PDA

View Full Version : French Jewish leader: ‘Banning circumcision would eliminate presence of Jewish life in Europe’

microrobert
11-30-2012, 04:18 AM
French Jewish leader: ‘Banning circumcision would eliminate presence of Jewish life in Europe’

Europeans shouldn’t be under any illusions about the true product of legislation banning the practice of religious circumcision in its members states, said Richard Prasquier, President of CRIF, the umbrella representative group of Jewish institutions in France, at a seminar Thursday at the European Parliament in Brussels.

Describing recent legal attacks on religious practices such as ritual slaughter and circumcision as “surprising”, he told the inter-communal dialogue on religious freedom: “Certain traditions denote unity and if Europe continues promoting laws against Jews they will simply leave Europe”.

http://ejpress.org/article/63691

Fear Fiain
07-12-2013, 07:10 AM
So long, farewell aufwiedersehen b'nai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNs3nK31DKc

Anglojew
07-12-2013, 08:28 AM
I can see the arguments against circumcision but the big brother big government approach is also dangerous. As I've said before next the government will convict people for piecing their kids ears and feeding them McDonalds. The Nanny state isn't a good option.

Fear Fiain
07-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I can see the arguments against circumcision but the big brother big government approach is also dangerous. As I've said before next the government will convict people for piecing their kids ears and feeding them McDonalds. The Nanny state isn't a good option.

Nobody is going to believe a word you say a dheibhil iodach

Styggnacke
07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
As I've said before next the government will convict people for piecing their kids ears and feeding them McDonalds.
These sound like terrific suggestions to my ears! McDonald's is unhealthy shit food and there is really no point in piercing your children. What are your objections against it, Jew?

Regarding the OP, though:

“Certain traditions denote unity and if Europe continues promoting laws against Jews they will simply leave Europe”.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IlWMJh3hvhQ/TXS8DxIQVhI/AAAAAAAACPk/CbK7x-Lj-_c/s320/Crocodile%2BTears.bmp

RussiaPrussia
07-12-2013, 07:09 PM
why have jews to circumcimstance themselves? You dont need that to be jewish you can do it later if youre 18, its just a piece of meat.

Baluarte
07-14-2013, 01:40 PM
why have jews to circumcimstance themselves? You dont need that to be jewish you can do it later if youre 18, its just a piece of meat.

The sons of Abraham believe that chopping off a part of their dick is a way to please God.

King Claus
07-14-2013, 01:44 PM
than why not do it?

portusaus
11-18-2013, 04:04 PM
Then what are they waiting for? Human rights and the Jews leave, that's two birds with one stone! Let's ban covered wagons, crystal balls, Qurans and shishkebabs while we're at it.

Loki
11-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Who cares?

Neanderthal
11-18-2013, 04:08 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IlWMJh3hvhQ/TXS8DxIQVhI/AAAAAAAACPk/CbK7x-Lj-_c/s320/Crocodile%2BTears.bmp

King Claus
11-18-2013, 04:09 PM
lol the jews go away from france ;o now they need to come up with something that scares away the other scum.

Neanderthal
11-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Classify this cute couple:
http://michaeltemchine.com/images/uploads/cache/slideshow_ronyoni_48a-667x1000.jpg

Prisoner Of Ice
11-19-2013, 04:09 AM

They should ban mc donalds, but I think this is only to go after jews, which is pretty ridiculous.

Loki
11-19-2013, 06:47 AM
They should ban mc donalds, but I think this is only to go after jews, which is pretty ridiculous.

No, Muslims get circumcized as well.

Hayalet
11-19-2013, 08:25 AM
Nobody is banning circumcision, but the circumcision of children. People can still modify their genitals, just not their children's. Makes perfect sense really.

Loki
11-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Nobody is banning circumcision, but the circumcision of children. People can still modify their genitals, just not their children's. Makes perfect sense really.

I agree. Who could have anything against that? Perfectly reasonable.

Krystal Meth
11-19-2013, 09:47 AM
I am in favour of repressing religious superstitions which can cause physical distress performed on children who can't give informed consent.

Unome
11-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Male genital circumcision is the same as female genital circumcision; both should become banned in the EU. It is inhumane and cruel.

Acquisitor
11-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Male genital circumcision is the same as female genital circumcision; both should become banned in the EU. It is inhumane and cruel.

yup

also for muslims and others ofc.

Unome
11-19-2013, 03:34 PM
yup

also for muslims and others ofc.
If a teenager wants it after a certain age then that seems more reasonable; since it would be his/her choice. But babies do not have a choice.

Dead Eye
11-22-2013, 12:45 AM
It doesn't sound too bad to me.

Bobby Martnen
01-09-2018, 11:23 PM

I agree. Who could have anything against that? Perfectly reasonable.

It's also worth noting that Judaism survived in the Soviet Union without circumcision (most Russian Jews are intact to this day), and Theodor Herzl, the founder of Zionism, didn't cut his son.

Your right to practice your religion ends where someone else's body begins.

OreoMan
11-08-2021, 11:59 AM
I am in favour of repressing religious superstitions which can cause physical distress performed on children who can't give informed consent.

We do many things to children that don't ask for their consent. Not because we hate them, but because we see it as the right thing to do. Children have to take jabs, children have to get their teeth plucked out by the dentist even though the child is practically holding your leg to avoid it. And as far as I know, circumcision doesn't really cause any harm.