17-2012, 10:06 AM
You are talking about a nation with 30K professional soldiers of which most of the Officer Corps got there thanks to corruption and bureaucracy. Antiquated cheap knock off armor from late 70s and early 80s, air force which can be splashed out of the air even by handicapped Bosnia at this point (thank you Yanks for Patriots :) ), economy which at this point is stagnating and you have to take in mind general mental/moral state of the general population. They experienced hardships in their life thanks to sanctions and know what would it mean again if Yanks and Njemci start ripping out life support cords which keep Serbia alive. Hell they don't even have to fire a single bullet, all they have to do is call in those ever increasing debts and see how does that play out.

You my friend are a typical example why I hate Balkanian diaspora, calling for "paying for old debts" out of their comfy chairs few thousand miles away while some poor sod (which wasn't lucky enough to have pussies for parents which fled their native countries when going got though) comes back home minus an arm or a leg if at all.

After this long-winded rant I'm sure you realize yourself you are wrong.

Sultan Suleiman
11-17-2012, 10:07 AM
After this long-winded rant I'm sure you realize yourself you are wrong.

Well keep living in your diaspora fantasy :thumb001:

Every single sane Balkanian will tell you the very same thing I just posted here.

mysticism
11-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Well keep living in your diaspora fantasy :thumb001:

Every single sane Balkanian will tell you the very same thing I just posted here.

The fact most internet-users are pacifists has nothing to do with the reality on the ground...:rolleyes:

Mans not hot
11-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Please correct that, make it Kosovė or Kosova. Please appreciate the Albanian language. Thank you for your time, I hope I didn't created misunderstandings.
Why, what's wrong with Kosovo? It's just a name, get over it.

Sultan Suleiman
11-17-2012, 10:18 AM
The fact most internet-users are pacifists has nothing to do with the reality on the ground...:rolleyes:

Okay, you saw right trough my takiyah. Serbia is actually a military superpower, with a growing economy capable of sustaining an intercontinental world war, completely isolated from the world's monetary system, immune to laws of logic and logistic. And let's not forget the modern high tech toys Serbia's military R&D poops out every few days. How will Albos ever survive your reconquest of Kosovo? :(

Harry Potter
11-17-2012, 10:20 AM
For a black hole, even a dim-shade is bright.

All the recognitions of Kosovo are worth just as much as the 2 or 3 for SO and Abkhazia. There is no objectivity in calling one pseudo-state and the other authentic. The parameters aren't there. You do not have UN membership, that is end of story for you. Be thankful for every day Serbia doesn't invade you.

Oh, so being recognized from Transnistria is more important than being recognized from Germany, I really missed that.

Serbia to invade Kosovo or Albania?

You know what consequences that would have to all of your neighbors?

Do you think Croats, Bosnians, Hungarians, Romanians, Bulgarians, Macedonians, Montenegrins and even Greeks never seen any map of Greater Serbia? What do you think, that they're stupid? And you're missing the whole big point, Albania is a member of the NATO, you declare war on Albania, you're in war with any NATO member, this is what the NATO treaty is about. I want to see some Serb soldiers with only AK-47s on their hands to fight against half Europe.

They can invade anyone on the internet.

If you don't want to display both names, then use the English version.

Or you give to the Kosovans the same equal treatment that you give to the Finnish people on this forum, which would be much more fair, don't you think?

Why, what's wrong with Kosovo? It's just a name, get over it.

So, you wouldn't mind if the mods would change the name of your sub-forum from Polska to Polen, right? Is it the same?

mysticism
11-17-2012, 10:28 AM
One of the largest military bases in the ex-YU was created in 2009 in Bujanovac, along the eastern border of Kosovo.
http://www.balcanicaucaso.org/eng/Regions-and-countries/Serbia/The-Serbian-Bondsteel

VV if you're going to bet on the albs, just make sure you're good for it......ok

Methmatician
11-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Or you give to the Kosovans the same equal treatment that you give to the Finnish people on this forum, which would be much more fair, don't you think?

What are you on about? :picard2: I didn't decide the name for the Finnish sub-section, and I didn't even know what it was called until you told me.

Hurrem sultana
11-17-2012, 10:30 AM
It would not be fair to add Kosova,especially since a part of Kosovo population says Kosovo,and KOSOVO is also english/international version

mysticism
11-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Oh, so being recognized from Transnistria is more important than being recognized from Germany, I really missed that.

Not more, but equally as unimportant.

Serbia to invade Kosovo or Albania?

Wake up and smell the napalm. Do you even know where the Balkans is located?

You know what consequences that would have to all of your neighbors?

Do you think Croats, Bosnians, Hungarians, Romanians, Bulgarians, Macedonians, Montenegrins and even Greeks never seen any map of Greater Serbia? What do you think, that they're stupid? And you're missing the whole big point, Albania is a member of the NATO, you declare war on Albania, you're in war with any NATO member, this is what the NATO treaty is about. I want to see some Serb soldiers with only AK-47s on their hands to fight against half Europe.

Noone cares what a sad handful of banana-states have to say. They can't take a piss without NATO/EU direction.

Serbia militarily reasserting itself on it's province Kosovo is within it's full-rights. Waging war on Albania would not be necessary. NATO had a hell of a time trying to operate last time, now will be infinitely harder. Where are they in Syria.

Keep thanking whatever higher power that you have Albanians in Kosovo each and every day you can.

Harry Potter
11-17-2012, 10:38 AM
It would not be fair to add Kosova,especially since a part of Kosovo population says Kosovo,and KOSOVO is also english/international version

I'm not saying to add "Kosova", but to remove "Kosovo" and substitute it with "Kosova". Yes, less then 10% of the population of Kosovo calls the country "Kosovo" and would be unfair to change it. But when over 90% calls it Kosova, and their not respected about that, it's just fine to you?! Discriminating less than 10% is not good, but discriminating over 90% is totally legit.:confused:

There are countries who use neither Kosovo or Kosova, just like there are countries who use Kosova instead of Kosovo.

Not that I'm thinking with what little I know about the Serb language, even Kosova is used, isn't it? So in Serbian even Kosova(Косова) is correct, while in Albanian Kosovo doesn't make any sense.

Harry Potter
11-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Wake up and smell the napalm. Do you even know where the Balkans is located?

I smell no napalm in here, I smell only flowers.

I live in the Balkans, you live in Austria. You tell me if you know where the Balkans is located or not.

Can you please stop going off-topic all the time. If you got nothing to say about the topic please write nothing.

Sultan Suleiman
11-17-2012, 10:42 AM
One of the largest military bases in the ex-YU was created in 2009 in Bujanovac, along the eastern border of Kosovo.
http://www.balcanicaucaso.org/eng/Regions-and-countries/Serbia/The-Serbian-Bondsteel

So wait you put your largest base in range of Albo guns and hope to have any tactical use of that base when the shells and missiles start flying? Buddy even you can see this is an obvius political show of strength.

VV if you're going to bet on the albs, just make sure you're good for it......ok

I honestly don't see any wining sides here. Just another potentially ruined generation.

mysticism
11-17-2012, 10:49 AM
I smell no napalm in here, I smell only flowers.

I live in the Balkans, you live in Austria. You tell me if you know where the Balkans is located or not.

Can you please stop going off-topic all the time. If you got nothing to say about the topic please write nothing.

For a person who allegedly lives in a region where a war rages every 10 years or so, you sure are ignorant to it.

On topic: NO, you are pseudo-state, no name change it's frivolous.

VV - this isn't Rome Total War, this is real-life, where albs ride donkeys into battle and NATO peacekeepers are deserting by the flock.

Flintlocke
11-17-2012, 11:11 AM
I smell something fishy about this guy...

Hevo
11-17-2012, 11:14 AM
So, you wouldn't mind if the mods would change the name of your sub-forum from Polska to Polen, right? Is it the same?

I dont mind if its called either Poland/Polska. Be happy that there is a subforum called Kosovo.

Rron
11-17-2012, 11:24 AM
I dont mind if its called either Poland/Polska. Be happy that there is a subforum called Kosovo.
Why do you mean that, why is such surprise having our subforum, here are more Kosovo Albanian members (no matter if they live outside Kosovo or not) than from, ok while im replying to you lets take for example your country.

dralos
11-17-2012, 11:35 AM
a poalck has no right atall to say to us what we should be happy about or not,thank you very much:)

Hevo
11-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Why do you mean that, why is such surprise having our subforum, here are more Kosovo Albanian members (no matter if they live outside Kosovo or not) than from, ok while im replying to you lets take for example your country.

Uhm the majority of the world doesn't even recognise Kosovo, so i dont know why you are whining about the word while you have already a subforum. I dont give a damm if it's called either the Netherlands or Nederland. I am ok with it.

En dralos, ga janken om een woord man tjonge jonge.

dralos
11-17-2012, 11:51 AM
maar jij moet je er niet mee bemoeien sinds je ons haat en ons wou vermoorden

Hevo
11-17-2012, 11:54 AM
maar jij moet je er niet mee bemoeien sinds je ons haat en ons wou vermoorden

Komt die daar weer mee.:picard2: Polak hater.

dralos
11-17-2012, 11:56 AM
ik haat polen echt niet,ik respecteer die mensen omdat ze harde werkers zijn en ook zeer vriendelijk mensen maar jij haat ons

Mans not hot
11-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Stel dit forum niet besmetten met je nigger gif, dralos.

Mans not hot
11-17-2012, 11:57 AM
No, I don't mind at all. I'm not a butthurt shitard like you, sheeptard.

Hevo
11-17-2012, 12:00 PM
ik haat polen echt niet,ik respecteer die mensen omdat ze harde werkers zijn en ook zeer vriendelijk mensen maar jij haat ons

Ja hoor dralos, daarom ben je zo geobsedeerd met slavs haha. Kijk wat je allemaal schrijft man.Ik haat geen albo's, ik ben voor Servie, zoiets noem je een mening.

Mans not hot
11-17-2012, 12:16 PM
^indeed, brother slav. He's obsessed with Slavs and jealous of Slavs, thus that's why he spend time too much trolling Slavs on the nut.

Rron
11-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Those which call it Kosovo are approximately 6-7 %, while 93% of population call it Kosovė, in content of those which call it Kosovo is also your ethnic group however you together with goranis make around 2% of population.Now
use your logic and think, is it more fair to call it Kosovė according to its 93% population and use it in similar context same as examples of other regional forums.
In Serbia only 82% percent of population are serbs,so percentage of those which dont call that state how serbs call it is higher than in case of Kosovo , but name of their subforum is not in international version.

Also international name of Fyrom is exactly Fyrom, look name of their subforum, to add of course that only around 50% percent of total population are slavo-fyromians ?

Harry Potter
11-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Those which call it Kosovo are approximately 6-7 %, while 93% of population call it Kosovė, in content of those which call it Kosovo is also your ethnic group however you together with goranis make around 2% of population.Now
use your logic and think, is it more fair to call it Kosovė according to its 93% population and use it in similar context same as examples of other regional forums.
In Serbia only 82% percent of population are serbs,so percentage of those which dont call that state how serbs call it is higher than in case of Kosovo , but name of their subforum is not in international version.

Also international name of Fyrom is exactly Fyrom, look name of their subforum, to add of course that only around 50% percent of total population are slavo-fyromians ?

I think would be better Kosova. I think sounds better in trajta e shquar you know, just like the other sub-forum, is called Shqipėria, not Shqipėri.

Vukodav
11-17-2012, 04:46 PM
as Hevo said, be happy for having Kosovo subforum, don't whine about its name.
Loki gave you a finger, now you want the whole hand... have same dignity and shut up.

dralos
11-17-2012, 04:48 PM
as Hevo said, be happy for having Kosovo subforum, don't whine about its name.
Loki gave you a finger, now you want the whole hand... have same dignity and shut up.
dont act like a bitch,kosova is a country and loki made the subforum bcs of that,now deal with it:thumb001:

Rron
11-17-2012, 04:55 PM
I think would be better Kosova. I think sounds better in trajta e shquar you know, just like the other sub-forum, is called Shqipėria, not Shqipėri.
Although Kosovė is in trajta e pashquar as this form is base of name it wouldnt be problem but anyhow trajta e shquar have more determinative sense,thus i agree about Kosova.

Mans not hot
11-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Although trajta e pashquar is base of name it wouldnt be problem , anyhow trajta e shquar have more determinative sense,thus i agree about Kosovo.
Fixed.

Rron
11-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Fixed.
Find another place for troll , if you want civilized discussion we appreciate that, otherwise you are not welcome with your 1 line or 2 lines of contribution.

Loki
11-17-2012, 05:04 PM
In this sub-forum I noticed that the various versions of it are based on the local language, Lietuva instead of Lithania, Italia instead of Italy etc. But this doesn't happen about Kosov[o]. Please correct that, make it Kosovė or Kosova. Please appreciate the Albanian language. Thank you for your time, I hope I didn't created misunderstandings.

Sure, send me a linguistically correct Kosovar slogan and I will add it :) (but no politics)

Vukodav
11-17-2012, 05:07 PM
dont act like a bitch,kosova is a country and loki made the subforum bcs of that,now deal with it:thumb001:

you desperately need a confirmation that you are country, that's why you are whining so much.
there are European countries who are recognized by every single state in the world, yet they don't have a a subforum here. keep in mind that this forum is not reflection of real world.
anyway, I am not posting here anymore, just noticed that it is in Kosovo section...

Anusiya
11-17-2012, 05:07 PM
:dielaughing:They changed a name and the donkey gave a shit in the orchard! :D

dralos
11-17-2012, 05:08 PM
good thing montenegro has accepted the reality of independent kosova,so you do live in that reality,buddy

dralos
11-17-2012, 05:09 PM
They changed a name and the donkey gave a shit in the orchard! :D
heard some guys are whinning about macedonia,who would they be?:D

Harry Potter
11-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Sure, send me a linguistically correct Kosovar slogan and I will add it :) (but no politics)

Sorry, my English is very bad. I don't really understand what you're looking for. You need a reference that the word in Albanian language is Kosova?

+ in English is said Kosovan, not Kosovar, that would be Albanian language version of the word. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosova

http://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosova

http://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Косова

I am pointing out 3 important things in here:

1-Give to the Kosovan forum members the same equal treatment as the Finnish members. Kosova and not Kosovo, Suomi and not Finland.

2-If you'll have to decide between the two versions, you're going to consider +92% of the population of Kosovo or less than 7%? Kosova wins again.

3-Even if you want to be fair with the Serbs, Kosova can be used linguistically and has the same meaning as Kosovo. While in Albanian just Kosova makes sense, because Kosovo is a strange word. The international spelling doesn't count, because there are countries who use Kosovo others who use Kosova and even those who use neither of them.

Guapo
11-17-2012, 06:22 PM
the word doesnt even have any meaning in albanian either way you spell it. :rotfl:

Rron
11-17-2012, 06:28 PM
the word doesnt even have any meaning in albanian either way you spell it. :rotfl:
Thats not the case in this thread , for record even your ethnonym serb doesnt have any meaning in serbian language, just thought.

Guapo
11-17-2012, 06:30 PM
your ethnonym serb doesnt have any menaing in serbian language, just thought.

That's not the case in this read, Ranko, so don't avoid the subject. Kosovo is a slavic word.

Flintlocke
11-17-2012, 06:32 PM
So is Arahova but it's 1 hour drive from Athens.

Harry Potter
11-17-2012, 06:34 PM

That's not what I exactly meant, but Metoxia(Metohia) is Greek by the way. Even the Serbs have to adopt it from other languages. Frankly I think Kosovo means nothing in modern Serbian.

Veneda
11-17-2012, 06:59 PM
‘Kos’ in Polish means ‘blackbird’, so I think Serbs have this word as well.

These are Polish toponyms of Kosowo (we pronounce ‘w’ as ‘v’):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosowo,_Pomeranian_Voivodeship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosowo,_%C5%9Awiecie_County

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosowo,_Tuchola_County

Mans not hot
11-17-2012, 07:26 PM
^Kosowo jest Polska.

Rron
11-17-2012, 08:03 PM
‘Kos’ in Polish means ‘blackbird’, so I think Serbs have this word as well.

These are Polish toponyms of Kosowo (we pronounce ‘w’ as ‘v’):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosowo,_Pomeranian_Voivodeship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosowo,_%C5%9Awiecie_County

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosowo,_Tuchola_County
This just show that toponym Kosovo its not serbian, while being exclusively serbian and being generaly slavic is different,but the ask is to be written in regular linguistically way,in sense how its used by 93% of population.

Veneda
11-17-2012, 08:26 PM
This just show that toponym Kosovo its not serbian, while being exclusively serbian and being generaly slavic is different,but the ask is to be written in regular linguistically way,in sense how its used by 93% of population.

Kos (blackbird) is not modern word, so it cannot be exclusively Serbian. How people like Slavs who belong to the same linguistic family can have different non-modern words? The point is that toponyms are relicts of linguistics, while population which inhabits them can change in time.

Rron
11-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Kos (blackbird) is not modern word, so it cannot be exclusively Serbian. How people like Slavs who belong to the same linguistic family can have different non-modern words? The point is that toponyms are relicts of linguistics, while population which inhabits them can change in time.
Im not talking about lingusitically concept of language, but usage of toponyms in political doctrine to arrive certain goals throught propaganda or other methods (serbs say Kosovo is serbian word), or using as you said general language relicts to manipulate and change facts, by embezzling them

Veneda
11-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Im not talking about lingusitically concept of language, but usage of toponyms in political doctrine to arrive certain goals throught propaganda or other methods (serbs say Kosovo is serbian word), or using as you said general language relicts to manipulate and change facts, by embezzling them
Serbs are right. Kosovo is Serbian toponym, as it is general Slavic toponym as well. Interchanging ‘o’ with ‘ė’ or 'a' in this toponym results in making artificial linguistic construct, which seems to be manipulation serving current politics.

Rron
11-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Serbs are right. Kosovo is Serbian toponym, as it is general Slavic toponym as well. Interchanging ‘o’ with ‘ė’ or 'a' in this toponym results in making artificial linguistic construct, which seems to be manipulation serving current politics.
If you would be more informed about situation in this area, you would not say this (if you are biased then its another story), because todays Kosovo name wasnt as is it now not either in antiquity nor in middle ages, this teritory didnt had toponym as integrality but was named predominantly in regional sense for example Plain of Dukagjini etc.
Usage of Kosovo toponym was not just artificial linguistic construct, but also total try to interfere in nature of region, with aim to change demography.

Guapo
11-17-2012, 11:08 PM
If you would be more informed about situation in this area, you would not say this (if you are biased then its another story), because todays Kosovo name wasnt as is it now not either in antiquity nor in middle ages, this teritory didnt had toponym as integrality but was named predominantly in regional sense for example Plain of Dukagjini etc.
Usage of Kosovo toponym was not just artificial linguistic construct, but also total try to interfere in nature of region, with aim to change demography.

fail. Thread closed.

Mans not hot
11-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Thread opened.

Veneda
11-17-2012, 11:40 PM

You claim to alternate the place name called Kosovo with Kosova or Kosovė, by changing the ending of the word, which is alien to Slavic languages. Mentioning the other name of this place like Plain of Dukagjini has nothing to do with what you are asking for. I just proved you that the term "Kosovo" is Serbian or/and Slavic in the broader perspective. What is you point then? I am not a fan of going in circles.

Mraz
11-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Can't you merge Kosovo with Albania?

dralos
11-17-2012, 11:43 PM
edit

Rron
11-18-2012, 12:04 AM
You claim to alternate the place name called Kosovo with Kosova or Kosovė, by changing the ending of the word, which is alien to Slavic languages. Mentioning the other name of this place like Plain of Dukagjini has nothing to do with what you are asking for. I just proved you that the term "Kosovo" is Serbian or/and Slavic in the broader perspective. What is you point then? I am not a fan of going in circles.
The place name by 93% of population is called Kosovė or Kosova, since it was subject of toponym change and took the name as integral part.
But only one part of today Kosovo was called on this imposed toponym even by serbs,firstly it was small field later expanded and become artificial lingustic construct serving politics, the other part referring to as i said in earlier post were called in regional sense with various names, for example Metohija which is word of Greek origin.

I am not a fan of going in circles.

Sorry to say this but actually its you who is doing that, because its not like you made any scientific revolution by saying Kosovo is slavic word.

Veneda
11-18-2012, 12:19 AM
The place name by 93% of population is called Kosovė or Kosova, since it was subject of toponym change and took the name as integral part.
But only one part of today Kosovo was called in that way even by serbs,firstly it was small field later expanded and become artificial lingustic construct serving politics, the other part referring to as i said in earlier post were called in regional sense with various names, for example Metohija which is word of Greek origin.

Those 93% of population who call this place Kosovė or Kosova are probably not aware what original word 'Kosovo' means in their language or form where this word derives. Otherwise they wouldn't claim to change the original word according to their likes.

Rron
11-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Those 93% of population who call this place Kosovė or Kosova are probably not aware what original word 'Kosovo' means in their language or form where this word derives. Otherwise they wouldn't claim to change the original word according to their likes.
Those 93% of population are Albanians, have you read entire thread?

Veneda
11-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Sorry to say this but actually its you who is doing that, because its not like you made any scientific revolution by saying Kosovo is slavic word.
So why did'd you say this at the start of this discussion, if you were aware of that?

Veneda
11-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Those 93% of population are Albanians, have you read entire thread?
Yes, I have and I am reffering to those who want to change the name of this place.

Rron
11-18-2012, 12:34 AM
So why did'd you say this at the start of this discussion, if you were aware of that?

Read first post of the thread and you will understand point ,while here is my first post in this thread:

Veneda
11-18-2012, 12:52 AM
Read first post of the thread and you will understand point ,while here is my first post in this thread:

Those which call it Kosovo are approximately 6-7 %,

Those 6-7 % who call Kosovo/Kosowo are not only local inhabitants of the area. The existing Polish toponyms of Kosowo are not the result of Serbian political propaganda :rolleyes:

Rron
11-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Those 6-7 % who call Kosovo/Kosowo are not only local inhabitants of the area. The existing Polish toponyms of Kosowo are not the result of Serbian political propaganda :rolleyes:
All the time im trying to make it more simple for you by saying read first post of the thread then my first post which i quoted but seems no success.

We are aware that Kosovo is international name, while we Albanians call it Kosovė or Kosova,now having in account that for example Fyrom is recognized by that name internationaly but in forum it used word Macedonia in cyrillic in the way how they call it,point of OP of the thread was to rename our subforum in Kosova, word which is used by 93% of population.

Guapo
11-18-2012, 01:06 AM
http://www.nationspresse.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/20080219090810_kosovo_je_srbija3.jpg

Mans not hot
11-18-2012, 01:09 AM
http://www.22pkwkfor.wp.mil.pl/plik/image/Kosowo/Polska_i_Kosowo2.jpg

Veneda
11-18-2012, 01:25 AM
We are aware that Kosovo is international name, while we Albanians call it Kosovė or Kosova

Glad to hear that you are aware of that. We, Slavs, call it Kosovo instead of Kosovė or Kosova, so why do you claim to keep Slavic original place name, which is inferior to you, with only small change of the ending of the word? Why it is so important to you, if the toponim is not Albanian in its origin?

Veneda
11-18-2012, 01:41 AM

Thanks bro, I forgot about this Polish toponim :) - Kosów, Łódź Voivodeship, Central Poland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kos%C3%B3w,_%C5%81%C3%B3d%C5%BA_Voivodeship).

Rron
11-18-2012, 01:54 AM
Glad to hear that you are aware of that. We, Slavs, call it Kosovo instead of Kosovė or Kosova, so why do you claim to keep Slavic original place name, which is inferior to you, with only small change of the ending of the word? Why it is so important to you, if the toponim is not Albanian in its origin?
What can i say, except that imposed political forms are very weird, but tell me which one of these you like more:
Dardania.
North Albania
Upper Albania

Veneda
11-18-2012, 02:15 AM
What can i say, except that imposed political forms are very weird, but tell me which one of these you like more:
Dardania.
North Albania
Upper Albania

None. I am neutral, but I respect you avoid answering to my questions.

Guapo
11-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Dardania.
North Albania
Upper Albania

How about Islamic shithole of Europe, aside from albania that is.

Veneda
11-18-2012, 02:17 AM
:lol00002: :lol00002: Poland just had a heartattack
Sure http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/knit.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

alb0zfinest
11-18-2012, 02:25 AM
lol judging by the tags in this thread it shows how mature the Serb members really are. Just observe Guapos post in this page and that should tell enough. And I'm the immature kid around here :rolleyes:
As for the Kosova subform name issue i concur with Mraz merge it with Albania, Kosova after all is Albanian land.

Harry Potter
11-18-2012, 06:44 AM

It looks like this forum doesn't have any rules, before I was wondering why it was so hard to find where the forum rules are. It's hard to find them, because they don't exist.

They only thing that you Guapo has done is offending since the beginning of the thread, like this you just make my point even stronger. Those who oppose my idea are just a bunch of uneducated folks.

@Veneda

You're missing the big point in here. Is not about the origin of the word, but about what is the word used by the locals. If it's about the origin of the word then let's rename half of the forums:

Bosnia>Bosona
Canada>Kanata
Espana>Hispania
France>Frankreich
Hrvatska>Chrobatia
Portugal>Lusitania
Romania>Wallachia/Dacia
Shqipėria>Arbėria
Sverige>Scania/Skane
Srbija>Raska
Turkiye>Galatia/Anatolia
UK>Albion
USA>13 colonies

But this is not the point of the discussion, we use Canada instead of Kanata, because that's how the Canadians say it. We use France instead of Frankreich because that's the word that the French use, no matter that the old word was Germanic. This is what I asked, equal treatment even for the forum members that are from Kosovo. Give them equal treatment as the other forum members and rename this sub-forum Kosova.

Hevo
11-18-2012, 07:04 AM

Kosowo jest Serbskie i Polska!

http://i48.tinypic.com/rc4veo.jpg

Mans not hot
11-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Give them equal treatment as the other forum members and rename this sub-forum Kosova.
No. Its not gonna happen.

Anusiya
11-18-2012, 09:55 AM
WTF Miley Cyrus got a tit grab?! :D

Guapo
11-18-2012, 12:11 PM
It looks like this forum doesn't have any rules, before I was wondering why it was so hard to find where the forum rules are. It's hard to find them, because they don't exist.

They only thing that you Guapo has done is offending since the beginning of the thread, like this you just make my point even stronger. Those who oppose my idea are just a bunch of uneducated folks.

Right, keep trolling.

Ulex
11-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Kosovo is Kosovo, you Albanian shithead. Just because you won a war, which you could never have won on your own, doesn't entitle you to rename a region belonging to the Serbs. You suck, and so does your people, and you would have been nothing but a joke of History, if it wasn't for the forces of anti-European NATO. The mere excistence of the Albanian people constantly reminds us why Europe is decaying.

Mans not hot
11-18-2012, 12:29 PM
WTF Miley Cyrus got a tit grab?! :D
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m526q368di1rq82fy.gif

Aura
11-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Kosovo is Kosovo, you Albanian shithead. Just because you won a war, which you could never have won on your own, doesn't entitle you to rename a region belonging to the Serbs. You suck, and so does your people, and you would have been nothing but a joke of History, if it wasn't for the forces of anti-European NATO. The mere excistence of the Albanian people constantly reminds us why Europe is decaying.

You and xx have the right to cry also,just saying!

Guapo
11-18-2012, 12:34 PM

Most Europeans think like this.

Rron
11-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Behave , none of Albanian have posted anything insultative in your section.
Interuption in cases when you dont have basic information is trait of irresponsibility and ignorance, i can say this because your post is nothing more than that.
Its up to individuals and their personal issue if they want to stay ignorant or make favour to their brain by reading ,principle which increase mentation and would serve them that a result to think before post something similar to this your post. .

Flintlocke
11-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Since I'm not Kosovar I never had any hatred toward the Serbs and Christ knows I've always tried to find common ground and make way for understanding and try to mend past differences. With sadness I see this is not possible. When everything I do falls by the wayside, when no one takes time to think and try to better things, and all I see is hatred and vitriol calls bordering on genocide and continuous downgrading and insulting and degenerating statements for ALbanians by you I have to no choice but to get driven to hatred. You people deserve nothing but misery, oppression and all the worst that can happen to you. You are an ignorant, bloodthirsty bunch of animals. I have been made to hate you with all my being and will always do so. May you backwards nationalists get wiped off the face of the earth, for the good of Albania, Serbia and all the white race.

Damićo de Góis
11-18-2012, 02:06 PM
You're missing the big point in here. Is not about the origin of the word, but about what is the word used by the locals. If it's about the origin of the word then let's rename half of the forums:

Bosnia>Bosona
Canada>Kanata
Espana>Hispania
France>Frankreich
Hrvatska>Chrobatia
Portugal>Lusitania
Romania>Wallachia/Dacia
Shqipėria>Arbėria
Sverige>Scania/Skane
Srbija>Raska
Turkiye>Galatia/Anatolia
UK>Albion
USA>13 colonies

I don't know about the rest but "Portugal" doesn't have anything to do with Lusitania. Lusitania was a roman province named after a tribe called Lusitani, who were just one of the many tribes that inhabited the area:

Tribe:

http://files.giltradutor.webnode.com.br/200000144-8efe58ff84/Ethnographic_Iberia_200_BCE.png

Roman Province:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110204224555/historyatlas/images/c/ca/Iberia-Roman_Empire-116.PNG

Some centuries later, during the christian reconquest from the moors, some lands were given to a knight as a reward for fighting. It was called Portucalense County, named after the city of Portucale (modern Porto).

http://lh4.ggpht.com/c.alberto.vaz/R9ASsULuJoI/AAAAAAAAAQA/ipJjEEhgOog/MapadosreinoscristosnosculoXI_thumb2

This county would eventually become independent from Castille-Leon and would be called Kingdom of Portugal. It also would expand south.

So no...

Aura
11-18-2012, 02:34 PM
:eek: No Jesus he means love!!!:(

Harry Potter
11-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Since I'm not Kosovar I never had any hatred toward the Serbs and Christ knows I've always tried to find common ground and make way for understanding and try to mend past differences. With sadness I see this is not possible. When everything I do falls by the wayside, when no one takes time to think and try to better things, and all I see is hatred and vitriol calls bordering on genocide and continuous downgrading and insulting and degenerating statements for ALbanians by you I have to no choice but to get driven to hatred. You people deserve nothing but misery, oppression and all the worst that can happen to you. You are an ignorant, bloodthirsty bunch of animals. I have been made to hate you with all my being and will always do so. May you backwards nationalists get wiped off the face of the earth, for the good of Albania, Serbia and all the white race.

In your profile I read "White supremacist". In this case you're right, ethno-centrism is killing the White race, because Whites spend too much time fighting each others and are being slowly absorbed by non-Whites, especially in Texas, Florida, England and Marseille.

@Alex

Forget those maps, you can't learn history by looking at some maps on Google. Portuguese call themselves Lusitans, they call the Portuguese speakers Lusophones. Even in sport events they are mostly described as Lusitans or Lusitanic.

Damićo de Góis
11-18-2012, 02:45 PM
@Alex

Forget those maps, you can't learn history by looking at some maps on Google. Portuguese call themselves Lusitans, they call the Portuguese speakers Lusophones. Even in sport events they are mostly described as Lusitans or Lusitanic.

Wait, i am from Portugal in case you haven't noticed. I mean really Portugal, not America or Canada. I explained to you where the words Lusitania and Portugal come fom, and they are not related. The reason why we adopted the word "luso" for ourselves was because a poet did so in the XVI century. But to say Portugal should be called Lusitania is completely innaccurate.

Harry Potter
11-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Wait, i am from Portugal in case you haven't noticed. I mean really Portugal, not America or Canada. I explained to you where the words Lusitania and Portugal come fom, and they are not related. The reason why we adopted the word "luso" for ourselves was because a poet did so in the XVI century. But to say Portugal should be called Lusitania is completely innaccurate.

True, I didn't noticed where you are from.:p

I used the Lusitania example to point out something else. But still the biggest part of modern Portugal has been called Lusitania for centuries, wouldn't be so wrong anyway. It might be used for romantic nationalism, claiming heritage from ancient people that you might have nothing to do, just like the Serbs does.:D

Veneda
11-18-2012, 04:42 PM
@Veneda

You're missing the big point in here. Is not about the origin of the word, but about what is the word used by the locals (...)

Let me put it like this. You use Serbian product with Albanian label and want the rest of the world to believe that the product is Albanian made. What is the logic behind this?

Rron
11-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Let me put it like this. You use Serbian product with Albanian label and want the rest of the world to believe that the product is Albanian made. What is the logic behind this?
Again being slavic generaly doesnt mean being exclusively serbian , second if would be up to Albanians we would rename it in one of those three names which i mentioned in my last post when i replied to you, but its internationaly recognised as Kosovo.
We only want to be written it in same way as other regional forums, in regular linguistic form how its population use it.

Harry Potter
11-19-2012, 07:32 PM

Give to the Kosovan forum members the same right that you give to the Finnish ones. I don't care if the Swedish minority of Finland or the international organizations use the word "Finland", because the majority of the population of Finland uses the word "Suomi" and that's even the word that you use on this forum, do the same with Kosova.

Harry Potter
11-22-2012, 09:15 PM
So, Apricity can we have an official answer. Can you please change the name of this sub-forum from Kosovo to Kosova?

Anusiya
11-23-2012, 12:47 PM

free market. Miele washing machines made in Germany, assembled in Turkey! :D

Harry Potter
11-24-2012, 04:10 PM
free market. Miele washing machines made in Germany, assembled in Turkey! :D

Hey, but in Germany they added the part where's written "Made in Germany".

http://avalonsguide.com/wordpressing/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Laughing_RoflSmileyLJ.gif

Sisak
11-24-2012, 07:38 PM

in croatia , we have last names Kos, Kosor, Kosanovic, etc

Rron
11-24-2012, 09:38 PM
First linguistical interaction between Albanians and slavs was not with Serbs, or other south-slavic ex Yugoslavs, but with Bulgarians.

Here it is the notation which one you can find in this subforum,thread called On the authochthony of Albanians in Kosova its a detailed study:

The little archeological evidence that could indicate the presence of Slavic culture in the Albanian territories at earlier times is very isolated and limited to a short period of time. The evidence shows that these Slavic elements did not constitute a distinctive culture that coexisted side by side with the Arbėresh (Albanian) culture of the early Middle Ages. The archeological findings that show the existence of a Slav culture date to a later time.

Veneda
11-24-2012, 09:43 PM
in croatia , we have last names Kos, Kosor, Kosanovic, etc

Same here: Kos, Kosowiec, Kosowicz, Kosowski, Kosiński etc.

Rron
11-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Henrik Baric study ancient and medieval onomastic of Dardania.Examining these ancient toponyms, he argues that,

“the phonetic characteristics show that they are ancient names that Southern Slavs have taken through the Albanian language. The reason for making this argument is that in these toponyms we find that the phonetic changes were performed before the arrival of the Southern Slavs in the historic territories of the Albanians.”

Rron
11-25-2012, 12:47 AM
As you can understand its not serbian word, also the other name which they use Metohija, is of greek origin.

Ulex
11-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Behave , none of Albanian have posted anything insultative in your section.
Interuption in cases when you dont have basic information is trait of irresponsibility and ignorance, i can say this because your post is nothing more than that.
Its up to individuals and their personal issue if they want to stay ignorant or make favour to their brain by reading ,principle which increase mentation and would serve them that a result to think before post something similar to this your post. .

Basic information? The History of Albania can be written on the back side of a stamp, so there is not much to learn. Besides, what I did observe, when NATO intervened in Kosovo on your behalf, was a very unpleasant thing that could not have been changed even if I did take the time to study your puny history and your "basic" information.

Now, if you guys stood up against the Serbians on your own, Kosovo should be yours. This is the law of nature. But it didn't happen that way, did it? You were a bunch of cowards having white men bombing the shit out of the Serbians, when you were doing nothing but posing in your camouflage uniforms.

The land is NOT yours. You did nothing to build it, and you did nothing to win it. You benefit from decadent rulers of the West - and that's it.

Guapo
11-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Basic information? The History of Albania can be written on the back side of a stamp, so there is not much to learn. Besides, what I did observe, when NATO intervened in Kosovo on your behalf, was a very unpleasant thing that could not have been changed even if I did take the time to study your puny history and your "basic" information.

Now, if you guys stood up against the Serbians on your own, Kosovo should be yours. This is the law of nature. But it didn't happen that way, did it? You were a bunch of cowards having white men bombing the shit out of the Serbians, when you were doing nothing but posing in your camouflage uniforms.

The land is NOT yours. You did nothing to build it, and you did nothing to win it. You benefit from decadent rulers of the West - and that's it.

:clap:

Drawing-slim
11-28-2012, 12:47 AM

The land is NOT yours. You did nothing to build it, and you did nothing to win it. You benefit from decadent rulers of the West - and that's it.Congrats, you're the champoin moron:thumb001:

Guapo
11-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Congrats, you're the champoin moron:thumb001:

No you are, you can't spell if your life depended on it!

Drawing-slim
11-28-2012, 12:53 AM
No you are, you can't spell if your life depended on it!The letters are all there, put them in order you lazy parasite.
And take that signature off, Now!!

Guapo
11-28-2012, 12:59 AM
The letters are all there, put them in order you lazy parasite.
And take that signature off, Now!!

the parasite in your underwear.....

http://www.troll.me/images/karma-santa/taaa.jpg

Guapo
12-05-2012, 02:56 AM

America and the European Union are set to collapse very soon, expect a change in Balkan politics.

Rron
12-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Basic information? The History of Albania can be written on the back side of a stamp, so there is not much to learn.
Still out of context, beside that certain periods of history cant be described simply by using such of words like History of Albania can be written on the back side of stamp, or just simply by taking in consideration general assumptions about our voluminous or not voluminous occurrence, every country,nation etc have its own nature of observe , that is relatively.Someone can use same words about your history too, lets say those which are ignorants similar to your position toward history of my nation.

Again wrong, because it was always ours and it will be ,we got back something what was ours we didnt occupied the others territories thats why you cant use terms like law of nature.
May i quote the English historian William Temperley on his work about history of Serbia in book with same name, he used these words :Slavs destroyed wonderful monuments of Roman civilization which was genius creation of glorious emperors like Diocletian and Justinian.Now im asking you, is this your favourable part of history of Europe where Temperley speaks about above mentioned nation (read serbs).

RussiaPrussia
01-21-2013, 10:47 AM
It's not about ethnic pride, it's about equal treatment.

equal treatment?? russia is also just called russia with english name and so are belgium and austria.