PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with the Police

EagleAtHeart
12-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Any interesting ones?

I just had another pleasant experience with one today. I was walking to get some sushi off campus and a cop car kept following me, because, obviously, a well dressed young white guy in a school area is obviously suspicious. Then the lights go on and he gets out of the car. I ask "what's the problem", he aggressively asks "what's your name, where are you going", etc. me: "I'm a student that's going to get some sushi. But I'm in a rush and I have nothing to say to you unless I'm under arrest, have a nice day" then I proceeded to turn and walk away. Him: "Hands behind your back now!!" I'm then thrown against the cop car, cuffed, thrown into the back of the car, he searches my pockets (all done illegally) then he keeps me cuffed in the back of his car for 1 hour while he runs my name through the system desperately trying to find any reason to arrest me. Finally, I'm violently puled out of the car, thrown on the ground, and the cuffs taken off. He speeds away.

All in all, another nice meeting with one of our public servants

Let me here your experiences.

EagleAtHeart
12-05-2012, 01:46 AM
To me, it seems all those jocks and bullies from High School have few options in life where they can continue to feel powerful... joining the military, becoming security guards/night club bouncers, and the intellectuals of the group, who can pass a GED test, become cops. This is why you have an entire class of sociopaths with guns and God complexes that would love nothing more than to destroy your lives.

Sikeliot
12-05-2012, 01:59 AM
My experience with a police officer last year was a rather interesting one. This is what happened --

I was driving down a main road, and I came to a traffic light. Once I went through, I had noticed that the car that turned right off the adjacent road at the intersection (who was now immediately behind me) was a police officer. I always drive a little fast, so I slowed down my pace a tiny bit so as to not run the risk of being accused of speeding. I generally get nervous when a cop is behind me, so I turned onto the next road that appeared, with the intention of going to the convenience store that was down a few more roads.

So I turned, and sure enough, the cop turned with me. Okay, I thought, this is frustrating. I took another turn and what do you know, they turned too. I then pulled into the convenience store, and for fuck's sake, the cop turned in there too. I was nervous, but I was trying to convince myself that it was a coincidence.

As I was about to get out of the car, the cop walks over to me and says "Did you turn into this parking lot because I was behind you, and you were trying to not have me follow you?" I answered "No, I was just going into the store here." And then he said, "Oh, well I'm going to come into the store with you just to make sure you actually buy something."

To this, I gave a snappy "It's not against the law even if I did turn in here so you wouldn't be following me, and I am going to buy something, thanks. You don't have to be so suspicious." And then he said "Are you giving me an attitude, young man?" And all I said was "What, you think the fact that you're wearing a badge is going to make me talk differently to you than anyone else??" He got angry and followed me into the store, but sure enough he knew someone in there and so I snuck back out after buying a bottle of water and left before he did.

I don't know if he was actually following me, and I didn't want to ask. But I do know that what I did, was NOT against the law so I don't see why he cared!

iNird
12-05-2012, 02:04 AM
To me, it seems all those jocks and bullies from High School have few options in life where they can continue to feel powerful... joining the military, becoming security guards/night club bouncers, and the intellectuals of the group, who can pass a GED test, become cops. This is why you have an entire class of sociopaths with guns and God complexes that would love nothing more than to destroy your lives.

lol well said.

Alot of them are meatheads that think they are all mighty and tough with a nightstick and a gun.

Pallantides
12-05-2012, 02:12 AM
I have never had trouble with the cops, the ones I have talked to have always been polite and respectful, it helps a bit when the cop in question have the same music taste as yourself.:D

Anusiya
12-05-2012, 02:20 AM
I have never had trouble with the cops, the ones I have talked to have always been polite and respectful, it helps a bit when the cop in question have the same music taste as yourself.:D

Yes but your "cops" are making good money there. You don't live in the States or Greece. :D

Sikeliot
12-05-2012, 02:20 AM
I have another experience to share, in which my interaction with the police officer was actually a good one. Is this the place to do it or is this thread supposed to be solely focusing on the bad? :lol: ;)

Drawing-slim
12-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Traffic cops hiding at 3 in the morning catching someone going 10 miles over the speed limit while no soul is outside and a plain can safely land ant take off on the freeways of usa at this time, should be hanged publically for they're scum robing merciless insects.
Last year i told this cop aproaching christams: i wish you have the worst christmass possible.
Fuck these scum.

Fortis in Arduis
12-05-2012, 02:24 AM
The police have generally been fine, except for the small time when I wound up too drunk and I passed out in a private car park of a department store in Knightsbridge.

Despite my only 'tools' being a days' shopping in a ruck-sack, and the fact that I was wearing a brightly-coloured shirt, their assumption was that I was a car thief, or one would would steal from a car, and I woke up in a police cell at 4am in severe pain. Yes, I had been kicked in the kidneys etc. I could not actually remember very much.

The police in the UK exist primarily to protect property.

One might beat an old lady black and blue in Britain, and probably escape the proper punishment. There are cases in the paper every day.

But, to steal or just look like one might be stealing, or to just be a little bit vulnerable will result in severe drama...

This sort of thing happens a lot:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1309136/Lifted-like-rag-doll-hurled-cell-Shocking-video-police-brutality--5ft-2in-tall-59-year-woman.html

However, the tide has turned and the Conservative government pushed through legislation which obliges us to vote for our Police Commissioners.

Sadly I forgot, and so missed my chance to vote for the Nazi Party, but there is always next time... :D

Alenka
12-05-2012, 02:27 AM
I like those policemen who let you talk your way out of a speeding ticket xD

Tarja
12-05-2012, 02:31 AM
I haven't had many.

When I was about 10 years old my Dad and I found 2 men lying at the side of a country road - hogtied - who had been robbed. There was another guy tied to the steering wheel of a car parked down a dirt path nearby. We had to go to the station to give statements and what not, and we were "heroes" in the local paper. ;)

Another time my Mum phoned the police because a man tried to get me into the back of his van, and chased me some distance shouting obscenities when I refused. I was about 14 at this point. They came to my house and spent quite a while questioning me about it.

More recently - earlier this year - the police tried to pull me over to tell me one of my headlights was out, unbeknownst to me at the time. It was late at night and pitch black outside; I could only see lights flashing and not whether the front of the van said "Police" or "Ambulance" or whatever and I had never been pulled over before so I started to panic and speed up away from them (:picard1: always a bad idea). I didn't know whether they wanted me or to get past me and I was nearly home so decided just to speed up into my driveway and get out of their way, then I'd see where they went from there. They ended up putting the sirens on and taking me out of my car and into their van to give me a ticket, which I could've avoided if I had just stopped. :D The noise alerted all the neighbours too. Sigh.

Incal
12-05-2012, 05:13 AM
All the cops I've seen are brave and badass in front of decent people but when they have to deal with a true criminal they shit on their pants and run away like pussies always calling for backup.

Skathi
12-05-2012, 05:17 AM
I've never had a negative experience with a police officer.

Except, every time I am pulled over in my car, I can't help but cry a little. Lol.

Leliana
12-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Only positive and helpful experiences with our German and Austrian police. Wait, except the few times when they catched me speeding! :rolleyes: :shy: Highest penalty charge was about 90€. I tend to drive to late to work and I need to make up the lost time somewhere....

ficuscarica
12-05-2012, 12:19 PM
When I was around 14 I beated up a guy and apparently broke his nose. I had to come to the police station, but nothing happened afterwards.

And once I had a flat tire on my way to Mecklenburg. I had forgotten the tools to put a new one on my car, and I didnīt have a phone with me. The police wasnīt amused, but they called the ADAC (car mechanics) and thus helped me out.

Rouxinol
12-05-2012, 12:22 PM
I cannot say much since all the very, very few experiences I had with the Portuguese police were positive. Most people who usually have complaints are (guilty) drivers and since I DO NOT DRIVE because I hate it to drive/cars and I prefer to use public transportation (bus, metro, trains) I cannot account on that.

Queen B
12-05-2012, 01:03 PM
I have only positive experience from Police

Blackout
12-05-2012, 07:19 PM
:)

Germanicus
03-18-2013, 11:03 PM
Yes.

My advice for people who come into contact with police is: be respectful, say nothing...not one word to them.

Aunt Hilda
03-18-2013, 11:07 PM
only had to deal with them once, I had a flat party and some of the neighbours complained. needless to say they just told us to turn the music down and that's it

my advice to women.... flirt your ass off

Graham
03-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Only getting asked if you've witnessed a crime, happens ...Another to see if I was ok. Was walking to work in heavy blizzards at 4.45am. :P

Edit. Was told off for carrying a open can of Lager, to the football stadium in Glasgow.

Arbërori
03-19-2013, 12:11 AM
My cousin's a cop. :laugh:

mr. logan
03-19-2013, 12:31 AM
My lawyer just advised me to erase the trails of those crazy dark days.
Otherwise, I always had good situations with the police, which I respect for the work they do.

Han Cholo
03-19-2013, 12:32 AM
All cops are bastards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp0J1j_YKKU

Caismeachd
03-19-2013, 01:14 AM
I've met really bad psychopath style cops in California. Was tossed face first to the ground/tackled before with guns on me. But where I live now they are very friendly. The last cop I spoke to was a female officer and was flirting with me pretty hardcore. Very friendly. lol.

Smaug
03-19-2013, 01:26 AM
I killed a cop.

Nat!

Feral
03-19-2013, 02:24 AM
To much hatred in this topic. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEGI9NbH-mk

:( (?)