PDA

View Full Version : What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?

Aura
12-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Before used to be one person, now its only my mind, I have to free my mind :)

Jackson
12-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Reality

The Alchemist
12-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Before used to be one person, now its only my mind, I have to free my mind :)

Me too. All the goals of my life are achieved when i just let my toughts go fucking.....and so every dream comes true ;)
Unfortunately i still have many doubts.

Clawgauth
12-01-2012, 11:44 PM
1.300 years of delay circa

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/GeneralSpielsdorf/goth01.jpg

Baldur
12-01-2012, 11:44 PM
myself.

Aura
12-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Me too. All the goals of my life are achieved when i just let my toughts go fucking.....and so every dream comes true ;)
Unfortunately i still have many doubts.

Do you think happines consist in achieving the goals of your life?! I haven't achieved nothing of my goals till now:D Im thinking about career etc also emotional life.. So u got all of this?now be happy :)

Aura
12-01-2012, 11:47 PM
1.300 years of delay circa

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/GeneralSpielsdorf/goth01.jpg

what? :D

acmilan87 myself. you are unique, dont forget that :)

Baldur
12-01-2012, 11:49 PM
unique in a bad way :)

Clawgauth
12-01-2012, 11:50 PM
what? :D

this is the wrong Era to be happy :)

Aura
12-01-2012, 11:52 PM
unique in a bad way :)

naah,you have to free your mind to and be happy :D

Rouxinol
12-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Money. The day I am filthy rich I'll be all happiness and shit.

Baldur
12-01-2012, 11:56 PM
naah,you have to free your mind to and be happy :D

So how does one do that?

Incel King
12-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Love

Aura
12-02-2012, 12:05 AM
So how does one do that?

hmmm you have to find your own way..

Aura
12-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Love

+1

alb0zfinest
12-02-2012, 12:28 AM
The injustices of life

Siberian Cold Breeze
12-02-2012, 03:42 AM
Procrastination

I suck at following a plan and my mind wanders a lot..I am always a person of last minutes saves ..But in time I m getting more succesful in following a linear course..

arcticwolf
12-02-2012, 03:54 AM
I'm getting a bit tired of explaining to you people this simple fact, but as a service to humanity I'm gonna do it one more time, please pay attention! ;)

Happiness is not what you WANT! I know you think that's what you want but really NO you DON"T!

Happiness is a high, and it's IMPERMANENT. Picture pendulum, what happens when pendulum reaches the maximum height, it MUST come down.

What you pine for is EQUANIMITY, a state of perfect neutrality. No ups or downs just neutral observation of the flow of reality. Even if you don't understand this you STILL want it! :laugh:

Don't argue with me, I know what I'm talking about! :D

Siberian Cold Breeze
12-02-2012, 04:19 AM
Actually I agree, but I did not questioned to question just answered what is bugging me at the moment ,not for eternal happiness or some other very monky , philosophical thing.

arcticwolf
12-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Actually I agree, but I did not questioned to question just answered what is bugging me at the moment ,not for eternal happiness or some other very monky , philosophical thing.

I knew you would argue with me! Stop it right now! You know I'm right! It's settled then! :D

Siberian Cold Breeze
12-02-2012, 04:34 AM
The second thing stands between me and complete happiness is impulsivity !!
I m trying hard believe me :D

arcticwolf
12-02-2012, 04:55 AM
The second thing stands between me and complete happiness is impulsivity !!
I m trying hard believe me :D

I do believe you! You are really cool and I like you! :thumb001::D

Mortimer
12-02-2012, 04:55 AM
Ce667D4kHq0

EagleAtHeart
12-02-2012, 05:03 AM
Living in a villa in the South of Italy... only when I'm there, away from the Jew dominated multicultural nightmare, will I be happy.

Siberian Cold Breeze
12-02-2012, 05:38 AM
I do believe you! You are really cool and I like you! :thumb001::D

it's mutual ,thank you :)

Fortis in Arduis
12-02-2012, 07:19 AM
My ego and my non-identification with the absolute.

All ignorance comes from that, and I need to work towards resolving it continuously.

Stefan
12-02-2012, 07:27 AM
I don't think there is such an emotional state as "complete happiness" and that's quite fine with me. It would be weird not to feel sadness, anger, or any of the other emotions from time to time. That is the full experience of the world, and I like it that way. As for what keeps me from happiness in general, absolutely nothing. There is always a way to make yourself happy again, I think.

The Alchemist
12-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Do you think happines consist in achieving the goals of your life?! I haven't achieved nothing of my goals till now:D Im thinking about career etc also emotional life.. So u got all of this?now be happy :)

By a material point of view, i still lack in a good job, coz i didn't find the right one until now (i'm still studying a course tough, while looking for a job).
But besides job (that i want to improve), i think i really have everything (tough i don't have much money), i have many real friends and affection, i find much affection and friendship wherever i go, i find it very easy to have a good rapport with people, and with myself. I'm healthy, i like playing sports and i have lots of interests, i'm rarely bored.
I think it's more than enough, tough i go on and look for a good job, it's important too.

Corvus
12-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Definitly a wife or at least a long time girl friend.
I think the famous phrase: There is always a strong woman behind a succesful man holds much truth.
It would help me to skip my bad habits like surfing through the net many hours a day or wasting my time with other activities and it would consequently lead to more success in other fields.
Maybe I also need someone to kick my ass from time to time, allegoricaly speaking.

Baldur
12-02-2012, 04:18 PM
yeah i wish i could find a gf one day too...

Svipdag
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
It is the infirmities of old age which stand between me and the enjoyment of complete happiness. I have had to give up playing the harpsichord, painting, hiking, non-technical mountain climbing, all of which gave me great pleasure.

I always wanted to visit Macchu Picchu, but there are hundreds of stairs there and I can't climb them any more. I visited some Mayan ruins in Mexico a couple of years ago and was embarassed to have to have the guide help me up and down the stairs there.

I used to love to visit Glacier National Park, but there are favorite spots there which I can no longer reach because the hike out to them is too strenuous. I used to camp out in a tent until I found that I couldn't get out of the thing without help.

I can still read, but, these days, I have a tendency to fall asleep. I used to enjoy gourmet cooking, but I seldom do it these days because it's too exhausting. I still enjoy my garden, but I have to hire people to do the digging and weeding, now.

In short, old age is an A-1 pain in the butt !

"NON SVM QVALIS ERAM" - QVINTVS HORATIVS FLACCVS

Edelmann
12-15-2012, 07:00 AM
My will for the world to be different than what it is.

"Men are disturbed, not by things, but by the principles and notions which they form concerning things." -- Epictetus

Knoxwolf865
12-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Modernism.

Caismeachd
12-25-2012, 11:48 PM
-I need to move. Hopefully move from the US

-I need to procure stable and reasonable employment.

-I need a simple life where I feel fulfilled in some way.

I've had some success pushing myself to brutal levels in the US. Making hundreds of dollars a day very easily. But simple things can destroy all of that and you are unable to bounce back. I don't know. I need to escape and start new somewhere/somehow.

Don Arb
12-25-2012, 11:53 PM
-I need to move. Hopefully move from the US

-I need to procure stable and reasonable employment.

-I need a simple life where I feel fulfilled in some way.

I've had some success pushing myself to brutal levels in the US. Making hundreds of dollars a day very easily. But simple things can destroy all of that and you are unable to bounce back. I don't know. I need to escape and start new somewhere/somehow.

You have to move from US? are you sure you cant find better place in this period specially in EU.

Thor1225
12-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Happiness is a mindset. We can choose to be happy or sad or angry. It's about mastering ourselves and realizing that no matter what happens in life it's our response and attitude that will determine how we handle them. I guess if I could boil it down to a word it would be: acceptance. Accepting what life hands you and determining your course of action from there in a rational manner.

Don Arb
12-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Happiness is a mindset. We can choose to be happy or sad or angry. It's about mastering ourselves and realizing that no matter what happens in life it's our response and attitude that will determine how we handle them. I guess if I could boil it down to a word it would be: acceptance. Accepting what life hands you and determining your course of action from there in a rational manner.

I dont think that we can choose to be happy or sad we may try to improve it but not to change it. It is deterministic and someones character has been created since childhood depending from your genes,family, social aspect, etc

Kukulkan
01-01-2013, 01:39 PM
A big supply of currency, with that I would not need to worry, I could take care of the things I want. start a new life the way I wanted. etc.

And no I would not buy all this luxurious stuff.

Anglojew
01-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Bar Rafaeli'a boyfriend

Gereis
01-20-2013, 04:37 PM
work.. (

Mraz
01-20-2013, 04:40 PM
An glass of cherry cola. :(

Petersburg
01-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Laziness and diffidence :(

Illancha
01-20-2013, 04:51 PM
I don't really understand this sort of attitude.

You can only ever be so happy and the point is you do not need to be happy at all times.

Just think will it really be that much better? Would it actually matter?

Better to be content which I am.

Virtuous
01-20-2013, 04:52 PM
a girl which I have to take out of my mind and heart.

Lobotomist
05-25-2013, 08:26 PM
"Happiness: A good bank account, a good cook and a good digestion."
- Jean Jacques Rousseau.

1stLightHorse
05-25-2013, 10:59 PM
There's only one thing that stands between anyone and their happiness.

Their attitude. There are people alive today, deprived of even the most basic amenities who still find deep and lasting happiness.