PDA

View Full Version : Bosniaks in Turkey

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 05:16 PM
http://medya.todayszaman.com/todayszaman/2011/06/05/bosniak.jpgBosnians in Bayrampaşa build edifices and fountains that have the characteristics of Bosnian architecture.

Bosnian communities in İstanbul continue to cling to the roots of their ancestors decades after first migrating to Turkey. Emerging at the end of the 19th and the start of the 20th century, Bosnian Muslims settled in large numbers, predominantly in the northwestern region of Marmara.
Today, thousands curiously are keeping their old Bosniak traditions alive.

Throughout Turkey there are towns named after Bosnia and its surrounding regions. İstanbul’s largest Bosniak population is located in Bayrampaşa, where almost all residents have Bosniak or Balkan ancestry.

Walking through the streets of Bayrampaşa, it is not unusual to hear Bosnian being spoken. Multiple replicas of the famous Old Bridge of Mostar are spread throughout the town. It is full of constant reminders that one is walking through a Bosniak part of İstanbul.

This particular community also differs from most in Turkey because a large portion of its residents are tall with light skin, eyes and hair. Many say that that is how they are recognized as Bosniaks.

To keep the spirit of the their culture alive even today, the residents of Bayrampaşa have associations and organize events to keep a constant tie with Bosnia, Sandzak, Macedonia and other Balkan regions where there is a large Bosniak population.

Wedding ceremonies are celebrated in a highly traditional manner. Everything from the dancing to the clothing is preserved and done as it was hundreds of years ago.

The small but famous Sancak Sports Club is also located in Bayrampaşa. Founded in 2005, it has already contributed seven basketball stars to the Turkish national team, as well as to other Turkish leagues. Club owner and former Turkish national player Zülfü Kosut says that the fact that so many Bosniaks are tall makes for a wide selection of talent in basketball. He also adds that most of the players speak Bosnian. This, he says, helps when they are calling out the game plan amongst each other on the court.

Other organizations such as the Bosna-Sandzak Association, work hard to keep certain traditions alive within the community. Contacts with the homeland are inevitable because there are always aspects that will keep their traditional roots dear and close to heart. The president of the association, Zahit Büyükbayrak, was happy to say that Bosniaks from all over the world have been visiting Bayrampaşa and strengthening ties. Many forms of charity also maintains cooperation with their homeland.

“We are always on call; this association is always open to whoever may need help. Though we focus a lot on keeping ties with Bosnia and Sandzak, and doing many charity drives and other forms of help for that region, we never turn our backs on someone who needs us, even outside the Balkans.” Büyükbayrak said.

When asked what they, as a community, think is key to keeping the Bosniak traditions alive in the future, they all agree on language.

“Our grandparents never spoke any Turkish, they always spoke to us in Bosnian, but now it’s easier for us and our children to communicate in Turkish, so unfortunately the Bosnian language is slowly starting to fade in some households.” Bekir Yaşar, owner of the family business Hot Dizayn said.

However, after the Balkan conflict in the 1990s, Turkish and Bosnian ties strengthened.

The Bosniak Balkan Federation plays another important role for the Bosniaks living within Turkey. They are the umbrella for all Balkan societies in the country. Organizing meetings and maintaining the overall organization of the Bosniaks and their communities. Founded in 2003 by Ahmed Kemal Baysak, it connects six main cities, İzmir, Adana, Adapazarı, İnegöl, Karamüsel and Sefaköy as well as 10 other associations.

The main goal of the Bosniak Balkan Federation is to better cultural and social as well economic relations with the Balkans. Additionally, it shows support from the Bosniaks in Turkey. They work for an overall goal of achieving a stronger Bosniak population and community all over the world.

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Bosnian news about bosniaks in Turkey

ClW7v_tl_qQ

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Very interesting program,but i cant find the whole :) these people speak very good bosnian you would never say they did not even see Bosnia,the oldest women dont even speak turkish

7DOk4Ds6GR4

dralos
12-14-2012, 05:30 PM
they dont look that light and tall to be seen as uber folks in turkey:D

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 05:32 PM
they dont look that light and tall to be seen as uber folks in turkey:D

:picard1: leave my thread

dralos
12-14-2012, 05:34 PM
we have democracy here in apricity not Islamic law

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 05:36 PM
This particular community also differs from most in Turkey because a large portion of its residents are tall with light skin, eyes and hair. Many say that that is how they are recognized as Bosniaks.

;) :D

dralos
12-14-2012, 05:37 PM
the video dissaproves that

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 05:38 PM
the video shows old people

Mraz
12-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Is the % of Bosniaks that moved to Turkey when the Austrians annexed Bosnia known?
Dralos weren't you supposed to be banned 4 days?

dralos
12-14-2012, 05:40 PM
look from 1:59:D and you see that they show young ones too

dralos
Is the % of Bosniaks that moved to Turkey when the Austrians annexed Bosnia known?
i'm unbannable and btw i wasnt online:D

Hurrem sultana

I have no idea but i guess many ,apparently more bosniaks in Turkey than Bosnia

Don Arb
12-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Very interesting program,but i cant find the whole :) these people speak very good bosnian you would never say they did not even see Bosnia,the oldest women dont even speak turkish

7DOk4Ds6GR4

Bosniak women do the same as albanian women sitting around the table cooking all the day for 50 family members, that's the only career allowed for women in Turkey and all of them are covered wtf

Dengizik
12-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Bosniak women do the same as albanian women sitting around the table cooking all the day for 50 family members, that's the only career allowed for women in Turkey and all of them are covered wtf

In the 1930s, Turkey gave full political rights to women, including the right to elect and be elected locally (in 1930) and nationwide (in 1934). (when the time albanian women even dont allowed go out home).

Your all posts bullshit. and you are the definition of bullshit. :thumb001:

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 05:51 PM
a village in Turkey showing bosniak kids with bosnian flag..awww so cute :)

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/2333/resim084mo2.jpg

Partizan
12-14-2012, 05:57 PM
In the 1930s, Turkey gave full political rights to women, including the right to elect and be elected locally (in 1930) and nationwide (in 1934). (when the time albanian women even dont allowed go out home).

Also the first female fighter pilot in the World was a Turkish woman, Sabiha Gökçen! :thumb001:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/Sabiha_g%C3%B6k%C3%A7en.jpg/200px-Sabiha_g%C3%B6k%C3%A7en.jpg

Meanwhile in Albania:

http://www.travelfunny.com/funny-pictures/funny-europe/funny-albania-01.jpg

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Also the first female fighter pilot in the World was a Turkish woman, Sabiha Gökçen! :thumb001:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/Sabiha_g%C3%B6k%C3%A7en.jpg/200px-Sabiha_g%C3%B6k%C3%A7en.jpg

Meanwhile in Albania:

Actually she was part Bosniak,her mother was bosniak

Partizan
12-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Actually she was part Bosniak,her mother was bosniak

I know. However she was from Turkey and was a member of Turkish army.

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 06:04 PM
I know. However she was from Turkey and was a member of Turkish army.

Hahah,but when you mention it on a thread about bosniaks from Turkey,it deserves to be mentioned:thumb001:

Fabian
12-14-2012, 06:13 PM

Yes women in Albania have more rights, that is generally the trend in secular societies...

The average Balkan patriarch is a gentlemen compared to the typical Anatolian mutt.

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Yes women in Albania have more rights, that is generally the trend in secular societies...

The average Balkan patriarch is a gentlemen compared to the typical Anatolian mutt.

Seriously dude,in Bosnia when a man is known to be very strict people say he is a "real siptar",you are known to be cruel against your women..at least before

dralos
12-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Seriously dude,in Bosnia when a man is known to be very strict people say he is a "real siptar",you are known to be cruel against your women..at least before
bosniaks are like serbs when it comes to alboz so you're super biased lol
and you are very primitive people lol:D

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 06:19 PM
bosniaks are like serbs when it comes to alboz so you're super biased lol
and you are very primitive people lol:D

I know one bosnian woman who used to be married to an albanian,he would not let her go out alone EVER

:eek:

Mraz
12-14-2012, 06:29 PM
It looks like you got a lot of serbian husbands there! and muslim bosniak trash got 4 wifes at home, you have no right on this.

There are no Bosniak with 4 women, and even if it happens, the guy who do that would be very very brave.

Cannabis Sativa
12-14-2012, 06:35 PM

Damn, my favourite. She has been the worst nightmare of kıros. My grandfather has supported her with the artillery brigade in Çarsancak District of Tunceli in 1937. Peace be upon her.

TheMagnificent
12-14-2012, 06:36 PM

Turkey has a higher proportion of female professors than any of the EU countries (about 25%) and nearly half of other academic staff are female. Also the proportion of women in engineering is higher than in many other European countries.
Source: http://ec.europa.eu/research/science-society/document_library/pdf_06/turkey-research-funding_en.pdf

Besides, we have had a female prime minister, Tansu Çiller, which is something that not many countries can say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tansu_%C3%87iller

Fabian
12-14-2012, 06:46 PM
There are no Bosniak with 4 women, and even if it happens, the guy who do that would be very very brave.

Good to hear, polygamy is a plague. In practice outside some very rare exceptions it will infringe a women's basic rights.

Onur
12-14-2012, 06:47 PM
:picard1:

No we are proud of our own culture,you see theese people still having bosnian flags in Turkey,,,even their parents never saw Bosnia ;)
Albos are trying to destroy your beautiful thread. Try not to be fooled by them please.

Annihilus
12-14-2012, 06:51 PM

She was orphan and adopted by Ataturk afaik. Not sure what she was, some say Armenian.

Don Arb
12-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Turkey has a higher proportion of female professors than any of the EU countries (about 25%) and nearly half of other academic staff are female. Also the proportion of women in engineering is higher than in many other European countries.
Source: http://ec.europa.eu/research/science-society/document_library/pdf_06/turkey-research-funding_en.pdf

Besides, we have had a female prime minister, Tansu Çiller, which is something that not many countries can say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tansu_%C3%87iller

you cant hide the fact that you are islamic society dude and thats what your lifestyle is,your women mostly are covered thats the truth, you shouldnt be ashamed of your islamic culture and traditions

Partizan
12-14-2012, 06:55 PM
She was orphan and adopted by Ataturk afaik. Not sure what she was, some say Armenian.

Nah, she had a family but she was poor, this article explains enough:

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/ermeni-iddiasini--ilk-ucus-tarihi-curuttu/guncel/haberdetayarsiv/29.01.2010/265366/default.htm?ver=15

Dünyanın ilk kadın savaş pilotu ünvanına sahip, Atatürkün manevi kızı Sabiha Gökçenin Ermeni olduğu iddialarına bir tepki de, 22 Mart 2004te TRTde gösterilecek "Sabiha Gökçen Türk Kızı, Gök Kızı, Atatürk Kızı" adlı belgeseli hazırlayan yapımcı Gülşah Çelikerden geldi. Çeliker, "Üç yıl boyunca yaptığım araştırma sırasında, Gökçenin Ermeni olduğuna dair hiçbir bulguya rastlamadım" dedi. İddianın yer aldığı haberde birçok hata olduğunu anlatan Çeliker, "Gökçen iddia edildiği gibi 5-6 yaşında evlat edinilseydi, 1935te uçtuğu zaman 15 yaşında olması gerekirdi. Oysa 1935te 22 yaşındaydı" diye konuştu. Sabiha Gökçenin yazar Oktay Verel tarafından kaleme alınan ve Türk Hava Kurumu tarafından kitaplaştırılan anılarında ailesi hakkında geniş bilgi verildiğini, Edirne Deftardarı babası Hafız İzzet Beyin Jön Türk olduğu gerekçesiyle Bursaya sürüldüğünü belirten Çeliker sözlerini şöyle sürdürdü:"Babasının ilk evliliğinden Şefik ve Nazime adlı iki çocuğu vardır. Annesi Hayriye Hanımın da ilk evliliğinden Neşet ve Nafia adlı iki çocukları bulunmaktadır. Babasıyla annesi evlenir. İlk çocuklarının adını Saime koyarlar. Bu arada annesinin oğlu Neşetin de Mukaddes adında bir çocuğu dünyaya gelmiştir. Torun sahibi annesi Sabiha Gökçene hamile kalır. Onu istemez ama düşürmeyi başaramaz. 22 Mart 1913te Sabiha Gökçen dünyaya gelir." Babası Bursaya sürüldü Çeliker, Gökçenin Atatürkle tanışmasını da şöyle aktardı: "1925te bir yurt gezisine çıkan Atatürk, Bursada bir hafta kalacaktır. Gökçenin yanında kaldığı abisi Neşet de, Atatürkün kalacağı köşke koruma olarak girer. Atatürk köşkte olduğu bir sırada Gökçen tüm korumaları atlatarak Atatürke ulaşır. Atatürk kızın bu cesareti karşısında onun kim olduğunu öğrenmek ister ve yanına çağırır. Konuşurlar ve Atatürk, Sabihayı evlat edinmek istediğini söyler. Abisi Neşeti çağırır. Abi de buna izin verir." 1925te evlat edindi İddia, Genelkurmay ve THKyı kızdırdı Genelkurmay Başkanlığı, Sabiha Gökçenin, Atatürkün Türk kadınının Türk toplumu içinde bulunmasını istediği yeri gösteren bir sembol olduğunu belirterek, böyle bir sembolü tartışmaya açmanın milli bütünlüğe ve toplumsal barışa katkısı bulunmayacağını ifade etti. Konuyla ilgili açıklamada, "Bir iddiayı, milli duygu ve değerleri de kötüye kullanarak yayımlamanın habercilik olarak nitelendirilmesini kabul edilemez. Son zamanlarda Türk medyasının bir bölümünde sağlıksız, tehlikeli düşüncelere sorumsuzca yer verildiği kaygıyla izlenmektedir" ifadeleri kullanıldı. Türk Hava Kurumu (THK) Genel Sekreteri emekli Hava Pilot Tuğgeneral Ahmet Ergönen imzasıyla THK adına yapılan açıklamada da şöyle denildi: "Gökçen hakkındaki bu iddia, önceden bilindiği halde neden sağlığında ortaya atılmamış, ona neden cevap hakkı tanınmamıştır? Bu durum, işin planlı olduğunu göstermektedir." Açıklamada, Gökçenin anılarının yer aldığı kitap ve nüfus kütüğü araştırmalarından elde edilen bilgi ve belgelerin de medya kuruluşlarına gönderileceği vurgulandı. Planlı bir çalışma Ailesini biliyorum, iddiaların aslı yok Atatürkün manevi kızı Ülkü Adatepe, dün eşi Öke Adatepe ve Gökçeni yakından tanıyan gazeteci yazar Orhan Karaveliyle basın toplantısı düzenledi. Adatepe, "Çok sevdiğim ablam büyük haksızlığa uğradığı için basın açıklaması yapmak istedim. Gökçen, ilk eşimden dolayı, çocuklarımın akrabasıdır. Tüm ailesini biliyorum. İddiaların aslı yok" dedi. "Atatürkün ismini şerefiyle taşıyan muhterem bir insana böyle iftiralar atılması beni üzdü" diyen Adatepe, Gökçenin ailesinden yaşayan kimse kalmadığı için yasal yollara başvurma hakkının da olmadığını söyledi. Orhan Karaveli de, "Gökçen Ermeni, Rum, Musevi veya İtalyan olabilirdi. Bunlara karşı değiliz ama böyle bir şey yok" diye konuştu. Dava açacak akraba yok.

Only source of the Armenian claim is Agos, an Armenian nationalist/chauvinist newspaper.

dado
12-14-2012, 08:19 PM
nice story about bosniak in argentina....he spoke bosnian only with his father and it's amaizing how good his bosnian is

he came in bosnia just to meet his family

his father was probably with nazis so he escaped for Argentina and started his family there

meet Ramon Hošić

lMcgxuwlaCU

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Ramon :D

otkud bosnjaci u Argentini?

dado
12-14-2012, 08:56 PM
@ bosnian aka luna :)

well there is not too much of them in latin america...i guess his father was nazi so he escaped there

Sultan Suleiman
12-14-2012, 11:14 PM
They are Turks, not Bosniaks.

Just as your children after a generation will be Swedes, deal with it. :coffee:

Hurrem sultana
12-14-2012, 11:17 PM

Depends if they speak bosnian and feel bosnian:rolleyes:

Sultan Suleiman
12-14-2012, 11:19 PM

In the end they will be assimilated under two generations my dear S*l*hson :rolleyes:

Mraz
12-14-2012, 11:23 PM
I think I don't care if my offsprings are assimilated or not, I'd put them to the mosque at an early age and make sure they frequent the most radical imams :laugh:

dralos
12-14-2012, 11:25 PM
I think I don't care if my offsprings are assimilated or not, I'd put them to the mosque at an early age and make sure they frequent the most radical imams :laugh:
moroccan style:D

Loki
12-14-2012, 11:28 PM

They might feel half ... something else :D

Mraz
12-14-2012, 11:30 PM
moroccan style:D

Nope, I'd forbid them to go for any native, only headscarf and religious women, if they want a native, then they'd have to convert them :laugh:
If I have daughters, I'd trade them for a new car or something.

dralos
12-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Nope, I'd forbid them to go for any native, only headscarf and religious women, if they want a native, then they'd have to convert them :laugh:
If I have daughters, I'd trade them for a new car or something.
thats the way,in flanders you have your mosque:D

Mraz
12-14-2012, 11:43 PM
thats the way,in flanders you have your mosque:D

Here too, but no hot chicks among the prayers :(

dralos
12-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Here too, but no hot chicks among the prayers :(
they keep the hot ones away from the predators,the mosque is like a water source where lions watch for preys:D

Mraz
12-15-2012, 12:01 AM
they keep the hot ones away from the predators,the mosque is like a water source where lions watch for preys:D

If it keeps this way, I'll finish as Mrazoglu :D

dralos
12-15-2012, 12:02 AM
If it keeps this way, I'll finish as Mrazoglu :D
ahahhahhaah:D

alb0zfinest
12-15-2012, 12:15 AM

Meanwhile in Albania:

Again,as always, talking garbage without knowing anything.
Do you know that the president of Kosova is a woman. Do you know how many women are in the Albanian parliament and kosovar one? do you know how many women serve in the Kosovo and Albanian police force?

Hurrem sultana
01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
edit

teodor11
05-19-2013, 12:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHB01rtwwzk