PDA

View Full Version : Phobias & disorders

The Alchemist
11-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Have you ever won a phobia or a disorder??? Tell your story.

Jerreiche
11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Have you ever won a phobia or a disorder??? Tell your story.

ah, chicks this days are so much in to this kind of stuff that they think you actually win something by being diagnosed Asperger syndrom or Autism :picard2:

Mortimer
11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
for a short time i did. i dropped from 150kg to 134kg. i have been active, hygienic and happy and confident. but then i got psychotic period and now im worse then i have been. i dont Keep proper hygienes (brushing the teeth, shaving, taking shower). i sleep too few, drink too much coffee like 15 Cup a day and smoke alot like 60+ cigarettes a day. my life will not be Long when i do like that. i also got more anxious and aggressive, i battle my mum and sister because of Peanuts. im incapable of keeping social life and responsibilities. like answering phone calls (eventhough they come from very pretty and lovely female friends) or answering sms and emails. i didnt went to my Job for two weeks. i took break. i dont know what to do. i repeat my life will not be Long and not Quality if i dont Change anything.

The Alchemist
11-30-2012, 05:55 PM
ah, chicks this days are so much in to this kind of stuff that they think you actually win something by being diagnosed Asperger syndrom or Autism :picard2:

I meant if you have won against it :rolleyes:

The Alchemist
11-30-2012, 05:57 PM
for a short time i did. i dropped from 150kg to 134kg. i have been active, hygienic and happy and confident. but then i got psychotic period and now im worse then i have been. i dont Keep proper hygienes (brushing the teeth, shaving, taking shower). i sleep too few, drink too much coffee like 15 Cup a day and smoke alot like 60+ cigarettes a day. my life will not be Long when i do like that. i also got more anxious and aggressive, i battle my mum and sister because of Peanuts. im incapable of keeping social life and responsibilities. like answering phone calls (eventhough they come from very pretty and lovely female friends) or answering sms and emails. i didnt went to my Job for two weeks. i took break. i dont know what to do. i repeat my life will not be Long and not Quality if i dont Change anything.

But you seem to be aware of this rythm of your life. For exemple my aunt suffers schizophrenia too, but she thinks she makes everything right and she's healthy, even if she doesn't even wash her body and stays the whole day at bed. That is really insanity, man.

Mortimer
11-30-2012, 05:59 PM
But you seem to be aware of this rythm of your life. For exemple my aunt suffers schizophrenia too, but she thinks she makes everything right and she's healthy, even if she doesn't even wash her body and stays the whole day at bed. That is really insanity, man.

yes i know it, but im unable to Change. thanks god i still have sanity. but at times i lose sanity i have obsessive and paranoid thoughts, come out of reality. it is when i will say i had pyschotic period

The Alchemist
11-30-2012, 06:01 PM
yes i know it, but im unable to Change. thanks god i still have sanity. but at times i lose sanity i have obsessive and paranoid thoughts, come out of reality. it is when i will say i had pyschotic period

I suggest to stay as much as possible into the society, with people and with something to do, isolation is a suicide, imo.
Btw i faced my fear and won, i think i can stay relaxed. In any place and any time in the world, i think it can never be again, right??

Mortimer
11-30-2012, 06:04 PM
I suggest to stay as much as possible into the society, with people and with something to do, isolation is a suicide, imo.
Btw i faced my fear and won, i think i can stay relaxed. In any place and any time in the world, i think it can never be again, right??

dont be afraid, dont worry. it can never happen again. im sure:)

The Alchemist
11-30-2012, 06:07 PM
dont be afraid, dont worry. it can never happen again. im sure:)

That's all i want :heartbea:
A life ruled by fear isn't worth living....I remember fear ruled the whole of my life, i've changed cities, lost friends and opportunities coz of fear. That's hell. It must never be anymore.

Englisc
11-30-2012, 06:08 PM
I have Asperger's.

Kazimiera
11-30-2012, 06:21 PM
I have bipolar mood disorder. I was diagnosed when I was 17 and it wreaked havoc with my life. It was like being controlled by a monster.

I fought the diagnosis, refused to take medication, tried to ignore it. And things just got a whole lot worse. In my last year of school I was absent for about half the year, and during my tertiary studies I spent periods of time in hospital each year.

When I was 26 I decided to just accept the fact that I am bipolar and that it cannot be wished away. I started taking medication more regularly and the episodes got less and less. Up till then I was in hospital at least 3-4 times a year. I changed my eating and sleeping habits. I don't drink alcohol. I don't do drugs. I keep my life as simple and stress-free as possible. I try to eliminate negative things which could set off another episode. My life is very simple now too, and that is good.

My longest episode-free time was 18 months!! I had a severe depressive episode 6 months after my husband's death in June 2009. I was rather surprised that I didn't fall apart when he died, but it did catch up with me 6 months later.

All went well for about a year and a half until I got married in November 2010. The stress from the wedding and every thing set me into a manic episode where I was off my rocker for about 3 weeks.

Then everything went well until November 2011. My employer had not paid me for 6 months, I was in serious debt. He kept promising me that "next month it will all be better" but it never was. I couldn't afford to pay the rent. My husband was supporting the both of us and I felt guilty for this. There was no work available, so I just kept on working in the hope that "next month all would be better". It just got to the point where the wheels fell off and I went into a bad depressive episode with severe anxiety. I was in hospital for about a month and it took me at least another month to get out of the episode completely. I did quit my job and found a new one. Thank God.

I have been well for a year now, with no mood fluctuations. No ups, no downs. Not even in the slightest. I'm on a very good streak right now and I want to challenge that 18 month period when I was fine.

I can say one "good" thing about being bipolar is that in between episodes I am completely functional. Instead of running my life like it did 10 years ago, I see it as a minor inconvenience now.

I accept that it is not going to go away, and at some stage I WILL have another episode. It is inevitable because that is the nature of the disease. But I know the warning signs, so does my family. When I feel that something is not right I don't wait it out hoping it will go away like I did before, but I go straight to the doctor. My family is clued up on the illness and very supportive. They know me very well and can sometimes spot when things are going wrong before I can.

My employer is also aware that I am bipolar, and are very understanding. If the times comes and I need to go to hospital they will just get someone to stand in for me until I am well enough to return to work.

I have managed to turn it around from ruining and running my life to the point where I can pretty much control it with my lifestyle. It will always be there but I refuse to let it hang over my head like a guillotine.

Blackout
11-30-2012, 06:26 PM
My problem is that I like to fix live electrical items while taking a bath / in the shower...

The Alchemist
11-30-2012, 06:27 PM
^ you are a really strong woman, Kazi, to face all these situations. And i think we have the power to dominate our mind with all its craziness, all of us. The power is in our hands, in our wisdom. Just accepting the moment.
I don't like talking about very painful years of my life, i suffered of extreme anxiety that i couldn't work, i couldn't talk, i couldn't even read a page of a book.
But i won with no medicins and other drugs, just thanks of my inner strength (but also knowledge).

Kazimiera
11-30-2012, 06:33 PM
^ you are a really strong woman, Kazi, to face all these situations. And i think we have the power to dominate our mind with all its craziness, all of us. The power is in our hands, in our wisdom. Just accepting the moment.
I don't like talking about very painful years of my life, i suffered of extreme anxiety that i couldn't work, i couldn't talk, i couldn't even read a page of a book.
But i won with no medicins and other drugs, just thanks of my inner strength (but also knowledge).

I think knowledge is often the key. You have to learn what makes you tick. I went through years of trying to figure out a way to get better. Many people told me never to take pills, that I am not sick, that I must try to fight it with my mind. But it is a chemical imbalance and like trying to fight asthma or diabetes with willpower. But KNOWING what brings it on can allow you take action and remove yourself from situations BEFORE things go wrong. You have to understand what is wrong before you can take steps to fix it. I think a lot people lack that understanding.

I am glad that you managed to win over your problem. It isn't easy, but it's a lot simpler and easier when you know why it was there and that you have proven to yourself you can deal with it effectively.

Corvus
11-30-2012, 06:52 PM
I think I told it before, but I am afraid to lose.
It is very hard for me to compete and I am risk averse.

The Alchemist
11-30-2012, 07:00 PM
I think knowledge is often the key. You have to learn what makes you tick. I went through years of trying to figure out a way to get better. Many people told me never to take pills, that I am not sick, that I must try to fight it with my mind. But it is a chemical imbalance and like trying to fight asthma or diabetes with willpower. But KNOWING what brings it on can allow you take action and remove yourself from situations BEFORE things go wrong. You have to understand what is wrong before you can take steps to fix it. I think a lot people lack that understanding.

I am glad that you managed to win over your problem. It isn't easy, but it's a lot simpler and easier when you know why it was there and that you have proven to yourself you can deal with it effectively.

Basically the problem is that our mind misunderstand some events, and react in the only way she knows, just for an instinct of surviving, that its function.
Just an exemple: once i got really depressed if someone didn't answer me at the phone, i thought soon "I knew it, he doesn't want me anymore", and an infinite pain. Just living situations without interpreting them is the key. Don't try to give meaning to things, coz it just brings sufference and sufference. Did it really happen that someone abandoned or rejected you??? Well, fuck, i live my life all the ways, i don't want to ruin my existence coz of fearing loneliness, people ecc....Life is here now, life is what it is, don't give interpretations and meanings (coz 90% of times they're just wrong).
Since that moment, i become "mentally healthy" and serene.
I just ask the Universe to let me be this way until the last day of my life. I'm fearless, and it's all what really counts.

The Alchemist
11-30-2012, 07:01 PM

It's just a joke made by your mind. Our lives are full of failures and successes, it's just life. Live what comes into your life.

Svipdag
11-30-2012, 07:38 PM
From the age of six ( probably earlier, but school really brought it out) to around 50, I was plagued with anxiety. Then, my doctor prescribed Paxil [and later Venlafaxine, because of a side-effect of Paxil] and the menacing clouds lifted. I was SO much happier.

Asperger's Syndrome was unrecognised in the US in the 1930's and early 1940's, but I manifested a classic case of it: the pedantic "little professor" with an enormous vocabulary (ostensibly 60,000 words at age 11) , physically awkward and uncoordinated, and socially maladjusted. An underachiever because I tended to interpret assignments differently from the teacher's intention.

The "little professor" became a big professor and stopped using his vocabulary as a defensive weapon. But, I never trusted people and, being paranoid, still don't. I am always suspicious of people's motives. I have learned to make allowances for my paranoia and to try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

This is one of the reasons that I have never married. I would make an AWFUL husband.

"Gnothi seauton" - Thales of Miletus

Cern
11-30-2012, 07:51 PM
I have bipolar mood disorder. I was diagnosed when I was 17 and it wreaked havoc with my life. It was like being controlled by a monster.

I fought the diagnosis, refused to take medication, tried to ignore it. And things just got a whole lot worse. In my last year of school I was absent for about half the year, and during my tertiary studies I spent periods of time in hospital each year......

I'm sorry Kazimiera!:(:(

Siberian Cold Breeze
11-30-2012, 09:30 PM
ADHD, discalculia and slight dislexia (all connected)
It's not so bad for me, but i m too noisy,squirrelery and distracting person for others to live together...

Smaug
11-30-2012, 09:42 PM
When I was a kid I had Apiphobia (fear of bees), but I jave won it! Nowadays I have no phobias anymore, just fears, ordinary fears. You see, I live in a big, grey and cold city, sometimes it can be scaring, but I like here.

Leon_C
11-30-2012, 10:26 PM
i battle my mum and sister because of Peanuts.

I don't have this problem, I have a peanut allergy :rolleyes:

Leon_C
11-30-2012, 10:31 PM
In terms of personality disorders, I think there are too many. I mean every possible personality trait can be classified as a disorder these days

Leon_C
11-30-2012, 10:32 PM
If you can self diagnose insanity you are not insane

Leon_C
11-30-2012, 10:36 PM
And for all of you aspies out there I consider high functioning aspergers to be a personality trait rather than a disorder. Autism however is different.

Jackson
11-30-2012, 10:37 PM
I used to be terrified of the dentist as a kid to the point where a dentist appointment would be more like an hour-long track racing event in a small room. Now i enjoy going to the dentist, I've had three root canals over the last two years (due to physical trauma) and i now enjoy it, and find it very interesting and at times entertaining feeling them root around my teeth. You get an unusual and interesting perspective.

Atlantic Islander
12-01-2012, 01:32 AM
I basically have panic disorder with agoraphobia, it can be pretty bad. I can however go for long stretches of time without too much anxiety (if I have a set routine), but so far I have not beat it.

Blackout
12-01-2012, 01:37 AM
I see no one took my 'bait'. Well done! :rofl_002:

Damião de Góis
12-01-2012, 03:32 AM
I've posted this before but i don't like dogs due to a bad experience when i was little.. nothing too serious but it made me fear them, and later avoid them when i grew up. I still avoid them to this day.

Englisc
12-02-2012, 08:44 AM
I used to be scared of the dark, but it's not as bad now.

Osprey
12-02-2012, 10:19 AM

Before attempting anything assume that you have already lost.
You are just doing it for fun.
Believe me, it has helped me a lot.

evon
12-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Chronic depression ++, The depression has been there since i was a child, and i dont think its going anywhere, i have tried everything under the sun, with the exception of ECT, which i am not planning on trying due to its potential for harming my memory, which is one of my main assets..so i just find a way to live with it, but it seems i have to give up allot in life, right now i am slowly realizing that a relationship is becoming highly unlikely after going in and out of them so many times now...which is a big deal for me, so its not something i easily give up...but i am getting there...i am surrounded by mentally ill people though, Schizophrenics, Autistic, Anxiety, ADHD ect..found in large number here..

The Alchemist
12-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Chronic depression ++, The depression has been there since i was a child, and i dont think its going anywhere, i have tried everything under the sun, with the exception of ECT, which i am not planning on trying due to its potential for harming my memory, which is one of my main assets..so i just find a way to live with it, but it seems i have to give up allot in life, right now i am slowly realizing that a relationship is becoming highly unlikely after going in and out of them so many times now...which is a big deal for me, so its not something i easily give up...but i am getting there...i am surrounded by mentally ill people though, Schizophrenics, Autistic, Anxiety, ADHD ect..found in large number here..

I'm so sad to hear that. You're such a nice and good looking guy, and you seem to have a really nice character...Anyway don't surrender, you're still young, if you go on and fight i'm sure that one day you really will find yourself :thumb001: I've been strongly depressed and anxious for almost 10 years, but now it's all gone, tnx God.

evon
12-02-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm so sad to hear that. You're such a nice and good looking guy, and you seem to have a really nice character...Anyway don't surrender, you're still young, if you go on and fight i'm sure that one day you really will find yourself :thumb001: I've been strongly depressed and anxious for almost 10 years, but now it's all gone, tnx God.

I feel like a person who has few sparks of light left behind the façade, the darkness is creeping into every part of my body, like a cancer spreading and corrupting every cell of your being...but of course i fight it as much as i can..

How did you get rid of this burden? i did get some quick fix relief from medication, but later i realized that it was only medicating the top of the iceberg, hence it did not really solve anything, and increasing the medication was not an option...

The Alchemist
12-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I feel like a person who has few sparks of light left behind the façade, the darkness is creeping into every part of my body, like a cancer spreading and corrupting every cell of your being...but of course i fight it as much as i can..

How did you get rid of this burden? i did get some quick fix relief from medication, but later i realized that it was only medicating the top of the iceberg, hence it did not really solve anything, and increasing the medication was not an option...

Only knowledge of yourself can rescue you. That's what i did.
I spent 3-4 years at home, going out rarely and reading 1000000 psychology and spirituality books, obviously practicing their learnings also in real life.
It was an obsession for me, i SHOULD come out from all the shit. And i did that, slowly and with much patience, i "understood" all the insane unconscious schemes of my mind.

The Alchemist
12-02-2012, 10:47 AM

And also in the worst moments of my life i never took medications, i always loved myself a little bit not to do that. It's like a drug, you just feel better when you take it, and then again into darkness, if you don't know yourself.
I suffered dissociation disorders, it's awful believe me (depersonalization, derealization), but those monsters never let me surrender.

pinguino
12-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Yes, I have a phobia. It is called negrophobia.

The Alchemist
12-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Yes, I have a phobia. It is called negrophobia.

So you're afraid of yourself :D

Kazimiera
12-02-2012, 04:49 PM

I have had ECT batches twice for depressive episodes, and it there is one thing I can say about it, it saved my life.

My memory loss was limited to the time that I was having the ECT. The first time I kept a little diary while I was in hospital and when I got home again I read what I wrote. It was my handwriting, but I didn't recall writing it or any of the events I described. After that my memory was fine again.

The second time I do recall being in the hospital and had no memory loss at all. About a day after the second ECT I could literally feel myself lift out of this depressive hole.

It is used when all else fails. In my case this was so. After three weeks in hospital and all sorts of medication changes I was not responding. So I got ECT and the results were worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I was in same situation again.

evon
12-02-2012, 05:04 PM
And also in the worst moments of my life i never took medications, i always loved myself a little bit not to do that. It's like a drug, you just feel better when you take it, and then again into darkness, if you don't know yourself.
I suffered dissociation disorders, it's awful believe me (depersonalization, derealization), but those monsters never let me surrender.

Well i think in my case i chose medication (started trying them out around 8 years ago now) because my condition seems biological rather then psychological (i really dont have any good reason to be depressed, and i should have fixed it long ago, but now of course the depression is so deep i have a reason to be depressed since it defacto controls my life), hence i thought a biological solution would be best fitting, but after trying 7 or so different brands and combinations, i am still depressed and no real end in sight, though some of the medication did help for awhile, but the effects wore off and i was unable to increase the dosage because of side effects..

I have had ECT batches twice for depressive episodes, and it there is one thing I can say about it, it saved my life.

My memory loss was limited to the time that I was having the ECT. The first time I kept a little diary while I was in hospital and when I got home again I read what I wrote. It was my handwriting, but I didn't recall writing it or any of the events I described. After that my memory was fine again.

The second time I do recall being in the hospital and had no memory loss at all. About a day after the second ECT I could literally feel myself lift out of this depressive hole.

It is used when all else fails. In my case this was so. After three weeks in hospital and all sorts of medication changes I was not responding. So I got ECT and the results were worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I was in same situation again.

So how long has it worked for and what was the relapse time the first round? i am considering it, but i do worry about my mind, its where all my education i stored, so much hard work, i dont want to loose it..

Kazimiera
12-02-2012, 05:25 PM
So how long has it worked for and what was the relapse time the first round? i am considering it, but i do worry about my mind, its where all my education i stored, so much hard work, i dont want to loose it..

It doesn't destroy your long-term memory like things you have learnt. You don't have memory problems afterwards. It is just during the time that you are getting the ECT that you might lose out. But who wants to remember all that turmoil anyway?

I remember going to hospital and everything up to when they wheeled me into theatre to do the first ECT. Of the following two weeks I remember very little. After that everything was 100% again. The memory gap was about 2 weeks in total.

The second time I didn't have memory loss at all. Maybe a few vague gaps during that time, but 100% afterwards.

The first time I had was in January 2007. I relapsed with another depressive episode in June 2009. I had another depressive episode in November 2011 but ECT was not necessary.

One thing you have to keep in mind, though, is that ECT consists of a batch of treatments. You don't just go once and voila. You do it Monday, Wednesday and Friday (weekends free) from about 2 weeks. Six shocks is the standard but it may be more if the depression is very severe and doesn't lift. On the two occasions that I've had ECT, only 3 were necessary for results.

Some people go for maintenance shocks. One ECT shock once a month. But that is for people who have severe medication side effects and there is no other option.

It the last resort when ALL else fails. And depending on the kind of depression they may not even do it.

evon
12-02-2012, 05:33 PM
My depression is moderate all year around, so its not bi polar in nature, more uni polar, i have one more drug i could try which is an oldie, Aurorix or something like that, i will decide on it next week, if i cancel it i will ask for info on ECT..lets see what the dr says..

Kazimiera
12-02-2012, 05:35 PM
My depression is moderate all year around, so its not bi polar in nature, more uni polar, i have one more drug i could try which is an oldie, Aurorix or something like that, i will decide on it next week, if i cancel it i will ask for info on ECT..lets see what the dr says..

I hope they can sort you out without ECT.

pinguino
12-02-2012, 08:15 PM
So you're afraid of yourself :D

Indeed. Every time I have an erection ... I get scared :eek:

larali
12-04-2012, 02:15 AM
I used to be extremely shy/ anxious but I'm mostly over that now. I changed it by working very hard. I forced myself to be social and do things I did not want to do, got a degree in communications, and even was president of my sorority for a while. I'm still not an extrovert by any means but I don't have panic attacks when I have a party to go to anymore.

I still struggle with chronic depression but as long as I take my meds I'm fine. :)

larali
12-04-2012, 02:19 AM

Are you med resistant? That must suck. Meds work for me but I don't want to take them. I always get better on them, think that I can go off and I'll be fine if I just run and eat right etc, but then the depression comes back worse than before. I have taken many different ones but they all seem to help to some degree... now I'm taking Zoloft with Abilify.

The Alchemist
12-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I used to be extremely shy/ anxious but I'm mostly over that now. I changed it by working very hard. I forced myself to be social and do things I did not want to do, got a degree in communications, and even was president of my sorority for a while. I'm still not an extrovert by any means but I don't have panic attacks when I have a party to go to anymore.

I still struggle with chronic depression but as long as I take my meds I'm fine. :)
Same here. I've been very shy and scary in the past (for about 10 years), i couldn't work and i had a really miserable life. I felt uncomfortable with 99% of people, the only friends that i had were disturbed people, more than me!! I even had panic attacks in some periods, and deep depression.
Plus, i had a very strong sense of abandonment coz i had always been neglected and rejected by my family, it's so bad to feel abandoned, it's like you are always in a black hole looking for crumbs of affection, and people just take advantage of your weakness.
Btw i never took meds in my life, many people told me "you have no chances to change", even psychologists, but fuck off, i never surrendered and NOW i'm pretty the opposite of the one i was. I'm very strong and friendly, i moved to abroad and i have to face many situations every day. I'm studying as touristic guide so i'll have contacts with people of all types. I need that.
We CAN change.

evon
12-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Are you med resistant? That must suck. Meds work for me but I don't want to take them. I always get better on them, think that I can go off and I'll be fine if I just run and eat right etc, but then the depression comes back worse than before. I have taken many different ones but they all seem to help to some degree... now I'm taking Zoloft with Abilify.

Not resistant, but i need high dosages for most to give any effect and then i usually get allot of side effects, which basically mean i cannot take more, the common side effects is low blood pressure, lack of libido, ect..

I started to workout regularly a few years ago, hiking almost everyday into the mountains here, but the last year ive been busy so i just use a gym instead, plus when its Dark, 15cm with snow and -10c its not that cool to go hiking:)

I think the worst thing about having such a chronic condition is that your depression starts to annoy you, you focus anger inwards due to your inabilities, which is not healthy and leads to allot of unwanted stress...i think Nietzsche was right:

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Its like a constant battlefield, and over the years you must be wary of not becoming cynical and detached from reality, some say suffering makes you more empathic towards others, i think it can do that, but it can also make you selfish and introverted to a problematic degree..

Kazimiera
12-04-2012, 10:25 AM
After reading this, I must be grateful that I am bipolar.

My depression come in episodes which last a while but then go away again. I am only debilitated during the time of that episode. Of course then there are always the manic phases which also only last a certain time.

The rest of the time I'm happy, normal person without problems or issues.

Germaniac
12-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I have depression since I was 13. I have had some pretty bad crisis over the time. I am alright now, for the moment.

The Alchemist
12-04-2012, 10:27 AM
After reading this, I must be grateful that I am bipolar.

My depression come in episodes which last a while but then go away again. I am only debilitated during the time of that episode. Of course then there are always the manic phases which also only last a certain time.

The rest of the time I'm happy, normal person without problems or issues.

I think you can solve your bipolar problems, i've heard of some people who won over it. It's my best wish for you!!!

Kazimiera
12-04-2012, 10:35 AM
I think you can solve your bipolar problems, i've heard of some people who won over it. It's my best wish for you!!!

It is a chemical thing, not an emotional one. If I had issues I'd have them all the time. But I don't. I know what sets my episodes off, like stress but I normally handle it very well. And then also during summer when the daylight hours are longer and the weather is warmer. Most of my wobbles occur during this time and I have noticed a pattern over the years. November is usually the time when things go wrong. But I've managed November very well this year. Once December is here I'm over the vulnerable time.

The Alchemist
12-04-2012, 10:42 AM
It is a chemical thing, not an emotional one. If I had issues I'd have them all the time. But I don't. I know what sets my episodes off, like stress but I normally handle it very well. And then also during summer when the daylight hours are longer and the weather is warmer. Most of my wobbles occur during this time and I have noticed a pattern over the years. November is usually the time when things go wrong. But I've managed November very well this year. Once December is here I'm over the vulnerable time.

Anyway don't surrender, it can go better and better, imo.
I'm not a scientist and i could be wrong, but i think we can change some chemical processes of our brain, i read it.
And also our wisdom can make us live always better, imo.

Rouxinol
12-04-2012, 10:55 AM
I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder six years ago when I got into college. I suddenly started feeling like I was going to die (shortness of breath, pounding heart, dizziness, hot flushes, and so forth) before a college examination. Still haven't overcome it, every once in a while I get a full-blown panic attack. I learned how to manage them at least; lay myself in bed (if at home), breathe into a paper bag, listen to some relaxing music or so. The full-blown attacks usually last from about 20 minutes to 60 minutes and can be very frightening. I've been on medications ever since like anti-depressants (though I do not have depression, but they usually do well in anxiety and panic as well) and benzodiazepines (I've taken alprazolam, brand name Xanax, and diazepam, brand name Valium so far, now I'm on ethyl loflazepate). Usually I have to take up to 6 mg of ethyl loflazepate to abort a panic attack.

rhiannon
12-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I meant if you have won against it :rolleyes:I have a horrible phobia of spiders and there isn't a chance in hell I will ever overcome it:(

Jackson
12-04-2012, 10:21 PM
I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder six years ago when I got into college. I suddenly started feeling like I was going to die (shortness of breath, pounding heart, dizziness, hot flushes, and so forth) before a college examination. Still haven't overcome it, every once in a while I get a full-blown panic attack. I learned how to manage them at least; lay myself in bed (if at home), breathe into a paper bag, listen to some relaxing music or so. The full-blown attacks usually last from about 20 minutes to 60 minutes and can be very frightening. I've been on medications ever since like anti-depressants (though I do not have depression, but they usually do well in anxiety and panic as well) and benzodiazepines (I've taken alprazolam, brand name Xanax, and diazepam, brand name Valium so far, now I'm on ethyl loflazepate). Usually I have to take up to 6 mg of ethyl loflazepate to abort a panic attack.

I can empathise with that. I don't have panic disorder but i have had panic attacks occasionally, usually for no reason. People sometimes don't take you seriously when you feel like you are going to die but i can at least vouch for that, it certainly does. Panic disorder sounds bad.

Rouxinol
12-04-2012, 10:33 PM
I can empathise with that. I don't have panic disorder but i have had panic attacks occasionally, usually for no reason. People sometimes don't take you seriously when you feel like you are going to die but i can at least vouch for that, it certainly does. Panic disorder sounds bad.

People usually think we're making it up or overstating it which is terrible and only makes it worse. It is really overwhelming and an awful physical sensation of impeding death. I'm pretty much under control since I began medication, but every once in a while, when I am more exposed to daily stress for some reason (my former boss was a psychopathic asshole who'd drive me nuts), anxiety starts surfacing and sooner or later I know a full-blown panic attack will take place. On my third day of work under him I had a panic attack when I got home and every day before going to work I had to take like a pill of ethyl loflazepate and an additional one during work because of that mortherfucking psycho.

The Alchemist
12-05-2012, 09:24 AM

Were you already anxious in your childhood?? At what age did you beat that disease??? I've been very extroverted and sunny until 15 years old, tnx God, and then came hell on earth....from 15 to 24 i never has one single second of peace, but now it's all gone....