PDA

View Full Version : University Security Bulletins

EagleAtHeart
11-21-2012, 07:10 PM
I receive bulletins like this in my email inbox almost very week about a rape, assault or robbery on campus. I'm going to just post them here to archive them and to spur discussion. Unfortunately I deleted most of them, but here's a few I still have:

Date: Today, Nov 21

Dear ***,

On Tuesday night at approximately 8pm, two unknown male suspects approached a student walking between ***and the ***and demanded his wallet. The first suspect held the victim while the second suspect produced a knife. The victim complied and there were no injuries. Security notified the *** Police Services who are investigating the incident.

The first suspect is described as a black male, 5'10", wearing a black hoody with the hood up and a bandana covering his lower face.

The second suspect is described as a black male, 5'10", also wearing a black hoody with the hood up and a bandana covering his lower face and was carrying a knife.

Security has increased campus patrols. Should you have any information about any incident you are asked to contact ***

*** Community members are reminded to always exercise personal safety by:

Being aware of your surroundings and the people around you
Report any suspicious persons or behaviour to Security Services

Date: Nov 18

Dear **,

This morning at 10:30am, an armed robbery was reported to Security Services. An unknown male suspect approached a student in the lobby of the *** building, produced a knife and demanded that the victim give him his watch. The victim complied and there were no injuries. Security Services notified Police Services who are investigating the incident.

The suspect is described as a black male, 19-21 years of age, 5' 7" to 5' 8" in height, weighing approximately 180 lbs and wearing a black hat, blue jeans and a black track-suit jacket with a white stripe down the arms. The suspect was last seen fleeing east along ***.

Being aware of your surroundings and the people around you, and
Reporting any suspicious persons or behaviour to Security Services

Should you have any information about any incident, you are asked to contact the Police Service directly at

Sincerely,

Date: Nov 1

Sexual Assault Alert

^Email was a link to the Police press report of a rape. I'm sure you can guess the suspects description without me posting it

Date: Oct 15

You may have heard about the four reported incidents of unwanted physical contact at *** that occurred last Thursday. This kind of behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated by the University.

In support of campus safety and as part of our commitment to keeping the ** community informed, we'd like to provide details of what happened.

In each instance, a male suspect approached the woman, attempted to speak to her and made inappropriate physical contact as she walked away. Based on reports to Security, the incidents all occurred within a short time frame on Thursday, July 5.

Security is cooperating fully with Police Service in their investigation. As soon as the incidents were reported we stepped up foot and vehicle patrols, which remain in effect.

Should you have any information about any incident you are asked to contact the Police Service directly at

Being aware of your surroundings and the people around you
Reporting any suspicious persons or behaviour to **

^They conveniently forgot to describe the suspect was black.

Date: Sept 21

Arrest made in incident at ***.

*** has been informed today by Police Services that an arrest has been made in the investigation of the discharge of a firearm at ***. on Saturday morning. We are gratified that the University’s close working relationship with police has led to an arrest in the case. Police will schedule a news conference to update the community.

^A black guy shot at a door in the building I live in with a shotgun

Like I said, these alerts are almost weekly now. It's kind of insane that people can't even send their kids to school without the fear of rape, robbery, and assault.

There's also a black gang that's been going around stealing laptops. They walk up to someone sitting in a cafeteria or library using a laptop, grab it, and run out the door where a car is waiting. They've been getting away with this for a year now.

There's more bulletins come come I'm certain..

EagleAtHeart
11-24-2012, 03:57 AM
Another day, another email:

Dear ***,

Two assaults were reported at *** on Friday, Nov. 23, 2012. Security Services responded and the Police Service is investigating both incidents.

At approximately 7 pm, a student and an acquaintance were approached on the ** near the *** Religious Centre by two male suspects, who demanded if they had drugs for sale. When informed they had none, one of the suspects struck the student on the head with a metal pipe. The victim was transported by EMS to hospital.

The suspects are described as two black males, one taller than the other. Both were wearing black coats and blue jeans. One suspect was wearing a black hat with the letter A on it.

At 4:45 pm on Friday, a member of the ** Community reported that an unknown suspect approached her and sexually assaulted her as she was walking into *** and then immediately fled the scene.

The suspect is described as male, black, approximately 19 years old, 5'10" with a slim build, wearing black pants and a red hoodie under a black jacket.

Security Services has increased its patrols on campus and is being augmented by Police Service.

Two in one day