PDA

View Full Version : What kind of sport do you do and why?

Superbia
12-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Well this section of the forum is pretty unactive :( But what sport do you people practice, and why?
I do fencing although right now I had to give up for some time so I just do normal gym work out. Fencing is my favourite sport because it requires a nice physical condition (speed, flexibility) and is the perfect combination of technique, skill and strategy, and also very beautiful and kind of "ritual" in the procedures.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Sofya+Velikaya+Olympics+Day+5+Fencing+3CbmSVrKiOol .jpg

I also love horse riding but I can't do it very often because I normally live in a big city and is far away, expensive etc. I love it because of th nature surroundings and because horses are one of the most beautiful and noble creatures :)

http://www.algarvehousing.net/upload/images/Activities/Spain.jpg

http://www.horsecommunities.org/images/galloping%20horse-1%20mountain.jpg

What about you people don't be lazy :D

Don Arb
12-14-2012, 03:19 PM
I used to work out for years, In the summer I love voleyball, anyway lately Ive become lazy ass:S

Corvus
12-14-2012, 03:25 PM
I used to play icehockey in my youth competitivly and football and tennis in school,
Due to injury woes and psychological problems (competition fear)
I had to quit it.

Now I focus on strength and endurance training and try to work out at least 5 times a week.
My training units are not too time consuming but very hard and effecitve.
My training methods are also kind of unorthodox and archaic but they seem to pay off because I physically progressed immensly.

I am also currently educating myself in this direction and I want to be professionally engaged in the field of sports and fitness training soon

sammymcgoff
12-14-2012, 03:30 PM
I like rugby and World's Strongest Man. I don't take part in either of them (you probably wouldn't expect me to for the second one lol all the stuff they lift is too damn heavy!)

Graham
12-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Play 7-a-side & 5-a-side football once or twice a week.

Zmey Gorynych
12-14-2012, 03:31 PM
I did boxing, muay-thai and SAMBO; the key word being I did simply because I can show-up at work with black eyes or broken lips. Now I do the occasional pull-ups, push-ups ...

Ohh, we have to explain why ? Well you need to have a certain temperament to practice contact sports and you'll probably think that I'm not right in the head but violence (both inflicted by you upon others and by others upon you) can be very rewarding, as rewarding as sex is, sometimes even more ...

Superbia
12-14-2012, 03:33 PM
I used to play icehockey in my youth competitivly and football and tennis in school,
Due to injury woes and psychological problems (competition fear)
I had to quit it.

Now I focus on strength and endurance training and try to work out at least 5 times a week.
My training units are not too time consuming but very hard and effecitve.
My training methods are also kind of unorthodox and archaic but they seem to pay off because I physically progressed immensly.

I am also currently educating myself in this direction and I want to be professionally engaged in the field of sports and fitness training soon

Yes I used to compete in fencing too, but nothing serious, I can imagine the pressure can get pretty hard if you reach higher levels.
What do you mean by "unorthodox and archaic" training methods that'd interest me :D

Just90
12-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Soccer :D
I love watch soccer like the English premiere league , well any kind of championship and the only game I love to play its FiFa
I just love soccer so much

Corvus
12-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Yes I used to compete in fencing too, but nothing serious, I can imagine the pressure can get pretty hard if you reach higher levels.
What do you mean by "unorthodox and archaic" training methods that'd interest me :D

I run thorugh special terrain like snow or mud in winter time and I like to use stones or small tree trunks instead of regular barbells, esp. outside when I combine cardio and strenght :D
In general I do a lot of training with my own bodyweight.

Mans not hot
12-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Football/soccer because it's popular sport here.

Balmung
12-14-2012, 03:47 PM
American football, because its the greatest sport ever created.

Mraz
12-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Badminton, just because.

Clawgauth
12-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Boxe and random self defence - martial arts: better understanding of themselves and more security. And for test my physical strenght

Swordfight: to feel myself alive

Damiăo de Góis
12-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Play 7-a-side & 5-a-side football once or twice a week.

Same, but sadly not as much as i used to.

Lábaru
12-25-2012, 12:22 AM
my routine this year was---->30 min of weapons, large wood stick, knives and sword, another thirty minutes of combat or sandbag and thirty minutes in the fitness room, three days per week.

Ibericus
12-25-2012, 12:39 AM
i do weights, bodybuilding

askra
12-25-2012, 01:01 AM
The only two sports that i practised with constancy are basketball and horse riding, in particular the second one, i have also the licence to attend the show-jumping competitions.
Now i practise sometimes five-a-side football and cycling with mountain bike (but on city roads :picard1:) .

Laubach
12-26-2012, 07:12 AM
I practiced many sports in my life now that I am a father, I do not have much time.

The sports that are practiced and taste: Football, Ice hockey, tennis, fencing, muay thai, boxing, jiu jitsu, swimming, riding and Rugby.

Currently, only practice bodybuilding(every day), football, rugby and tennis occasionally

chocolatcandy
01-29-2013, 12:31 PM
I love to do ballet!

Caismeachd
01-29-2013, 01:43 PM
I never got into sports. I player soccer (football, yes of course) when I was little. I did karate also. I did weightlifting mid to late 20s. Now I just do some calisthenics and jogging. Competitive sports are kind of, eh... I don't like a bunch of sweaty half naked men rubbing up against me (remembering when I played some water polo).

Mans not hot
01-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Football, because it's popular sport in England and Poland.

Austo
01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Football/soccer i played in a club for 8 years. but since 4 years not anymore.

All i do now is working out. Pull ups mostly.

Permafrost
01-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Soccer, stopped a couple of years ago.

I am still a big football/soccer fan though.

GREMO KOPER!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wf4cvs.jpg

chocolatcandy
01-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Football, because it's popular sport in England and Poland.

Is it really that popular in Poland?

Austo
01-31-2013, 12:06 AM
Is it really that popular in Poland?

I would say football is popular in whole europe.

Or are you talking about american football?

Lemon Kush
02-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Basketball!!! So I can get all the white wimminz to like me :D

Also because it's a good exercise. :thumb001: