PDA

View Full Version : love over the internet

Mortimer
12-10-2012, 12:43 AM
do you think loving one is possible over the Internet?
also did Internet made loving one easier or harder in your opinion?

Mark
12-10-2012, 12:44 AM
do you think loving one is possible over the Internet?
also did Internet made loving one easier or harder in your opinion?
Infatuation, perhaps. But love, I don't think so.

Mortimer
12-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Infatuation, perhaps. But love, I don't think so.

what is infatuation, mark? my english is not best, can you describe it:)

Mark
12-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Like an unreasonable level of attraction.

arcticwolf
12-10-2012, 12:47 AM
hahahahahahhahahahaha LOL hahahahahahahaha

IM, are you really 29 years old? :laugh:

Mortimer
12-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Like an unreasonable attraction.

ok i see. attraction can get quiete strong for me, i believe, i can develop strong Feelings of attraction:)

Annihilus
12-10-2012, 12:49 AM

best kind of love:D

2VaazQfxGso

Mark
ok i see. attraction can get quiete strong for me, i believe, i can develop strong Feelings of attraction:)
Exactly, and that's not always indicative of love.

Virtuous
Stop making these threads IM...

Mortimer
12-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Exactly, and that's not always indicative of love.

i see but it is hard for to differentiate between the two. what is main difference?

Mark
12-10-2012, 12:52 AM
i see but it is hard for to differentiate between the two. what is main difference?
The first usually doesn't last and is a bit more shallow then love. Hard to explain.

Virtuous
12-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Look, from my experience love over the internet (video-chatting) is possible, just don't get too much into it if you can see long-distance can't work in the long run...

...or you might end up hurt real bad.

Mortimer
12-10-2012, 01:17 AM
The first usually doesn't last and is a bit more shallow then love. Hard to explain.

yes could be. but then i never experienced "true love" because my affection usually goes away after a month she leaves me.

I want true love for life, but i think it is very very dangerous. It can kill you.

Listen to this text carefully. He says "If you leave me I will die"
4XHe6dSngt0

Tarja
12-10-2012, 01:25 AM
No. Unless you know them personally (i.e. in real life) then I think you are likely to be "loving" the idea of them that you've built up in your head, rather than the real them.

The beauty of the internet is that it allows you to properly convey your thoughts and feelings to a person; you can share your mind with them without any other worries that face-to-face contact entails for some people. Knowing someone online and in reality are really quite different.

I think the seed that could potentially blossom into love can be planted through speaking with someone online, but I don't think it's possible to actually fall in love. Or rather, I don't think it's very feasible or likely.

Graham
12-10-2012, 01:28 AM
There has been relationships, that have started through these forums. Jerney & Maniot, is from before Apricity. Osweo & Freja.

Osprey
12-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Graham and Tarja, will start post apricity.

Pretan
12-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Look, from my experience love over the internet (video-chatting) is possible, just don't get too much into it if you can see long-distance can't work in the long run...

...or you might end up hurt real bad.

Did Graham reject your advances? :D

Tarja
12-10-2012, 02:00 AM
I don't think a Tarja-Graham affair would really need to be conducted online, considering he lives about 25 minutes away from me. :D

Virtuous
12-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Did Graham reject your advances? :D

Yes :( <\3

Mortimer
12-10-2012, 02:14 AM
edit

Anglojew
12-10-2012, 04:42 AM
Impossible. It's just a fantasy until it's in real life.

Mortimer
12-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Impossible. It's just a fantasy until it's in real life.

it is a half-phantasy, but the contact is reall. the Person on the other end is just as reall as you (if it is not a fake)

Trun
12-10-2012, 07:50 AM
There has been relationships, that have started through these forums. Jerney & Maniot, is from before Apricity. Osweo & Freja.

You forgot dralos and lepa, the Shiptaro-Tatar Romeo and Juliet love story.

Arthas
12-10-2012, 10:46 AM
I think the internet is damaging to relationships. Especially things like facebook which cause drama and suspicion in relationships.

On the other hand, dating sites allow people to meet each other more easily but let's be honest you're never going to find wife material online.

Corvus
12-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I think the it is possible to establish some kind of prelude (reciprocal affinity) , but in order to implement it physical proximity is essential.

This said, to sustain a relationship or even find love is never easy nowadays.
Wherever you live and search for it a lot of luck and determination is needed in order to make it happen. It is a kind of mammoth task.

Talvi
12-10-2012, 11:19 AM

And then there was Blossom/Liia and that Finnish guy. I wonder what happened to them.

Midori
12-10-2012, 02:29 PM
http://lc.fdots.com/cc/lc/6f/6ffaba385bfbdb7d40ba886d66b82b6e.jpg

Aye.

morski
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM
When I was 17 I fell in love with a girl over IRC.:D:picard1:

Virtuous
12-10-2012, 02:38 PM
I repeat, it is possible, stop being close minded motherfuckers. Perhaps not everyone is the same but I had a long-distance story where I video-called her on Skype 24/7, believe me it felt like there was only glass window separating us. When we met it was a confirmation of my feelings for her of course.

Only problem was that when I came back I couldn't stand not being close to her, sadness turned into frustration, frustration turned into arguments...and that was pretty much the end of it.

Englisc
12-10-2012, 02:46 PM
I don't think it's ideal. The internet is a breeding ground for pedophiles etc.

MissProvocateur
12-10-2012, 11:30 PM
It IS possible. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years, and no, I'm not idealizing him. It has come to the point where we know none of us is perfect, we know what are the flaws of the other one, and yes, we have argued before. This does not mean our relationship is any less valid than a relationship where people live closely to each other. The distance is great, but I'm willing to cope with it. the ony thing thing I fear, is missing him too much. Getting the longing to pierce me enough to want to break up with him. That seems like the greatest challenge. Trying to overcome missing him. We have talked about it before, and he fears it as well. I do think it is possible to make it work out though.

Also: I'm pretty sure he isn't a pedophile living in his mother's basement. :p

Smaug
12-10-2012, 11:33 PM
It IS possible. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years, and no, I'm not idealizing him. It has come to the point where we know none of us is perfect, we know what are the flaws of the other one, and yes, we have argued before. This does not mean our relationship is any less valid than a relationship where people live closely to each other. The distance is great, but I'm willing to cope with it. the ony thing thing I fear, is missing him too much. Getting the longing to pierce me enough to want to break up with him. That seems like the greatest challenge. Trying to overcome missing him. We have talked about it before, and he fears it as well. I do think it is possible to make it work out though.

Why dating someone who must live miles away when you have someone like... like... me? Living in the next door... I mean, next country. :D

Jackson
12-10-2012, 11:34 PM
I think it can start over the internet. But i couldn't imagine loving someone unless i saw them really regularly. Plus people don't always act the same over the internet, i don't.

MissProvocateur
12-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Why dating someone who must live miles away when you have someone like... like... me? Living in the next door... I mean, next country. :D

Because he has bee there for me during the most difficult times I had to endure. While everyone walked away, he just stayed there, and helped me through it. You know? He's a special guy. :)

Smaug
12-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Because he has bee there for me during the most difficult times I had to endure. While everyone walked away, he just stayed there, and helped me through it. You know? He's a special guy. :)

I see. But, just in case: São Paulo is just some miles north from where you live ;)

MissProvocateur
12-10-2012, 11:42 PM
I see. But, just in case: São Paulo is just some miles north from where you live ;)

Hahaha, I'll keep that in mind.. xD :tongue

Sir Mittens
12-10-2012, 11:53 PM
I believe it is fully possible as long as there is true love, that is as simple as I will put it. Of course you can form your own idea of the person if you feel really in love and don't always see his or her bad sides (like you would in real life once in a while). However, Skype calls and especially video Skype calls change this, I talk to my long-distance girlfriend on a daily basis if possible, and the love only feels more and more true.
You can claim that - despite that you may have seen the best and worst of a person - "there is always someone you can fall for where you live, you just gotta find the right one", but nobody wants to give up true love once it has been found. The relationship I am in has lasted almost three years and I might not see my girlfriend for another two, but that doesn't mean we won't ever meet. Once we do, the time until the next meeting will be much shorter due to how much older we'll be. The time now can be difficult once in a while, but it's something I genuinly doubt many would give up in the first place. Thoughts like "is it worth waiting so long?" may cross my mind, but the fear of not being good enough - basically disappointing her when we meet, or whatever else could worry me - doesn't make me want to end the relationship. They become very silly reasons (as hippie and life-loving as that makes me sound) when there can still be a future spent (literally) together.

Welter
12-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Can love bloom in the battlefield?

GermanisedSlav
12-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Well i had once a "long"distance relationship,the "excision" was just about 2 hours.

When i met her the first time it was a completely different Person then i knew :s

Atlantic Islander
12-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Makes me think of:

urNyg1ftMIU

Arthas
12-11-2012, 08:07 AM

How far away does he live?

MissProvocateur
12-11-2012, 04:36 PM
How far away does he live?

... More than 7,000 miles :(

It IS very far, I am aware of it, I still want to continue this though. I have too much faith in our relationship to break-up or commit something stupid.

Arthas
12-11-2012, 04:49 PM

It IS very far, I am aware of it, I still want to continue this though. I have too much faith in our relationship to break-up or commit something stupid.

Haha wtf what country is he in? Have you ever even met?

MissProvocateur
12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Haha wtf what country is he in? Have you ever even met?

He's in Sweden. :p (He's a user in this forum)

And nope, we haven't personally met yet, though I'm pretty sure he isn't some 40 year old pedohpile, thanks to mutual friends and aquitances we have. We talk on skype almost everyday, for hours. x)

Virtuous
12-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Can love bloom in the battlefield?

Metal Gear Solid?....

Smaug
12-11-2012, 09:25 PM

And nope, we haven't personally met yet, though I'm pretty sure he isn't some 40 year old pedohpile, thanks to mutual friends and aquitances we have. We talk on skype almost everyday, for hours. x)

Mr. Mittens?

Mortimer
12-11-2012, 09:29 PM
im so happy for you fufuangeli, you are such a wondeful angelic being, i think sirmittens suits you well. live your dream:thumb001:

MissProvocateur
12-11-2012, 09:30 PM
that relationship will never last lol

It has lasted for almost 3 years, which is probably MUCH longer than you'll ever get, but you wouldn't know, since you're such a prick.

Mr. Mittens?

Aye.

Baldur
12-11-2012, 09:31 PM
It has lasted for almost 3 years, which is probably MUCH longer than you'll ever get, but you wouldn't know, since you're such a prick.

Aye.

So when are you going to meet then :P

Mortimer
12-11-2012, 09:32 PM
why do you make fun of fufuangeli, the contact is real, the persons involved are real, and the Feelings are real. they know eatch other (Skype etc.) so i see nothing wrong. let them be

Leon_C
12-11-2012, 09:33 PM

I think I might have an Idea of who he is :P His username initials are S M correct?

Baldur
12-11-2012, 09:33 PM
why do you make fun of fufuangeli, the contact is real, the persons involved are real, and the Feelings are real. they know eatch other (Skype etc.) so i see nothing wrong. let them be

I didnt mean to make fun of her lol, it was a serious question, because sure talking over internet is fun and all but its when they meet they will see if it will work.

Leon_C
12-11-2012, 09:34 PM
so wonderful fufuangeli, like in a dream. you met as Teenagers, and will die as old People. I hope it never ends:thumb001:

Unless one of them gets run over by a lorry.

Mortimer
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
i know how it is to "love" over the Internet. i cried two times like a Little Baby over broken contacts

Mortimer
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
you're so romantic:D,everything is wrong here:D

nothing is wrong, you are wrong

MissProvocateur
12-11-2012, 09:37 PM
So when are you going to meet then :P

It's likely he will come next year. :)
If not, in 2014 I'll go to Sweden anyway.

Mortimer
12-11-2012, 09:38 PM
for my dear Buddy fufuangeli
0kw6w9CPTjw

Baldur
12-11-2012, 09:38 PM
It's likely he will come next year. :)
If not, in 2014 I'll go to Sweden anyway.

I'll ignore Dralos, he probably will never get a girlfriend anyway. Such pathetic little pricks don't ever get anything remotely similar to one anyway.

ok, cool wish u both the best of luck then with your relationship :)

Pallantides
12-11-2012, 09:39 PM
When I was 16-17 I used to chat a lot with this goth girl from the states, I remember she looked a bit like Jennifer Connelly with a Gothic getup. After a while I lost contact with her(she stopped coming online) and I never heard from her since.

Smaug
12-11-2012, 09:40 PM
You two should meet in Brazil during the World Cup. International and neutral territory xD

MissProvocateur
12-11-2012, 09:41 PM
ok, cool wish u both the best of luck then with your relationship :)

Thank you, you're very kind. :)

Mraz
12-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Once I felt in love on the Internet, she was so nice on her pics.
She called me her champ and my dear.
Her name was SuperJennifer69 and she said she was my age.
Then I met Jennifer, she was not like on her pic, she was fat and
had baldness, she said "enter in my van", I entered in her van.
When I realized that my Jennifer was in fact a Tyronne, it was too late,
I started to cry, but nobody came.
:cry

Lathander
12-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Makes me think of:

urNyg1ftMIU

That video made my day (or night) :)

It is too bad those woman warriors with bikini shaped armor doesn't exist in real life.

Minesweeper
12-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Never had such an online experience, so it's not easy to form an opinion. We live in digital age, so I guess it cold work for some people. Not for me though.

Graham
12-11-2012, 10:13 PM
You two should meet in Brazil during the World Cup. International and neutral territory xD

Would have went if Scotland qualified. I have the money saved too :( Wont happen.

Kazimiera
12-11-2012, 10:33 PM
I have cleared up this thread of insults now. The guilty parties know who they are. I do NOT want to see any more of this here. Period.

Thread re-opened.

MissProvocateur
12-11-2012, 10:35 PM
I think I might have an Idea of who he is :P His username initials are S M correct?

Yes! :D

Smaug
12-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Would have went if Scotland qualified. I have the money saved too :( Wont happen.

That's sad man. I bet you'd have loved here. And I also would like to see Scotland playing...

Lena
12-11-2012, 10:54 PM

It's sweet :) I wish you two all the best from the bottom of my heart! Also, from what I seen by far, he's a perfect gentleman.

Lena
12-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Yes! :D

It wasn't a hard one... the way he came right after you to support you...
gentleman :wink

Lathander
12-11-2012, 10:59 PM
A friend of mine met a polish girl in a summer camp in London-Southbank.They made little bit foreplay in the kitchen of student dormitory,and consumed our nutella stock on the job.Then they continued their relationship on internet.The girl came to Turkey in summer and they f.cked.It was first time for both of them.And the best part of story was that my friend was a 175 cm and 50 kg man,while the girl was 1.70 cm and around 100 kg:)

I would really like to see that but life is not fair:(

Graham
12-11-2012, 11:00 PM
That's sad man. I bet you'd have loved here. And I also would like to see Scotland playing...

Last time Scotland played a world cup was France 98

Opening game was 1Scotland vs 2Brazil. My uncle went. Said it was fucking amazing.

Went to the Scotland-Brazil game in London, last year. Was very good.

Went to the World Cup in Germany 2006, best holiday ever..
-------------------------
Anyhoo back on topic..football is my weakness

Arthas
12-12-2012, 12:04 PM
the girl was 1.70 cm and around 100 kg:)

hahahahahaha

Smaug
12-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Last time Scotland played a world cup was France 98

Opening game was 1Scotland vs 2Brazil. My uncle went. Said it was fucking amazing.

Went to the Scotland-Brazil game in London, last year. Was very good.

Went to the World Cup in Germany 2006, best holiday ever..
-------------------------
Anyhoo back on topic..football is my weakness

Haha, so you do lilke football. I didn't know that. It's sad that Scotland hasn't played in a World Cup for such a long time.

Baldur
12-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Haha, so you do lilke football. I didn't know that. It's sad that Scotland hasn't played in a World Cup for such a long time.

Yeah, what was the name of that old scottish blonde player?

Graham
12-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Yeah, what was the name of that old scottish blonde player?
Colin Hendry? Centre-back Was the Captain..played part in Blackburn Rovers Premiership victory mid nineties.

Favourite of the tartan Army

Baldur
12-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Colin Hendry? Centre-back Was the Captain..played part in Blackburn Rovers Premiership victory mid nineties.

Favourite of the tartan Army

Ah yes i remember how he look like but his name got stuck on my tongue, thanks a lot :)

Neanderthal
12-12-2012, 08:30 PM

Talvi
12-12-2012, 09:30 PM
I know a girl who met her bf online. He lives in Canada. They have met once and are about to meet again soon.

Partizan
12-12-2012, 09:39 PM
I met one of my ex-girlfriends online(An Algerian Arab). Later we met in Turkey(we were together for 2 weeks) but we broke up after 3 months she went back to Algeria.

larali
12-12-2012, 10:52 PM
I met my first serious boyfriend over the internet, back in the 90s. We were together online, and in real life, for 4 years and came close to getting engaged.

Would I take that risk now? Well I'm married, but if I wasn't... i dunno.